• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
... also fuck Ruruka.
This episode made Seiko far more interesting than what Future arc had me see from her.

happiseiko.gif

Yeah I like her a lot more now.
Which means she's likely next to die.

Just watched despair and future arc ep 4 back to back because i was away from internet this week.

OMG .. i can't stress how great the idea of alternating each storyline is for this kind of story

Trully mindblowing ...

Future arc Ep 4 :
Chairman is a boss , as expected he was hiding something , but what a surprise. As for munakata , he is indeed naive and pushed since yukizome death , but i can't help but think that the idea of a survivor traitor would be cool... it would change the perspective , especially if that traitor was a survivor of the first game. i'm ready for the despair , as long as it's not kigiri.

I guess i shouldn't be surprised that the girl faking being disabled on a wheelchair was passing around this time as a robot in a wheelchair ..i feel so stupid for not realising that now, i guess i must feel stupid given how those episodes are constantly trying to trick me.

Despair arc ep 4 :
Nagito komaeda luck is broken ..we knew that , but goddamm , this episode give ample perspective on the relationship of future arc now..damn those 3 have a lot to talk about , the fact that their futile friendship got broken so easily by nagito luck was also proof that it was on the verge of collapsing anyway.

But damn you nagito , your luck Stat is trully broken beyond repair and you have lot of issue , this isn't new , but i guess this shows that the bomb trick in DR2 was something he was familliar with.

Class 77 is now without a teacher, or is it ? i can't help but think that the teacher that will replace yukizome is going to put so much oil on the fire , it's going to be crazy.

Chiaki , is now deprived of her gaming partner , why are you so mean on chiaki ?

kewlmyc

Yeah my mind immediately went there. Nagito is just such a great character for the sheer insanity he can bring.

This was a really good episode. I'm thoroughly enjoying DR3 on the whole.

... also fuck Ruruka.
This episode made Seiko far more interesting than what Future arc had me see from her.

happiseiko.gif

She is indeed cute, at least in Despair arc. Fuck Not-Chie. Blacksmith's design is cool so I don't completely hate him.

i know we're past the bandai talk but

they should've at least had rie kugimiya attempt a burly man voice for him instead of a rie kugimiya voice

im just sayin

Of the Class 76 trio, Blacksmith's going to be the first to go. He has no personality, he's just a satellite to the conflict between Ruruka and Seiko, and he's being way too nonchalant about his obvious NG code when his girlfriend takes offense to people who don't desire her sweets. He's a goner.

The pharmacist is an alright character, but those two others she's associated with are awful, and not just as people. Just real boring, really annoying in any scene they're involved in. Seiko was basically being used by her since they've known each other under the guise of "best friends." Wonder if it'll be explained why Seiko never ate her treats.
I'm willing to bet that she can not digest her treats ( did you look at her breath ? She's probably got issues she can't talk about )

Perfect

So we still haven't seen the following characters in Despair:

Daisaku Bandai
Great Gozu
Miaya Gekkogahara
Ryota Mitarai

This has me wondering, will one of these characters fill in as the new teacher? Ryota obviously couldn't, but I could see one of those three being the teacher; I do not expect that the new teacher will just be nobody. Aside from the teacher angle, I'm really curious whether Bandai will have a major role in the Despair arc, since he received the least development of any of the new characters.

FStubbs

So we still haven't seen the following characters in Despair:

Daisaku Bandai
Great Gozu
Miaya Gekkogahara
Ryota Mitarai

This has me wondering, will one of these characters fill in as the new teacher? Ryota obviously couldn't, but I could see one of those three being the teacher; I do not expect that the new teacher will just be nobody. Aside from the teacher angle, I'm really curious whether Bandai will have a major role in the Despair arc, since he received the least development of any of the new characters.

But Ryota's been in every episode of Despair so far! :D

I already liked Bandai more then Leon, lol

UberTag

Of the Class 76 trio, Blacksmith's going to be the first to go. He has no personality, he's just a satellite to the conflict between Ruruka and Seiko, and he's being way too nonchalant about his obvious NG code when his girlfriend takes offense to people who don't desire her sweets. He's a goner.
I don't disagree with you but are they really setting up Future Ep 5 to be a bloodbath with Tengan dying from his injuries, Izayoi dying from unsolicited candy ingestion and the killer offing someone else during the next designated naptime period which is just minutes away?

Maybe this is silly of me, but I didn't expect to be seeing these three characters in the despair arc episodes (I think it's just my own fuzziness of where some of the future arc characters fit into the series). Seiko was an early standout and a good episode for her.

Oh btw did anyone else notice the "when hope and hope collide, I want to be there!" line from Nagito?

That's obviously Munakata and Makoto. The Servant is surely involved in the DR3 Future game somehow. Maybe he's in the helicopter?

You're totally right about this.

Breads

Banned
Found some time today and I caught up the last two weeks I missed.

Despair arc didn't feature the characters I wanted to see but I still found it compelling.

Future arc became inexplicably badass but besides that I'm not particularly intrigued by the story. It's just a fun watch. Pretty sure they wanted me to feel something from the Monaca Reveal though considering how it punctuated the episode. It didn't do shit for me. I think most people called it just from the bangs/ immobility alone.

I don't disagree with you but are they really setting up Future Ep 5 to be a bloodbath with Tengan dying from his injuries, Izayoi dying from unsolicited candy ingestion and the killer offing someone else during the next designated naptime period which is just minutes away?

Not outside the realm of possibility; we didn't see anyone die in Future 4.

Oh btw did anyone else notice the "when hope and hope collide, I want to be there!" line from Nagito?

That's obviously Munakata and Makoto. The Servant is surely involved in the DR3 Future game somehow. Maybe he's in the helicopter?

Nah, I don't see Nagito doing something like shoot at Hagakure like the guy in the helicopter did. I expect that he would also not shoot at Hagakure insomuch as despite everything, he does admire symbols of Hope (and likely views the six of them as being those symbols). I think it's possible that Nagito is somehow involved, but I do not think that it's him in the helicopter. I'm almost positive that the person in the helicopter is Haiji, bent on stopping Monaca (and because he is so bent on it, he will kill anyone who he even suspects may be a threat).

The real thing I just thought about though

When are we going to see the Great Gozu's face

Seiko got along with Teruteru. She would have gotten involved in something nasty eventually :p if anything Nagito saved her life from Hope's Peak tragic incident, unlike most of her classmates who probably ended up dead.
Daaaamn they managed to explain the incident mentioned in Makoto's novel that made Hope's Peak wary of Ultimate Luck students.
Found the text about it!
Nice find!

Rich!

I personally think blacksmith will die next episode from a forced candy injection (maybe he falls asleep and ruruka sees a chance?) And that will bring Seiko and ruruka together

But I also feel Seiko is far too OP for the series...so signs point towards her being killed next, as the blackout timer runs out again next episode too.

I personally think blacksmith will die next episode from a forced candy injection (maybe he falls asleep and ruruka sees a chance?) And that will bring Seiko and ruruka together

But I also feel Seiko is far too OP for the series...so signs point towards her being killed next, as the blackout timer runs out again next episode too.

Eh, they had Genocide Jack and Akane survive to the end, and they are pretty tough. Seiko is definitely OP, but we do know that the drugs wear off eventually, and judging by her consumption, they probably all got used.

I'll be mighty disappointed if they killed off the strangest new character that's still alive.

Rich!

I don't want Seiko to die purely because of the hope of a ultra despair girls 2 with her and Toko playable

By platinum

Nightbird

With this level of luck that Nagito has, I could totally believe that the chamber he lied inside during DR2 had a malfunction around his death, so that unlike all other U's he didn't became comatose, or at least not on a level as severe as the other ones

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
With this level of luck that Nagito has, I could totally believe that the chamber he lied inside during DR2 had a malfunction around his death, so that unlike all other U's he didn't became comatose, or at least not on a level as severe as the other ones

Very plausible.

Maybe he already escaped...

I'm surprised some people think the Blacksmith is the next to go, especially via NG Code. I think they're going to force him and Ruruka to have to try and deal with his addictions without the one person who could help them. Unless they brought up the addiction thing for shits and giggles in famitsu and on the website, I think we're going to see him jonesing for confections.

Besides, this is DR. The one you like is most likely going to die, and of that trio Seiko is the best by miles.

FluxWaveZ

I'm surprised some people think the Blacksmith is the next to go, especially via NG Code. I think they're going to force him and Ruruka to have to try and deal with his addictions without the one person who could help them. Unless they brought up the addiction thing for shits and giggles in famitsu and on the website, I think we're going to see him jonesing for confections.

This addiction thing is being brought up a lot, but isn't it just a character description to emphasize just how much Ruruka's sweets taste great? Like Teruteru's cooking. Blacksmith guy has had no problem rejecting her offer multiple times now, and I don't think his inner struggle with a desire to eat her confections compared to his desire to live will actually be a plot point.

This addiction thing is being brought up a lot, but isn't it just a character description to emphasize just how much Ruruka's sweets taste great? Like Teruteru's cooking. Blacksmith guy has had no problem rejecting her offer multiple times now, and I don't think his inner struggle with a desire to eat her confections compared to his desire to live will actually be a plot point.

I see what you're saying, but don't you think it's suspect that Seiko refused to even try her confections at all this episode? Is it really going to come down to her not wanting to eat it because of her braces?

FluxWaveZ

I see what you're saying, but don't you think it's suspect that Seiko refused to even try her confections at all this episode? Is it really going to come down to her not wanting to eat it because of her braces?

Yeah, that's true, I do think there was an implication to that that'll be made explicit in the future. Considering that and the addiction issue, I guess I could see it being explored in the Future arc.

I'm open to the idea that Seiko wasn't eating Ruruka's sweets because of something else, though.

Thud

Yeah, that's true, I do think there was an implication to that that'll be made explicit in the future. Considering that and the addiction issue, I guess I could see it being explored in the Future arc.

I'm open to the idea that Seiko wasn't eating Ruruka's sweets because of something else, though.

Willing to bet that Seiko has braces because of her sweets. Sounds like they had a past before attending Hope's Peak Academy.

The_Kid

I sort of feel like Ruruka is going to run away from Sonosuke or something and get herself killed. We see how much Seiko ignoring her confections bugs her despite not being the best of friends, Sonosuke ignoring them for so long is obviously going to hurt her at some point. And then there is the constant line about "Betray others but not me." She is going to lose trust and run off and die or something. XD

Rich!

I think you can pass that as being a subconscious thing. Its hardly important anyway

It's more of just a neat fan Easter egg

Oh also, as noted in the CRT gaming thread, I have had nothing but bad luck since I changed my avatar to nagito. My £280 framemeister import is lost in the post, for example and earlier I dropped my less than a month old huawei p9 phone and cracked it.

Fuck nagito

Nagito's luck is so OP wtf pls nerf
This week's Despair episode was fun if a tad silly.

Its funny because in the end Nagito ends up influencing more Despair then everyone minus Junko, Mukuro and Izuru.

- Was a terrorist multiple times before Despair mode
- Got three promising students kicked out of Hope's Peak
- Kills himself in an extremely convoluted and brutal way half to punish himself and half to kill the rest of his despair cohorts and ends up killing the one person who was on the good side
- Influenced kids to murder their parents
- Influenced Junko 2.0 so the fourth killing game is probably his fault

Bravo Hopeman

Its funny because in the end Nagito ends up influencing more Despair then everyone minus Junko, Mukuro and Izuru.

- Kills himself in an extremely convoluted and brutal way half to punish himself and half to kill the rest of his despair cohorts and ends up killing the one person who was on the good side

Bravo Hopeman

All for the sake of watching a brighter hope ...that's dedication allright

FluxWaveZ

why would she wear that mask everyday if she didn't have something going on with her breath ?

I'm pretty sure it's for any or a combination of these reasons:

1. Fashion style
2. Hide her braces (self-conscious person)
3. Ultimate Pharmacist. She handles toxic substances on a regular basis and that's her protection.

Something going on with her breath is a pretty out there theory.

Healthcare professionals of all varieties wear masks like that all the time. Japanese people wear them in public too, both for stylistic and health related reasons. It also adds a level of interest to her design to include the mask.

I really, really like Seiko

10. Aoi Asahina
9. Nekomaru Nidai
8. Kazuichi Soda
7. Toko Fukawa
6. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
5. Sakura Ogami
4. Seiko Kimura
3. Nagito Komaeda
2. Chiaki Nanami
1. Ibuki Mioda

Honorable mentions:

Mukuro Ikusaba
Mahiru Koizumi
Juzo Sakakura

Bravo Hopeman

The funny thing is even if he isn't working with the people responsible for this game he made hope and hope collide.

Nagito wanted the practical exams to be delayed for his class mates(He got it)
Nagito wanted to see Junko's despair (He got it)
Nagito wanted Junko to die so that hope could win (He got it)
Nagito wanted Monaca to be Junko 2.0 ( He got it )
Nagito wanted Hope and Hope to collide (He's getting it)

At this point, I'm pretty sure Nagito could take on reality warpers and somehow end up winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom