• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
g OD. I'm legitimately upset? Everyone I like keeps dying? I'm done with this franchise?
I'm not done with this franchise, I still need to know wtf happens in Despair Arc.

Grexeno

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Future Arc 02

CE7ilVR.png

Well they went there.

Hopeford

Initial reaction to anime announcement: "Dammit, why isn't Togami there? Get in here, Togami!"

After watching this episode: "Togami, on second thought, stay the fuck away."

Initial reaction to anime announcement: "Dammit, why isn't Togami there? Get in here, Togami!"

Same. Very much the same.

Great Gozu must live. He must.
He's going to break my heart and die just like Gundam.

Makoto Naegi finds himself completely alone in a dark room. The Future Foundation has been mostly wiped out. He is the only one left. Suddenly, a hooded figure appears before him.

Makoto: Then it was all...

???: A simulation, yes.

Makoto: Then my friends are...!

???: Alive.

Makoto begins to tear up. He is completely overcome with happiness.

???: I needed to test you, the Ultimate Hope, one last time. I needed to see if your hope could withstand the absolutely pinnacle of despair.

The mysterious figure unveils her hood.

Makoto: You...but how?!

Chiaki: And your Hope was real. It shined brighter than anything I've ever seen before. Despite the situation, despite the deaths of your beloved friends, you never doubted anyone. You kept believing in a situation that desperately tried to destroy it. I'm so glad to have experienced your hope first hand. Now go, your friends are waiting for you outside.

A bright flash completely blinds him. After some time passes, Makoto awakes in a familiar room.

Makoto: Hin...Hina?

Hina: Welcome back, Naegi-kun.

---

Is this what you pro simulation people want? Huh? Huh? HUH?!
Yes.
That's exactly what I want.
CHIAKI SURVIVES AND I HAVE GOOD TIMES. WE ALL WIN

I'm pretty much just going to accept that everyone I like is going to die. Also, I'm officially praying for Kirigiri. If she dies I might cease to function.

FStubbs

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Future Arc 02

Well they went there.

Ya know, looking at how Chisa was killed (?) and how Aoi was killed, whoever this killer is does not like busty girls.

I wonder who that names as a suspect.

And if Chiaki really is secretly here, she's clearly next.

NeonZ

It's very clearly some sort of program, though. How else would he have interacted with Miaya's Usami program?

Here's my guess - Miaya is Monaca and the mastermind so they could interact because they're both her puppets. Hope's Peak recruiter pointed to her as suspicious. She was also the one that "confirmed" that there must be a traitor among them since she supposedly only could be hacked from inside.

UberTag

Here's my guess - Miaya is Monaca and the mastermind so they could interact because they're both her puppets. Hope's Peak recruiter pointed to her as suspicious. She was also the one that "confirmed" that there must be a traitor among them since she supposedly only could be hacked from inside.
Hacking herself by getting Monokuma to refit her Usami avatar into Monomi could also be seen as a deflection attempt to make her seem innocent and not actually pulling the strings. It would also be worthwhile for the mastermind to give themselves a forbidden action that would prevent people from incriminating them. If hers is indeed "I can't touch anyone else", well it also gives her plausible deniability for not killing anyone and prevents people from searching her body for evidence and/or finding out she can walk/speak, etc.

Goodstyle

Makoto Naegi finds himself completely alone in a dark room. The Future Foundation has been mostly wiped out. He is the only one left. Suddenly, a hooded figure appears before him.

Makoto: Then it was all...

???: A simulation, yes.

Makoto: Then my friends are...!

???: Alive.

Makoto begins to tear up. He is completely overcome with happiness.

???: I needed to test you, the Ultimate Hope, one last time. I needed to see if your hope could withstand the absolutely pinnacle of despair.

The mysterious figure unveils her hood.

Makoto: You...but how?!

Chiaki: And your Hope was real. It shined brighter than anything I've ever seen before. Despite the situation, despite the deaths of your beloved friends, you never doubted anyone. You kept believing in a situation that desperately tried to destroy it. I'm so glad to have experienced your hope first hand. Now go, your friends are waiting for you outside.

A bright flash completely blinds him. After some time passes, Makoto awakes in a familiar room.

Makoto: Hin...Hina?

Hina: Welcome back, Naegi-kun.

---

Is this what you pro simulation people want? Huh? Huh? HUH?!

This is my nightmare scenario.

I find very unlikely Monaca is Miaya and the traitor, UDG was just before DR2 which is just before DR3, unless Danganronpa decides to go completely Zero Escape and time travel is involved, Monaca and Miaya are 2 very different people that share some similarity because at most Monaca is 11 years old right now

Jigorath

Banned
That was a pretty entertaining episode, though Hina's death was telegraphed from a mile away.

I think I'm now onboard the Chiaki = Miaya theory.

And poor Bandai, that dude had no chance of survival with his rule.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Glad they were willing to kill Hina to up the stakes. It's not like she had an important role like Naegi or Kirigiri, so I'm not expecting any more of the old guard to die.

The main "antagonist" with the white hair is incredibly annoying. He pretty much exists just to be at odds with Naegi and co. and his reasoning for killing people off 1 by 1 is laughably dumb. Hope this aspect of the show improves a bit.

GoldStarz

Glad they were willing to kill Hina to up the stakes. It's not like she had an important role like Naegi or Kirigiri, so I'm not expecting any more of the old guard to die.

The main "antagonist" with the white hair is incredibly annoying. He pretty much exists just to be at odds with Naegi and co. and his reasoning for killing people off 1 by 1 is laughably dumb. Hope this aspect of the show improves a bit.

Literally the only person he's trying to kill is Makoto so I'm not getting where you're thinking he's trying to kill people off one by one, since he's only attacked those who were blocking him from his goal. As for his reason, he's pretty clearly off the rails because of Chisa's death. Also with the information he has to go off of, Munakata doesn't really have any reason to not think Makoto is suspicious and he'd already figured he'd be executing him anyway.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Literally the only person he's trying to kill is Makoto so I'm not getting where you're thinking he's trying to kill people off one by one, since he's only attacked those who were blocking him from his goal. As for his reason, he's pretty clearly off the rails because of Chisa's death. Also with the information he has to go off of, Munakata doesn't really have any reason to not think Makoto is suspicious and he'd already figured he'd be executing him anyway.
His answer to Great Gozu (or someone else) when asked what if it's not Naegi was something to the effect of "we'll just repeat the process until we find the one, because it doesn't matter how many die as long as you eliminate despair". Come on. How much more edgy and juvenile can you get?

h0tp0ck3t

Literally the only person he's trying to kill is Makoto so I'm not getting where you're thinking he's trying to kill people off one by one

When he has everyone vote that Makoto is the attacker and he should be killed someone (Hina or Miaya don't remember) mentions that it might not be him and Munakata says something stupid like "then if we're wrong we'll just choose someone else later"

Edit: It was Ryoto and Munakata's response is "Then we keep voting"

Sapientas

Damn those death flags hurt me a lot more than I expected. Hina was a pretty cool character. She can join her brother now. At least she was not blown to pieces.

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Everyone who is moving will be victims (going by the 3 who died), the ones standing live, and the traitor is showing his back.
I would be very dissapointed if something like this was revealed in such a stupid way.

I'm also guessing there's more than one attacker or something like that.

Permanently A

The plot twist is that Makoto is
Mukuro Ikusaba. The sixteenth student. Lying hidden somewhere in this school. The one they call the Ultimate Despair…Watch out for her.

So he had a crush on himself and saved herself from being killed by taking the spears himself.

Wouldn't even be the silliest thing Kodaka has done.

GoldStarz

His answer to Great Gozu (or someone else) when asked what if it's not Naegi was something to the effect of "we'll just repeat the process until we find the one, because it doesn't matter how many die as long as you eliminate despair". Come on. How much more edgy and juvenile can you get?

Oh that? That's literally how you play Mafia. Have you guys really never played that game before?

Munakata isn't being juvenile there, he's being pragmatic. I don't personally agree with his stance but it's not wrong from a productivity aspect. Generally speaking, you know what happened in games where you take too long to vote people off? The mafia ends up winning and taking control. Of course, the margin for error here is much higher, but the principle is more or less the same game-wise.

... the same spot where the kunai had lodged into the wall was now spotless and pristine. The rest of the building may have been barricaded and totalled but something that was damaged now being perfectly intact doesn't jive with the story being told by the rest of the surroundings.

Kirigiri didn't disclose this information to anyone else which means that's either her restriction or she doesn't want to tip off the mastermind/traitor that she's made this revelation.
I didn't notice that. I believe that's a better explanation for that scene.

So the Future arc will pull a 999 and
reveal that the entire game is in a replica of the Future Foundation headquarters?
In that case there are two possibilities in my mind: either it is a
building made from the ground up by the Despair faction
or it is a
repurposed Hope's Peak
. The only thing is why, but I suppose if that's the case, the reason will be revealed in due time.

Same. Very much the same.

Great Gozu must live. He must.
He's going to break my heart and die just like Gundam.
I like your taste in characters. But I don't have a heart left to break 😢🍩

Yuuuuup

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Oh that? That's literally how you play Mafia. Have you guys really never played that game before?

Munakata isn't being juvenile there, he's being pragmatic. I don't personally agree with his stance but it's not wrong from a productivity aspect. Generally speaking, you know what happened in games where you take too long to vote people off? The mafia ends up winning and taking control. Of course, the margin for error here is much higher, but the principle is more or less the same game-wise.
He's supposed to be a high-ranked leader within the Future Foundation. I'm expecting a little more from him than being so "pragmatic" he's willing to play a game of Mafia with his fellow leaders' lives. That isn't pragmatism; that's a psycho following some laughably anime dogma. I'm supposed to believe this guy worked his way up the ranks of this group?

I get it. The party needs an inside antagonist. Byakuya's "screw you guys, I'm trusting only myself so I won't be helping anyone" attitude is more believable than this.

Permanently A

He's supposed to be a high-ranked leader within the Future Foundation. I'm expecting a little more from him than being so "pragmatic" he's willing to play a game of Mafia with his fellow leaders' lives. That isn't pragmatism; that's a psycho following some laughably anime dogma. I'm supposed to believe this guy worked his way up the ranks of this group?

I get it. The party needs an inside antagonist. Byakuya's "screw you guys, I'm trusting only myself so I won't be helping anyone" attitude is more believable than this.

Danganronpa 2 and Nagito's character is supposed to show you that "hope" isn't "good" but instead the "opposite of despair." Hope can twist people just as much as despair does. Munakata's hardline "we have to wipe out all of the despair" is really the predominant opinion the FF as an organization holds. Makoto is the outsider when it comes to his treatment of Despair.

DNAbro

I didn't notice that. I believe that's a better explanation for that scene.

So the Future arc will pull a 999 and
reveal that the entire game is in a replica of the Future Foundation headquarters?
In that case there are two possibilities in my mind: either it is a
building made from the ground up by the Despair faction
or it is a
repurposed Hope's Peak
. The only thing is why, but I suppose if that's the case, the reason will be revealed in due time.

I can see that happening now. I'm not sure what that twist would mean but it would also entail that
Hagakura might play into that. If he was on the outside, there is no way he didn't notice something.

Of course that's if it is true.

he probably could have tried to do a bit more than "let's murder the first person we think of."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm going with what the guy in the Hat said, its the Computer Girl.

Or maybe this entire thing is a simulation, and the Computer Girl is just a variation of Alter Ego. Its super suspect that she shows up after the game started.

Just watched ep 2 of future arc :

I want to curse the whole world right now .. what will i do without my donut lover girl ?

it's unfair , guys ..

Oh and that other character died in the most stupid way possible , battle royale 2 way even.. You can actually kill people by interracting with them , now

Would be funny if the killer knew about everyone restrctions and was actively trying to put them into death siatuations.

Also this is a simulation , btw .. you cannot do the usami becoming monomi Twice and expect me to belive this setup.

GoldStarz

I neither want nor expect the entirety of the original cast to die, but I suspect that only one of the competing members will end up living.

I hope Bull guy acts rationally and doesn't turn on Naegi, its such an obvious frame attempt only an anime character could fall for it.

UberTag

I neither want nor expect the entirety of the original cast to die, but I suspect that only one of the competing members will end up living.
As of right now it's hard to imagine the newbies as anything but fodder outside of the core Kyosuke-Chisa-Juzo trio (one of whom is seemingly already deceased), Ryota and Miaya.

I just started watching Mirai 2.

Wow, that theory about Wheelchair girl (don't remember her name) being
Chiaki
is making more and more sense?????

I don't know, it seems way too obvious now. Girl around the same age with a similar look that can't talk but only through Monomi/Usami. Too many coincidences for me. Or maybe they want everyone to happy thinking its her so we'll all have our guard down when....

MSMrRound

so in the despair arc, does everyone know the fat guy is the ultimate imposter or what

Doesn't look like it. He's passing himself off as the Ultimate Animator and even Chisa is calling him by that assumed name. Not too sure what the real Ultimate Animator doing at the same time though..since he was clearly shown on the Despair arc's opening.

Luigi87

I saw all them death flags going up and went "There's no way. There's gotta be plot armor here..."

And then they went and did it ;_;
stop killing off the busty gals, dangit!

Also, Juzo continues to be an Ultimate Asshole
he goes beyond SHSL here

NeonZ

I find very unlikely Monaca is Miaya and the traitor, UDG was just before DR2 which is just before DR3, unless Danganronpa decides to go completely Zero Escape and time travel is involved, Monaca and Miaya are 2 very different people that share some similarity because at most Monaca is 11 years old right now

I don't think it's that clear that one thing follows immediately from the other. They allude to future events, but for example, Togami isn't with Makoto here even though they were together at the time of the DR2 epilogue. If 2 or 3 years passed between those two games and the beginning of this season, they could easily use "growth spurt" to justify why she'd somehow be significantly older looking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom