• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxer confirmed amazing, probably my favorite new character so far

I also like the continued detail that Yukizome was more or less the leash that could keep Munakata and Juzo in line. I think this makes it more likely that she was killed because of that alone and that there aren't any other shenanigans with her death. This being DR of course I could be embarrassingly wrong.

PK Gaming

Despair 3

I had a lot of problems with this episode, but it was still the best one since it was actually about something. The heavy focus on Hajime ended up working out really well since he's definitely one of the more compelling characters in the franchise. I also liked Fuyuhiko's sister as a character; she left a good impression despite her relatively short lived on screen appearance, and it's a shame they didn't more with her. On the other hand, the pacing was swift... Far too quick. They definitely could have spent more time developing these characters. It also sucks that (with the exception of Mahiru) the key players in the Twilight Murder syndrome case were barely relevant. Mahiru's characterization was waaay off in general (she's not really the type of person to take shit from anyone).

Still, it was an enjoyable episode and definitely my current favorite. Wish they spent more time with the reserve students in general tbh. Hopefully we get the fallout of what happened with Fuyuhiko in the next episode.

Jesus Christ fuck Jyuzo. His logic is so stupid.

I want to know why everyone keeps insisting that everything depends on Kyosuke because there still hasn't been an actual narrative reason for that.

Rich!

fantastic episode

really glad they skirted around the particulars of the sato/kuzuryu murders - we've already gone through them in detail before - and they made the wise decision to expand on it and show us how others, especially hinata reacted. And I felt sympathetic towards Natsumi...which I didn't in DR2.

Juzo is a fucking dick

And that final scene....well, it's agony and pain from here on out. its izuru time. I wonder how Junko will get involved.

AND ALSO

In the opening scene, there was a bit of distortion that wasn't there in episodes 1 and 2. I suspect it'll continue and the intro will get more warped as the series goes on.

UberTag

All the chiaki and hajime scenes are legitimately torture
On the bright side this week may have been the last of them. So yay... no more torture! He won't be Hajime any more!

really glad they skirted around the particulars of the sato/kuzuryu murders - we've already gone through them in detail before - and they made the wise decision to expand on it and show us how others, especially hinata reacted. And I felt sympathetic towards Natsumi...which I didn't in DR2.
I was surprised by how little actual bullying there was on Natsumi's part. I mean, she was antagonistic and threatened death to Sato but Mahiru was barely accosted by her at all here. Whereas they made Sato out to be some delusional and obsessive nutcase who invented most of Natsumi's oppression in her head.

Nohar

The feels... This is the last time ever we will see Hajime and Chiaki happy together.

Also, Ultimate High School Jerkass is still true to his unofficial title. They wanted us to hate this character, they pretty damn well succeeded.

Rich!

The feels... This is the last time ever we will see Hajime and Chiaki happy together.

Also, Ultimate High School Jerkass is still true to his unofficial title. They wanted us to hate this character, they pretty damn well succeeded.

he tried to hit kyoko with a chair

KYOKO

with a

CHAIR

IN THE FACE

there's only one thing I'd hit kyoko in the face with, and it wouldn't be a chair

Permanently A

On the bright side this week may have been the last of them. So yay... no more torture! He won't be Hajime any more!

Oh... this is the last time we'll ever see Chiaki and Hajime spending time together.

Okay.

I'm alright.

6ChC9Mk.jpg

I forget, was it ever confirmed that Kuzuryu killed Sato? From his interactions with Peko here (did anyone notice the lampshading of her killing in case 2) and her dismay at her killing Mahiru, I don't know if he has the stomach for it, though killing his sisters murderer is a different matter than some bystander.

I guess the big mystery now is whone is the big bad behind the Izuru experiment itself. I don't think it's Kirigiri, and while I bet DR0 dude will be involved I doubt he'did be in charge. Smart money still on Tengan?

Holy crap it was weird when the music from the game kicked in for the first time. It's like the exact same audio from the PSP/Vita version so it sounds real out of place. The other times game music was used it sounded fine though. What was up with that?

Good to see Boxer was always a massive cunt. Guess that won't change.

DNAbro

I forget, was it ever confirmed that Kuzuryu killed Sato? From his interactions with Peko here (did anyone notice the lampshading of her killing in case 2) and her dismay at her killing Mahiru, I don't know if he has the stomach for it, though killing his sisters murderer is a different matter than some bystander.

I guess the big mystery now is whone is the big bad behind the Izuru experiment itself. I don't think it's Kirigiri, and while I bet DR0 dude will be involved I doubt he'did be in charge. Smart money still on Tengan?

I think they may cover who killed her in the next episode if they go over the class's reaction to it. I don't think Tengan is behind it cause he actively encouraged Hajime to be happy with his normalcy.

Juzo: Get outta here, normie.
Hinata: Hey, there's more to life than talent!
Juzo: You're right. The normies can bow to the talent as they should.
Hinata: Man, I guess that means I should ignore all of the advice I've been getting and become talented like Juzo.

Hinata's a goober is what I'm saying

Also I liked that they flew through Natsumi and Sato's deaths because, unless I've understood the timeline completely wrong, there's still a lot of ground to cover before we get to end of this downward spiral. Or I guess they could cut off the season before then, I dunno.

I think they may cover who killed her in the next episode if they go over the class's reaction to it. I don't think Tengan is behind it cause he actively encouraged Hajime to be happy with his normalcy.

Jake Chapman on ANN in his review actually touched on that; he encourages him, but in this really loaded, back-handed way. Playing up his 'normallacy' is only going to make him more insecure.
*walks in*
*reads thread*
*walks out*

what is nuance?
what is tone?
what is paying attention?

You talking about how Juzo was to an extent playing a role? Yeah, I dunno how people aren't picking up on that.

Permanently A

You talking about how Juno was to an extent playing a role? Yeah, I dunno how people aren't picking up on that.

...Junko was the the episode? wuuut

edit: oh, Juzo. Yeah he was playing a role, but he was being way too overboard about it. Spitting on someone to protect them? yeah alright

Luigi87

Man, fuck Juzo.
... What gets me is he was actually trying to help keep Hajime safe, but by doing it in his narrow ass view he's gone and become the catalyst for Hajime becoming Izuru.

Also damn at the tonal shift this episode took compared to the first two eps (IE: No sprites with the speedy DANGANRONPA eye catches). I do like that they didn't dwell too much on the Twilight Syndrome storyline.

A really good episode. It was nice to have a full episode dedicated to Hajime.

pbayne

Despair 3

Old man continues to be pretty shady. With the experiment he's basically like "oh well, i guess why not"-only really puts up a token resistance to it.

Lol are we done with happiness from now on? Despair train all abroad.

T-Rex.

Banned
Despair #3
Poor Hajime getting roasted by nearly everyone. The more they show of him the sorrier I feel for him, and to cap it off he'll probably kill Chiaki. Full despair ahead.

T-Rex.

Banned
I mean... not really? Most people he interacts with seem pretty supportive, actually.
Inadvertently, I mean. Being told there's nothing wrong with having no talent and all that jazz didn't really change his outlook that much, they're saying it to be supportive yeah but being reminded of it isn't that great for him. With the exception of his scenes with Chiaki, he's pretty much miserable non-stop.

Permanently A

Inadvertently, I mean. Being told there's nothing wrong with having no talent and all that jazz didn't really change his outlook that much, they're saying it to be supportive yeah but being reminded of it isn't that great for him. With the exception of his scenes with Chiaki, he's pretty much miserable non-stop.

Yeah, its like being depressed and someone telling you "just cheer up!"

Oh thanks, that totally solved the problem. I'm happy now.

Juzo gonna get his redemption arc, ya'll gonna love him by the end of the show.

Already there. In my opinion the best characters are the jerks that help push the plot forward in the open like Byakuya and Nagito. They're not my favorites necessarily but I do think they're the best.

Style

Banned
Juzo indirectly made Hajima become Izuru. A single Ultimate Boxer caused the end of mankind. Life is simply unfair. They should change his name to Ultimate Indirect Murderer seeing as he also caused Daisaku's demise in the Future arc.

I like how Juzo is currently appearing in all Danganronpa 3 related media just messing stuff up with his negative persona. Killer Killer spoiler:
He also appeared in the latest chapter trying to kill the protagonist.

TWILT

Banned
Don't know how I feel about the Twilight Syndrome stuff all in one episode (pacing seemed to go by awfully quick), but otherwise, that was a decent episode. That ending though...man, Izuru already. Well, time to see how this goes next week...

Thud

Juzo indirectly made Hajima become Izuru. A single Ultimate Boxer caused the end of mankind. Life is simply unfair. They should change his name to Ultimate Indirect Murderer seeing as he also caused Daisaku's demise in the Future arc.

I like how Juzo is currently appearing in all Danganronpa 3 related media just messing stuff up with his negative persona. Killer Killer spoiler:
He also appeared in the latest chapter trying to kill the protagonist.

Snails can box now.

Life is simply unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom