• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So like usual, Nagito has good intentions, but his means of carrying them out are always supremely fucked up. Just like in DR2, he seems to have a ton of unchecked malice for people. For instance:

-Presumably the laxatives weren't for him, but for his classmates? That's hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons.
-The bombs were there to stop the practical for happening. Sure. Why the detonation trigger though.

Aside from that, the episode didn't do much for me. I'm not a fan of any of the new characters, and I the reason behind their expulsion was pretty basic.

Like an episode of Fairly Odd parents.

Permanently A

Oh btw did anyone else notice the "when hope and hope collide, I want to be there!" line from Nagito?

That's obviously Munakata and Makoto. The Servant is surely involved in the DR3 Future game somehow. Maybe he's in the helicopter?

Oh btw did anyone else notice the "when hope and hope collide, I want to be there!" line from Nagito?

That's obviously Munakata and Makoto. The Servant is surely involved in the DR3 Future game somehow. Maybe he's in the helicopter?

Nagito is too great a joker are to not be played. We haven't seen makoto go against Nagito which could be interesting. I'm expecting the remnants of despair to have some form of influence in the future series.

Maebe

Goddamn I love Komaeda, the absolute madman. Explains the feud going on and just how silly it is. The sweets girl seemed like a bad friend from the start. I got some questions though. Why dope the judges? What did he take the laxatives for? Why was the girl's boyfriend suspended too?
I expect Komaeda to appear in the other arc somehow, now there's two incidents directly related to him(Monaka and now this).

Thud

Gundham and that dog nice.

And once again Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride continues. Does the suspension mean he never met Junko? Lucky.

Permanently A

Goddamn I love Komaeda, the absolute madman. Explains the feud going on and just how silly it is. The sweets girl seemed like a bad friend from the start. I got some questions though. Why dope the judges? What did he take the laxatives for? Why was the girl's boyfriend suspended too?
I expect Komaeda to appear in the other arc somehow, now there's two incidents directly related to him(Monaka and now this).

Not sure if the bomb blowing up was according to plan, but I think the laxatives were to make his classmates too sick to take the exam. Ruruka wanted to dope the judges with Seiko's drug so she would pass the exam. No idea why Blacksmith was expelled.

Not sure if the bomb blowing up was according to plan, but I think the laxatives were to make his classmates too sick to take the exam. Ruruka wanted to dope the judges with Seiko's drug so she would pass the exam. No idea why Blacksmith was expelled.

Probably because she had shown his weapons on broadcast shortly before an explosion destroyed the gym. Just for the sake of giving all the "culprits" to the media in order to avoid a scandal.

pbayne

Holy shit luck is so broken.

I have to wonder how the hell do they measure some talents with a practical exam? Like how does Sonia demonstrate that she's the ultimate princess?

h0tp0ck3t

Holy shit luck is so broken.

I have to wonder how the hell do they measure some talents with a practical exam? Like how does Sonia demonstrate that she's the ultimate princess?

Fuyhiko in order to pass this exam you must collect all of the protection money owed to your family. Be sure to kill anyone who doesn't in order to set an example.
LMAO

FluxWaveZ

To address some confusion: indefinite != permanent. "Indefinitely" means for an unknown period of time. Whenever whoever's responsible would deem it okay, in that case.

Also, Nagito is awesome. An element of his luck that I'm not sure was ever-present in the games but is an element in the anime is that his luck comes at the cost of others' good luck, in every case. There was some of that before, but I think it's more of a thing now.

Edit: Glad I got my wish.
Too much happiness. Nagito, go do something cool.

cnLmFNJl.jpg

The pharmacist is an alright character, but those two others she's associated with are awful, and not just as people. Just real boring, really annoying in any scene they're involved in. Seiko was basically being used by her since they've known each other under the guise of "best friends." Wonder if it'll be explained why Seiko never ate her treats.

Nah, he was going to just go straight up and give the examiners the laced drink to put them out of commission. The bomb, I think, was more of a backup plan. Of course, he'll get caught and expelled for such an act, but that isn't out of line with his tendency to be the martyr.

Also, Nagito is awesome. An element of his luck that I'm not sure was ever-present in the games but is an element in the anime is that his luck comes at the cost of others' good luck, in every case. There was some of that before, but I think it's more of a thing now.

But the entirety of chapter 5 was centered around his luck as a legit talent. IMO it had the best implementation of a talent amongst all the DR cases.

FluxWaveZ

But the entirety of chapter 5 was centered around his luck as a legit talent. In fact, it had the best implementation of the person's talent amongst all the DR cases.

I didn't refute that. Nagito's luck is constant through the entirety of Danganronpa 2 and in Danganronpa: Another Episode. I'm saying that, in Danganronpa 3, they're emphasising situations where his luck comes at the cost of other people's, while before that was usually not the case (obviously, there are times where it was like during Chapter 5 or for some of the antagonists in DR:AE).

FluxWaveZ

I'm actually more interessted in why the blacksmith guy stopped eating them. I smell some dubious stuff going on.

For Future arc, I think it's probably his forbidden action. And considering that Ruruka seems to take it pretty personal when people don't eat her sweets and she can't trust them, it could make for some conflict on that front.

Don't really care, though. They should both die.

Rich!

ehhhh

I didn't really like that episode too much. So far, future is kicking it out of the park - but the despair side is basically riding on Hinata and Chiaki's scenes imo - I'm hoping we see the hope cultivation project start next week.

QuadOpto

Wasn't it said in some form of media that the sweets Ultimate Sweets Girl makes are on some level addicting? Might be a reason the Ultimate Pharmacist wouldn't want to partake in them. Another possible explanation would be that candy or other sweets don't really go well with her braces.

Fairly big odds that at least "one" of the Expelled Trio will die next Future episode; now that we got the root of their conflict there's not much else they can go with it.

Also...anyone else getting goosebumps for the rest of Despair Arc? It seems pretty probable that next episode might be the one that introduces Izuru, and now that Chisa's left the class, it must mean the Despair-ening isn't too far behind...

I didn't refute that. Nagito's luck is constant through the entirety of Danganronpa 2 and in Danganronpa: Another Episode. I'm saying that, in Danganronpa 3, they're emphasising situations where his luck comes at the cost of other people's, while before that was usually not the case (obviously, there are times where it was like during Chapter 5 or for some of the antagonists in DR:AE).

Ah, gotcha, I don't know why I didn't pick up on what you meant, but rereading it makes it clear now.

Maebe

He only had about 5-6 cups of "laxative" in the dog scene though.

Wonder if it'll be explained why Seiko never ate her treats.
I feel like there's some suspicious drugs in them considering how Seiko was being used. And I think the sweets girl would be expelled either way if the doping ever was exposed.

Ekid

So if I got the chronology right there should be a timeskip of a few months soon since Junko only enters the academy the following year.
I don't see what's left to tell about the DR2 cast until whatever happen to Chiaki and their meeting with Junko.

Also IIRC the protest of the reserve course students only begin after the first killing game right ?

Yeah they got pissed they thought their crazy entrance fees were being used to create killers

seeing how Boxer refers to them and the Twilight murder being covered up its clear there was a lot of built up resentment before the killing game. They were treated like disposable dogshit and the killing game finally lit the fire.

Luigi87

Yeah my mind immediately went there. Nagito is just such a great character for the sheer insanity he can bring.

This was a really good episode. I'm thoroughly enjoying DR3 on the whole.

... also fuck Ruruka.
This episode made Seiko far more interesting than what Future arc had me see from her.

happiseiko.gif

Nagito's wild ride indeed. You can always count on him to shake things up. Even pre-despair he was a maniac, lol.

I figured this episode would cover the expulsion of the candy trio, with the blatant tease from Future. Turns out Ruruka was always a needy, whiny, manipulative and demanding bitch. And the Blacksmith has always been a servile tool for her.

Judging from Seiko's refusal of the candy, I'm guessing she picked up in the supposed addictiveness of them at some point. Probably more teasing for the Blacksmith's upcoming NG Code debacle.

UberTag

Now that the expelled/feuding trio have made their Despair arc appearance, the only Future Foundation folk who remain unaccounted for are joke character Daisaku Bandai, hero of the downtrodden The Great Gozu and the conspicuous by their absence both here AND during the Future Ep 1 conflict scenes... Ryota Mitarai (non-Imposter version) and Miaya Gekkogahara (non-android version).

Everyone else has made an appearance of some kind.

Seiko is someone I can root for now in the future arc but that basically means she's dead knowing how my luck ends with my favourites dead. i got a feeling we won't be seeing izuro significantly because they would have to introduce a whole new cast for the new game if they want to show anything worth seeing.

FluxWaveZ

Seiko is someone I can root for now in the future arc but that basically means she's dead knowing how my luck ends with my favourites dead. i got a feeling we won't be seeing izuro significantly because they would have to introduce a whole new cast for the new game if they want to show anything worth seeing.

? Are you talking about the Despair arc? We'll be seeing a lot of Izuru for sure. He could even join the class of 77 once he makes his appearance.

If you mean Future, it'd be kind of weird to see Izuru make a reappearance.

Are you referring to the first killing game? I think we'll catch glimpses of it at the very least. Especially with how they've been foreshadowing things with Chiaki. I don't think we need 15 big characters introduced to cover that.

Even if we don't see that, I think Izuru is definitely making a significant appearance. Frankly, I would be shocked if we didn't see Izuru get a fair amount of screen time.

UberTag

Izuru joining up with the rest of the class is something I very much expect. It's not like they're going to leave him in the Reserve course (where Chisa is headed) post-op. He'll have an ultimate talent now after all. They've even got a slot open thanks to Nagito's suspension. That was manufactured for a reason (to account for Nagito having not met him before DR2's boat ride). Izuru's interaction with Chiaki should prove especially compelling.

Permanently A

Ah shit, you're right. RIP in peace Seiko. You were too dorky for this world.

Despair Episode 4

FINALLY A NAGITO EPISODE.. Aww poor Chiaki, still waiting.... (also lol Chiaki you should be playing PSP) Maybe Makoto got Maizono's calendar too :p Seiko seems less annoying in this but eh. Probably most will hate Ruruka for using Seiko with the "best friends" trick but she's still fun to me #JerkCharacters Sonosuke's just there for the ride lol Wtf a bomb? Nagito just ruined the lives and friendship of those three students. Nice. That dog beast was... weird?

Daaaamn they managed to explain the incident mentioned in Makoto's novel that made Hope's Peak wary of Ultimate Luck students AND also explained the grudge between those 3 future characters. Now that Nagito and Chisa are out of the picture, Junko can come in and ruin everything.

They'll probably have all of them with the blue faceless bodies
except Chiaki

who wants to take bets on the next local man to ruin everything, or will a local woman finally step up? Junko and Monaca are primed and ready.

Luigi87

Dammit I keep thinking about this ep and how bad I feel for Seiko =(
She was actually pretty adorable before Ruruka and Not-Vash the Stampede ruined her life!

FStubbs

For Future arc, I think it's probably his forbidden action. And considering that Ruruka seems to take it pretty personal when people don't eat her sweets and she can't trust them, it could make for some conflict on that front.

Don't really care, though. They should both die.

Surprising he doesn't tell her. She's eating his beef, he should tell her why he can't eat her sweets.

well they managed to make seiko likable in despair so she's totally dead in the future then

chiaki's just triggering more death flags here

boy i love it when local man ruins everything

Nagito is too great a joker are to not be played. We haven't seen makoto go against Nagito which could be interesting. I'm expecting the remnants of despair to have some form of influence in the future series.

I would agree, but isn't he in a virtual reality death induced coma from the events of DR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom