• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

EUae3in.jpg

Permanently A

How is that clear when, until now, everyone expected her to be involved in the killing game?

If anything, now more than ever, I think her fate is completely up in the air.

Hmm, I was going to say that there were only 5 episodes left and that Junko needs something horrible like Chiaki dying to give the class the push to become despairs, but then I realized she has the brainwashing anime to do that. So nevermind, I take it back. Chiaki might not die after all.

FluxWaveZ

They would have somehow managed to find something even worse as a catalyst than Chiaki's death for the 77th class if "brainwashing anime" is what does it.

Despair 7: Holy fuck that was crazy, it was great to finally see the first mutual killing game they detailed that so much more than I expected. With Chiaki still being alive at the moment I have no idea of her fate anymore.

PK Gaming

Well that felt like watching an episode on Fast Forward. They totally rushed through the original class killing game (it wasn't even much of a game if Mukuro held them at gunpoint, lmao) and I think it would have been better if they had devoted an entire episode to it.

On the other hand, it was undeniably a fun episode to watch. Junko and Mukuro are really the best things to have happened to this anime.

kewlmyc

They would have somehow managed to find something even worse as a catalyst than Chiaki's death for the 77th class if "brainwashing anime" is what does it.

Brace yourself for disappointment. That seems to be what they're going for.

Anyway, didn't one of the student council students survive? I think I remember that being stated in Zero and this episode briefly hints that one of them survived. Wonder if that'll play into anything coming up in either of the future episodes.

Anyway, didn't one of the student council students survive? I think I remember that being stated in Zero and this episode briefly hints that one of them survived. Wonder if that'll play into anything coming up in either of the future episodes.

DR0 BIG SPOILER
yeah, didn't Ryouko even manipulate Yasuke into killing that guy in his bed or something? It's been years

It would be the equivalent of making that idiotic reason from the Togami book canon. I'm bracing for impact at this point.

That's the SHSL Student Council President, and his fate was defined in the second volume of Zero. If the anime doesn't treat it like the Twilight Syndrome saga, we may see it animated.

DNAbro

Well I can safely say I wasn't expecting that to happen. Goddamn. There goes all the "Chiaki dies in mutual killing" ideas.

I'm curious how much the brainwashing anime will cause what happens later. If that is what causes people to fall into despair I will be so disappointed.

There are now canon depictions of both of the Ultimate Hopes ass.

Did he? I don't remember that much from Zero honestly.

me neither.

Anyways, a crack theory: What if Monokuma saying that the killing game is being broadcast worldwide is directed at us?

Also, wonderful, wonderful episode. Hilarious (HOPEMAN RETURNS), heartwarming (Mikan having a somewhat prominant role is pleasant), painful (the whole Tragedy- I ain't forgetting the shovel kill anytime soon, holy fuck), utterly fucking mindblowing (THAT REVOLVING REVOLVER CHAMBER IS LIFTED STRAIGHT FROM ZETSUBOU-HEN'S OP), anger-inducing (the "you're BUSTED" music playing in that whole email scene, junko), and just enough tease to keep me on the edge of my fucking seat

10/10

edit: yeah the brainwash anime is the only dud

Gvitor

I don't mean to be tagged as someone wanting panty shots, but it always weirds me out how in the first anime, both despair and future side of this one, and in the 2 main games, they go out of their way to not show any despite them being full of ecchi scenes. There are several instances of upskirts or suggestive shots where they just stick a black filter there. Hell, Mikan is based around that concept.

...but when it comes to Komaru, sure, let's show it all.

Good episode. Nice to see how it all went down but I'm concerned they're going to pull back on izuru being as villainous as he was in the game for those brief moments. Hope the brainwash isn't the main cause for the despair.

Gvitor

Did you play Danganronpa: Another Episode? It was a subtle running joke in that game.

Yes, and I understand that they show it here because of that game. It just feels weird that they never bothered with it up until UDG, and even during it and this anime after it, only Komaru gets the short end of the stick.

yeah "brainwashing anime" would be an extremely lame catalyst for any main character's fall into despair

the already emotionally fragile reserve course students being coaxed into an impulsive suicide, eh, maybe?

but like. the DR2 cast has already been through so much shit happening at hope's peak and generally don't seem worse for wear. having a brainwashing anime be the tipping point would be super weak

FluxWaveZ

Yes, and I understand that they show it here because of that game. It just feels weird that they never bothered with it up until UDG, and even during it and this anime after it, only Komaru gets the short end of the stick.

I dunno, there were some pretty egregious fanservice scenes even in DR1, and Mikan contributed a lot to that in DR2. I wouldn't say DR:AE had a disproportionate amount of that compared to the two previous games (especially since a lot of the joke about underskirt shots in Another Episode was that they wouldn't actually show it).

Ryan_MSF

Good episode. Nice to see how it all went down but I'm concerned they're going to pull back on izuru being as villainous as he was in the game for those brief moments. Hope the brainwash isn't the main cause for the despair.

Kind of getting this feeling myself, even though it's obviously Izuru he still seems weirdly.... "Hajime" to me.

What if she uses the anime to brainwash the 3,000 Reserve Students into committing mass suicide? That always sounded off to me anyway.

I thought she might use it for some of the world outside of HPA, but I could easily see this too. If it's used on the 77th class that would be a bummer.

Permanently A

Its all an anime theory is getting out of control man. Like when Ryota was talking about "subtle coloration changes to stimulate the cortex" while the screen had Nagito's revolver chamber from the Despair OP and the fact that Despair OP recently had changes.

Student Council President's survival is there, they just don't show it. Actually there are several members whose death is not shown but, if you pay attention to the scene in which their portraits are one by one turned to black silhouettes, the last one is intentionally covered by the red strip though you can see the portrait is still lit; that's him.

dan2026

Student Council President's survival is there, they just don't show it. Actually there are several members whose death is not shown but, if you pay attention to the scene in which their portraits are one by one turned to black silhouettes, the last one is intentionally covered by the red strip though you can see the portrait is still lit; that's him.

Which one was the President?

Well that's the first time a show has ever made me feel queasy. I'm surprised they showed the student council killing in such a graphic nature, DR rarely ever shows the acts of killing being committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom