• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, it just occurred to me that my theory has fallen apart! Especially with Monaca Poochying away, she definitely isn't the one who killed the Great Gozu, which has me unsure of what happened. If we operate on the assumption that the killer alternates, then I think that Tengan killed someone, and I don't think that he killed Chisa. Chisa's killer is still alive, no two ways about it. And if her killer is not alive, they will be a villain (thus making Munakata unable to attain vengeance).

At this point, I legitimately feel like I've lost my direction in theorizing. Poochy dashed my theories, so now I need to regroup.

I just don't understand whay asahina is not suspicious given that out of the 4 in the room, 1 is dead , 1 gave up but is not the killer , 1 is the main character.and the last one is asahina.

Why can't asahina be the traitor , considering that it was a possibility even munakata forshadowed when he was talking with naegi

Asahina is the mastermind

I just don't understand whay asahina is not suspicious given that out of the 4 in the room, 1 is dead , 1 gave up but is not the killer , 1 is the main character.and the last one is asahina.

Why can't asahina be the traitor , considering that it was a possibility even munakata forshadowed when he was talking with naegi

Tengan needs to be one of the attackers in that scenario though is the thing.

Breads

Banned

I don't think this kind of swerve would add any weight to the story at this point. Without more development I think she works better as either a survivor or a sacrificial lamb.

Do you guys think we'll get the UDG kids featured in a Despair episode?
Monaca must've gotten a real bad reception for her to be turned into a joke after the shit she did in UDG, that girl was Satan.
Agreed lol she seemed worse than Junko to me (but to be fair we didn't see any of Junko's actions on-screen until just recently in the Despair anime) and all that build up of being Junko 2.0 is just wasted now.
A rich elitist may talk a lot about how the poor are people too, but they may feel despair to live among them
Yeah, but then she backed it up by being real salty over being taken away from the talented class who she'd known for a short period of time and basically didn't care about the reserve class who she taught for 6 months. Her actions contradicted what she said.
Chisa was depressed for being a teacher to a clases of untalented students and wanted to reunite with the talented ones even though she knew them for far less time, she can say whatever she wants but actions speak louder than words and she acted like the untalented werent worth her time
Ohhhh okay I can see that, Sad that she isn't that much of a good person as I thought she was, but it's interesting for her character to act like that and at least she isn't punching and bullying kids around like Juzo :p

If Monaca was bored because of nagito, why did she involve herself in the killing game at all? Why would she want to see Makoto, and then just bail for no reason after not doing anything to him?

the idea of Monaca becoming disillusioned with hope and despair is great, but her prior actions don't really make any sense other than to give the audience the illusion of an antagonist for the first few episodes of the show.

If Monaca was bored because of nagito, why did she involve herself in the killing game at all? Why would she want to see Makoto, and then just bail for no reason after not doing anything to him?

the idea of Monaca becoming disillusioned with hope and despair is great, but her prior actions don't really make any sense other than to give the audience the illusion of an antagonist for the first few episodes of the show.

I guess maybe she was hoping seeing Naegi would light a spark in her but when that didn't happen she just said "fuck it".

FluxWaveZ

I could see it. If she's completely apathetic towards most things and was planning to get away from it all, seeing the Ultimate Hope—the one who managed to defeat her former idol—up close would probably be something she'd want to see before she left. Being a passive observer in the final battle in a war she herself was involved in is reasonable. She might have seen it through to the end like that if the Ultra Despair Girls hadn't caught up to her.

Do you guys think we'll get the UDG kids featured in a Despair episode?

We might see Junko learning about Monaca's connection to the Towa Foundation and approaching Monaca and the other kids, but I don't really see a big reason to do so. At least not a huge amount of screen time, although they could pop up very quickly. There's still a lot of more important ground to cover, and there's not a whole lot that needs to be explored there.

Plus this episode was dedicated to wrapping up everything involving the Warriors of Hope, so it's not really necessary to explore them more.

If we see anything else, it'll likely be Monaca in a flashback covering more of what Nagito was doing during his time after AE up to Chapter 0 of DR2.

She just wanted to fuck around a little longer before she left. She simply wanted to see the person who killed the girl she idolized and tried to mimic. She dumped the idea at the first sign of adversity and decided she'd had her fill.

On Future 7, that was... one way to wrap up Monaca's involvement. It all felt a little rushed to just get UDG's whole thing over with quickly without having to worry about it later, but all things considered that's not really a bad thing.

Really hoping that Despair truly gets going today. We've spent so much time on buildup, it's time for the payoff to start.

Capndrake

Despair 7

Holy shit that was hard to watch.

But I guess Chiaki didn't participate in the student council killing after all?

Future 7: An average episode, though there were some redeeming moments and jokes used in there, like Google it shitlord and Monaca becoming a NEET in space. With that episode out of the way its time for the final confrontation.

Also fuck better not mean Kirigiri is going to bite the dust from that last scene.

T-Rex.

Banned
Despair #7

That shovel kill was savage. All of it was actually more brutal than I was expecting, plus surprisingly
Chiaki wasn't involved so I wonder what happens with her.

Enoshima time really is the best time.

Ryan_MSF

Episode 7

From the very beginning this was exactly what I was hoping for. The game did a great job explaining aspects of this saga, however seeing it actually pan out on screen was exactly what I was hoping would happen, as this goes on now i'm genuinely super excited to see how they take this, incredible episode.

Despair 7

I was enjoying the lightheartedness of Despair Side but yeah, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Those scenes paired with Tsubasa wo Kudasai were absolutely brutal.

I'm now extremely curious about Chiaki though, I was positive she would've been there...

That song is awfully familiar.

It got used in Evangelion and in the pitch trailer for Yandere Simulator (which is quite fitting with this), among other things

Well, that was a thing. We finally see the Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy (while going all EVA on the footage). It is as violent as described in Zero, but I didn't think the killings would happen so fast.
And we are finally are at the eve of Danganronpa/Zero events. We have to see Matsuda now, as Junko is still Junko and will probably be summoned by the Steering Committee pretty soon.

The only thing I'm hoping is that Mitarai's anime abilities aren't the reason Junko made Class 77 to become Ultimate Despair, as it would be lame as hell. We also need a confirmation about Chiaki's whereabouts, as her flags for the original mutual killing have been disposed of.

Wow that classroom scene, I was not ready.

That shovel kill was savage. All of it was actually more brutal than I was expecting, plus surprisingly
Chiaki wasn't involved so I wonder what happens with her.

Enoshima time really is the best time.
Good to see Kodaka preserved the rawness of the original Tragedy.
I kind of want to see the uncensored version.

Nice retcon that Izuru didn't actually kill the council members. Maybe there's hope for him yet.
That wasn't a retcon. Enoshima lied in DR2 about the full extent of his involvement in the Student Council Mutual Killing. DR0 was clear in that the students actually killed between themselves - but it never defined Izuru status. In fact, we finally see why he is angry at Junko: He was used and blamed by circumstantial evidence.

as i understand it, tsubasa o kudasai is very commonly a part of lower school music education, so it's sorta a song everyone knows and has sung at one point, to give some context. and yeah, as a result it appears in a lot of stuff.

Ponn

Banned
Great episode. Well we found out how Junko reached so many people then. I don't think Ryota is some RoD though or mastermind. He's just being obviously tricked by Junko but I don't think he's going to fall to despair like the others.

And of course Mikan gets lewd bondage pose.

Rich!

amazing

also lol at komaeda

and...chiaki's fate is still in the air. I think everyone expected her to die in the mutual killing.

Permanently A

That wasn't a retcon. Enoshima lied in DR2 about the full extent of his involvement in the Student Council Mutual Killing. DR0 was clear in that the students actually killed between themselves - but it never defined Izuru status. In fact, we finally see why he is angry at Junko: He was used and blamed by circumstantial evidence.

I thought Izuru was one of the participants in the student council killing game, and I know I'm not the only one who thought that. Although I guess it was meant to be ambiguous and I didn't pick up on that.

Rich!

I thought Izuru was one of the participants in the student council killing game, and I know I'm not the only one who thought that. Although I guess it was meant to be ambiguous and I didn't pick up on that.

it being a ploy to simultaneously frame izuru AND further him into despair makes sense though. He was simply an observer.

It makes me wonder though...how much evil did izuru actually do? Really? Because so far, all he's done is kick Junko in the face. That's at an absolute odd to what we were told in DR2. Maybe Izuru really isn't as bad as we assumed?

it being a ploy to simultaneously frame izuru AND further him into despair makes sense though. He was simply an observer.

It makes me wonder though...how much evil did izuru actually do? Really? Because so far, all he's done is kick Junko in the face. That's at an absolute odd to what we were told in DR2. Maybe Izuru really isn't as bad as we assumed?

Considering what little we have actually seen from him, I wonder if he actually did something during the time between now and DR2. At least we don't have evidence of him actively destroying the world as the other Remnants as he has only appeared as an observer. But that raises the question of what was his role in Junko's operation, and why he brought the AI to the New World Program.

That song is awfully familiar.

It's a fairly popular song (from the 1970s I think?) that gets a lot of use over the decades. You probably heard it in the EVA rebuild 2 movie as well.

Now, about the episode, I kind of always expected the show to head down this route where, "shocker", Izuru actually didn't do all those nasty stuff he was accused of.

And I'm fairly mixed on it, truth be told. It all kinds of backpedals on the ending of DR2, especially if it is Ryouta's anime that's going to brainwash the 77th class into despair.

Rich!

Considering what little we have actually seen from him, I wonder if he actually did something during the time between now and DR2. At least we don't have evidence of him actively destroying the world as the other Remnants as he has only appeared as an observer. But that raises the question of what was his role in Junko's operation, and why he brought the AI to the New World Program.

I'm a little bit worried we won't get all of this.

This was episode 7. We have...5 episodes left, right? That's only one and a half hours. I really do think the despair should have been introduced sooner - but who knows really.

Future seems to be progressing really well, but despair seems like it could end up being really rushed.

h0tp0ck3t

amazing

also lol at komaeda

and...chiaki's fate is still in the air. I think everyone expected her to die in the mutual killing.

Maybe we'll get a despair Chiaki after all? Next up is the Reserve Course Suicide right? Maybe she'll think Hajime is part of it?

Permanently A

At this point it seems clear Chiaki's death will be the catalyst for everyone to fall into despair. Which is... kind of a boring way to do it. Before despair was announced I was expected Junko to slowly and excruciatingly grind them down one by one. Oh well.

Rich!

Maybe we'll get a despair Chiaki after all? Next up is the Reserve Course Suicide right? Maybe she'll think Hajime is part of it?

No, I personally think everything is leading up to Chiaki discovering Izuru, realising he is Hajime and trying to stop him - only to be killed due to the influence of Junko.

And I honestly think that will be the ONLY negative thing we see izuru do. Which will then link into his redemption as Hajime in the future arc.

FluxWaveZ

At this point it seems clear Chiaki's death will be the catalyst for everyone to fall into despair. Which is... kind of a boring way to do it. Before despair was announced I was expected Junko to slowly and excruciatingly grind them down one by one. Oh well.

How is that clear when, until now, everyone expected her to be involved in the killing game?

If anything, now more than ever, I think her fate is completely up in the air.

Rich!

How is that clear when, until now, everyone expected her to be involved in the killing game?

Izuru's gonna kill her. I bet on it.

remember, the flowers left by him witnessed by Makoto in future arc.

Wooow, wasn't sure if they'd show that, but holy shit. Especially not in that much detail. I'm glad they did, and I like that they gave the council actual faces rather than making them blue blobs.

Good episode, I'm excited that we're really going to get into the thick of it now. Junko has really lifted this part of the anime. I'm looking forward to wading into more stuff from Zero.

Great episode. Well we found out how Junko reached so many people then. I don't think Ryota is some RoD though or mastermind. He's just being obviously tricked by Junko but I don't think he's going to fall to despair like the others.

Yeah, I'm thinking Junko tricks him and changes his anime rather than full on converting him. We'll see, of course.

Heh, maybe she ends up being the 13th Branch leader?

That depends on how the anime tackles Zero, as it is directly after the Killing Game. But it'll probably be shown, and it would be an obvious thought to her. But in that case, if there's a despair Chiaki, where's she? And why did Chihiro make an AI based on her?

We probably won't get all the answers.

Heh, maybe she ends up being the 13th Branch leader?

That's actually possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom