• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

That episode was fucking insane.

But really it was just a bit of fun before the real shit hits next episode - the start of which we saw in the final scene with Kyoko and munakata approaching...

finally watched the episode after finishing UDG

welp....ok then

Monaca must've gotten a real bad reception for her to be turned into a joke after the shit she did in UDG, that girl was Satan.

I loved that it was Nagito talking like a crazy lunatic that made her sick of all this hope and despair crap.

Just T

Future Volume: 7

There are a number of things I didn't like in UDG but overall I enjoyed it and really liked the building of Komaru and Toko's friendship so this episode was nice to jump back to that setting. Things with Monaca ended more easily and humorous than I expected though.

As for that ending, sigh who could it be. Don't think it will be Toko since she's in Towa still, could be Yasuhiro but since he's treated as such a joke doubt it will be him too, they already did an Asahina fake out so probably won't be her. Could be Togami, no telling how the situation on the island is with Izuru and if the others are in Despair mode too that might not turn out well. Kirigiri isn't in the best situation tbh but don't think it's going to go down like that. Now Naegi, if it was him I could see it going down two ways, the first being breaking his NG code to save Kirigiri, second being he takes himself out like the opening shows and how Munakata keeps suggesting. Hopefuly it doesn't come to that though, he is my favorite DR character.

Ah, guess you could count Izuru too if you wanted to get technical.

FluxWaveZ

That episode was pretty stupid. I'd say it's the weakest episode of the Future Arc thus far, but it was intriguing to see what was basically Another Episode Part 2. I can kinda imagine this whole episode turned into a full fledged sequel, with way more story beats (and better gameplay).

I have no idea what the hell Genocide Jill was trying to achieve by jumping onto Monaca's space truck, and why she needed Komaru crying to convince her that maybe it wasn't such a great idea. Would have liked for Genocide Jill to actually pull Monaca out of there without Komaru holding her back.

I think I would have liked a bit more set-up concerning Monaca's change of heart. It does make sense—she was never like Junko in her liking for despair, and she was really just a brat all along—but more foreshadowing would have made it seem less out of the blue.

Rich!

Did anyone else find Makoto and asahina's reaction to miaya glitching the fuck out to be...a bit odd? Her body is shaking around making robotic noises and they're just like "oh that's odd"

Rich!

Monaca never said it would be someone from class 78, just someone that survived her killing game.

RIP Hinata.

I can see this. He will be the one to save everyone and stop Komaeda, at the expense of his own life. Would be a fitting closure and bit of redemption for the shit he did as izuru

And yes with the last episode it's now even more clear than ever that Komaeda is behind all this. Hope vs hope.

Komaeda is the real endgame here. Like Junko, he was never turned - he was fucked up from the start.

Nohar

I wouldn't be surprised to see that the mastermind is indeed Komaeda... It would fit perfectly.

Seriously, as far as fuckep up individuals go, I think he is even worse than Junko. Well, more like they are the two faces of the same coin: Junko hoped for Despair, and Nagito despaired for Hope.

If it turns out to be him, well, some people will be right to call Naegi out on his actions which allowed such a nutcase to be released in the wild. The Remnant of Despairs may have been cured (and, well, that is still up for debate), but you can't cure someone who is that messed up from the start.

Togami is by far the best DR1 survivor and is the one most likely to get shit done for this post-Tragedy world. He had great, subtle character development post-Sakura's death. Y'all are crazy to not feel anything at his death.

Future 7

Awww I missed Kawaii Gurls' music. Shuddup Monaca. "Ultra Despair Girls" Sweeeet I'm so excited they're doing an episode dedicated to the game <3 OMG Nagisa! Still don't understand how you survived that but it's good to see you. Yaaaay Maskless Jataro and Kotoko and the red-haired kid (Masaru?) are there too. I'm surprised you kiddos aren't still captured by FF or something. YES KOMARU YOU'RE NORMAL. Sweet that we get some AE gameplay in animated form. OH GOD EVEN FUKAWA'S FANTASIES. That was fantastic lol
Another Episode? More like another Komaru panty shot >>
Komaru x Fukawa is still strong. WTF You're giving up that easily Monaca? After everything that has occured?! So she faked Asahina's death for the lolz but did kill Gekkouhara :/ When she mentioned the adult bit for some reason I thought Haiji cracked and did something wrong with her lol Of course Nagito's beliefs would have confused her :p But shouldn't she have given up back in AE then? Going to space? Ooooookay Monaca, sure, why the heck not. I
don't
like how Komaru is acting like "she's gonna return back eventually :')"

Alright, so I'm still amazed at Monaca giving up suddenly. I mean, I can understand that she's just a kid and she didn't really understood what being Junko and despair meant so she lost interest quickly, but at least a year has passed since Another Episode right? Sure, she wanted to see Naegi, the Ultimate Hope that defeated Junko, but going through all that effort just prank him for awhile seems ehh to me. I would rather have them kill Monaca at the end of AE and not have her in DR3 at all but whatever. In the end it seems like she did more for hope, since she probably saved Asahina's life, motivated Naegi to keep fighting, got Togami to know about the killing game, got Komaru and Fukawa notified of where she was "living" and notified them about the next victim :p

So who's the DR1 survivor that will die? I (sadly) think it's going to be Togami, or maybe Asahina. I highly doubt they're killing Naegi, and since it seems like they're pointing out Kirigiri so it probably won't be her. Hagakure's presence in the anime is a trap, there's no way they're killing him lol and killing Fukawa wouldn't add anything to Future now that the AE part is done. Now, the way Monaca speaks is pretty confident (while something could go wrong in the killing game), and Togami's dialogue in this episode "In my name, FF won't fail!" "What? Killing one of us? Impossible!" seems to indicate something will happen to him. Plus, he's in a freakin helicopter, those things always explode or fall down in DR.
I think that her reaction to the Reserve Course is to represent just how awful talent elitism is, and that when you have it all, becoming a normal person is to them what going from "normal person" to "homeless" is.
I can see Hajime, Nagito or Juzo thinking like that, but wasn't Chisa one of the few people that told Hajime it's okay to be normal?

T-Rex.

Banned
I can see Hajime, Nagito or Juzo thinking like that, but wasn't Chisa one of the few people that told Hajime it's okay to be normal?
Yeah, but then she backed it up by being real salty over being taken away from the talented class who she'd known for a short period of time and basically didn't care about the reserve class who she taught for 6 months. Her actions contradicted what she said.

Gonna be salty if Hajime is the one to die. Let the guy catch a break smh.

MANUELF

Banned
Chisa was depressed for being a teacher to a clases of untalented students and wanted to reunite with the talented ones even though she knew them for far less time, she can say whatever she wants but actions speak louder than words and she acted like the untalented werent worth her time

Yeah, but then she backed it up by being real salty over being taken away from the talented class who she'd known for a short period of time and basically didn't care about the reserve class who she taught for 6 months. Her actions contradicted what she said.

Gonna be salty if Hajime is the one to die. Let the guy catch a break smh.

Hajime's the only one of the Despairs that's halfway redeemable/has an excuse for his actions(well now that he's probably some weird fusion of Izuru/Hajime its really blurred now), so yep he's going to die to induce the most despair. :)

If the rest of the DR2 cast were even half as bad as the Warriors of Hope( DR2 guys were probably a lot worse) than I'd say Narukami is right on the money trying to blow that island sky high. Naegi's plan to brainwash them failed, you can't know for sure they'd never revert or if they're just pretending to be fine, blow them all to hell.

NotLiquid

Komaeda being the mastermind would make that UDG scene at the end of the game with AI Junko make sense. Light despair and all that. The entire anime seems like it's built up to a hope vs hope scenario.

Wonder if they'll find a way to bring AI Junko back again, and in another plot twist, have her be on the protagonists' side. I wonder what she truly believes of Komaeda's tainted hope.

Eumi

All the people not caring about the reserves becomes especially hilarious when you factor in the fact that Hajime is still likely the closest thing to Ultimate Hope the series has if DR2's ending is anything to go by. Dude basically goes super saiyan hope at the end, and if we're in the best case scenario he might be ultimate hope with all the other talents too, depending on who's in control between him and Izuru.

As much as I appreciate the artistic point in drawing all the reserve students as ghosts, I kind of wish they'd actually done the opposite and gone out of their way to draw them as varied and vibrant people. Pushing them as needless wannabe's kind of contradicts the entirety of DR2 where the 'Ultimates' stand about freaking out and murdering one another whilst the talentless Hajime is the one who actually saves the day. It shows that hope shouldn't be limited to the talented.

All the people not caring about the reserves becomes especially hilarious when you factor in the fact that Hajime is still likely the closest thing to Ultimate Hope the series has if DR2's ending is anything to go by. Dude basically goes super saiyan hope at the end, and if we're in the best case scenario he might be ultimate hope with all the other talents too, depending on who's in control between him and Izuru.

As much as I appreciate the artistic point in drawing all the reserve students as ghosts, I kind of wish they'd actually done the opposite and gone out of their way to draw them as varied and vibrant people. Pushing them as needless wannabe's kind of contradicts the entirety of DR2 where the 'Ultimates' stand about freaking out and murdering one another whilst the talentless Hajime is the one who actually saves the day. It shows that hope shouldn't be limited to the talented.

I like it, just because it reinforces how ultimates look at regular people. People can shit talk Nagito in that universe, but he's just one of the only people who can be honest.

I don't think it's so much about making the reserve students faceless, but making anyone that's irrelevant faceless. Lots of non-Ultimates get to have faces like Komaru and Haiji. The judges for the exams were ghosts, but I assume they have some level of talent in order to be judging the students.

FStubbs

I don't think it's so much about making the reserve students faceless, but making anyone that's irrelevant faceless. Lots of non-Ultimates get to have faces like Komaru and Haiji. The judges for the exams were ghosts, but I assume they have some level of talent in order to be judging the students.

For what it's worth, I still maintain Komaru is not really normal and would have been looked at for Ultimate Medium.

T-Rex.

Banned
Hajime's the only one of the Despairs that's halfway redeemable/has an excuse for his actions(well now that he's probably some weird fusion of Izuru/Hajime its really blurred now), so yep he's going to die to induce the most despair. :)
Hajime will take his place as the true Ultimate Hope and save the world.

Yeah, he'll probably die. In fact they'll all probably die and the world will end with dumb fuck Hiro still alive somehow, Nagito still alive somehow, and with Monaca chilling up in space.

Maebe

Did anyone else find Makoto and asahina's reaction to miaya glitching the fuck out to be...a bit odd? Her body is shaking around making robotic noises and they're just like "oh that's odd"

I think the anime is establishing they have regressed in intelligence, Monaka was right.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that the mastermind is indeed Komaeda... It would fit perfectly.

Seriously, as far as fuckep up individuals go, I think he is even worse than Junko. Well, more like they are the two faces of the same coin: Junko hoped for Despair, and Nagito despaired for Hope.

If it turns out to be him, well, some people will be right to call Naegi out on his actions which allowed such a nutcase to be released in the wild. The Remnant of Despairs may have been cured (and, well, that is still up for debate), but you can't cure someone who is that messed up from the start.

Junko made the entire reserve course kill themselves and tortures/murders people casually. Junko and Monaka have gone way further for despair than he has for hope(so far) he can't really compare.

Chase17

Togami dying would be the worst for me. That guy is the best.

It's really funny how little anyone cares about the reserves. I mean, not even Fuyuhiko got over his sisters murder pretty quickly. In DR2 I thought that it would have been a major turning point but nope.

Gradon

Would she know her NG code since she's just there to check out Makoto?

I just assumed she'd surely be doing something whilst everyone's asleep. She wouldn't be asleep during the first time everyone was knocked out and when the game was set up, so I'd assume she saw everything.

Maybe not though, she's been away from Kyoko from when everyone split up and it's not like she'd know about the NG codes before the game began... Even if she did see it set up.
With Kyoko, they've hinted at it too with Munakata 'coming for Kyoko'. So I guess it could be Byakuya.

Oh, also, Monaca would've also seen Great Gozu's killer
(if we're not going with her killing him theory)
. So she's probably already worked everything out.

Oh shit, it just occurred to me that my theory has fallen apart! Especially with Monaca Poochying away, she definitely isn't the one who killed the Great Gozu, which has me unsure of what happened. If we operate on the assumption that the killer alternates, then I think that Tengan killed someone, and I don't think that he killed Chisa. Chisa's killer is still alive, no two ways about it. And if her killer is not alive, they will be a villain (thus making Munakata unable to attain vengeance).

At this point, I legitimately feel like I've lost my direction in theorizing. Poochy dashed my theories, so now I need to regroup.

Eumi

Oh shit, it just occurred to me that my theory has fallen apart! Especially with Monaca Poochying away, she definitely isn't the one who killed the Great Gozu, which has me unsure of what happened. If we operate on the assumption that the killer alternates, then I think that Tengan killed someone, and I don't think that he killed Chisa. Chisa's killer is still alive, no two ways about it. And if her killer is not alive, they will be a villain (thus making Munakata unable to attain vengeance).

At this point, I legitimately feel like I've lost my direction in theorizing. Poochy dashed my theories, so now I need to regroup.
They way they phrased it made it seem like someone has to die every time they black out, so it may just be that Gozu was woken up, told to murder or they'll kill him, and instead of killing anyone the he killed himself.

Then Monaca probably just moved his body about to make it not look like suicide. Because she's a brat like that.

But with Monaca not privy to the plan, would she inherently know to suspend him? After all, just by seeing Chisa's death, she wouldn't have the knowledge or intuition that suspending the bodies is a part of the setup.

But with Monaca not privy to the plan, would she inherently know to suspend him? After all, just by seeing Chisa's death, she wouldn't have the knowledge or intuition that suspending the bodies is a part of the setup.

Who says she isn't?

She likely has nothing left on the Earth, so she could just say "fuck off" to the mastermind and go off to orbit, no?

Hagakure and asahina are too much of joke characters to actually kill off and mean anything.

Nobody cares about togami.

Has to be kirigiri.

Kirigiri is the only character I'd be annoyed about getting killed, although purely because of her presence in DR1 since she's barely contributed anything to DR3 yet. Everyone else can go and wouldn't be missed.

I'm thinking it'll be Makoto though, some big sacrifice to save everyone blah blah and a way to close out the saga. He gets to be the Ultimate Hope through his sacrifice. It'd be a seriously crappy ending though.

Maebe

Kyoko hasn't been interesting in DR3 but I would be so pissed if she died since she was my favourite in the first game. I think she's too popular to die but they are gonna try something.
Still she is the only character actually investigating and not fucking around.

h0tp0ck3t

Well I just thought of a soul crushing theory.
Since Monaca is deliberately being vague about which killing game the survivor was from,
what if it's you know who, surviving the student council killing, being kept/detained/whatever under the Future Foundation HQ where the game is allegedly taking place. She's the hidden 16th participant and her NG code is being discovered by the other players.
Makoto happens to find her...

Fandangox

Since we know Monaca was definitely in Towa City now, any guesses what's behind the Monkuma door? :p

latest

NeonZ

They way they phrased it made it seem like someone has to die every time they black out, so it may just be that Gozu was woken up, told to murder or they'll kill him, and instead of killing anyone the he killed himself.

Then Monaca probably just moved his body about to make it not look like suicide. Because she's a brat like that.

At this point, I don't believe the idea of alternating killers anymore. Every killing seems to follow the same method, with Izayoi's odd killing being a clear exception and the different methods there being used to point that it was unrelated to the others, so it's probably a single "official" killer. The only defense against this idea before was maybe Monaka setting up the bodies afterwards, but this episode ruled that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom