• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of delays I'm going to say that spoiler wise, if you watch the raw then fine but spoiler impressions and discussions. Once the Funi subs come out then it can be opened.

MANUELF

Banned
Oh well since I cant even see funimation episodes is still the same time for me, if anything big happen I will tell you guys

What if

Mikan's beloved

Is the Ultimate Imposter?

1. While she cared for Ryota, she was evidently closer to UI - as shown by the comments of Fuyuhiko.

2. To date, UI is the only person who has said something nice about Mikan - AKA, the person who never hated her

3. Mikan says "they" instead of "he" or "she." This could be taken as bad storytelling (which cmon it's not great :p), or it could be taken as "UI is the only character in the game who is said to be neither verifiably male or female."

Eumi

What if

Mikan's beloved

Is the Ultimate Imposter?

1. While she cared for Ryota, she was evidently closer to UI - as shown by the comments of Fuyuhiko.

2. To date, UI is the only person who has said something nice about Mikan - AKA, the person who never hated her

3. Mikan says "they" instead of "he" or "she." This could be taken as bad storytelling (which cmon it's not great :p), or it could be taken as "UI is the only character in the game who is said to be neither verifiably male or female."
Just replayed that scene with her execution last night and I watched it with that interpretation in mind and I'm not sure if that works. I'm pretty sure the scene was written with Junko in mind since she kind of goes on about 'they' killing them, which kind of implies she means Makoto and crew. Plus she also implies that her beloved abused her so she more likely means Junko.

Of course, I'm kind of in the mind that that scene was written about Junko, but since it was vague they may well decide to change it to UI since that'd make more sense based on what we've seen of despair.

Zaru

I wouldn't base theories on the english translation of gender-related words unless there's little ambiguity.

Capndrake

Future 8

RIP Fedora, it was pretty predictable he'd die saving Kyoko though.

Ruruka continues to be the absolute worst and that's probably why she'll somehow survive. At least Juzo very very slightly redeemed himself.

lmao at Byakuya getting in and Yasuhiro still being left outside.

I really want to read these spoilers so bad :( hopefully someone uploads a spanish subs one

Also, the Spike Chunsoft Twitter posts some really good tweets
hCX0W68.jpg

tzNKwxz.jpg

PK Gaming

Future 8

I
haven't watched the episode I just want to see how many people click on this so here we go: Here I come, rougher than the rest of them the best of them, tougher than leather. You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle. I'd rather flex my muscles. I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell. I break 'em down whether they're solid or frail. Unlike the rest I'm independent since my first breath. First test, feel the right, than the worst's left. Born on an island in the heavens. The blood of my ancestors flows inside me. My duty is to save the flower. From evil deterioration. I will be the one to set your heart free, true. Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you. Streaking lights, loud sounds, and instincts. Are the elements that keep me going. I am fighting my own mission. Nothing's gonna stand in my way. I will be the one to set your heart free, true. Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you. Ohhhh yeaaaah. Won't be frightened, I'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil. Just believe in myself, won't rely on others. Get this power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy. This is my planet, gonna fight for my destiny.

MANUELF

Banned
Future 8
So Kizakura is now dead and we learn the prohibited action for sweet maker is "Someone leaving the building" and thats why she killed Izayoi because he found the secret door, it was pretty obvious that Kizakura would die since the very start of the episode though
Aside from that, Naegi and Aoi FINALLY finding that gekkogahaura is a robot and Despair Munakata pretty much nothing happened

Future 8

RIP Kizakura, as expected from the death flag from the last episode of Despair. The fact that we got to see the ridiculous armament that surrounded Hope's Peak while the first game events transpired is a plus on his character.

Really, Ruruka has cemented her status as a manipulative person, but I can't judge her considering how bad her forbidden action is. Expecting her to be on the lookout for people trying to escape a situation like that and stop them by any means would trigger awful things from anyone, and her personality made all worse. I wonder if Sakakura will kill her by forcing his way (and I am expecting to see what Junko did to him this episode or the next of the Despair arc).

Finally, I don't believe the stinger about Togami. He is probably alive, but he won't escape such an explosion without injuries.

Are people just watching the raw?
If not that, Spanish subs are quite fast.

lmao no, getting friendzoned isn't exactly the way to get sympathy from me. I still need him to die pretty much immediately. Speaking of which,

Future 8

FUCK OFF RURUKA. FUCCKKK OFFFFFF RURUKA. FUCK . fuck off ruruka. please fuck off, ruruka. Would you kindly fuck off, Ms. Ando? I'm sorry Ruruka but I'm afraid you have to fuck off.

On a more positive note, Juzo wasn't entirely hateable in this episode because he didn't care if he'd kill Ruruka by leaving and I can respect that.

Kizakura's death was obvious, given his death flags in Despair and his massssssssive death flag in the cold open. If you're getting your backstory told and your name isn't Ryota Mitarai, you're already dead.

Kyoko finally got to do something! It was really satisfying seeing her lay the Ace Attorney smackdown on Candybitch Fuckoffington. Please remain safe, baby.

I don't really care that much about Togami, but I doubt they'd kill him.

Danganronpa Future 08

First 10 seconds - "Well, scout is dead." I thought that was Mukuro for a second.

I cant fucking believe Togami was the one shooting at Weedman. I died laughing. Kyoko's NG must be related to not revealing anything about the Mastermind, because she revealed stuff here.

It would appear that the ending confirms they are underground/underwater. I doubt Togami died.

Capndrake

Someone noticed that (Future 8)
apparently the teacher that dies in the intro is the same one that is briefly shown fainted in episode 2 of Despair.

Shouta

All caught up including Future 8.

These have really been clearing up questions about everything that were left with DR1 and DR2. Despair 7 was brutal.

I really liked that they finally kind of give an explanation/motive for Enoshima's shit in Despair. It wasn't really that clear in DR1 at all unless I totally missed it.

FluxWaveZ

I want that DR3 version of New World Order. Best use of it is still the moment Chisa fell with the chandelier and the game started.

I really liked that they finally kind of give an explanation/motive for Enoshima's shit in Despair. It wasn't really that clear in DR1 at all unless I totally missed it.

DR1 barely goes over Junko's motives. There's a bunch of it in Danganronpa Zero, though.

kewlmyc

Yeah, there's no way
Togami and Weedman are dead.

Oh yeah, and
Ruruka can die in a fire. I thought she killed Izayoi on accident, but nope. She's just a self centered bitch. Couldn't just tell him not to open the door or it'll kill her, had to kill him instead. Izayoi and Seiko deserved better than a shitty person like her.

Shouta

I want that DR3 version of New World Order. Best use of it is still the moment Chisa fell with the chandelier and the game started.

DR1 barely goes over Junko's motives. There's a bunch of it in Danganronpa Zero, though.

Is Zero really a part of the main story? I don't think there has been any real mention of stuff that happened in Zero in either Despair or Future so far hence why they put this info into DR3. I guess it could show up in the next few eps though, lol.

Edit: Then again, the notebook was a gift in DR2, wasn't it?

Is Zero really a part of the main story? I don't think there has been any real mention of stuff that happened in Zero in either Despair or Future so far hence why they put this info into DR3. I guess it could show up in the next few eps though, lol.
The events of Zero would happen after right Despair 7

Though i'm not expecting much besides a Yasuke cameo.

FluxWaveZ

Edit: Then again, the notebook was a gift in DR2, wasn't it?

You're missing a lot of subtleties by missing DR0. Like, the stuff they've been talking about Junko's true ultimate talent of analysis all comes from and is elaborated on in DR0. Some stuff about Junko's origins (descriptions of her childhood). Some cameos (the Ultimate Spy appearing in a previous episode in Despair). Some more descriptive stuff (the killing game in the previous episode of Despair). We're also about to enter DR0 territory for real in Despair.

It probably won't be necessary, but it'll likely be more helpful than even playing Danganronpa: Another Episode before watching Future to understand some of the context.

Edit: Oh wait, I was assuming that you hadn't read DR0, but it sounds like you have. Still with the above, though, I do think it serves a lot to flesh out the events going on.

Future 08

RIP Fedora man. You did good. Juzo and Ruruka deserve each other, I hope they die a painful death. How dare they try to kill Kirigiri.

P4 MC is literally on the path of REVEANGENCE. Also wasnt weird that the Gekkobot didnt have P4 MC data?

Shouta

You're missing a lot of subtleties by missing DR0. Like, the stuff they've been talking about Junko's true ultimate talent of analysis all comes from and is elaborated on in DR0. Some stuff about Junko's origins (descriptions of her childhood). Some cameos (the Ultimate Spy appearing in a previous episode in Despair). Some more descriptive stuff (the killing game in the previous episode of Despair). We're also about to enter DR0 territory for real in Despair.

It probably won't be necessary, but it'll likely be more helpful than even playing Danganronpa: Another Episode before watching Future to understand some of the context.

Edit: Oh wait, I was assuming that you hadn't read DR0, but it sounds like you have. Still with the above, though, I do think it serves a lot to flesh out the events going on.

I haven't read DR0. I just know some of the spoilers from it, lol.

I was just pointing out that it seems they didn't want to emphasize DR0, at least so far, because they're addressing small gaps in knowledge from DR1 and DR2. Junko's motivations and real abilities were specifically mentioned in Despair where if DR0 was necessary, I don't think they would have, at least IMO.

Future 8

Can someone please kill Ruruka? Anyone? I don't care how much of an asspull it needs to be, just let me see her miserable body hit the ground. The NG code clearly isn't going to do her in.

FluxWaveZ

I haven't read DR0. I just know some of the spoilers on it, lol.

I was just pointing out that it seems they didn't want to emphasize DR0, at least so far, because they're addressing small gaps in knowledge from DR1 and DR2. Junko's motivations and real abilities were specifically mentioned in Despair where if DR0 was necessary, I don't think they would have, at least IMO.

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, I don't think DR0 will ever be necessary throughout DR3, just complimentary, even if we get some major overlap going on in the upcoming episodes.

Yeah though they still could do a few things before then. We'll see with the next few eps. I feel like even though Kodaka wrote it, it's just to add more than it to be really necessary.

there really isn't much they could do before then besides have Yasuke show up in the background

Had to use some anime app on my phone to watch and the first comment was
fedora dies
. Kinda bummed me out.

But if Monaca isn't the mastermind, it's going to be Junko in some form, isn't it. Seems like she was there just to connect UDG to the series.

Togami is dead, isn't he. The only people of the 78th class that would really be a bummer if killed would be him, Makoto, or Kirigiri IMO

Future 8
With Kizakura's death, the sprite theory has been proven at least partially wrong. The direction certainly does not effect death by code or death by murder.

read that killer killer manga, not much happened, doesn't seem like any of this would be that relevant to DR3

well besides the ultimate makeup artist who can make a perfect looking corpse of anyone

NeonZ

Had to use some anime app on my phone to watch and the first comment was
fedora dies
. Kinda bummed me out.

But if Monaca isn't the mastermind, it's going to be Junko in some form, isn't it. Seems like she was there just to connect UDG to the series.

It could still be Ryota or Komaeda. I really don't think this is Junko - just look at Monokuma's lack of presence and the lack of worldwide transmission (and even when he was around he spoke with a different speech pattern). The methods are just too different from hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom