• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe monaca built a robot greninja gijinka

well unless miaya was also a real person i guess. we'll see!!

I figure that's the case. Miaya was likely around to help build the NWP, and got switched out sometime prior to this game. It's fortunate for Monaca that she could swap out someone who is so shy that they never speak and mostly fade into the background.

With Tengan a likely goner before the next blackout period, I'm somewhat at a loss as to who the next victim will wind up being.

I wonder if Hina murder fakeouts will become a recurring theme until the one time when Naegi wakes up and she's ACTUALLY dead this time.
Hell, let's make Hina the mastermind because she's literally the last person anyone watching would suspect (after Hiro).

With an empty spot in the character roster, it could always be mysterious character we didn't even know was there or the real miaya is begin tied up until Monaca wants to rig the game to where they can't guess the right traitor since suspicion would now be off robo miaya.

DNAbro

With Tengan a likely goner before the next blackout period, I'm somewhat at a loss as to who the next victim will wind up being.

I wonder if Hina murder fakeouts will become a recurring theme until the one time when Naegi wakes up and she's ACTUALLY dead this time.
Hell, let's make Hina the mastermind because she's literally the last person anyone watching would suspect (after Hiro).

The absolute least likely person for mastermind is Naegi. Worst thing they could do would be a "Would you kindly?" Bioshock scenario and he's doing it without knowing. Actually now that I said that, it could actually be a Monaca the mastermind, someone else the attacker without them knowing scenario. Even if they got her, the killings wouldn't stop.

T-Rex.

Banned
We should take bets on who Juzo will attack next. We just saw him drop the sweet chin music on a disabled woman (who was a robot tbf, but it's not like he knew), beat up a depressed teenager in last week's episode, and he's just going around attacking pretty much everybody lmao.

UberTag

We should take bets on who Juzo will attack next. We just saw him drop the sweet chin music on a disabled woman (who was a robot tbf, but it's not like he knew), beat up a depressed teenager in last week's episode, and he's just going around attacking pretty much everybody lmao.
But not punching them. Thought it was clever to see Tengan call Juzo out on his forbidden action like that.

I'll be shocked if we don't get Miaya screentime in Despair arc this week with her clearly NOT being a robot in it.

GSR

Hmm. There's a blank space reserved for another person... next to monokuma

With an empty spot in the character roster, it could always be mysterious character we didn't even know was there or the real miaya is begin tied up until Monaca wants to rig the game to where they can't guess the right traitor since suspicion would now be off robo miaya.

IIRC that spot used to be taken by Monomi until we saw she was Gekkougahara's 'voice'. I wouldn't read into it that much.

Puruzi

Banned
Really i'm getting tired of those three shouting at each other about being traitors. I hope we get to see whatever the fuck happened to them in the despair arc because I don't really care about what they're mad at each other about right now.

I still like Seiko tho, braces>>>>>>>>>

Burbeting

Banned
I like it that they did the Monaca reveal rather early, since it was pretty apparent after AE that she would be involved in DR3 on some level. I just feared it would be treated as the ultimate revelation at the end or something, but now it seems they do have something bigger in store.

I'm still feeling that the teacher/housekeeper is the mastermind. It was weird that Kirigiri didn't state at any point that she was dead, even though she inspected the body.

What I really finding interesting is that the anime keeps switching things up. I expected there to be more to why the Great Gozu was protecting Naegi - turns out he's just as great as his name implies. I expected that Ryota was going to be evil, and he may still be in some ways, but now I don't think he's the mastermind.

My issue with the reasoning for Nagito is how can you fight despair if you don't even recognize it for what it is.

Because Nagito is bananas. He may be a chessmaster, but his game plan is a product of his insanity, and as such could indicate that his ultimate goal involves doing the impossible

I like it that they did the Monaca reveal rather early, since it was pretty apparent after AE that she would be involved in DR3 on some level. I just feared it would be treated as the ultimate revelation at the end or something, but now it seems they do have something bigger in store.

I'm still feeling that the teacher/housekeeper is the mastermind. It was weird that Kirigiri didn't state at any point that she was dead, even though she inspected the body.

I'm pretty well convinced though that Kirigiri's NG is revealing information, which would explain why she is noticing certain details. She asks Ryota questions about himself that are very leading, that suggests that she knows things about him, but doesn't say anything. She saw a suspicious part of the wall when the killing game began, but said nothing. It definitely makes sense that two of the three people who most ruined Junko's plans would be limited; Kyoko cannot use her detective skills, and Makoto, being fairly weak, cannot adequately defend himself, being forced to rely on others in order to survive.

Really i'm getting tired of those three shouting at each other about being traitors. I hope we get to see whatever the fuck happened to them in the despair arc because I don't really care about what they're mad at each other about right now.

Seiko's pretty great, yeah. I hope she lives to the end. She was actually one of my favorite newbies from the beginning, but the fact that she had braces makes her my favorite.

UberTag

Kyoko's been noticing shit for 3 episodes she hasn't spoken outwardly about. I think we all know why.

That said, I'm fairly certain that IS a dead body she was inspecting.
I'm just not convinced it was the body of the Chisa that was chilling in the movie theater munching on popcorn and the Despair OP backs me up on this.

The fact that they brought up the expulsion thing so blatantly makes me think that this and/or next week's despair episode will touch on the circumstances around their expulsions. It's about time we touched on it after three weeks of teasing, especially now that things seem to be heading to a point.

I like Seiko too, and the braces were a nice touch. I also like Ruruka, although not as much.

Am I the only one who is pretty delighted with how the death rate is going? I miss Gozu and Bandai and Chisa (kinda; she wasn't exactly a strong element of the Future arc in the first episode), but I'm really surprised that this episode didn't have a single person die. Judging by how things are going though, I have to expect that we'll see a couple of deaths in the fifth episode; Tengan will probably be dead come next episode, and so will one of the three involved in that chase.

Kyoko's been noticing shit for 3 episodes she hasn't spoken outwardly about. I think we all know why.

That said, I'm fairly certain that IS a dead body she was inspecting.
I'm just not convinced it was the body of the Chisa that was chilling in the movie theater munching on popcorn and the Despair OP backs me up on this.

It could be a robot

Permanently A

The biggest concern regarding the mastermind I have right now is that none of them seem like good candidates.

Aoi, Kyouko and Makoto are out of the question.

Monaca/Miaya may have something to do with the mastermind... but probably isn't the mastermind.

Hagakure is irrelevant.

Juzo is too much of an asshole to be the traitor.

Munakata likes hope too much to be the traitor.

Candygirl, Blacksmith and Pill Popper are shitty characters with a crappy subplot and I can't see any of them being the traitor and being meaningful.

Tengan is dead.

Ryota is suspect but... too suspect to be the traitor. He also has all the other shit with the Imposter. Too much stuff for one character.

Koichi ends up being the traitor by process of elimination. Sort of.

Lol didn't think about the fact that these episodes would become available in the morning for us. Will have to watch it after dinner.

I thought at first I would bummed that I didn't have the English VAs from the games, but I'm just too hooked to even think about that now.

Lol didn't think about the fact that these episodes would become available in the morning for us. Will have to watch it after dinner.

I thought at first I would bummed that I didn't have the English VAs from the games, but I'm just too hooked to even think about that now.

Aren't we getting the dub this week?

Grexeno

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Future Arc 04

Hey it's that girl from the side game I know nothing about.

He will beat up Monoca with her wheelchair.

UberTag

He did call out the suspicious-looking robot back in Episode 2. Having someone that wouldn't be able to get gassed or poisoned is kind of a cheat if you're intent on masterminding a killing game and not working with them which might explain why Gozu got axed first with her nearby so as to gauge how Miaya/Monaca would react to the culprit while "pretending to nap".

In fact, I suspect that Hina fakeout was entirely Monaca's doing because she thought it would be a funny gag and to send a message to the mastermind that "hey, I'm just here to mess around / act as an observer". She made a big show of reacting to it as well. In retrospect, that stunt with the prop knife seems like the kind of gag a little kid would think was amusing.

The mastermind would have also deduced that Miaya was not flesh and blood right from the get-go when affixing everyone with a bracelet and "presumably" relocating them to the other Future Foundation building. But if other plans for the game had already been set into motion and her presence was required given the set up of knocking everyone out in Episode 1, you kind of have to work with the cards that you're given and roll with it. A lot of shit falls into place given that context.

Puruzi

Banned
Just realized that Miaya might not have been lying about her forbidden action. She's a robot so she can't really be poisoned, so if she turned right before it wouldn't really matter.

The biggest concern regarding the mastermind I have right now is that none of them seem like good candidates.

Aoi, Kyouko and Makoto are out of the question.

Monaca/Miaya may have something to do with the mastermind... but probably isn't the mastermind.

Hagakure is irrelevant.

Juzo is too much of an asshole to be the traitor.

Munakata likes hope too much to be the traitor.

Candygirl, Blacksmith and Pill Popper are shitty characters with a crappy subplot and I can't see any of them being the traitor and being meaningful.

Tengan is dead.

Ryota is suspect but... too suspect to be the traitor. He also has all the other shit with the Imposter. Too much stuff for one character.

In my mind it's either Koichi, Ryota, or even more likely someone who is already dead. I'm going to guess it was Chisa and the most despair inducing thing would be to have them killing each other all for nothing.

Another solid episode imo. I'm upset about Tengan as he was probably my favorite new character. But we will probably get to see him for a few more minutes next episode anyways.

FluxWaveZ

In my mind it's either Koichi, Ryota, or even more likely someone who is already dead. I'm going to guess it was Chisa and the most despair inducing thing would be to have them killing each other all for nothing.

Someone is killing people during the Mafia game's night phase (while the "good guys" are asleep). So if Chisa was the killer, she's still alive.

UberTag

Someone is killing people during the Mafia game's night phase. So if Chisa was the killer, she's still alive.
My assumption is that Koichi is the killer and "the numerical discrepancy" ... aka Chisa's twin... is the mastermind. The numbers being off point to the variance being the one running the show but "probably not the killer during the night phase" because they wouldn't want to risk exposing themselves (to Miaya/Monaca who can't be gassed or anyone else).

My assumption is that Koichi is the killer and "the numerical discrepancy" ... aka Chisa's twin... is the mastermind. The numbers being off point to the variance being the one running the show but "probably not the killer during the night phase" because they wouldn't want to risk exposing themselves (to Miaya/Monaca who can't be gassed or anyone else).

Well there's definitely one other person considering the hidden profile image
http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/core_sys/images/contents/00000092/base/l4.png

Monaca's
http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/core_sys/images/contents/00000093/base/l4.png

Overall, my ranking of new characters:

12. Daisaku Bandai - Never got a chance to know the character as anything more than brief comic relief. :/
11. Ruruka Ando - Generally kind of annoying, TBH. She kind of has a bratty attitude and I haven't seen her do anything really fun or interesting yet.
10. Sonosuke Izayoi - Basically kind of the same beef with Ruruka, except he's given a little more to do in the story.
9. Miaya Gekkogahara - This might be partly because I didn't trust her for the longest time, but I just wasn't super into her. Not bad, but not great. :v
8. Koichi Kizakura - A lot of good potential, but I'm usually not a big fan of these types of characters. I'll have to see if I can't scout out some solid moments from him in future episodes.
7. Ryota Mitarai - I like where he's going, and they're giving him a pretty interesting arc. His whole thing with wanting to be like Makoto almost reminds me of Nagito, to such an extent that it makes me wonder if maybe Ryota was the true Ultimate Impostor who wanted to grow beyond his limitations.
6. Kyosuke Munakata - I like him well enough, and his Knight Templar schtick isn't wearing thin, surprisingly enough. I'm excited to see if his resolve will weaken with a Tengan speech.
5. Chisa Yukizome - Obviously mostly for her Despair arc stuff. At first she kind of seemed like a bit of a "Mary Sue" (for lack of a better term) where she is just perfectly able to bond with everyone and match everyone's personality, but I grew to like it quite a bit - it stands to reason that an Ultimate in her position would be able to do something like that.
4. Kazuo Tengan - This episode skyrocketed him a lot. I was kinda "shrug" w/ him beforehand - he was nice, but like Koichi, his value was in his potential, and he really fulfilled it by revealing himself to be a Hidden Badass. It makes me curious as to whether Tengan in his prime would be able to compete with some of the strongest characters in the series.
3. The Great Gozu - Despite only getting to know him for just a couple of episodes, his role as the protagonist booster was very well-served. He ranks as highly as he does because in only two episodes, he made a rather awesome impression.
2. Juzo Sakakura - This choice is curious to me, because Juzo is the Byakuya of the game - shit, he's even worse - and I profoundly disliked Byakuya in DR1; he was my least favorite aside from Celeste. For whatever reason though, I enjoy every scene that he is in. He is absolutely just the perfect villain character, and frankly, despite being the Byakuya (for me anyway), I do so hope that he dies. How wonderful too would it be if Munakata himself kills him??
1. Seiko Kimura - I just enjoy basically every aspect of this character - her transformation for me was great (though I can understand why people don't like it), her reactions and personality are tons of fun - reminds me a bit of the Genocider Sho for this game - and like Juzo, I enjoy every single scene she is in. Unlike Juzo however, she is absolutely the one character from the new cast who I want to live and would actively be disappointed if she did not (aside from Gozu). Not that I actively want anyone to die (besides Juzo), but she's the one that most elicited that perception of them. Also, braces.

Drago

Man it's kinda fucking sad that the three most obvious choices to die (Bandai, Gozu, Tengan) ended up being the actual first three to die outside of the Chisa opening kill. :////

Great episode though. Future side is really getting better and better every week. Shocked that they revealed Monaca so early on.

Holy shit. How did i not realize the security guard was the ultimate boxer?

So are they going to release the dub once a week as well? What days were the dubs again?

I was kind of thinking, what if Monaca isn't actually Monaca but Junko AI in Monaca's body. Like it was a test to see if the NWP could actually upload Junko's AI into a person's body.

What better way to be groomed into the successor of Junko than to allow yourself to become Junko.

FluxWaveZ

I was kind of thinking, what if Monaca isn't actually Monaca but Junko AI in Monaca's body. Like it was a test to see if the NWP could actually upload Junko's AI into a person's body.

What better way to be groomed into the successor of Junko than to allow yourself to become Junko.

ljWmCfH.png

Forgot to post who I was expecting to survive the anime:
Naegi - Kirigiri - Asahina (OG cast)
Chisa (was in the promo for the animes) - Ryota (UI in despair) - Yu Narukami or the Chairman (semeed important to me). Aaaaaand now:

Episode 3 Future
Goddamit of course you didn't kill Asahina but you did killed Gozu :mad: I bet it's my fault for laughing at those who made theories about why Asahina wasn't killed. Def not sure about UsamiGirl knowing about other people's actions. Nice flashback moment, Naegi and Izuru meet o: "This isn't a class trial" GET REKT. I do understand his point since Naegi hasn't really experienced the despair out there like the Future Foundation, and Naegi's existence is sort of a cause for more despair appearing in the world, but Yu Narukami's still pretty extreme and direct about it.

Episode 3 Despair
Fuyu's sister is more likeable than I thought. And Sato's pretty crazy lol but I can see why she's so paranoid about it since she got that cut in her arm due to just stopping a conflict. Wish we could have seen Sato killing Fuyu's sister or Fuyu killing Sato, or even just a few interactions with Ibuki and the others, but oh well. Boxer dude is a piece of sh!t, he's supposed to be on cover investigating the dark side of Hope's Peak but yet there's the first reserve student that tries to enter the main building and he goes on to punch him and spit on him. I understand that it's better for Hajime to not get involved but ugh the stupid method, Hajime might as well have gone with the director or the police or something and Hope's Peak would be exposed as a school where school guards kick students or something. That conversation between Hajime and Chiaki ;_; whyyyyy. "I will become.... everyone's hope." Noooooooo.

Episode 4 Future
Ryota talking about how he's useless and wants to be like Naegi... he's totally going to end up dying ;_; Didn't expect the chairman to be that badass lol The tension between the couple and Seiko is big. So something happened that got the three of them expelled? I smell Despair episode involving them in the future :p Plus the medicine/potion she took in the previous episode was the same that Akane drank in Despair, right? "Then Yukizome was one of the necessary deaths?" Buuuuuurn yo. Gosh UsamiGirl always tries to get away from others. Aaaaaaand ENTER THE DEMON CHILD. Yaaaay they'll be adressing Despair Girls as well!! :D Sooooo since she's a robot that means that the sleeping time and poison don't affect her at all? It's pretty easy to say she's the traitor and that she was clearly the one who killed Gozu but given that this is DR and we're only at episode 4, this will of course not happen.

he's not a participant. he's the only one in the intro without a monokuma bracelet, instead only wearing the bangle he always wears:

he's the man on the outside...I think he'll go and get help from SPOILER
byakuya, who was leaked as featuring in DR3
Ahh I see, so he's pretty much the wild card. He's probably gonna end up saving someone (if he manages to enter the building lol)
Despair 3

It also sucks that (with the exception of Mahiru) the key players in the Twilight Murder syndrome case were barely relevant. Mahiru's characterization was waaay off in general (she's not really the type of person to take shit from anyone).
Yeah no Ibuki/Hiyoko/Mikan interactions with Sato :/ And Mahiru did seem too fragile here, specially when she always quick to confront Fuyuhiko in the game where he said things similarly to "I'm gonna kill you!".
Already there. In my opinion the best characters are the jerks that help push the plot forward in the open like Byakuya and Nagito. They're not my favorites necessarily but I do think they're the best.
It's weird for me. I love jerk characters like Togami, preDeadPeko!Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko (and was geniously surprised to see people hating them here and in other forums/comments) but I still don't like boxer dude.

I'm predicting that the Future arc will have fewer deaths than one would expect from DR. So far we've only lost three of the 16 participants. So far, I'm expecting the survival of:

1. Naegi
2. Asahina
3. Hagakure
4. Kirigiri (TBH she's the most likely for me to die)
5. Munakata
6. Seiko
7. Ando (I could see her dying tho, but it won't be Ando AND Izayoi)
8. Ryota
9. Monaca (convert her to Ultimate Hope)

And the deaths being

1. Gekkogahara (we'll have some "free will" thing happen)
2. Sakakura (heel gon' heel)
3. Tengan (it's definitely suggesting it pretty strongly)
4. Kizakura (I think he's the mastermind!!)
5. Izayoi (one of the three, at LEAST one of the three, will die)
Haiji

Maebe

I am really annoyed by how much time we spend on them and there's still little reason to care about their drama at all. All the new characters I care for are already dead(Chisa, Gozu) or about to die (Tengan).
I hope Monaca can finish Juzo in a ridiculously over the top manner.

What was her forbidden action?

Can't turn right, but one, we never actually see Miaya show it, and two, whatever poison there is isn't going to work anyway.

A reveal this early only makes it seem like Monoca is a red herring; I'd be more surprised if she had anything to do with the real killer or traitor.

And seriously, Ultimate Hoomroom is completely off base. Given everything she's done, she should be the Ultimate Roboticist instead.

But man, am I glad I finished AE right as DR3 started. I didn't think it would get this relevant. (And was kind of hoping for that to be the case, since it might introduce a mess of plot points I don't need DR3 to accommodate for.)

#TeamJuzo

Edit: As much as I HATED my time with UDG, really glad I played it now.

Would you say it made you want to
break the controller?

Seriously, I am overall glad that I played UDG. Not just because it fills me in on details for DR3, but also because it gave me more Nagito and girl bonding.

If only "Everything else" wasn't there.

And seriously, Ultimate Hoomroom is completely off base. Given everything she's done, she should be the Ultimate Roboticist instead.

The technology she has is from the Towa Corporation; she basically blackmailed the owner into making all of the Monokumas. So in reality, she probably just had the Towa Corporation do all of this too.

I doubt I'm justified in stating this but doesn't the details of the new game hint the ending of the series.
that they lose and monokuma is free to play another game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom