• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future 8

Hey that's the PE professor from episode 2 despair. Noooo D: So maybe that's why he hides his hand? Hopefully Kochi doesn't die this episode :( Yay for Hagakure being still alive I suppose. Fukawa still insists in Makoto x Komaru :p Heh, Munakata wasn't going after Kirigiri. Damn the DR producers really wanted to showcase some battles. Oh so Ruruka does know about Seiko's death and still no reaction? Hmmm. YUP definitely suspicious, thanks Koichi. Uggh get lost Juzo. Damn Kizakura is pretty much Phoenix lol Juzo was captured by Junko at some point? HAHAHA JUZO U SO STUPID.

FUCKING DAMMIT RURUKA. HE OPENED HIS HAND NOOOOOOOO. He took the photo D: Asdfghjkl goddamit the feels ;_; So her candy were addicting after all?! >> Oh man if Izayoi turns out to be Ruruka's slave since childhood that'd be creepy. So he did DIE by his action. :/ Weird since his body didn't look destroyed like Bandai's. Aaaand yup, it was Ruruka's fault. COME ON RURUKA I was one of the few who supported and liked you in the beginning and you end up killing Izayoi and Koichi :mad: I mean, you just needed to tell him not to try to escape since you would die and then just hide the freakin' door. Unless Izayoi betrayed her? But I don't see that happening. Ace Detective Kirigiri has finally talked. Oh shees, is the building falling apart?! Togami D:

Red Frost

Banned
Killer Killer is really weird. The world is in nowhere near the dire state the franchise has made it out to be up to that point, several industries have survived and are still running like manga and the idol industry, people are for the most part not living in fear 24/7, etc. Rather than a straight up apocalypse scenario, just seems like Japan turned into a 3rd world country, and not even one of the most dangerous ones.

Future 8

-LOL at Ruruka being just straight up awful. She couldn't tell her candy slave to just wait a little bit (although, I guess the effect might have been wearing off)? I don't think there are any redeeming qualities to her, but I can appreciate that she's just a fucking terrible person to a certain degree. Cool to see the candy addiction stuff come into play.

-Juzo telling her to go fuck herself and trying to open the fake door was pretty funny. Actually made him enjoyable for once.

-On that note, the fake door is a deliciously clever and cruel trap. Points to the mastermind for that one.

-Kohichi already had a death flag, but that cold open screamed "this guy is going to die!" He went out saving Kyoko, and was pretty bad ass in the end, so I'll miss him.

-Miaya-Bot not recognizing Kyosuke at first was pretty interesting.

-I don't think Byakuya is dead yet, but it was amusing that yet again Hiro is pulled away from trouble.

Future 8
With Kizakura's death, the sprite theory has been proven at least partially wrong. The direction certainly does not effect death by code or death by murder.

Thankfully.

Future 8

Hey that's the PE professor from episode 2 despair. Noooo D: So maybe that's why he hides his hand? Hopefully Kochi doesn't die this episode :( Yay for Hagakure being still alive I suppose. Fukawa still insists in Makoto x Komaru :p Heh, Munakata wasn't going after Kirigiri. Damn the DR producers really wanted to showcase some battles. Oh so Ruruka does know about Seiko's death and still no reaction? Hmmm. YUP definitely suspicious, thanks Koichi. Uggh get lost Juzo. Damn Kizakura is pretty much Phoenix lol Juzo was captured by Junko at some point? HAHAHA JUZO U SO STUPID.

FUCKING DAMMIT RURUKA. HE OPENED HIS HAND NOOOOOOOO. He took the photo D: Asdfghjkl goddamit the feels ;_; So her candy were addicting after all?! >> Oh man if Izayoi turns out to be Ruruka's slave since childhood that'd be creepy. So he did DIE by his action. :/ Weird since his body didn't look destroyed like Bandai's. Aaaand yup, it was Ruruka's fault. COME ON RURUKA I was one of the few who supported and liked you in the beginning and you end up killing Izayoi and Koichi :mad: I mean, you just needed to tell him not to try to escape since you would die and then just hide the freakin' door. Unless Izayoi betrayed her? But I don't see that happening. Ace Detective Kirigiri has finally talked. Oh shees, is the building falling apart?! Togami D:

So if Izayoi stops eating her candy for an extended period of time, does the addiction stop? Maybe that's why he betrayed her.

PK Gaming

Future 8

Okay, okay, even I gotta admit this episode was incredibly hyped. Totally captured the excitement and triumph that the games are so good at making you feel. Moved the plot in interesting ways as well.

Futrue 08

man, kizakura going out so good, definitely had nothing but death flags everywhere, but it's really too bad since they managed to make us like him at the end

on the other hand, ruruka manages to make herself even more unlikable. she's almost definitely going to be the asshole that survives beating juzo for that slot

a little interesting about juzo, he did seem a bit concerned that seiko died, like showing an expression outside of who cares after hearing about her death so i guess he's doomed now

what is kirigiri's NG code then? she was more than happy to solve izayoi's murder and reveal that all the murder victims by the killer have been stabbed through the heart

rip togami

Futrue 08

on the other hand, ruruka manages to make herself even more likable. she's almost definitely going to be the asshole that survives beating juzo for that slot

what is kirigiri's NG code then? she was more than happy to solve izayoi's murder and reveal that all the murder victims by the killer have been stabbed through the heart

Yeah, Ruruka is on track to be the asshole to survive.

Some people speculated that Kyoko's NG Code was that she couldn't talk with Makoto.

Ultimate Conman does it again, Togami you dun goofed
okawxV.gif

TWILT

Banned
Future 8
Man, they sure do like killing off any of the remotely likable new characters, huh? >>; Death flags were everywhere for Kizakura, but at least he died a noble sacrifice kind of way.

Highlight of the episode for me was Kyoko reminding me why she's my favorite character in the series. When she broke it down how Ruruka was the one behind Izayoi's death and how far she went really reminded me of the Danganronpa games and ahhh that last shot of her taking off her coat was so cool ahhhhhh. Curious to what her forbidden action is if it's not tell people about her investigations. Guess we'll find out sooner than later.

Ruruka...really does kind of suck (as both a person and a character) for reasons people already stated. The fact that she's probably gonna live is just ehhhh. EHHHHHH...

Overall, really liked this episode though.
Future 8

I
haven't watched the episode I just want to see how many people click on this so here we go: Here I come, rougher than the rest of them the best of them, tougher than leather. You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle. I'd rather flex my muscles. I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell. I break 'em down whether they're solid or frail. Unlike the rest I'm independent since my first breath. First test, feel the right, than the worst's left. Born on an island in the heavens. The blood of my ancestors flows inside me. My duty is to save the flower. From evil deterioration. I will be the one to set your heart free, true. Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you. Streaking lights, loud sounds, and instincts. Are the elements that keep me going. I am fighting my own mission. Nothing's gonna stand in my way. I will be the one to set your heart free, true. Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you. Ohhhh yeaaaah. Won't be frightened, I'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil. Just believe in myself, won't rely on others. Get this power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy. This is my planet, gonna fight for my destiny.

...Damnit dude. I fucking hate you lol.

I hope despair starts focusing a lot more on the 77th class, otherwise I'm going to assume Junko was 100% right about them all being nothing more than side character chumps.

I hope despair starts focusing a lot more on the 77th class, otherwise I'm going to assume Junko was 100% right about them all being nothing more than side character chumps.

I thought it was going to be the focus for the whole series, but Despair is really just about anything and everything that goes down at Hope's Peak. The fact that there's only five episodes left and they all (well, except Nagito) still resemble their normal selves and people, I'm a bit let down.

MANUELF

Banned
I thought it was going to be the focus for the whole series, but Despair is really just about anything and everything that goes down at Hope's Peak. The fact that there's only five episodes left and they all (well, except Nagito) still resemble their normal selves and people, I'm a bit let down.

They were still normal after Danganronpa 0 so I guess the last 3 episodes will tell us their fall to despair

Future 8 spoilers

1. I guess I'm a loser. Sorry, Kizakura! Great death though.

2. Glad they're going in this direction with Ruruka. She went from "asshole jerk idiot" to "demon psycho selfish asshole jerk idiot", which bumped her up to second-to-last in terms of new characters.

3. Cmon everyone, Byakuya isn't dead. We didn't see a corpse, and while Makoto is the reason why Byakuya came to the building, it does not seem like it is "Makoto's fault" enough. Byakuya is, sadly, averting a death flag for the rest of the show. With Byakuya clearly not being dead, this proves to me that we will see one of two characters die:

Kyoko or Makoto. Anyone else would not have the impact. Asahina kind of, but I'd be really disappointed - Asahina dying would feel like Makoto's "pet" dying. I mean I'd be super sad, but I feel like anyone other than the main three original survivors (Makoto, Kyoko, and Byakuya) dying would be an unfulfilling way to end it - heck, even Byakuya's death would be unfulfilling, as even as one of the main three, he's the least important of them by far to the narrative. Plus, Asahina's NG is way too much of an NG.

If it's Kyoko: Her death will be because of her NG, and she will do so in order to protect Makoto.

If it's Makoto: He will sacrifice himself - but, his sacrifice will be focused upon proving his world view and stopping Munakata, realizing that his attempts to survive have cost many lives. He will not kill Munakata, because in the narrative, I think Munakata surviving and being converted by Makoto's hope to do good makes more sense than him ultimately dying. Munakata dying does not fit Makoto's world view, so whether Makoto dies or not, I think that Munakata will survive to the end. After all, DR1 ends with Makoto trying to save Junko, and DR2 ends with Makoto saving (or trying to save) the Remnants of Despair.

4. I have a feeling that Juzo is going to heel-face turn to fight Munakata, might even break his NG in order to take him down.

5. From the quick flashback, it seems that Juzo failed to stop Junko. Really, is there anything that local man cannot ruin?

6. Juzo - Junko - Junzo, Juzo Ultimate Despair confirmed

So if Izayoi stops eating her candy for an extended period of time, does the addiction stop? Maybe that's why he betrayed her.
Woooooow you may be totally right! That makes a lot of sense!! If so then the mastermind totally fuck*d up Ruruka by using those prohibited actions lol
Yeah I'm a bit dissapointed too, Chisa is ok but I wanted to see more of Ibuki/Teruteru/Nekomaru, etc.
They were still normal after Danganronpa 0 so I guess the last 3 episodes will tell us their fall to despair
Really? From the DR2 cast I only remember a reference to Teruteru in 0

MANUELF

Banned
Woooooow you may be totally right! That makes a lot of sense!! If so then the mastermind totally fuck*d up Ruruka by using those prohibited actions lol

Really? From the DR2 cast I only remember a reference to Teruteru in 0
Still not as bad as Bandai, he had no chance to survive, poor him
Thats true about Teruteru but I take that as a sign that the class was still good

Stalk

Been wondering where the ep was then found out funi are late... fan subs it is.

Caught up after being away for a month and it was fantastic to watch them in a binge session - the UDG episode was great. I was kinda worried since it was a side story of sorts it'd be ignored potentially but I liked it. Despair Arc is really picking up steam too.

Chase17

Ep 8
Another good episode. Togami remains greaet, keeping Hiro outside to keep him safe. Also a very good Kyoko episode.

And the trend of killing characters once they get any backstory continues.

Starting to like Juzo as well. He did go right after candy girl after she tried to brainwash him. Such restrain is very noble!

Waiting for Izuru to come to the rescue and have a rematch with the ultimate boxer. Would be pretty satisfying.

Izuru is shown to be such a badass that I fail to see how he even got caught. Might have missed a few details where he allowed himself to get caught but he seems untouchable. I hope we see the remnants of despair before this is all over.

LousyTactician

Neo Member
Episode 8

Excellent episode, but I'm still wondering how Juzo got over Ruruka's mind-controlling candy so quickly. Was Kirigiri's logic just that good?

Novocaine

I've skipped everything in this thread to avoid spoilers so sorry if this has been answered already. But can someone tell me the best way to watch this legally in Australia?

Setsu00

Future 8
I feel like I'm missing something, so I'll just go ahead and say it: While I don't like Ruruka for a number of reasons, I think it can be somewhat justified that she killed Izayoi. Her NG code is "Not letting anyone leave the building", so it was a live-or-die situation for her. I absolutely agree that manipulating Izayoi with her sweets for their entire friendship was morally reprehensible, but what exactly do you want her to do in a situation like this? The influence of her sweets may have worn off already and Izayoi wouldn't listen to her anymore. On the other hand, you can't really expect Izayoi to simply go "Oh, yeah, I won't open the door" after he probably realized that she was brainwashing him. Ruruka is selfish, but at least in this case I think there was no other way of saving her own life. ... I'm playing the devil's advocate right now, I guess.

Permanently A

I've skipped everything in this thread to avoid spoilers so sorry if this has been answered already. But can someone tell me the best way to watch this legally in Australia?

I don't know if it's available in Australia but Funimation is the only way afaik.

Make sure to alternate when you watch. Future, despair, future etc

Episode 8

Excellent episode, but I'm still wondering how Juzo got over Ruruka's mind-controlling candy so quickly. Was Kirigiri's logic just that good?

the current theory is that he was already in enough pain from the spear lodged into his shoulder that he probably had enough self control of himself to pull the spear out to cause even more pain to himself that would override the candy

Future 8: That was pretty good plus there was a decent amount of development for this one.
Kizakura's death was kind of what I was expecting after the promise at the end of despair 7.
Ruruka is a control freak moron that needs to be put down, based off what her sweets done its safe to say she has be using them to control Izayoi up to this killing game taking place hence why he was always on her side.

That psycho grin from her when Kirigiri and Kizakura were in the trap really pissed me off, I had no idea she was that psychotic. I understand that she did it because of her NG code but in general she just seems to be an asshole anyway.

Anyways I can't wait for the despair episode this week, I'm hoping it'll be covering Danganronpa Zero.

Nice Ep. Pity
He barely got any character development but well, despair.

One thing i've been thinking since a couple of episodes ago. The number of remaing players in the op, whom is referring to? Right now the counter should be at 9, but if we count gekkogahara out we have 7 participants. So, unless we do count togami and hagakagure, who are those other two?

Another thing, when Monaca says that a person that won junko's first game would die, I can't remember if she mentions the school of mutual killing by name or she justs says "the first game". If she did say "first game" wouldn't that refered to izuru only? The first true game was the student council killing game, not class 78th's.

Also, i think it's quite possible that munakata was the one who planned the whole final killing game. At least originally, maybe there's a different mastermind behind it that could end up being naegi(if he really is naegi) or there is a hidden participant playing and the opening number is just a trick

h0tp0ck3t

Another thing, when Monaca says that a person that won junko's first game would die, I can't remember if she mentions the school of mutual killing by name or she justs says "the first game". If she did say "first game" wouldn't that refered to izuru only? The first true game was the student council killing game, not class 78th's.

I don't think she specified which game, just that it was the survivor of one of them. I took it as either some one from either DR1 or 2

One thing i've been thinking since a couple of episodes ago. The number of remaing players in the op, whom is referring to? Right now the counter should be at 9, but if we count gekkogahara out we have 7 participants. So, unless we do count togami and hagakagure, who are those other two?

The counter is for everyone in the game with a bracelet. At the beginning of the episode we had:

1) Miaya-Bot
2) Makoto
3) Hina
4) Kyoko
5) Kyosuke
6) Juzo
7) Ruruka
8) Ryota
9) Kizakura

The original counter said 16, so it's heavily implied that there's someone else in the building with a bracelet that we have yet to see. Despite the OP, it's likely not Hiro. Many are expecting it to be the mastermind.

This was probably the first episode I managed to watch in its airing day and post about it in GAF. :p
Thats true about Teruteru but I take that as a sign that the class was still good
Bandai's was BS :( Hmmm yeah, not sure if Kodaka was planning DR2's plot while writing 0, but since there are no references to the 77th class acting weird, they did left it open.

Izayoi makes more sense now tbh.

Controlled since childhood? That's fucked up.
That's probably why he didn't really show any kind of personality aside from liking candy and doing pretty much whatever Ruruka said.

Ahah ah

WHAT A GREAT EPISODE

Kirigiri
is a detective .. that's a fact ..and damn did she showed us what it means.

Plenty of nice clues during this episode that actually reinforces my previous theory.

Wasn't there a flashback
of juzo with junko ? Considering it was a " i failed" moment , i can't wait for the despair episode ..gonna be awesome.

FStubbs

Future 8

Can someone please kill Ruruka? Anyone? I don't care how much of an asspull it needs to be, just let me see her miserable body hit the ground. The NG code clearly isn't going to do her in.

Given what she looks like without the coat, her body is probably the opposite of miserable. I guess she's the typical A in beauty, F as a human being individual.

Thoughts on the episode beyond that:

1. The room was full of traps. You know, suppose Ruruka DID tell Izayoi her NG code, he said "okay, we won't go. And let's put traps in here so no one else can go either" and then she killed him anyway just in case?
1a. If she really has been controlling him since childhood, wow. Though I'm not sure - would she have been able to do this before she got access to Seiko's drugs?
2. Interesting how Juzo decides to leave rather than "help Munakata" by getting rid of Kyoko and Ryota.
3. Kizakura was a good guy all along. Cool.
4. I guess Komaru is out of the game. Munakata will probably have dispatched of Miaya-bot by next ep, but it was very interesting Miaya-bot didn't recognize him. I should look at the other data first.
5. With Byakuya in the building, no way Hiro was one of the 16. Let's see:

a. Makoto - alive
b. Hina - alive
c. Kyoko - alive
d. Mitarai - alive
e. Tengan - dead
f. Munakata - alive
g. Chisa - dead
h. Juzo - alive
i. Ruruka - alive
j. Seiko - dead
k. Izayoi - dead
l. Bandai - dead
m. Gozu - dead
n. Kizakura - dead
o. Miaya - "alive"

Yup. Either someone extra is hiding in the building or we have a fake death. I think this week's Despair will give some more clues but right now I'm leaning toward whoever the mystery 13th division head is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom