• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

The only ones who I reasonably think could still be alive are The Great Gozu and Chisa. I really, REALLY hope it turns out that The Great Gozu is the mastermind, because:

1. It'd shock all of his fans
2. It'd be a huge table turn for those expecting a corpse to not be a corpse, but be wrong about which corpse it is

That said, you will not catch me complaining about Seiko secretly being alive.

I hope its not a "I faked my death" thing again, since that echo's Junko way to much (Then again, everything post DR1 is basically "Junko planned it all along",or people obsessed with her)

But if it is, it will probably be Chisa.

Capndrake

I'm really curious if (Killer Killer manga spoilers)
one of the naptime deaths is gonna be fake, with their body double just being created by the Ultimate Make-up Artist

Eumi

I honestly feel like half the cast are in on it. Tenga obviously knew, so it wouldn't surprise me if others did.

That's the real plot twist, Narukami isn't crazy and everyone does need to die.

Nightbird

Imagine if you dedicated yourself to a single thing, in this case baking, make a friend you really like and they won't recognise your passion in any way whatsoever. Then imagine that you had reason to believe this person sabotaged you so you'd get expelled from the place to pursue your passion.

She has tons of reason to be pissed. She's just also wrong, but we only know that because we're the audience.

She could have also...i don't know...bake stuff that wouldn't kill her friend?

It doesn't seem like she ever even attempted to do anything else for her than her usual stuff.

MANUELF

Banned
So everyone who has died in the future arc was simpathetic to the DR1 cast right?
That means the next one will be Miss Despair Robot

Eumi

She could have also...i don't know...bake stuff that wouldn't kill her friend?

It doesn't seem like she ever even attempted to do anything else for her than her usual stuff.
Oh I'm convinced she doesn't believe it'll kill her.

You know, because she's a selfish bitch.

Just want to save this for posterity

Great Gozu is the killer, Koichi is the mastermind

And holy shit Koichi absolutely DOES have Mukuro's eyes. I'm entirely convinced that he is their father.

Permanently A

Imagine if you dedicated yourself to a single thing, in this case baking, make a friend you really like and they won't recognise your passion in any way whatsoever. Then imagine that you had reason to believe this person sabotaged you so you'd get expelled from the place to pursue your passion.

She has tons of reason to be pissed. She's just also wrong, but we only know that because we're the audience.

I mean she's wrong from her perspective too. Seiko straight up told her she would die if she ate sweets. Like what more do you want?

lmao I just realized she doesn't say she can't have sweets, only that she can't have sugar

why not make some sugar free sweets god damn

If the writer had noticed that they would've made Ruruka spout some bs about how she's some sugar-filled sweets purist, somehow making it even dumber than just ignoring it.

UberTag

If it ends up being Chisa it will be a bit weird considering they "spoiled" it themselves with Despair 1.
Sometimes it's fun to hide things in plain sight.

Koichi_accuses_Miaya_to_be_the_traitor.png

What I find weird about Chisa death is that she was clearly awake (and cried) when she was killed when she was supposed to be asleep.
There are a lot of things "off" about that first death. Although I'm even more perplexed by Kyoko's observation of the missing gouges in the wall now that it seems clear they're still in the same building and haven't been moved while Hiro is having fun dodging artillery outside (as that latest attack toppled the bookshelf revealing the hidden entrance to Izayoi).

The only other explanation I can think of that's plausible is that there's a similar secret compartment in the conference wall of the revolving wall/door variety and the non-gouged side of the wall wound up facing the conference room during the first gassing window when Chisa was killed.

I wonder how Munakata got Seiko's drug.
We're supposed to assume he killed her and stole it off her corpse.
What's more likely is that he always had it and she gave it to him because she clearly trusted him for coming to her aid and giving her a home post-expulsion from Hope's Peak.

Rich!

If it's the same building and there's no time skip...which now seems to be the case due to the Yasuhiro/bookcase scene...what the fuck happened to the building? How did it suddenly turn from a high tech and well maintained series of rooms in peak condition into a serious state of disrepair? Where did the monokuma monitors come from? Where did the marks in the wall in the conference room disappear to, and why was Kyoko shown to notice?

Something really fucking weird is happening here.

Permanently A

If it's the same building and there's no time skip...which now seems to be the case due to the Yasuhiro/bookcase scene...what the fuck happened to the building? How did it suddenly turn from a high tech and well maintained series of rooms in peak condition into a serious state of disrepair? Where did the monokuma monitors come from? Where did the marks in the wall in the conference room disappear to, and why was Kyoko shown to notice?

A time skip is possible. We don't know how long they were initially knocked out for. The only thing we do know is that Hagakure and the helicopter is outside the building the game is being played in.

Rich!

A time skip is possible. We don't know how long they were initially knocked out for. The only thing we do know is that Hagakure and the helicopter is outside the building the game is being played in.

But...a time skip to the extent that it takes to completely change the interiors of the building?

Hagakure would have left weeks before and gone to get a new crystal ball/smoke weed

UberTag

But...a time skip to the extent that it takes to completely change the interiors of the building?

Hagakure would have left weeks before and gone to get a new crystal ball/smoke weed
The one alternate explanation would be that there's just editing chicanery going on and while it was inferred to us that the helicopter attack prompted the building to shake and knock the bookshelf over when it's a completely unrelated explosion or event that prompted said shaking and Hiro really is outside of a different building than where the game is being played or there was a time skip.

Of course, that would be really cheap.

I can buy the damage to the building interior being committed during the initial gas attack. The absence of damage on the wall was the real puzzle but I can explain that away with a revolving wall secret compartment. And we now know this building has secret rooms.

Eumi

It may well be something we're not supposed to think about. Remember, UDG introduced mecha into this world. Give them an hour and they could probably raze the tower and build a new one in its place.

It's probably more likely however that the monitors were always there and just hidden. Remember that Tenga is in on it to some degree, this could have been planned months in advance.

DNAbro

I'm still of the opinion that Yasuhiro is purely a fake out for viewers.

I wonder if Chisa was corrupted like the rest of her class by Junko.

Maybe Tengan accused her of being part of the plot and that made Munakata angry; he ignored Tengan's bracelet because he can't accept Chisa being a traitor.

So here's a quick drive-by question as I try to avoid the spoilers all around me--

If I was going to binge these two shows once they're done airing, is there some insane yet gratifying reason to purposeful alternate watching future and despair episodes, instead of just watching all of one then the other?

That seems like something crazy and bizarre he would do.

Permanently A

So here's a quick drive-by question as I try to avoid the spoilers all around me--

If I was going to binge these two shows once they're done airing, is there some insane yet gratifying reason to purposeful alternate watching future and despair episodes, instead of just watching all of one then the other?

pm'd in case you bailed from the thread

yes you watch future, then despair and keep alternating.

Hiyoko totally got murdered in DR2 though.

kind of a fluke since fuyuhiko was supposed to die instead of hiyoko and she was on the cusp of getting her character development

there are characters in future that end up getting more development in despair which feed back into the next future episode for the payoff. The current episode for instance finished/continued a storyline that had the groundwork laid for it in despair

so yes you're supposed to watch them alternating.

Rich!

My new theory based on the twitter spoiler above

Kirigiri isn't allowed to touch the bodies. Why? Because they're all alive. Seiko's drugs to keep them in a near dead state, maybe? One dies, they switch, move around.

But uh...that theory makes no sense. I mean, what does?

h0tp0ck3t

My new theory based on the twitter spoiler above

Kirigiri isn't allowed to touch the bodies. Why? Because they're all alive. Seiko's drugs to keep them in a near dead state, maybe? One dies, they switch, move around.

But uh...that theory makes no sense. I mean, what does?

Well the opening theme is called Dead or Lie so maybe not too far off?

Permanently A

The attacker alternates
theory makes sense to me because there isn't a lot that could make Munakata react like that. Only hearing his name, Juzo's name or Chisa's name would do that I think. I really doubt they will rehash DR1's twist so its only Juzo and Munakata. Munakata would be a rehash of Genocider since he obviously doesn't know he's the traitor. Juzo is too much of an asshole to be a good traitor. So we're left with the above theory. Its also ties into the conversation Munakata and Tengan had. Tengan is saying war isn't the way to solve the problem because he realizes
everyone is a potential killer.
Munakata replies that his resolve isn't shaken and I assume
he's now prepared to kill everyone.

Seiko dying... I'm sad, but I'm not that shocked. It seemed rather obvious after that despair episode that she was going to be the next out. I liked her a lot, but I had time to brace myself.

I didn't think Tengan could top his badassery from last week and then he went and did it. Damn that's one impressive old man.

Sonosuke going and finding Monaca would be somewhat hilarious to me. I guess it would give him time to operate and do something other than be Ruruka's lapdog.

All sorts of self-esteem and self-perception issues going on there that weren't really explored in the way they could be, because it was mostly about Seiko all the time.

Izayoi is absolute cardboard, though. He is currently the least interesting member, by far, out of the entire cast.

Assuming they have her meet up with her lapdog again, I have a feeling these issues will bubble to the surface again.

If she was that psychotic that she absolutely needed Seiko to eat her candy even though it would've killed her, it'll be interesting to she how she copes with Sonosuke's NG Code.

As far as the disrepair goes, we had 3-4 helicopters firing missiles at the building. Even the Ultimate Architect would have trouble building something that wouldn't look screwed to hell after that.

If things are in the same building, we could've waited a few hours for them to set things up. If they had the Monokuma kids rush, I guess it's possible. Still, there is that tease with the wall.

iU9nV4D.jpg

Jyuu ge ki sha wa i re ka wa ru

The attacker alternates.

I need proof, but I suppose it checks out with the intent of making the Future Foundation a fool of themselves,
as a moving target would be useless to identify and make the killings (aside from those made by the traitors) look like insecure children trying to protect themselves instead of the leaders of the organization in charge of restoring the world
. But I still wonder how would that play with the whole Munakara ordeal in this episode.

Alas, this still rings true.

FStubbs

Koichi is the mastermind

I've solidified my views on this

He's the Super High School-Level Scout. Therefore, his scouting talents are off the charts, right? He should be able to detect the skills of any entrant. For instance, Koichi could detect Mukuro's and Junko's Super High School-Level Despair. In which case, why would he allow them into the school?

If my read of DR0 is correct, despair was considered a talent too.

FluxWaveZ

If the killer alternated, what exactly is forcing the killer to kill someone else? The implication that they will be killed if they don't murder anyone else during the night phase? But the conversation between Makoto and Yu implied that the killer could just stop at any moment and the game would end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom