• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

b̟̲͚͙̩͠eg̡̪̲͉̳i͓͓͍̮n̞̫̬͕̹̩n̟̜̱͖̟ͅͅi̶n̹̮̤̤͎ǵ̤̥̙͙ ̨̳̦̺̤̘͇͚o̥͈͉͍͔f̺̺ ̬t͙̫̱̠̝h̤̗̻̝̳e͍ ̷̺̤̦̪̪t̶̺wi̳̙̼̪̼͔ḷ̘̱̣̜̜i͏g̝̞̙̝h̜̙̼̯̦̟̯ţ̱̹̗

GoldStarz

Nice. Now to wait for the full ED. I wish Future's OP and ED were nearly as good as Despair's. I guess DR2 comes out on top again.
Full ED is out, too, I just can't find a source that isn't a dL link.

Teruteru referenced Taylor Swift in the last episode. Or the first, I forget which.

He also mentioned Paris Hilton in the English version, but I do believe that something similar was in the Japanese
It was Avril Lavigne, unless you're talking about something else lmao.

Avril Lavigne is actually Big in Japan.

For the One Piece movie "Strong World" the mangaka got her to do an original song because he's a huge fan.

Kind of like how the movie Stand By Me is super huge in Japan despite no one in America remembering it at all. The main song is always super popular in Karaoke and they named a Doreamon movie after it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It was Avril Lavigne, unless you're talking about something else lmao.

Maybe both?

JP could have used Avril, then English could have used Paris because she was relevant at the time.

EDIT: So, I found video and he does reference both.

Paris Hilton is said during the face off.

DNAbro

Avril Lavigne is actually Big in Japan.

For the One Piece movie "Strong World" the mangaka got her to do an original song because he's a huge fan.

Kind of like how the movie Stand By Me is super huge in Japan despite no one in America remembering it at all. The main song is always super popular in Karaoke and they named a Doreamon movie after it.

What? I've never heard of no one knowing about Stand By Me. I've never seen it but I know about it.

Also I'm pretty sure they used both Avril and Paris in Teruteru's lines. I think though one was only in his PTA.

Maybe both?

JP could have used Avril, then English could have used Paris because she was relevant at the time.

It was Avril Lavigne in the English version.
kwoxDLU.jpg

Watch it be something really stupid like she ate a bad piece of Takoyaki.

My instinct is that her path to despair would have been her solitude but that's already been addressed. So either she falls apart because the group starts to fall apart or she dies terrified in the student council massacre but had been having a pretty decent month building up to it. Basically I'm thinking she's going to be passive during the incident rather than feel pushed by Junko's influence to kill.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer that scenario to watching her crack, though. Both have a lot of dramatic potential to them.

kewlmyc

Why are almost all these new future arc characters assholes. How did they not fall to Despair, they embody it already.

Nearly everyone they know and love are dead due to the Rements of Despair, and the only thing stopping them from getting revenge is some kid going on and on about hope. I don't blame some of them for being on edge.

Juzo needs to calm the fuck down though.

UberTag

My instinct is that her path to despair would have been her solitude but that's already been addressed. So either she falls apart because the group starts to fall apart or she dies terrified in the student council massacre but had been having a pretty decent month building up to it. Basically I'm thinking she's going to be passive during the incident rather than feel pushed by Junko's influence to kill.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer that scenario to watching her crack, though. Both have a lot of dramatic potential to them.
What if Junko steals Chiaki's entire video game collection and then offers to give Chiaki "fixes" like a drug dealer in exchange for corrupting her innocence and turning her to despair?

Ponn

Banned
Nearly everyone they know and love are dead due to the Rements of Despair, and the only thing stopping them from getting revenge is some kid going on and on about hope. I don't blame some of them for being on edge.

Juzo needs to calm the fuck down though.

It's not just that though, the one girl is all like 'Betray them! Betray, BETRAY but not me!", one is doing spider-man level mental gymnastics to excuse killing everyone he wants to, they are violent as fuck and are going after each other at the drop of a dime. These are actual personality traits that I have a problem with. This is way different then the games, this is like dropping in the middle of some bloodthirsty, scrupulous assholes and THESE are supposed to be the pinnacle of the fight against despair? I will feel better if this ends up being a big part of the story. I know the bear already said he was doing this to mock them and show the world but i'm hoping they come back around and make a bigger deal about this hypocrisy.

What if Junko steals Chiaki's entire video game collection and then offers to give Chiaki "fixes" like a drug dealer in exchange for corrupting her innocence and turning her to despair?

Only if the games Junko lets her play all turn out to be handheld versions of fighters without online multiplayer

It's not just that though, the one girl is all like 'Betray them! Betray, BETRAY but not me!", one is doing spider-man level mental gymnastics to excuse killing everyone he wants to, they are violent as fuck and are going after each other at the drop of a dime. These are actual personality traits that I have a problem with. This is way different then the games, this is like dropping in the middle of some bloodthirsty, scrupulous assholes and THESE are supposed to be the pinnacle of the fight against despair? I will feel better if this ends up being a big part of the story. I know the bear already said he was doing this to mock them and show the world but i'm hoping they come back around and make a bigger deal about this hypocrisy.

The way they seem to be fighting despair is with proactive violence. It's problematic in the sense that it clashes with other characters' (and presumably most of the audience's) ideals but it's understandable given the story. I like the angle, personally.

FluxWaveZ

Is that how Junko works? From what we've seen, the way I thought she manipulated others wasn't through cheap tactics like this but through her overwhelming charisma and appealing to deep, twisted desires within someone and causing them to rise to the surface.

A lot of these possibilities being brought up as to how Junko could turn Chiaki into despair sound pretty bad, honestly.

Maebe

Random thought, honestly I think Chaiki is going to be the one that is influenced by Junko/turns to despair first and the rest follow because she seems to be set up as the person that binds the Remnants of Despair together.

Could also be Chiaki's suggestion for Hajime to become Izuru.

I just don't feel like Chaiki is going to come out of this as the same person we saw her as in DR2.

I personally doubt Chiaki would ever fall into despair or convince Hinata to do that. Nagito calls her someone who will "keep their light shining" or something like that. I assume it means that without her, they'd probably drift apart again so when Junko shows up at the school she can pick them up. I thought Chisa fits that role more so far since she was the one who got them all together in the first place.
I think whoever convinces Hinata would have to be someone completely different. Maybe Nagito, since he's one I can think of who would not say the same thing Chisa, Nanami or Tengan say. I thought of Junko but she only shows up after the project is already over. Or Hinata may just decide on his own since it's something he already is convinced he needs and no one's words seem to be changing his mind.

PK Gaming

Dude was just into really kinky bondage stuff.

Believe it or not, he actually isn't

Kn35tEA.png

Couldn't find english screens but, basically if you give him that one bondage gift, he's straight up disgusted by it. Like he says something along the lines of "this would make even me lose hope"

It's such a random character trait, but it's not so random when you consider the fact that he was

He was kidnapped, tied up and held for ransom when he was younger

GoldStarz

I didn't know that the logic of "People with dangerous ideologies should not become influential or powerful" was "Spider-Man-level mental gymnastics".

Also yeah Ruruka is kinda a fuckin' asshole.

I didn't know that the logic of "People with dangerous ideologies should not become influential or powerful" was "Spider-Man-level mental gymnastics".

Narukami doesn't seem to have any problems with the idea of killing anyone present, Naegi or not. He also didn't object at all to Boxer Asshole pointlessly going after Kyoko and Hina just because they're friends with Naegi.

GoldStarz

Narukami doesn't seem to have any problems with the idea of killing anyone present, Naegi or not. He also didn't object at all to Boxer Asshole pointlessly going after Kyoko and Hina just because they're friends with Naegi.

Jyuzo didn't tell him he was going after them. Munakata literally walked away from the clearing and then right after he left, Jyuzo was like "yeah ok ill heckle his friends then" There is no indication at all that Munakata even heard, let alone approved, of what Jyuzo planned

Permanently A

I'm excited for this episode which will surely be about more slice of life hijinks and Chiaki cuteness and absolutely not about gravel and swimsuits.

Capndrake

Despair 3

Basically everything I expected, glad they didn't stretch it out to two episodes. Too bad they didn't show the murders at all, but I guess DR2 already covered most of it. Also good to see the biggest asshole from Future (Boxer) was exactly the same before.

Ponn

Banned

Also yeah Ruruka is kinda a fuckin' asshole.

Dude gave like a 10 minute speech last episode on how he thought "Hope" was a dangerous ideology. And he continued to reinforce how he has no qualms with killing as many people as necessary to cut out anything he feels will cause despair. Completely ignoring his own actions causing despair. Dude is a psychopathic murdering asshole.

UberTag

Anyone want to speculate what the significance of Chisa being blackened/grayed out in the Despair arc opening is supposed to represent?

The part I'm specifically referring to is we see her falling upside down and then the words "It will break if you see." show up on the screen and then we see an identical animation with Chisa's silhouette grayed out with white polka dots.

Chisa Episodes 1-3...

Chisa%201.png
Chisa%202.png

Still masked out as of Episode 3...

Chisa%203.png

The reason I mention this being significant is that if you review back to Episode 1's opening prior to the Chiaki reveal, she was masked out the exact same way (silhouette grayed out with polka dots) prior to being shown in plain view in Episodes 2-3 following her introduction.

Chiaki Episode 1...

Chiaki%201.png

Chiaki Episode 3...

Chiaki%202.png

DNAbro

Boxer better die in Future holy shit. I thought Munkata was an asshole but jesus he takes it to a new level.

And Hinata you fucking idiot. Everything could have been fine but noooooo. Now Chiaki is going to lose her friend.

UberTag

And Hinata you fucking idiot. Everything could have been fine but noooooo. Now Chiaki is going to lose her friend.
She's going to lose more than that. Unless she has an unlimited lives cheat code. Does she have one of those? Those exist in real life, right?

I'm starting to appreciate that DR2 didn't get a straight anime adaptation, this is far more interesting (even though we already know how everything ends) - particularly how the two arcs always share some kind of connection each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom