• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maebe

welp, see y'all on the other side, I guess

last chance for over/unders on
  • Kirigiri alive
  • Chiaki alive
  • Junko, just like, in general
  • Nagito mastermind
  • Tengan's plan turns out to have not been totally nonsensical
  • Someone from 77-B other than Hajimezuru having a line
  • Double, slow-mo "sore wa chigau yo"
  • Hagakure and/or Byakuya do something useful again instead of vanishing thirty seconds into the episode now that the cliffhanger's been resolved
  • all the events thus far are wrapped up in a saitsfying, meaningful conclusion

Kirigiri alive - Absolutely

Chiaki alive - Nope

Junko, just like, in general - Animator guy probably whines about her at some point

Nagito mastermind - Nope

Tengan's plan turns out to have not been totally nonsensical - Nope

Someone from 77-B other than Hajimezuru having a line - Only Nagito, it must be awkward for the other voice actors

Double, slow-mo "sore wa chigau yo" - yes and it will be beautifully animated

Hagakure and/or Byakuya do something useful again instead of vanishing thirty seconds into the episode now that the cliffhanger's been resolved - HAHAHAHA

all the events thus far are wrapped up in a satisfying, meaningful conclusion
lol

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/new-danganronpa-v3-japanese-limited-edition-detailed-screenshots

More info on that Nagito OVA:

Looks like
the article spoils Nagito will wake up.

As expected of Hope

• Kirigiri alive
  • Chiaki alive
  • Nagito mastermind
  • Hagakure and/or Byakuya do something useful again instead of vanishing thirty seconds into the episode now that the cliffhanger's been resolved

Kiri - Yea, definitely
We still won't get that kiss
Chiaki - Yes
As an AI
Junko - Will get referenced, but not more
Nagito - Nah
Tengan - Nope, it's still going to be dumb as bricks
77B - BWAHAHA
Unless it is Chiaki or Nagito
Sore wa - wait for it - CHIGAU YO (Needs to happen badly)
Weedman & Togami - Will carry Naegi literally and metaphorically to Mitarai
Last thing -
Danganronpa V3 tie in by Monokuma, because Kodaka, despite insisting otherwise, can never fucking let go.

Honestly speaking though, there might be ups and downs and more than a fair shake of disappointment from the anime, but it's also been one hell of a ride, and brought together the DR fanbase and community in ways even the games never did. I'm going miss everything this show brought it with; the twists, the speculations, the canon-breaking let-downs, the hype (both good and bad) and all.

BTA

Oh boy that OVA detail.
I mean, completely expected, but sorta wish they'd waited the day before dropping that bit. And I guess this ride lasts another few months...

Kirigiri alive - yes

Chiaki alive - definitely not

Junko, just like, in general - no

Nagito mastermind - yes

Tengan's plan turns out to have not been totally nonsensical - believe it or not I'm saying yes. It has to be one big troll

Someone from 77-B other than Hajimezuru having a line - yes

Double, slow-mo "sore wa chigau yo" - don't know what this means

Hagakure and/or Byakuya do something useful again instead of vanishing thirty seconds into the episode now that the cliffhanger's been resolved - yes, after delivering Makoto they will split up

all the events thus far are wrapped up in a saitsfying, meaningful conclusion - MAYBE

We should keep score

BTA

• Kirigiri alive
  • Chiaki alive
  • Nagito mastermind

• yes
  • maybe indicating that she lives on in the AI in some way but otherwise no
  • def
  • no
  • maybe more details but no
  • Nagito probably but I wonder if they'll even show anyone else due to their bodies
  • maybe not slow-mo but that logo points to yes
  • yes but they will vanish after
  • upupupupu
    no

Kirigiri is totally alive. I lost hope about Chiaki :( the DR2 survivors will have at least one line each, and I bet all of the comatose ones will come back to life. There better a double "sore wa chigau zo" since Hajimeme is in the logo (and I hope he has some personality of Hajime remaining in him). I don't think anyone'll die :p Munakata, Asahina and Ryota will be alive by the end of this.
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/new-danganronpa-v3-japanese-limited-edition-detailed-screenshots

More info on that Nagito OVA:

Looks like
the article spoils Nagito will wake up.
omg I love and hate myself for reading this.
Some of DR's event CGs were pretty darn funky. A lot of them also looked more like filtered 3D models than 2D art.
I remember the one where Chiaki slaps Akane, and her head looks really weird compared to her body lol

So which would you guys rather have at this point.

A) A halfhearted, lazy wrap-up that closes out the story and provides the fans with the moments they want, but in the most uninspired, hackneyed way possible.

B) An ending a la Eva 25-26 where they try to deliver some emotional closure but completely leave-out the actual conclusion to the story.

NotLiquid

zvCw1LK.gif

Much to the surprise of no one, I guess this means he's not showing up in today's episode then.

I'm pretty sure he will show up since the OVA is described as 2.5 rather than 3 and is supposed to "explain" how he woke up. Pretty much expecting Nagito to show up as the big bad in this episode now.

sayonara, zetsubou gakuen

i mean i guess i could spend all day complaining about all the stuff they copped out on, but... in the end it was fun. so i guess that's the most i could've hoped for

Demoli

side: Hope

That was so so bad, so all of DR2 wakes up, they're all good, even Nagito who's fucked i the head and Mikan that was despair both before and after the brainwashing. They give Mitarai a talk no jutsu, and he turns it off.

Then they all go back to Jabberwock with Mitarai, Kirigiri is alive, they rebuild Hope's Peak and make Naegi the Headmaster.

This is fanfic level aweful. Not even a single Sore wa Chigau yo in sight either.

tl:dr: KodHacka, at least we got JuzoBoys and NAgito's gun from it.

Well... that was expected and fanservicey. And it doesn't make sense. But I had fun, so...?

Kyoko being alive must be the world's worst-kept secret, even one of the Blu-ray ads hinted at it lol

I still don't get the whole "a story you can only tell through anime" BS Kodaka came up with.

Maebe

This was the most cheesy garbage I ever seen. Zero consequences. Naegi was absolutely useless again. Hinata talked and Mitarai just cried and everyone becomes best friends sailing into the sunset, literally. I knew Kirigiri would be alive with the hints but didn't expect them to seriously write her out till the last minute of the show. Also happy to see Nagito and his fucking cool hand but even for being called "Hope Side" this is disgustingly safe.

This was the most cheesy garbage I ever seen. Zero consequences. Naegi was absolutely useless again. Hinata talked and Mitarai just cried and everyone becomes best friends sailing into the sunset, literally. I knew Kirigiri would be alive with the hints but didn't expect them to seriously write her out till the last minute of the show. Also happy to see Nagito and his fucking cool hand but even for being called "Hope Side" this is disgustingly safe.
I don't really mind it playing it safe, since from the start I was already pissed they were making an anime instead of a game, but they still royally fucked up Makoto and Kyoko's characters.

Like the whole time I was figuring the Kyoko fakeout would have something to do with a grand plan she was cooking up. Like it didnt make sense for her to just let herself die, didnt fit the character. SO if she knew she could survive and faked her death maybe she had some plan to stop the killing game. With Mitarai going nuts I was sure this was the case since I figured she expected it to happen and needed a way to break away from him. This waiting til the last minute was so pointless and anticlimactic

On the plus side, other than the bullshit explanation for the remnants of despair's despairification, this anime doesnt ruin any of my memories of the games.

The point of the episode is that Naegi's Hope was the reason the class 77 is alive and well. This is a payoff in that effort. Togami even says it out loud, for ham fisted writing.

Maebe

The point of the episode is that Naegi's Hope was the reason the class 77 is alive and well. This is a payoff in that effort. Togami even says it out loud, for ham fisted writing.

so despite not actually doing anything in the ending they can still make sure he gets his protag credit, not bad

so despite not actually doing anything in the ending they can still make sure he gets his protag credit, not bad

Yeah. Then Hajime and the class take the blame for this shit, effectively "proving" to the world that Makoto was wrong about rehabilitating them. :)))))
Kodaka didn't think this shit so I wouldn't bother thinking about it either.

Hope

What a dissapointing finale. Kodaka chose the most saccharine way to end the Hope's Peak saga, and as a result everything gets shafted.

First of all, he shouldn't have awakened all the DR2 students. It makes the ending pointless and makes the guys killed in DR1 look like poor bastards. And they are still using their designs from DR2 (except from Hiyoko, Nagito's hand, Fuyuhiko's eye and that weird heterochromia thing), canonically their entrance looks. At least 3 years have passed since then, and their Remnant designs show a difference from that timeframe - why are they so normal looking here? The fact that Kamukura simply faded while Hinata returned irked me the most, it was then when I lost all hope for a decent ending.

Now then, I thought Naruto was earlier today? A bitchslapping would have been better than that mess of a scene. I know Mitarai is a weak-willed individual, but that was too easy. It only exarcebates the stupidity of Tengan's plan.

And goddamn at the DR1 survivor plot armor. At least Kirigiri didn't die from the stupid reason that originated this killing game, but that was contrived. I know the medicine was shown, but two fakeouts in a same series were one too much. At least Chiaki didn't revive too.

Considering this, I hope Kodaka stays the away as much as possible from the current canon for V3. I had already made my peace with a contrived ending, but this was too much for my tastes.

What's wrong with that image? Hiyoko should always be uncomfortable and sad, so what's bad about it?

Look at her design. It's awfully out of model.

Amani

Hope Arc

Y'know what? If you can't have a sensible, well-written ending to your show, you may as well make it as hype as possible. Shit was dumb as fuck, but I loved it.

I fucking KNEW Nagito would fangirl over Makoto! They had to drag that boy away from him!

GSR

Hope

okay

That was pretty much pure fanservice, but to be honest I can live with that. I got a stupid grin at the Pebble Of Bullshit Luck and it stayed there for the next ten minutes.

The actual showdown with Mitarai was kind of an anticlimax, but oh well. Not sure what else they could have done.

I guess everyone just lets the shit that went down in the NWP be bygones, which I can kind of accept. I guess I'm just a little weirded out by Nagito's villainy being entirely erased to the point where he's mostly there to fawn over Naegi for a bit. Also sucks to be the DR1/DR3 side cast, shoulda been zetsubou'd if you wanted to live

Speaking of Naegi, lol. I'm actually fine with the DR2 cast getting the majority of the screen time, and the show literally spells out that even if Naegi didn't do anything today he was the reason they were there at all, but ultimately he ends the show as he started: kinda useless.

Kirigiri plot armor as strong as ever

Also no Junko, praise the lord

Better than I feared, but ultimately I don't have a ton to say. It's kind of like they just ticked off a list of things that had to get done before they would close the book on the saga.

Breads

Banned
Some of DR's event CGs were pretty darn funky. A lot of them also looked more like filtered 3D models than 2D art.

Isn't that exactly what it is? It's painfully obvious in many scenes where they are basically squashing/ stretching flat 2d images to slightly simulate movement in a 3d plane.

It's all a stylistic choice though. Odd that anyone who played the game would even point it out.

Isn't that exactly what it is? It's painfully obvious in many scenes where they are basically squashing/ stretching flat 2d images to slightly simulate movement in a 3d plane.

It's all a stylistic choice though. Odd that anyone who played the game would even point it out.

I'm talking about the characters in certain CG events, though. Some of them are 3D models while some others clearly aren't.

jrcbandit

Do I need to watch the end of Despair? That was utter crap so I gave up like 2 episodes ago. I guess I will finish the last 2 Future/hope episodes, but man this was such a humongous disappointment.

DR 3 Hope

plot-wise that was steaming garbage...I mean the scene where Naegi is sitting on a desk and Kirigiri is all like "they're waiting for you headmaster" was just fucking l o l but I would be lying if I said I wasn't smiling when the DR2 cast appeared. I guess I'm just glad it all ended up having a happy ending with fanservice up the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom