• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

t3_4u5979

So far I'm enjoying both sides greatly. Future has really gotten me excited since they killed Asahina lol My only problem so far is the amount of fanservice in Despair. Wish they tone it down a little.
She's Class Rep, but yeah that's generally how that works. Basically Chiaki represent Class 77-B's interests in the student council and then reports news and such back to Class 77-B after meetings.
Oh that sounds pretty cool! Wish my school had that. Aaaaand now I realize why everyone's so certain about Chiaki. x(
I hope Hagakure doesn't die. That would be just kind of disappointing. I would have been fine if Asahina survived for him to die, but not both of them. I'd honestly sooner have any other character from the original cast die than him, Toko aside.
Oh yeah. Hagakure appears in the intro but so far we have only seen him outside the building in the first episode, right? So is he participating in the death game or am I missing something?
If that's the case, then I definitely misread that exchange.

Honestly this is the first time I've ever heard it explained that way, so it's news to me.
Yeah I didn't see it that way before. I think that's one of the reasons why the DR community is great, so many different points of view and explanations. I remember reading a comment which said that Mikan actually trips to embarassing poses in purpose just to gain attention.

Rich!

Oh yeah. Hagakure appears in the intro but so far we have only seen him outside the building in the first episode, right? So is he participating in the death game or am I missing something?

he's not a participant. he's the only one in the intro without a monokuma bracelet, instead only wearing the bangle he always wears:

he's the man on the outside...I think he'll go and get help from SPOILER
byakuya, who was leaked as featuring in DR3

FluxWaveZ

Why would he need to do that if the thing is being broadcast to the entire world? He hasn't even been seen once since the attack on the building. There could have been a time skip and Hagakure isn't there at all anymore.

Rich!

Why would he need to do that if the thing is being broadcast to the entire world? He hasn't even been seen once since the attack on the building. There could have been a time skip and Hagakure isn't there at all anymore.

who knoooooooooooooooows

just trying to make sense of it, he's a bit of a nonsensical cunt

I think the fanservice in Despair is fine given how light-hearted it's been. I still think the rape joke was too far though, although a lot of it was because it simply wasn't funny or clever.

Mendrox

he's not a participant. he's the only one in the intro without a monokuma bracelet, instead only wearing the bangle he always wears:

That spoiler could also have been for the Despair Arc.

UberTag

That spoiler could also have been for the Despair Arc.
The logic behind it not being a spoiler for the Despair arc is the uniform the sprite was wearing. It's not one that
Byakuya would have worn prior to his killing game in DR1 hence it could not be for a Despair arc appearance that would inspire the Impostor's future adoption of his identity, for instance.
Hence, it's presumably for Future arc.

Rich!

The logic behind it not being a spoiler for the Despair arc is the uniform the sprite was wearing. It's not one that
Byakuya would have worn prior to his killing game in DR1 hence it could not be for a Despair arc appearance that would inspire the Impostor's future adoption of his identity, for instance.
Hence, it's presumably for Future arc.

yep.

Rich!

It looks like it could be Chisa based off of the image posted with all of the sprites a few pages back.

makes sense. I was thinking maybe Junko

also, just to clarify the evidence that SPOILER
byakuya
SPOILER is in the future arc: He is clearly in the future side of characters which starts with hagakure: http://i.imgur.com/G2QUOUu.jpg

the characters run from left to right, right to left, left to right, and so on from top to bottom. The despair arc cast stop with Izuru and Chiaki. Everyone from that point on is the future side. Also, the aforementioned uniform is a future foundation one and not the one from any previous sprites.

yami4ct

Side Future is ramping up well. It still needs a bit more momentum, but I like the changes to the killing game and the shock value of killing Hina was really well executed. Look froward to seeing where this goes, but it's a good setup for the sendoff so far.

Side Despair continues the trend of last week. Some promise ruined by some really bad fan service jokes. Seriously. The 'everyone is horny' scene was absolutely awful and totally misguided. Made me want to turn off the whole thing. It does enough well to not fall into complete garbage territory, the humor occasionally hits when it's not gross and the Chiaki and Hajime stories are interesting, but the show really needs to get its ass in gear. It needs to go full on DR2 dark to even hope to salvage what it has.

Rich!

my crappy effort of 5 minutes in photoshop, uploaded as a design to spreadshirt

awQOD3w.png

hm. they don't have small available though - all my shirts are XS size, a medium would be massive on me

That's slightly better but still not great. Hate gaming shirts that use official game art rather than a design made to look good on a shirt. This could be fine without the back and Danganronpa 3 on it.

haha, that defeats the entire purpose of it being a danganronpa related clothing item and reduces it to a generic design.

Puruzi

Banned
That's slightly better but still not great. Hate gaming shirts that use official game art rather than a design made to look good on a shirt. This could be fine without the back and Danganronpa 3 on it.
Then it wouldn't be a Danganronpa shirt.

awQOD3w.png

hm. they don't have small available though - all my shirts are XS size, a medium would be massive on me

haha, that defeats the entire purpose of it being a danganronpa related clothing item and reduces it to a generic design.

I'd wear it.

DNAbro

awQOD3w.png

It still wouldn't be that great. (Your design looks better)

I would be fine with something like this
CGD2-66485.jpg

Doesn't scream "advertisement" which I guess is my main problem with most gaming shirts. I like a little subtlety most of the time than plastering a logo or character art.

Rich!

Oh yeah, I dislike blatant logos on shirts too. If someone recognises a shirt I wear, its because they know where the design is from - not because it's written on it.

I have a few gaming shirts, but I'm happy to wear them out and about because they're ....well, they aren't gaming shirts as such - well, not to an obvious extent. Unlike the horrible CALL OF DUTY BRO shirts I see around

FluxWaveZ

Hina's been gorging on heaven donuts for close to a week now.
I suspect Makoto's going to be pretty broken up about it, too.

The Ultimate Hope? He'll be bummed out for a few minutes, thinking back to his time with her before, and then power through for the sake of everyone still alive.

Permanently A

For someone whose favorite character is Junko...

I guess my perspective of actively looking forward to the downfall is a minority one. Then again, I'm the type to really enjoy the Genocide route in Undertale.

You're definitely in the minority there. Genocide route is different because its
something that could have happened but doesn't have to be that way
whereas SDR2's cast getting totally fucked up is set in stone.

FluxWaveZ

You're definitely in the minority there. Genocide route is different because its
something that could have happened but doesn't have to be that way
whereas SDR2's cast getting totally fucked up is set in stone.

That macro perspective doesn't really concern me; my enjoyment is derived from the experiences in isolation. I don't think I'd be a big fan of a series based around characters killing each other in dire circumstances if I didn't look forward to the aforementioned.

Jigorath

Banned

I guess my perspective of actively looking forward to the downfall is a minority one. Then again, I'm the type to really enjoy the Genocide route in Undertale.

I can't wait to watch this fluffy slice of life anime turn into, well, Danganronpa.

I'm also really looking forward to watching the Despairs wreck those Future Foundations clowns.

Permanently A

That macro perspective doesn't really concern me; my enjoyment is derived from the experiences in isolation. I don't think I'd be a big fan of a series based around characters killing each other in dire circumstances if I didn't look forward to the aforementioned.

I totally get what you mean, for me its a bit different. Like it makes me sad to see characters I like die, but the games usually end on a positive outlook and tone for the survivors.

With Despair arc its like playing the games except there is no hopeful ending. That's what really crushes me. Like even Future arc with its killing game isn't as terrifying because you know Makoto will eventually win somehow. But here... everyone is doomed. No way out.

FluxWaveZ

I totally get what you mean, for me its a bit different. Like it makes me sad to see characters I like die, but the games usually end on a positive outlook and tone for the survivors.

With Despair arc its like playing the games except there is no hopeful ending. That's what really crushes me. Like even Future arc with its killing game isn't as terrifying because you know Makoto will eventually win somehow. But here... everyone is doomed. No way out.

I see, pleasure derived from the catharsis when the characters have overcome their ordeals. I get that. That is interesting in Danganronpa's case as well, though, since even after all of the trials the characters go through, the endings usually end up being somewhat bittersweet. Those still alive at least approach it with their heads held high.

Puruzi

Banned

Well yeah, Juno's the best character but I like Chiaki

Hajime killing Chiaki is fucked

i'm going to like it and hate it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom