• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the reveal

Monaka doesn't seem to be wearing a bracelet. So she might not be the mastermind but she is definitely helping. That or she's wearing the bracelet in her ankle or some dumb sh*t like that.

Rich!

About the reveal

Monaka doesn't seem to be wearing a bracelet. So she might not be the mastermind but she is definitely helping. That or she's wearing the bracelet in her ankle or some dumb sh*t like that.

Monaca isn't wearing a bracelet because she's not in the game.

No need for spoiler tags for previously aired content btw

UberTag

Anyone have any thoughts as to the absence of Miaya and Ryota in the opening moments of the Future arc when Kyoko was narrating the conflict between the Ultimate Despairs and the Future Foundation?

We see this opening shot of the Future Foundation that features Kazuo Tengan (who we now know is a badass) front and center. Juzo and Gozu at his sides to serve as the front-line of defense. Behind him to the left we have Daisaku and Chisa. On his right we have Koichi, Ruruka and Sonosuke.

Fuyuhiko orders Peko to attack and hopping out of nowhere to Tengan's defense is Kyosuke to clash swords with her (while Chisa looks on with goo goo eyes).

We then cut to another scene with Mikan about to stab some poor unsuspecting bloke in the eye with a needle only for her to get thwarted by an attack from Seiko.

Back to the main battle, we see Akane and Nekomaru flank Peko as they have a makeshift showdown with Kyosuke, Juzo and Sonosuke.

But through all of this, where is the Ultimate Therapist? Where is the Ultimate Animator? Everyone else is present on the battlefield and accounted for. But not them.

NEO0MJ

But the ultimate therapist was always announced as being in this game... didn't you read Miaya's bio?

That doesn't count :p

But that kiss in UDG freaked me out. It was just so wrong. Kinds as murderers is kinda played out but not as sexual predators.

But through all of this, where is the Ultimate Therapist? Where is the Ultimate Animator? Everyone else is present on the battlefield and accounted for. But not them.

While I'm the Ultimate Therapist was once real I wonder what happened to her. Ultimate Animator is meant to be one of Danganronpa 3's big mysteries I guess.

h0tp0ck3t

You'd think they'd want someone with a rocket launching wheel chair to be on the front lines :p

so, just saw a theory that the reason Juzo stopped his punch against Tengan is because his forbidden action is that he can't punch people in the face. Makes a lot of sense, and also calls to question how Tengan seemed to know this was the case

Also, I think there's more than one traitor, including robot girl. The idea that it was just one was clearly a misdirection

PK Gaming

I was actually sort of defending Bandai when the cast were first shown but why the fuck did they do that.

There was so much contempt for this character.

I think he would have been tolerable he didn't have a gimmicky voice, a design that makes me physically angry and 0 purpose beyond being a sacrificial lamb. Even having one of those things would be bad, but all 3?

tumblr_ncoxp9w5cg1tcsgn2o1_500.gif

That's too much, man!

so, just saw a theory that the reason Juzo stopped his punch against Tengan is because his forbidden action is that he can't punch people in the face. Makes a lot of sense, and also calls to question how Tengan seemed to know this was the case

Also, I think there's more than one traitor, including robot girl. The idea that it was just one was clearly a misdirection
It was kind of obvious from the way he was attacking them, throwing chairs and shit when he's the ultimate boxer.

FluxWaveZ

I think Bandai's just about the worst DR character ever created. Literally designed as a joke to be killed off for the story, without any actual nuance to him or history to speak of (not enough time for that stuff). The only redeeming factor was probably his sayings that didn't mean anything, and those would have gotten annoying the further in things got.

A character for that purpose could be passable, if it wasn't for the part where his design is somewhat racially insensitive.

Still really enjoying these two anime series a lot. They've done a great job of establishing that trademark essence of the series right off the bat.

Also, #TeamJuzo

I'm about to finish Danganronpa Zero, what other stuff is good to read?

Ultra Despair Hagakure, Kirigiri, Togami, If, etc

As far as canon content goes, I say the Hagakure novel may be acknowledged in DR3. And if you haven't already read it, Killer Killer is probably important after that comment by Kodaka in the volume release mentioning it may play a role in DR3.

As far as canon content goes, I say the Hagakure novel may be acknowledged in DR3. And if you haven't already read it, Killer Killer is probably important after that comment by Kodaka in the volume release mentioning it may play a role in DR3.

Im already reading Killer Killer. i dont like it very much tbh

Juzo is in it. That's the only think so far

Im already reading Killer Killer. i dont like it very much tbh

Juzo is in it. That's the only think so far

Considering the anime ends by October, I wonder how are they going to frame that story for it to actually matter. Right now, it is lacklustre.

About other reads, the general opinion of IF is that it's okay (if fanfictiony at times). Kirigiri's was being translated by a person in Tumblr but was paused because the Togami novel; I haven't read either, but the little I know from the Togami one left me a bad opinion about it.

Bandai is a total nothing character. He was brought in for laughs (something he failed at imho), and to be a sacrificial lamb to introduce and show off the NG Code punishment. Unless he gets some miracle development in Despair side, it's hard to care about him at all.

I would be surprised if UD Hagakure factors in much at all, but I would read it. It's a short and interesting story for Hiro that expands on his character a bit.

Skip If unless you want to read basically official fanfiction about Mukuro.

I can't speak for Kirigiri. Togami sounded promising at first, but after some posts in this thread I'm more skeptical.

Killer Killer is ok from what I've read so far. I have fallen behind on it, so I'm not 100% up to date.

Considering the anime ends by October, I wonder how are they going to frame that story for it to actually matter. Right now, it is lacklustre.

About other reads, the general opinion of IF is that it's okay (if fanfictiony at times). Kirigiri's was being translated by a person in Tumblr but was paused because the Togami novel; I haven't read either, but the little I know from the Togami one left me a bad opinion about it.

All the LNs feel a little bit forced to me; they often times just try to cram a lot of information or forced references or 'metaphors' in, and it all feels a bit awkward.

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNBZpDSVbA

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bandai is a total nothing character. He was brought in for laughs (something he failed at imho), and to be a sacrificial lamb to introduce and show off the NG Code punishment. Unless he gets some miracle development in Despair side, it's hard to care about him at all.

Plot Twist, Bandai turns out to be the ultimate mastermind, who simply used Junko as a pawn.

I have to say, for not being much of an anime fan myself and given that this was tasked with following up one of my favorite games of all time, the show's doing an admirable job roughly 1/4 of the way through. I really hope it can keep it going. Just got cut some of the fat like characters in future arc that are seemingly going nowhere and fingers crossed that Despair arc's fall from grace plot is effective. I seriously don't know how they can do it for 15 of these weirdos.

If was pretty enjoyable, it covers what happens if Naegi found the escape button from the monomono machine early in the game due to his luck. Basically it expands on Mukuro's character. If you've got Danganronpa 2 it's available to read after you clear the main story.

Redhood

Refresh my memory! How many remnant of despairs are alive in Future Arc?

Sonia, Soda, Akane, Hajime and Fuyuhiko right? The others who got killed in virtual world they are now dead in real world right?
Are they now normal cause of neo world program overwriting their memories of them falling to depair? Or they reverted back to being under despair?

Are they now normal cause of neo world program overwriting their memories of them falling to depair? Or they reverted back to being under despair?

Forced Shutdown would not allow them to retain any Neo World memories, so technically they're supposed reverted back to pre-island aka Despair Versions of themselves.

But apparently something did change in their psyche, as somehow they've now chosen to stay back in the island to tend to the comatose comrades instead of going genocidal and want to kill more people, and obviously Hinata at the end of the game has revoked his Izuru identity and returns to being Hinata.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I can't wait to inevitably see Komaru and Toko show up.

At least I hope they throw everything into this.

For only 12 episodes, I kinda hope they don't. The pacing has actually been pretty good for both arcs thus far, but things could go south, and throwing everything we know into it could be one of the ways it does.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Mastermind is AI Chiaki controlling an army of Monokuma robots. Real Miaya shows up, reveals she is the real Chiaki, attacks with her army of robot Miayas. Final episode is 30 minutes of Chiakis killing Chiakis

I'm okay with this...?

Monaca being in it was a neat nod to AE, but yeah, she's obviously just a pawn.

Shocking surprise, Nagito's the root of the problem yet again. I feel he's meant to be a completely unlikable character, yet somehow is wildly popular instead.

DNAbro

Jesus Nagito you fuck up everyone's lives even when you aren't trying to.

Shocking surprise, Nagito's the root of the problem yet again. I feel he's meant to be a completely unlikable character, yet somehow is wildly popular instead.

Nah I don't get how anyone can hate him. He's just a super interesting character.

I was expecting something related to the reveal in the last episode of the Future arc, but now that we finally got the story of that trio the main plot may advance. But sadly we didn't get the fallout from the Twilight Syndrome case aside from a changed atmosphere in the group, a shame considering its influence in various characters.

The highlight of the episode was Komaeda. Seeing him plotting an explosion just for the sake of his classmates (and his twisted view of them) and then getting everything go his way because of his luck cycle was great. I wonder how Junko got to him after being indefinitely suspended, though.

DNAbro

I was expecting something related to the reveal in the last episode of the Future arc, but now that we finally got the story of that trio the main plot may advance. But sadly we didn't get the fallout from the Twilight Syndrome case aside from a changed atmosphere in the group, a shame considering its influence in various characters.

The highlight of the episode was Komaeda. Seeing him plotting an explosion just for the sake of his classmates (and his twisted view of them) and then getting everything go his way because of his luck cycle was great. I wonder how Junko got to him after being indefinitely suspended, though.

Is "indefinitely suspended" the same as expelled though? Chisa made it sound like he would come back. Maybe it's a wonky translation. I'm guessing it is a "until further notice" type of thing.

Is "indefinitely suspended" the same as expelled though? Chisa made it sound like he would come back. Maybe it's a wonky translation. I'm guessing it is a "until further notice" type of thing.

It seems he may return to class if his punishment is lifted, but we are going to need a reason for him to return at least. Both the headmaster and the Steering Committee are wary of him after all.

This motherfucker does it again.

Really felt bad for the Pharmacist. It was nice seeing her light up after Nagito said the laxative worked. We're a third of the way through Danganronpa 3 and it's already looking difficult to balance the new characters with the old. I bet a lot of storylines/characters get shorted or ignored, which is a shame.

The indefinite suspension might also be the plot device to explain why he never met Izuru before...

So that the anime can insert Izuru interaction with the cast without retcon! :D

DNAbro

It seems he may return to class if his punishment is lifted, but we are going to need a reason for him to return at least. Both the headmaster and the Steering Committee are wary of him after all.

As they should be. Nagito is terrifying even when he isn't trying to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom