• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode was the first one that grabbed my attention and I'm finally at the point where I'm really excited for the Future Arc as well as Despair Arc.

Regarding the murder, the fake out with Asahina was cool, but it feels a bit cheap since none of the characters really addressed it at all. One thing that I noticed was that Great Gozu's death seems to be different than its portrayal in the opening, since he was strung up by the cables/rope in the episode, while the opening has him being wrapped and choked by chains instead.

The bit with Seiko taking the pills and transforming was very jarring for me. I could totally buy into that kind of thing with Despair Arc because of how crazy everything is there, but it was just completely off tone and out of place in Future Arc. I didn't really understand why she was chasing after Makoto's group either.

Kyosuke and not!Mondo continue to awful characters to my dismay. They lack depth and feel so one dimensional. None of Kyosuke's comments regarding Makoto's speech really make sense and come off as him trying to say something really deep, but just falling flat and sounding hypocritical. Juzo's inexplicable hatred for Makoto was bad enough on its own, but having him attack Kyoko is completely pointless because there's not really any motivation for him to kill Makoto's friends.

Gonna guess that was Byakuya shooting at Weedman in the chopper

Can't wait for him to burst into the scene and say

"I know who the killer is. Naegi, tell them."

GoldStarz

Kyosuke and not!Mondo continue to awful characters to my dismay. They lack depth and feel so one dimensional. None of Kyosuke's comments regarding Makoto's speech really make sense and come off as him trying to say something really deep, but just falling flat and sounding hypocritical. Juzo's inexplicable hatred for Makoto was bad enough on its own, but having him attack Kyoko is completely pointless because there's not really any motivation for him to kill Makoto's friends.

I can agree with you that Jyuzo is needlessly violent, but Munakata's comments are all true. The Second Killing Game was always safer than the outside world, that's always been the case and the series has acknowledged that, this is just the first time someone has outright said "Makoto, your experience was literally a hundred times better than the vast majority of people on the outside world."

P4 MC problem originates from the fact is that he had to kill to survive in the despair filled outside world where it had no rules while Makoto survived by playing by Junko rules which allowed his words to have some power.

P4 MC point is that Makoto would be powerless and most likely die if he was thrown in the outside world. Thus he sees his words as hollow since he doesnt have any power to back up them. Hence the line "Too bad this isnt a classroom trial".

Yu and boxer are cunts

jesus chirst what the fuck is their problem

The way I look at it...

Intense jealousy and refusal to acknowledge Naegi.

The Despair arc itself showed that he's an extremely confident and ambitious man, barely out of school and already establishing his own "faction" and boasting about his capability, exhibiting natural leadership and climbing up the ladder.

Even in Future arc, this hasn't changed. Chisa said that he is FF's hope, Boxer has deep faith and trust in Munakata, effectively saying his life and leadership is paramount. He himself doesn't say it, but it's kinda obvious that if DR1/2's hope-expy was Naegi (straight-lace hope), Izuru ( manufactured broken hope) and 3's equivalent is Munakata, in that he is not one, but he wants to be hope.

Naegi stands in-between his own beliefs and leadership, and because Naegi is 'special' (hero/hope who defeated Junko), he feels partially threatened.

I can agree with you that Jyuzo is needlessly violent, but Munakata's comments are all true. The Second Killing Game was always safer than the outside world, that's always been the case and the series has acknowledged that, this is just the first time someone has outright said "Makoto, your experience was literally a hundred times better than the vast majority of people on the outside world."
Yeah, I agree with that part at least. My issue was how he kept saying Makoto's words were hollow when they obviously weren't. Kyosuke is supposed to be the Future Foundation's hope, but his actions kind of just suggest the opposite.

Sigh. I actually think that
letting Aoi live is a cop-out. I mean, future arc has to kill DR1 character at some point to raise the stakes, and since Yasuhiro doesn't seem to be around, Aoi was a great candidate.
They still havent even killed a single DR2 character, just deleted one

GoldStarz

Yeah, I agree with that part at least. My issue was how he kept saying Makoto's words were hollow when they obviously weren't. Kyosuke is supposed to be the Future Foundation's hope, but his actions kind of just suggest the opposite.

He thinks they're hollow because Makoto himself hasn't faced despair on the level that the world at large has. He's relatively sheltered and because of this he doesn't have any real ground to say it. Munakata thinks it's a good speech, he just doesn't think Makoto doesn't have the right to say those words and thinks it's an empty sentiment because of the fact he was only in the Killing Game.

Puruzi

Banned
Makoto gets to say whatever the hell he wants because he and his group literally killed the chick that fucked up the planet.

Yu is a dick

I agree with Munakata. Makoto's words are empty and hollow. While Makoto spouts platitudes people still die.

Hopefully unlike this week's fakeout, Naegi gets the chop.

He thinks they're hollow because Makoto himself hasn't faced despair on the level that the world at large has. He's relatively sheltered and because of this he doesn't have any real ground to say it. Munakata thinks it's a good speech, he just doesn't think Makoto doesn't have the right to say those words and thinks it's an empty sentiment because of the fact he was only in the Killing Game.
Yeah okay, that makes sense. Either way, I hope Yu finally stops being such an ass soon lol

Permanently A

I agree with Munakata. Makoto's words are empty and hollow. While Makoto spouts platitudes people still die.

Hopefully unlike this week's fakeout, Naegi gets the chop.

He won't, but imagine how crazy it would be if he actually did.

Speaking of the fakeout, do tanned girls just have permanent immunity in the DR universe or what?

GoldStarz

Makoto gets to say whatever the hell he wants because he and his group literally killed the chick that fucked up the planet.

Yu is a dick

Tbf, they didn't kill her; she committed suicide on a lark because she's fucking mental.

She committed suicide because she knew she had a back up and that her death would make shit go fucking nuts in the outside world. DR1 was literally just a ploy to set up DR2.

Puruzi

Banned
She committed suicide because she knew she had a back up and that her death would make shit go fucking nuts in the outside world. DR1 was literally just a ploy to set up DR2.

Didn't they say things slowed down after Junko's death? Shit was still fucked but it was a little better. And even if DR1 was a setup for DR2 Makoto and Co. still helped keep Junko down by going into the Neo Word Program.

Yu Narukami and boxer bro are salty as fuck they were fighing a losing battle until some hope loving hippie beat Queen Despair at her own game, and they're also both crazy cause their waifu just died.

I do get where Yu's coming from though, in a place with strictly defined rules its easier to utilize Naegi's brand of "hope", in the real world you're gonna be forced to do fucked up shit you don't wanna do in order to survive. The answer isn't to go nuts and kill the guy and all his friends though, you work together, combine Naegi's ability to inspire everyone with Yu's leadership and you got something good. Instead he and boxer bro want to act like cunts.

Rich!

one thing I did notice...

5ytnrUjl.png

talking about the DR2 crew being forced into a killing game within the Neo World Program

u6UXsYll.png

...a confirmation that they are all alive and the "dead" not comatose as we assumed? Is this a set up for the return of one of them as the mastermind?

P4 MC point is that Makoto would be powerless and most likely die if he was thrown in the outside world. Thus he sees his words as hollow since he doesnt have any power to back up them. Hence the line "Too bad this isnt a classroom trial".
I do understand and somehow agree with what he is saying, but I still don't get why he is so convinced on killing Makoto (and for that matter why the other guy threw a chair at Kirigiri). That's not going to solve anything; I hope it's related to his forbidden action.

one thing I did notice...

5ytnrUjl.png

talking about the DR2 crew being forced into a killing game within the Neo World Program

u6UXsYll.png

...a confirmation that they are all alive and not comatose as we assumed?
this is honestly the main reason I would be mad if they kill off a returning DR1 character

Rich!

also, yasuhiro aint gonna die

his idiot armour protects him from a goddamn helicopter minigun and he manages to hang onto the side of a building after falling off.

GoldStarz

Didn't they say things slowed down after Junko's death? Shit was still fucked but it was a little better. And even if DR1 was a setup for DR2 Makoto and Co. still helped keep Junko down by going into the Neo Word Program.

No, DRAE says things got worse and that it wasn't until the rounded up the Remnants that things started slowing down. Also, they kinda needed to show up or else they wouldn't have had enough people to stop her in DR2, but even then they didn't have very high stakes until they entered which pretty much gave them one choice, the DR2 kids were the one with the real dilemma and they only beat Junko because Chiaki got through to Hajime.
I do understand and somehow agree with what he is saying, but I still don't get why he is so convinced on killing Makoto (and for that matter why the other guy threw a chair at Kirigiri). That's not going to solve anything; I hope it's related to his forbidden action.

They voted on who to die and the majority chose to lynch Makoto, he's just keeping the game going at this point.

His forbidden action is to not open door because he broke the window glass to enter the room where Makoto is.

I hope there is a good reason why he is so bent on killing Makoto. I will be disappointed if it is just jealousy which I suspect its boxer guy reason of him being an asshole. Also boxer guy NG code is not using his fists probably.

Puruzi

Banned
No, DRAE says things got worse and that it wasn't until the rounded up the Remnants that things started slowing down. Also, they kinda needed to show up or else they wouldn't have had enough people to stop her in DR2, but even then they didn't have very high stakes until they entered which pretty much gave them one choice, the DR2 kids were the one with the real dilemma and they only beat Junko because Chiaki got through to Hajime.

They voted on who to die and the majority chose to lynch Makoto, he's just keeping the game going at this point.

The first episode of this anime straight up says that after Junko died the battle reached a turning point. The despairs continued fucking shit up but one of the Future Foundation members says that there was less shit happening than when she was still alive in the first episode too.

GoldStarz

The first episode of this anime straight up says that after Junko died the battle reached a turning point. The despairs continued fucking shit up but one of the Future Foundation members says that there was less shit happening than when she was still alive in the first episode too.

That was in the present. After the 'main' Remnants were captured.

He got the most votes(5) not the majority. Most people didn't vote or voted for someone else(Kizakura).

And that's with the assumption Blacksmith, Confectioner, and Pharmacist were pointing at Makoto and not at each other, which is consistent with their characterization.

TWILT

Banned
Wow, that sure was a fakeout. Was wondering why I was reading some oddly relieved reactions this episode. :v

Also, Izuru laying flowers on the desk... :(

also also I'm kinda convinced that Kyosuke is Yu Narukami in disguise after the bad ending of Persona 4

Eumi

Oh wow fuck right off with the fakeout. Murder the original cast. Murder them harder than anyone else ever got murdered. Every episode that passes without their deaths is a travesty.

Despite that however this show's keeping up. Still wanna know why asshole Narukami wants Naegis head though. Honestly I kind of hope he either goes full despair or has a Hinata style transformation (presumably after Naegi bites it) into the ultimate hope.

Rich!

so uh this dude is fucking suspicious

4Ycv8COl.png

did no one else notice this? which girl?!

Kyoko - Nope, she's with Tengan and Mitarai.
Hina and Miaya - Nope.
Ruruka and Seiko - Kizakura just watched them chasing eachother, it's not them.

There's no one else, considering Chisa is dead. Could it be...one of the DR2 cast, which would tie into my post above showing that they are likely all alive? Monaca?

Or am I missing the point entirely and he is literally just referring to Seiko?

Just T

Despair Volume: 2

Meh, there were some interesting things here and there but still enjoying the Future Volume way more than this. Next episode might be a good one though.

Future Volume: 3

Whew, that was a surprise, good to see Asahina alright. Hopefully it stays that way, for Naegi and Kirigiri too. Man Sakakura and Munakata annoying. I get Munakata went through some shit too and Chisa demise probably isn't helping much either but that doesn't mean Naegi and co doesn't know *true despair* after all that crap they went through in DR1 cut him some slack. Running around trying to get rid of Naegi doesn't seem like it'll have some positive outcome yet here they are. Also Miaya is still suspicious.

Rich!

Despair Volume: 2

Meh, there were some interesting things here and there but still enjoying the Future Volume way more than this. Next episode might be a good one though.

of course it will be. dat ending scene:

7yYrJZCl.png

qCQbvdLl.png

Hyaw9Ptl.png

F0nHahpl.png

shit is about to get real. things will kick off next episode when sato kills natsumi and Mahiru covers for her.

h0tp0ck3t

so uh this dude is fucking suspicious

4Ycv8COl.png

did no one else notice this? which girl?!

Kyoko - Nope, she's with Tengan and Mitarai.
Hina and Miaya - Nope.
Ruruka and Seiko - Kizakura just watched them chasing eachother, it's not them.

There's no one else, considering Chisa is dead. Could it be...one of the DR2 cast, which would tie into my post above showing that they are likely all alive? Monaca?

Or am I missing the point entirely and he is literally just referring to Seiko?

I have a strong feeling Monaca will show up at some point in the story

Fandangox

also, yasuhiro aint gonna die

his idiot armour protects him from a goddamn helicopter minigun and he manages to hang onto the side of a building after falling off.

Yasuhiro is the only character I find amusing, so I feel he will end up dying anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom