• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

"The strawberry seed only shows its face three times."

zBIKV8x.jpg

Seiko :(

I should just stop liking characters in Danganronpa, they'll always end up dead while the complete assholes (Juzo, Ruruka, useless blacksmith, Yu Narukami) get to live on.

On the bright side, Yu Narukami's into Despair is definitely going to shake things up in a good way? I just hope he kills a motherfucker soon.
He just killed Tengan and might have killed Seiko given how he has her medicine.

UberTag

How Tengang said that Yu "sacrificed" Yukizome was interesting. Wonder if that's actually meaningful. Plus, the dude had Seiko's drugs right after she died.
Both of those revelations (along with the fact that Tengan couldn't lie due to his NG code) are clearly intended to make us conclude that Munakata is the traitor/nap time killer. I'm still not biting on that one, though. Hashing out what he meant by Chisa's sacrifice will take some doing, though. Could have easily referred to a sacrifice that predated Future episode 1 and not the fact that she died.

Nightbird

I'm gonna guess Tengan lied to Munakata. He died seconds after his answer so there's no way to tell if the poison actually hit him or not. And there's also the question of why Tengan wouldn't tell everyone if he actually knew the mastermind's identity.

Nah, wouldn't the bracelet started beeping once you do your forbidden action?

FluxWaveZ

I suspect these will still be explored down the road. Izayoi isn't exactly eating her treats any more, either... although we've logically come to the realization that's likely his NG code. That said, there's no reason for Ruruka to interpret that as any different than Seiko refusing them due to a severe life-threatening allergy. Chick's got a damaged psyche.

Yeah, that's true. I do still think that Izayoi not being able to eat her sweets will be an important plot point, especially in the wake of Seiko's death.

Both of those revelations (along with the fact that Tengan couldn't lie due to his NG code) are clearly intended to make us conclude that Munakata is the traitor/nap time killer. I'm still not biting on that one, though. Hashing out what he meant by Chisa's sacrifice will take some doing, though. Could have easily referred to a sacrifice that predated Future episode 1 and not the fact that she died.

I feel that it might be a red herring, given Munakata's previous motivations. Then again, I'm not totally sure what his objective even is anymore. If he was the killer, he could have not killed anyone during any night phase and the game would have been over. What would make me think he's the killer is if there was an actual traitor within Future Foundation (who wasn't the killer), and Munakata's goal as the designated killer was to hunt them down.

I suppose that could be the case for Chisa, depending on where the Despair arc goes.

Nah, wouldn't the bracelet started beeping once you do your forbidden action?

Yeah, I don't think Tengan lied there. Plus, his reactions make it clear that he wasn't pulling off a sacrificial move there and that he was planning to go on living. And then Yu freaked the fuck out and slashed his neck, which took him by surprise.

Thud

Izayoi is absolute cardboard, though. He is currently the least interesting member, by far, out of the entire cast.

I wonder about that. Seems like he's going places.

We assumed his forbidden action is he can't eat sweets, but he chose a modified gun over a sword. He found a door similar to previous danganronpa games. Maybe he'll meet Monaca there.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder about that. Seems like he's going places.

We assumed his forbidden action is he can't eat sweets, but he chose a modified gun over a sword. He found a door similar to previous danganronpa games. Maybe he'll meet Monaca there.

Unless there's some serious character development beforehand, it'll be real unfortunate if Izayoi—out of every single possible other character—is the one who comes across Monaca first.

T-Rex.

Banned
Future #5

Hina's loyalty game too strong. She's great. Also I don't believe Tengen was lying cos he still struggled afterwards when Munakata went in for the kill, and if he was going to suicide by bracelet then it doesn't really make that much sense why he'd do that. Well, unless he was trying to take him down with him but I don't see it that way.

kewlmyc

The only way that makes sense is if he has multiple personality disorder.

Though, considering that's happened before, I wouldn't but it past this series. In fact, it makes sense why Munakata would be so shocked at who the killer is if it was actually him this whole time.

FluxWaveZ

The only way that makes sense is if he has multiple personality disorder.

Though, considering that's happened before, I wouldn't but it past this series. In fact, it makes sense why Munakata would be so shocked at who the killer is if it was actually him this whole time.

I think shoving the issue behind multiple personalities would be incredibly weak. Would at least explain why Yu decided to kill Tengan like that, though.

Edit: Plus, if that was the case, the "good" personality Yu could just kill himself.

UberTag

The folks on Reddit updated their DR3 character/death chart... non-DR1 returnee roster isn't holding up so well.

3FERGefjXfuKIXd-J-mmkAZ0O3KkhbXXPQALmJy2KN0.png

I tried to count the syllables when Tengan revealed the mastermind, but it turned to be way more confusing than I thought. I think it's someone whose first name is longer than last name though.

Future 5: Fucking hell that escalated quickly, killed my favourite character from the new cast off and then the old man that was so badass in the past episode or two. Officially heading into despair land at this point.

So based on the extra scene at the end could we assume that Munakata is the attacker based on him going nuts this time around?
Guessing despair arc this week may be related to the Kamakura project.

The folks on Reddit updated their DR3 character/death chart... non-DR1 returnee roster isn't holding up so well.

3FERGefjXfuKIXd-J-mmkAZ0O3KkhbXXPQALmJy2KN0.png

Looking at that, who else can realistically die at this point? DR1 cast? Probably none of them given the Asahina fakeout. Ruruka? Completely detestable, so she'll survive. Asshole boxer? Same, he'll at least reach near the end. Kouichi? We know nothing about him, not likely to die any time soon. Blacksmith dude? Probably. Ryouta? Would seem likely, but he's hanging around Kirigiri so much that he seems safe. Miaya? Plot armour. Yu Narukami? Obviously will be antagonist until the end.

Poor Seiko . Best girl gone
Aside from the DR1 survivors. All the characters i like are dead. as expected.
Guess i can watch without caring about DR3 characters dying now

I really hope that Ruruka dies, what a bitch.

But she won't die.

She'll survive. After triggering her boyfriend's code of course.

DNAbro

What did Tengen say?
What's behind the door?
Did Yu go full despair?

Find out next time on DR3.

Upset at Seiko's death. They did a great job developing her across the two series. If for some reason someone isn't watching both, this kind of proves how necessary it is.

One thing that I've been noticing is that Monokuma is surprisingly absent and barely had any interaction with the cast, I guess this may be because Monaca also controls him, meaning she has very little time to control both Monomi/Gekkogahara and Monokuma but even so it's weird to see him having almost no interaction with the cast

Also, I'm pretty sure Monaca controls Monokuma because Monokuma talks directly to Naegi in the first episode and in this episode Monaca says she wants to have some more fun with him, so she's definitely the one that planed the killing game and not an outsider like some were saying

One thing that I've been noticing is that Monokuma is surprisingly absent and barely had any interaction with the cast, I guess this may be because Monaca also controls him, meaning she has very little time to control both Monomi/Gekkogahara and Monokuma but even so it's weird to see him having almost no interaction with the cast

Also, I'm pretty sure Monaca controls Monokuma because Monokuma talks directly to Naegi in the first episode and in this episode Monaca says she wants to have some more fun with him, so she's definitely the one that planed the killing game and not an outsider like some were saying

The thing is, unlike the previous games, there are people here who are far too willing to start murdering each other. Before, monokuma had to force/tempt people in to murdering, where he hasn't hear, so I think that's why the interactions are minimal so far.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think this is an inductive argument. Even if Monaca was controlling Monokuma and she was the one talking directly to Makoto, there could still be someone else behind it.

It'd be analogous to DR:AE. Monaca's objective was actually to turn Komaru into the new Ultimate Despair, messing around with her but not ever wanting to kill her so Komaru could ultimately become Junko's successor. Even though this might have seemed like it was all her doing, we know that it wasn't and that Nagito actually planned the whole thing out for Komaru to destroy Monaca's plans. He was the actual mastermind behind Komaru's development, not Monaca.

TWILT

Banned
That was certainly an entertaining episode, but yeah, really didn't care for the Seiko/Ruruka conflict. Not that surprised to see the former get killed off. Curious what Tengan said to trigger Narukami so hard. That shot at the end...

Can't wait for the next episode. Kyosuke seems kind of like a red herring for the traitor right now and I feel even more confident saying that Monaca is definitely not the mastermind here.

Demoli

I still think ruruka will turn on Blacksmith within the next 2 episodes.

Traitor is probably either Chisa or Yu it feels, but Yu feels to obvious and Chisa would be a repeat twist. Who knows?

All i know is Ruruka worst girl.

Great Brozu
Bad ass old man
Seiko

We sure Future isn't actually the despair arc? This isn't fair.

I was half expecting Blacksmith to bring out unlimited blade works on Seiko for a minute, he was giving me some big Archer vibes.

I don't really like when shows play that card where they don't tell you what the person is saying,(in this instance by turning off the sound) feels like such a cheap artificial way of keeing the mystery going.

Sweets girl is fucking ridiculous, Seiko can't eat your food because she'll literally fucking die, what the hell is wrong with this girl, pure insanity.

I hope that Ruruka dies next. I'd sooner see Izayoi turn into an interesting character. I just don't like her, and it's made all the worse given that Seiko was my favorite new character (and one of my favorites in general).

So am I the only one who caught that Munakata had a child when Tengan was injured, and likely abandoned that child to save Tengan?

Overall I am actually quite glad to see that Munakata is not even pretending to be a good guy anymore. He looked beyond the Despair Event Horizon and can't look back.

The only way to kill Sweets girl is if we all start liking her and she becomes a big popular character before next week

I was thinking "what if sweets girl is the killer? That'd be a good way to have her killed," but they would have Munakata wouldn't be alive anymore

So the killer cannot be:

1. Izayoi (would have killed Munakata)
2. Ruruka (would have killed Munakata)
3. Munakata (if he killed the Great Gozu, he'd also have access to Makoto)
4. Juzo (a bit too obvious)
5. Hagakure (no watch)
6. Gekkogahara (robot)
7. Makoto (eh, I'm not assuming a killer protagonist for this story)

That's my take, anyway. Which leaves us with:

1. Asahina (which would suck for both the intrigue and sadness that Asahina would be a killer)
2. Kyoko (which would suck, but be kind of interesting)
3. Ryota (we don't know anything about him, and the reason why he's being impersonated is not clear)
4. Koichi (he's obviously suspicious)

Of course, this operates on the assumption that the killer is someone who is alive. Of whom, I think these are the only reasonable suspects:

1. Chisa (for obvious reasons)
2. Great Gozu (not only is he one of the only characters we know nothing about, the show has not once made a point of calling attention to this fact)

I'm not even convinced Seiko's dead yet. Unless Hina is the only one getting her death faked, I think we're still gonna see more of that.

pbayne

Future 5

That sub-plot got way more time than i thought it would. Vash the Blacksmith looks like he might actually do something now too. Lol at everything crazy happening and Kyoko not giving a shit and just investigating instead.

Can't wait for next week to see full
punished Big Boss
Yu Narukami.

Eumi

That sub plot with the trio was actually much better than I'd have expected. All three of them are super justified in being huge assholes to each other.

Ruruka's probably gonna flip when she finds out Seiko actually died. I'm pretty sure she didn't really want to kill her, or else she'd have done it already and wouldn't have let her turn down her first ultimatum to eat her sweets.

Kinda feel like she could be my favourite character by the end of this. She seems like an end game character what with being kind of useless, and normally people who make it to the end go through some pretty significant character development.

UberTag

I'm not even convinced Seiko's dead yet. Unless Hina is the only one getting her death faked, I think we're still gonna see more of that.
My assumption on the Hina fake death is that Monaca perpetrated that charade explicitly to keep Hina alive and not targeted by the killer.

Of course, this begs the question why she didn't protect Makoto in a similar fashion as he would assumingly be even more at risk.
Unless, of course, he's the killer himself and she's aware of this but Makoto ISN'T.

The more logical assumption is that she just wanted to mess with Makoto by making him think Hina was dead for a brief second.

As for what her rationale was in that decision, she stated in this week's episode that she needed them to run away from engaging Juzo and Seiko because she "still needed THEM to entertain her". Apparently she doesn't find Juzo or Seiko as entertaining as the guy who espouses hope getting carted around by the donut-loving swimmer girl.

The clearest indication to me that Seiko is legitimately dead is that she shares a commonality with the two previous "nap time" murder victims. As with both Chisa and the Great Gozu, her lifeless body was suspended in mid-air. This can't be dismissed as coincidence any longer as it speaks to a clear trend of "presenting" the victims as sacrifices that seems wholly extravagant given the stated rules of the killing game. There's no inherent need for this added bit of flair to be done and yet it is.

Koichi is the only one that seems like he wants to be there.
Yeah, he seems to find all of this quite entertaining, doesn't he? Monaca's clearly having a blast herself.

Eumi

wat

I'm having a hard time seeing how Ruruka isn't a straight up bitch for no reason
Imagine if you dedicated yourself to a single thing, in this case baking, make a friend you really like and they won't recognise your passion in any way whatsoever. Then imagine that you had reason to believe this person sabotaged you so you'd get expelled from the place to pursue your passion.

She has tons of reason to be pissed. She's just also wrong, but we only know that because we're the audience.

The trio's story is poster child Japanese storyteling folly for me. Really interesting ideas such as coming to terms with your entire life's work being rejected by your friend despite it being out of their control written so goofily/simply that it doesn't work. Danganronpa isn't exactly the most appropriate venue for going for groundedness, but it certainly didn't help to make me care about these weirdos running around trying to step on each other's shadows and eat each other's jolly ranchers.

So, Chisa is the traitor, right? Only two people could've made Munakata have as strong as a reaction as he did, which are Juzo and Chisa being the remnant of despair that he's been fighting. And considering the mystery surrounding Chisa's body, her connections to the remnants of despair, her showing up in that theater in Despair 1, the evidence is really piling up.

The only ones who I reasonably think could still be alive are The Great Gozu and Chisa. I really, REALLY hope it turns out that The Great Gozu is the mastermind, because:

1. It'd shock all of his fans
2. It'd be a huge table turn for those expecting a corpse to not be a corpse, but be wrong about which corpse it is

That said, you will not catch me complaining about Seiko secretly being alive.

I'm still not convinced Seiko's death isn't faked. If it is, it means that there was another death that was faked during the first killing.
And it'll be revealed to be Junko's death that was faked during DR1 cause I wouldn't put it past them.

Imagine if you dedicated yourself to a single thing, in this case baking, make a friend you really like and they won't recognise your passion in any way whatsoever. Then imagine that you had reason to believe this person sabotaged you so you'd get expelled from the place to pursue your passion.

She has tons of reason to be pissed. She's just also wrong, but we only know that because we're the audience.
the problem is she knows full well that Seiko can't eat her food because she'd die, she has no ground to stand on.

Koichi is the mastermind

I've solidified my views on this

He's the Super High School-Level Scout. Therefore, his scouting talents are off the charts, right? He should be able to detect the skills of any entrant. For instance, Koichi could detect Mukuro's and Junko's Super High School-Level Despair. In which case, why would he allow them into the school?

Koichi is the mastermind

He's the Super High School-Level Scout. Therefore, his scouting talents are off the charts, right? He should be able to detect the skills of any entrant. For instance, Koichi could detect Mukuro's and Junko's Super High School-Level Despair. In which case, why would he allow them into the school?

He's got Mukuro's eyes and Junko's hair color and curls

Papa Despair confirmed

Koichi is the mastermind

Koichi is just an scout, he's not the Ultimate Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom