• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNEW IT.

I thought her design being so obviously inspired by Monaca's was a red herring, but the fact that those speculations were right just raises further questions about the killing game. For one, I can't believe Kodaka revealed the mastermind this early, so I completely expect Junko shenanigans. Also, I didn't expect Tengan to be so fit - I was totally expecting for him to reveal that his true identity to be the orginal Izuru Kamukura.

And of course, Kirigiri investigating Chisa's corpse raises questions regarding the circumstances of her so called death. I believe that Kodaka is trying to instigate suspicion on her (considering her relevance in both arcs), giving credence to the theories that she is involved either as a part of the mastermind group or as a third party.

Considering these events in Future, I expect the next episode of the Despair series to introduce the creators of the New World Program.

DNAbro

Fuuuck that ending. Didn't expect that reveal so soon. I wonder if she counts as two people. Also I'm expecting that she is the mastermind, not the attacker.

Nice to see they finally made it canon.

pYUETDI.jpg

lmao that jab at Hakagure. P4 MC being intelligent makes me appreciate him much more despite his ideals.

Old man was badass kicking Boxer and P4 MC asses. Loved how he pissed off P4 MC with the sacrifice line.

Loved the ending. The twist was pretty much hinted at the OP lol. Also I dont believe her to be the attacker but the mastermind.

h0tp0ck3t

lol Miaya's a robot? Great now I can go back to my original head canon of Kazuichi and Fuyuhiko building a robo Chiaki with her salvaged AI and dem yakuza millions lmao

Never gonna let go

Permanently A

I KNEW IT.

I thought her design being so obviously inspired by Monaca's was a red herring, but the fact that those speculations were right just raises further questions about the killing game. For one, I can't believe Kodaka revealed the mastermind this early, so I completely expect Junko shenanigans. Also, I didn't expect Tengan to be so fit - I was totally expecting for him to reveal that his true identity to be the orginal Izuru Kamukura.

And of course, Kirigiri investigating Chisa's corpse raises questions regarding the circumstances of her so called death. I believe that Kodaka is trying to instigate suspicion on her (considering her relevance in both arcs), giving credence to the theories that she is involved either as a part of the mastermind group or as a third party.

Considering these events in Future, I expect the next episode of the Despair series to introduce the creators of the New World Program.

I doubt Monaca is the real mastermind, and just a red herring for the final mastermind, a la Junko AI and Izuru reveal.

Damn. If we can get a reveal like that this early then the rest of the series is going to be nuts. Glad that we won't have to play the "Doesn't Miaya seem so trustworthy, guys!?" game any longer.

Permanently A

So we can assume the "girl" he was referring to last episode was Monaca? Dude knows way more than he lets on me thinks

Nah, he wanted to meet up with Kyouko. Unless Kodaka is baiting us again.

Damn that episode was so fire.

• Tengan being a badass and fucking Juzo up
  • Characterization for Ryota (rip in piece soon)
  • an actual good explanation for Munakata's actions
  • Well animated action scenes
  • Tengan going out like a g and inspiring Munakata
  • ACTUAL INVESTIGATION! SOON! MAYBE!
  • Miaya reveal

I get the feeling Despair arc is about to kick into overdrive too.

Future 4: Holy crap was this a pretty good episode, the highlight definitely being Tengan being a badass, fighting Juzo and Munakata plus the reveal of the traitor being controlled by Monaca was awesome. I was shouting OH she's a robot as soon as I heard the noise.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm going to laugh if she's actually not the mastermind and she just got caught up in the game after infiltrating future foundation.

Monaca! Kinda disappointed because I liked wheelchair girl.

Now where is Toko and Komaru?

And Byakuya.

And I was a bit disappointed that the twilight murder was over just as soon as it began.

Rich!

And I was a bit disappointed that the twilight murder was over just as soon as it began.

why? we already spent countless hours and a trial going through it in DR2. Going through the murders in detail, especially that silly swimsuit, would have been a waste.

The way they handled it let us experience it from Hinata and Natsumi's perspectives, which we never got beforehand.

why? we already spent countless hours and a trial going through it in DR2. Going through the murders in detail, especially that silly swimsuit, would have been a waste.

The way they handled it let us experience it from Hinata and Natsumi's perspectives, which we never got beforehand.

Hell, we didn't even know Hajime was classmates with both.

What we really need in the Despair Arc is more On The Meat Bon, I mean Bone The Mea, god, not again, what I'm talking about is the Bone On The Meat... WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S WRONG!!! stuff

poodpick

What we really need in the Despair Arc is more On The Meat Bon, I mean Bone The Mea, god, not again, what I'm talking about is the Bone On The Meat... WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S WRONG!!! stuff

I don't understand how people had a problem with this. Is the term meat on the bone or bone-in meat never used in the west?

I didnt necessaraly mean go through the whole thing in detail, but more than just "there was a murder" "this person hasnt been to school for days" "this person is dead. Carry on."

Also, saw that they got the DR:A cast back for the dub. Guess that means more god awful, gilbert godfrey wannabe Monokuma. At least most of the DR2 cast is back.

Yu Narukami seems like he might not be so obnoxious form now on, which is great, Tengan was a total badass, Jyuzo got beat up by an old man, Monaca reveal, etc.

This episode was so good. My personal theory is that Monaca had infiltrated the Future Foundation beforehand, but is not the traitor or the mastermind.

I also noticed that unless Tengan survives this somehow, the executions in the opening were definitely a red herring and don't match anymore after Gozu's death.

FluxWaveZ

Never trusted robot girl. Turns out, she was an actual robot.

Wonder if we'll see any of the other kids appear since Monaca's part of this.

I think the fact that Monaca is involved makes it even more likely that Nagito is also a part of this.

So we can assume the "girl" he was referring to last episode was Monaca? Dude knows way more than he lets on me thinks

Could be, and it could also mean he's the traitor. They might reveal their identity sooner than later.

DNAbro

I don't understand how people had a problem with this. Is the term meat on the bone or bone-in meat never used in the west?

I never heard the term before DR. What I wanted to the say during that part was anything that let me get close the "the bone in the meat".

kewlmyc

I knew she was going to be in the show eventually due to this show supposedly wrapping up everything before DRV3 comes out, but I groaned out loud the moment Monica showed up. Hopefully her role isn't that big and I pray that she isn't the mastermind, but yet another cog in the machine.

Also, this anime was already confusing as hell to those who only watched DR1 the Animation, but now they're going to be completely in the dark with the Monica reveal. Only saying this since this show's dub is going to be airing on Funimation's weekly streams soon.

I love how right before I started watching the new episode, I made a list of all the characters I was beginning to get suspicious of, and the only name on the list was Gekkogahara. Solely because she reminded me of Monaca. Freaking knew it. I love this show.

Also, this anime was already confusing as hell to those who only watched DR1 the Animation, but now they're going to be completely in the dark with the Monica reveal. Only saying this since this show's dub is going to be airing on Funimation's weekly streams soon.

Having only played the games on PC, yeah I'm completely in the dark about the Despair Girl stuff.

Rich!

Oh yeah so

Nagito was behind Monaca right? At least that's the impression I got from his final scenes in DR: Another Episode/ultra despair girls

latest

Soooo convinced he's behind the DR3 future killing game now. A stepping stone to true hope!

eWZJcqw.jpg

There is still time for you to watch a playthrough of despair girls, I watched this one to get me fully up to speed, be warned it is nearly 12 hours long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if6Kp7jl1IM

I might just read through the wikia since I don't think I can sit through a 12 hour playthrough. I knew the chances weren't too great about Despair Girl hitting Steam, especially any time before the anime but I would like to actually play it.

I might just read through the wikia since I don't think I can sit through a 12 hour playthrough. I knew the chances weren't too great about Despair Girl hitting Steam, especially any time before the anime but I would like to actually play it.
Fair enough then, I mean if Spike Chunsoft do port it over chances are it is months away.

Rich!

Buy a pstv and the game then trade them back in. Here in the UK, it'll end up the cost of a standard rental. PSTV is like £20 at cex

Chase17

So what is the importance of the girl at the end? I've only played the two mainline games.

Edit: Is the spin off game worth playing? Maybe still some time hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom