• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the future arc really is nagito's wild ride part 2

I3Go42v.gif

it was me naegi, it was me all along naegi

aw sonofabitch!!

9tmLdKf.gif

The funny thing is even if he isn't working with the people responsible for this game he made hope and hope collide.

Nagito wanted the practical exams to be delayed for his class mates(He got it)
Nagito wanted to see Junko's despair (He got it)
Nagito wanted Junko to die so that hope could win (He got it)
Nagito wanted Monaca to be Junko 2.0 ( He got it )
Nagito wanted Hope and Hope to collide (He's getting it)

At this point, I'm pretty sure Nagito could take on reality warpers and somehow end up winning.

Nagito is the weirdest/best mary sue ever.

UberTag

i'd say it wasn't just likely, but that makoto most certainly met all the remnants of despair before putting them into the NWP.
That Makoto/Nagito chat could make Despair Arc Episode 12 especially noteworthy seeing how Future Arc will be all wrapped up at that point.
Perhaps it'll also tease something about V3.

FluxWaveZ

Well, he's met Komaru. That went about as poorly as possible.

The important distinction being that Komaru is one of the people Nagito looks down on the most, while Makoto is probably at the top of the list of the people he idolizes the most next to Junko. Komaru would have easily been influenced by despair had she met Junko, while Makoto absolutely never would have fallen to her influence.

I read Danganronpa IF. I don't think it really adds anything to Mukuro you can't get from Zero, but its inoffensive. Author was clearly upset that Kyoko was the only ship for Makoto tho, too bad cuz the other two are deaaaaaaad

Guess I'll read Ultra Despair Hagakure.

DR IF was actually offensive to me. Read like some real bad fanfiction.

The one part that was total wank was Sakura and Mukuro fighting so that Sakura could hit her and give her a scar. That's such a fanfiction thing to do. Later Mukuro goes into her combat zen mode where she's invincible and it throws in a line about her being able to fight Sakura to a standstill like that. Of course the worst fanwank has to do with fighting. I'm shocked that Mukuro didn't use her tactical genius to battle Celeste at poker or be able to match Asahina in swimming, I guess the author had to hold back on making her even more awesome. Kinda the reason I don't want to see any of the DR1 and DR2 cast meet in Despair, but I think DR3 would handle that better then side novels.

Also most of the cast did nothing but have 2 or 3 lines, but its short so I'll let that slide.

Huh? Asahina is a pretty solid ship for Makoto. She clearly cared a fair amount about him in DR1, and their interactions in 3 are great.

She gonna die too

Same. It was ridiculously dumb, with Mukuro suddenly having ninja skillz, and Mondo using the butter bike to action-hero onto the scene. It was chuuni as fuck.

Mukuro could fight insanely well in Zero so that didn't really bother me

UberTag

Huh? Asahina is a pretty solid ship for Makoto. She clearly cared a fair amount about him in DR1, and their interactions in 3 are great.
Sayaka technically counts too even though she was plotting to get him killed and wound up as the first victim.

She gonna die too
Probably. I'm not foolish enough to think Hina is impervious to death just because Monaca trolled the fuck out of Naegi once already.

The one part that was total wank was Sakura and Mukuro fighting so that Sakura could hit her and give her a scar. That's such a fanfiction thing to do. Later Mukuro goes into her combat zen mode where she's invincible and it throws in a line about her being able to fight Sakura to a standstill like that. Of course the worst fanwank has to do with fighting. I'm shocked that Mukuro didn't use her tactical genius to battle Celeste at poker or be able to match Asahina in swimming, I guess the author had to hold back on making her even more awesome. Kinda the reason I don't want to see any of the DR1 and DR2 cast meet in Despair, but I think DR3 would handle that better then side novels.

Also most of the cast did nothing but have 2 or 3 lines, but its short so I'll let that slide.

She gonna die too

Mukuro could fight insanely well in Zero so that didn't really bother me

Mukuro being able to take on Sakura makes sense though, and the overpoweredness of hers is mitigated by the fact that she says that she cannot keep it up, which is why she uses Genocide Jill as a distraction. It's a combination of her combat strength and her ability to assess the situation.

Also, Asahina ain't dyin'

Luigi87

Decided I'm gonna do quick replays of DR1 & 2...

I had completely forgotten (and didn't realize) that the opening cutscene to DR1 was of Monokuma killing Jin Kirigiri.

The thing to keep in mind is that DR If is literally fanfiction. It was written by the guy who wrote Durarara. IIRC, he was such a big fan of DR that he wrote it and sent it to Kodaka for fun, who liked it enough to stick it in DR2 as a bonus. I'm not a huge fan, but it's short, so whatever.

Ultra Despair Hagakure was a much better LN bonus.

There's also that alternate ending in DR1...

If we want to talk about bad fanfiction.

That was more of a joke, though. It was purposefully whacked out and it actually was a little funny for me.

Decided I'm gonna do quick replays of DR1 & 2...

I had completely forgotten (and didn't realize) that the opening cutscene to DR1 was of Monokuma killing Jin Kirigiri.

That was the first thing I did when I beat DR1 was to go back and see what the fuck that opening scene was about.

Thud

Obviously it was a joke ending, but it goes to show they were open to the idea.

Toko in the picture still cracks me up.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I wonder if their sex was broadcasted or if Junko cut the signal...
Probably made it pay per view

Well, they could've done it in the bathroom since if i recall, there's no surveilance camera in there.

Zetsubou hen 4

'Localmanruineverything.jpg' the anime.
Amazing how Nagito manage to cause bad blood between 3 future foundation member without him knowing it.

Acosta

Fucking Nagito strikes again :p

Really enjoying this, I am still wary of how they are going to present the "most awful, despair inducing event in mankind history". I am curious of course, but I feel it will always be bigger in my mind. But the series is great and the synergy with the other one is pretty cool.

Can I state how much I like the opening song? especially enjoy the part when Junko blows out the despairs with a smile, creepily poetic.

Luigi87

We all know that joke bad end is a fake end anyhow.
Look at that soft smile on Byakuya's face. Such a weak expression doesn't befit him!

Just T

Despair Volume: 4

Lol well fuck, Nagito got everything he wanted. This episode made me like Seiko a lot more, she really just got caught up in some foolishness. Still don't like Ruruka nor Sonosuke though, they ain't shit. And aw Chiaki misses her gaming buddy. Welp, bring on Junko.

I was honestly convinced she was the traitor in DR2 because of her lines about "Makango" and all the other wacky stuff. I thought it was just one elaborate piss take.

I think you were meant to feel that. There's a line very early that says "Well we have a Togami heir, a Kuzuryu heir and a princess so its probably one of them cuz they have money and information networks."

Also she's blond and has semi large breasts. That's why I dismissed her as not being the mastermind or traitor.

There's a lot of mastermind Sonia art out there tho

dnhEZKa.jpg

FStubbs

I think you were meant to feel that. There's a line very early that says "Well we have a Togami heir, a Kuzuryu heir and a princess so its probably one of them cuz they have money and information networks."

Also she's blond and has semi large breasts. That's why I dismissed her as not being the mastermind or traitor.

There's a lot of mastermind Sonia art out there tho

dnhEZKa.jpg

Sonia is a mastermind of some messed up stories. Just not this story.

I do remember Soda wondering how he got so obsessed with hi-spec blondes. I thought it was a reference to Junko. But now we see he was always in the tank for Sonia.

In terms of bust, I think Akane, Chiaki, and Mikan have her beat.

Sonia is a mastermind of some messed up stories. Just not this story.

I do remember Soda wondering how he got so obsessed with hi-spec blondes. I thought it was a reference to Junko. But now we see he was always in the tank for Sonia.

In terms of bust, I think Akane, Chiaki, and Mikan have her beat.

I don't know how, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nagito's luck was involved in something as small as Soda's preference for hair color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom