• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

Wasnt she the ultimate little sister? I wonder why she's in the reserve course

I think that was more of a kind of joke by monkuma. I mean, ultimate little sister would be pushing it even by hopes peak standards.

Plus she's fucking rich so she probably just thought she'd go the same place as her brother.

DNAbro

so uh this dude is fucking suspicious

4Ycv8COl.png

did no one else notice this? which girl?!

Kyoko - Nope, she's with Tengan and Mitarai.
Hina and Miaya - Nope.
Ruruka and Seiko - Kizakura just watched them chasing eachother, it's not them.

There's no one else, considering Chisa is dead. Could it be...one of the DR2 cast, which would tie into my post above showing that they are likely all alive? Monaca?

Or am I missing the point entirely and he is literally just referring to Seiko?

I don't see why it couldn't be Kyoko, Hina, or Miaya. If it's none of them, then he is probably talking about a 16th participant

GoldStarz

How they in the same class then

The rules of getting into HPA is that you have to be a high school student. In other words, Fuyuhiko could've been a second or even a third year student when he got scouted, as long as his sister is a high school student and her parents pay the fees, she's probably more than welcome to get into HPA's Reserve Course

MSMrRound

I imagine Naegi fighting P4 protag off by shooting off a huge HOPE bullet from his mouth.

Sore wa chigau yo!

Munakata is clearly working through some stuff.

Juzo is just arguably the worst character in the series (not counting light novels).

Eh, I dunno. He's pretty shitty, but I didn't really like the lolicon "supposed-leader" of the good side faction guy from Ultra Despair Girls either.

Eumi

Monaca has to appear again right? She gotta be up to something again , maybe she's even the Game Master this time around?
I hope not. I want the game master to be a twist.

Like reveal Mukuro was never killed or something. But like, a better twist than that because that's stupid.

FluxWaveZ

Eh. That Asahina fake-out was completely unearned and unwarranted, especially since it was completely glossed over in this episode. Pretty disappointing. I don't need a DR1 character getting killed off, but don't kid around with it in such a cheap way just for the sake of provoking short-term reactions.

Also wasn't into that crazy lady's transformation. Feels very out of place in the (real) world of Danganronpa as we know it thus far. There was a similar scene in DR3: Despair, but it works a bit better there because it's just for the sake of comedy. Hopefully this wouldn't have any actual repercussions and it was just done for effect.

Eumi

Didn't Teruteru mentioned that he got it from the Ultimate Pharmacist, which is her? Perhaps she's overdosing on those doping pills as well.
Teruteru escaped the island and is behind it all. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Joking aside, I think that makes the scene a bit better honestly. It's a bit weird because of the tonal shift between the shows but they set up one thing in one show and it's paid off in the other. Hopefully that'll continue.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
On one hand, I'm liking the tie-ins between both series.

On the other hand, I can't remember all of these Japanese names. And they just killed off Great Gozu which was the easiest name!

Puruzi

Banned
Why are people saying that the medical chick hulking out is weird for future? Are we forgetting the first scene of the anime with the sword wind blasts or how gozu can literally elbow the ground and make it explode

FluxWaveZ

Why are people saying that the medical chick hulking out is weird for future? Are we forgetting the first scene of the anime with the sword wind blasts or how gozu can literally elbow the ground and make it explode

It's the difference between bombastic realism and the supernatural. Danganronpa as a series has always threaded that needle without going too far into the realm of the latter. If you are okay with things like the hulking transformation using a potion, then that opens the doors for things like an "Ultimate Psychic" who can use telekinesis.

Burbeting

Banned
Theory time:

They showed that both the room where Great Gozu was killed and the room where Makoto made his speech had a hole in the ceiling. Maybe the attacker travels through the ventilation system/these holes in the ceiling to get into rooms that have been blocked off, and kill someone, like how Gozu was killed.

Miaya's lie is hopefully a red herring.

I wasn't happy at all that Asahina was kept alive. It just felt like a cheap trick, something that DR doesn't usually do, so it felt even more cheap here. Munakata also just feels like an asshole just for the sake of making a rival character for Makoto.

Nohar

So, let's see:

• Makoto Naegi [FA: Running in the hallways]: it is important to keep in mind that his FA only triggers if he runs in hallways. At the moment, he isn't in one. I don't expect him to die so soon.
  • Kyouko Kirigiri [FA: Unknown]: She is suspicious of Kazuo Tengan (aka Grandpa). Doesn't mean that she is right, but that guy seems a little too calm and collected. I am very curious to see what he will actually do in side Despair.
  • Aoi Asahina [FA: Can't be punched or kicked]: Aside from that troll scene, she is fine for now, but considering Juuzou Sakakura (Ultimate Boxer/Douchebag) is out for her blood, things are looking grim.
  • Yasuhiro Hagakure [FA: None]: aka Actual Ultimate Luck. Still, he is completly useless for now.
  • Kazuo Tengan [FA: Unknown]: Shady as fuck. His nice persona is probably an act.
  • Yu Narukami [FA: Very probably "Can't open doors"]: Dude got a point. Still, he is kind of a douche. He seriously needs to have a little chat with his Shadow and have a proper freakout. Therapy session is in order.
  • Kouichi Kizakura [FA: Unknown]: Quite shady. I am very curious to see how this character will develop.
  • Seiko Kimura [FA: Unknown]: Winners don't do drugs! Must be russian... Too soon?
  • Chisa Yukizome [FA: Irrelevant]: DEAD. Still my favorite character of the Despair side.
  • Juuzou Sakakura [FA: I really wish he dies because of it]: Ultimate Jerk. Managed to allied pretty much everyone against him. And this is not a "Love to Hate" situation: this is a downright "Insufferable" character. Joffrey is still number 1 in my heart.
  • Miaya Gekkougahara [FA: Claims to be "Can't turn right" ; Probably actually is "Can't be touched"]: Yup, she is cute, but no one is buying it. May or may not be Monaka (though that would be a little too easy). At the very least she isn't to be trusted, as she is obviously distrustful of others.
  • Ruruka Andou [FA: Unknown]: Annoying and uninteresting.
  • Sounosuke Izayoi [FA: Unknown]: Annoying and uninteresting.
  • Ryouta Mitarai [FA: Unknown]: Now, that guy is suspicious. The imposter is impersonating him in side Despair... But something is off. First: where is he in side Despair? He is nowhere to be seen. He seems to be a little "too" nice. What if the imposter is actually him, and he is the imposter?... Yeah, I am reading too much into this one.
  • Daisaku Bandai [FA: Witness violence]: We hardly knew you.
  • The Great Gozu [FA: Unknown]: R.I.P.

Even if Yu Narukami has a point once you start to try and murder people who disagree with you that point kind of flies out the window. They're both right and both wrong. Also how the chick doping out super natural? Plenty of people under the influence of drugs do crazy crap. PCP for example gives you a crazy adrenaline boost. Its probably something like that but just exaggerated for effect because its an anime and it wouldn't be the first time something was exaggerated for effect in the series.

The Hina fake out was kinda crap tbh. I love her and I'm glad she's alive, but saving her "corpse" reveal for the beginning of this episode, or also revealing Gozu at the tail end of last week would've been better. It just feels like an unnecessary attempt to jerk our chains and get a quick reaction. I get that it tells us about the traitor and someone will probably argue that her appearance in the opening was foreshadowing, but that wait just felt unnecessary.

Kyosuke is an asswipe. Does he have some salient points? Sure, but his approach to almost everything is just shit. Makoto may speak in platitudes, but I'll take that over hair trigger jerks any day.

so uh this dude is fucking suspicious
I'm not sure why it couldn't be Hina, Kyoko or Miaya. In fact, it being either of the latter 2 would make sense to me. But yeah, if it could be someone else.

Wasnt she the ultimate little sister? I wonder why she's in the reserve course

Fuyuhiko said that in a free time event, but even that seemed like a stretch for HPA. I think more than likely it was his own term of affection for her. I suppose she could get an upgrade in the next episode, but I doubt it.

My guess:

1. There are going to be two killers - the traitor, and Juuzo, with Juuzo's reasoning being that his forbidden action is not killing at least one person per cycle. Thus, he was the one who killed Bandai (though unintentionally), and thus why he tried to kill Kyoko.

2. Great Gozu's forbidden action... at one point I was thinking that it was to protect Makoto, mainly because he's the only one who didn't know him personally who truly defended him, but now that he's dead, I'm not sure.

3. Makoto is dead

1. There are going to be two killers - the traitor, and Juuzo, with Juuzo's reasoning being that his forbidden action is not killing at least one person per cycle. Thus, he was the one who killed Bandai (though unintentionally), and thus why he tried to kill Kyoko.

I think his NG Code is that he can't punch anything. It's a bit odd that the Ultimate Boxer's attacks post game start are: using a knife, kneeing someone and throwing a chair (although I can kinda get throwing something).

I think his NG Code is that he can't punch anything. It's a bit odd that the Ultimate Boxer's attacks post game start are: using a knife, kneeing someone and throwing a chair (although I can kinda get throwing something).

That's a good point too, and a lot less stretchier than my guess. I had forgotten that his initial attack was a knee rather than a punch.

pbayne

Future 3

Lol Wheelchair girl is
Derek Zoolander "I can't turn left".

Episode did a good job kicking down the happytime fun exploits of the Despair side last week.

Overall though:

1. I was fine with the Pharmacist doping up, both because it was neat and because it was set up in Despair arc.

2. I was kind of annoyed by Asahina's survival, but overall it's a gain because I was more annoyed that they killed her. Copout, but it was a copout to my benefit. :p

3. HOWEVER - it's slightly a net loss because of Great Gozu's death. Sad ;(

4. I'm definitely curious what's up with the helicopter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's Haiji.

Eumi

I just realised that whole episode had zero monokuma. Considering how little he's really been in this, I wonder if that says something about the mastermind. Junko could control him remotely at all times because she was hidden away, and in 2 he was an AI. I wonder if this monokuma is more of a pre-recorded deal, which would imply that for once the game master may actually just straight up be a participant. Plus, judging from monokumas speech, they'd be someone other than the killer.

Judging from that, I wonder if it'll be Chisa. She is teaching a class that becomes corrupted by Junko. Who's to say she wasn't also. Whether that would mean her death was a fake or not however I have no idea.

So wheelchair girl didn't actually show her no action rule and only said Makoto was right after guessing due to her obviously strange behavior....
Very interesting.

I just realised that whole episode had zero monokuma. Considering how little he's really been in this, I wonder if that says something about the mastermind. Junko could control him remotely at all times because she was hidden away, and in 2 he was an AI. I wonder if this monokuma is more of a pre-recorded deal, which would imply that for once the game master may actually just straight up be a participant. Plus, judging from monokumas speech, they'd be someone other than the killer.

Judging from that, I wonder if it'll be Chisa. She is teaching a class that becomes corrupted by Junko. Who's to say she wasn't also. Whether that would mean her death was a fake or not however I have no idea.

If it's pre-recorded, that means that Miaya = Monokuma.

Regarding Seiko's transformation, I was fine with it, but I get being weirded out by it. Her doping up for more power/muscles/speed felt in line with her ability as we've seen it thus far, but I'll admit that I wasn't exactly expecting her to transform into a wildebeest with steel teeth either.

Oh, and Miaya was totally lying about her NG Code, but I figured that went without saying.

boooo baaaaaaaaad start. bad kodaka. that was cheap. a thousand asahinas for great gozu back
even if he was clearly a goner

on the plus side i definitely feel like future side is picking up, at least. really enjoying munakata and naegi's interactions thus far even if the former could really use to mellow out some (though i understand he's like that to maintain a sense of imminent danger). i'm guessing deaths are really gonna be slowing down from here on because the expendable cast is already thinning quite a bit.

boooo baaaaaaaaad start. bad kodaka. that was cheap. a thousand asahinas for great gozu back

on the plus side i definitely feel like future side is picking up, at least. really enjoying munakata and naegi's interactions thus far even if the former could really use to mellow out some (though i understand he's like that to maintain a sense of imminent danger). i'm guessing deaths are really gonna be slowing down from here on because the expendable cast is already thinning quite a bit.

Hmm... I think these characters are still at risk:

Seiko Kimura
Ruruka Ando -OR- Sonosuke Izayoi (possibly both, definitely one)
Kazuo Tengan
Makoto Naegi (I definitely do not think it's out of the question; it would be quite the fuckery if they killed off the main character only three episodes in, and made Asahina/Kyoko the star)
Koichi Kizakura
Juzo Sakakura

And if Makoto is killed by Munakata, Munakata can go on this list as well.

kewlmyc

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't trust wheelchair girl whatsoever. I won't believe "I can't turn right" until we actually see her bracelet.

Even if Yu Narukami has a point once you start to try and murder people who disagree with you that point kind of flies out the window. They're both right and both wrong. Also how the chick doping out super natural? Plenty of people under the influence of drugs do crazy crap. PCP for example gives you a crazy adrenaline boost. Its probably something like that but just exaggerated for effect because its an anime and it wouldn't be the first time something was exaggerated for effect in the series.
She's the same chick that did the doping drug teru used in the despair arc ep 2.
Danganronpa has plenty of exagerated effect across each game wit stylish and comedic purposes , but never when it's a key point to the plot ..

So i wouldn't think she's the traitor , she's got way too much on her plate.

Blacksmith guys forbidden action is eating candy isn't it?

That's so obvious ..... that it may be not true.
At this point i'm doubting everything that isn't validated by kigiri

--------------------------
So right now , i'm going to eat donuts tonight , it's the right thing to do after that cop-out ..

Ps: how the hell are you still alive ? That helicopter better be on AI or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom