• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

We need Izuru or Hopeman to show up and save the future arc. Munakata may be the worst character in the series.
That's my hot take

Ruruka unquestionably takes that crown for worst actions + worst motivations. "I'll betray you before you betray me!" Fuck off.

Munakata on the other hand has had questionable actions but his motivations are what will make or break him. We have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. He built the Overseas Branch with an identical underwater location... why? He killed Tengan and Juzo... why? He didn't know the identity of the mastermind, yet blames Despair for forcing him to kill Juzo... why?

If there is a good answer to these questions, Munakata won't be terrible.

Two things

1. This is definitely an anime by now. Why? Well, consider that Munakata very likely is not the mastermind, and very likely did not build the underground facility, nor was he involved. Therefore, the only person who could have done it?

Ryota.

Yes, Ryota did it. By animating it.

2. Ruruka was not killed by an NG, and I'm nearly certain that she was not killed by the attacker. There was a lot of anger behind that killing, and unlike the others, she was not simply stabbed nor was she suspended. Which would mean one of two things:

2a. The game is over, and Kyoko is not actually dead.
2b. The game is continuing, and a hidden participant is dead.

EDIT: For 1., I suppose I forgot the angle that Munakata may have built the underwater area for a yet unrevealed purpose.

TWILT

Banned
I am so so SALTY right now. Kyoko is my favorite character in the series, so I was super scared when she kept making all those speeches about hope to Makoto and to have her killed off like that mannnnn FUCK MAKOTO

and I'm not even sure how I'm gonna feel if it's somehow was just some dumbass fake out. *sigh*

I am so so SALTY right now. Kyoko is my favorite character in the series, so I was super scared when she kept making all those speeches about hope to Makoto and to have her killed off like that mannnnn FUCK MAKOTO

and I'm not even sure how I'm gonna feel if it's somehow was just some dumbass fake out. *sigh*

Would my fakeout be acceptable

Munakata is hilariously terrible. Guess we can't have our Raiden Jack the Ripper jokes in V3 because we have Dark Edgemaster here. If you notice, pretty much every single scene with him is some vague bullshit.

Tengan whispering something to him. Him killing Juzo and then saying "YOU KNOW WHY." Him going edge mode.

Chase17

Ruruka unquestionably takes that crown for worst actions + worst motivations. "I'll betray you before you betray me!" Fuck off.

Munakata on the other hand has had questionable actions but his motivations are what will make or break him. We have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. He built the Overseas Branch with an identical underwater location... why? He killed Tengan and Juzo... why? He didn't know the identity of the mastermind, yet blames Despair for forcing him to kill Juzo... why?

If there is a good answer to these questions, Munakata won't be terrible.
Oh yeah, Ruraka is definitely worse in a morality sense (and probably as a character as a whole). I was more so thinking in terms that he is the worst due to the amount of importance placed on the character and how weak (and boring) if a characters he's been. Throughout the series we see that Juzo and Chisa are loyal to him (to a fault) and so far all we get out of Yu is that he wants to stop despair by killing Makoto or something. I know Nagito had weird ways of wanting hope too, but the way they did it with his character made him interesting and worked for me.

But as you said we still have a lot to be revealed about Yu. I just wish it could have come a little earlier in the shows run. Hopefully he gets some more moments in the Depair arc soon to flesh out his character. I'd be surprised if they can retroactively improve my perception of him through the fisrt 3/4ths of the show though.

Nohar

Well, Kyoko will survive, thanks to the little detail someone pointed out here.

I just hope that next Despair episode will have better animation. The last one really bummed me out.

Oh yeah... Someone really needs to make a music mashup called Reach out to the Rules of Nature.

This will have to do for now.

I'm gonna be really upset if they BS Kyoko back to life though. They've already done a fake-out death already; two would just be plain bad writing for the sake of shock value. Fool me once, and so on.

I'm really enjoying this anime so far and think its strong points shine brightly enough to obscure its faults, but I'm already anticipating one cop-out with the whole "brainwashing video" nonsense and another one in close proximity would seriously sour the grand ending that they're building to.

h0tp0ck3t

Naw Chiaki's gotta come out on top. We need some hope to balance all this fucking despair

I'm still predicting she's gonna get fucked up this week though

Eumi

Munakata is hilariously terrible. Guess we can't have our Raiden Jack the Ripper jokes in V3 because we have Dark Edgemaster here. If you notice, pretty much every single scene with him is some vague bullshit.

Tengan whispering something to him. Him killing Juzo and then saying "YOU KNOW WHY." Him going edge mode.
Ok, you just turned me 180 on Munakata. Dude has a high freq blade, one eye, and loves spouting edgy bullshit. He's the Super High School Level Edgelord!

TWILT

Banned
Would my fakeout be acceptable

While I'm not sure if I'd like it, I actually think the whole thing being anime if true would actually be a pretty cool twist. I'd have to see how well they pull it off, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be a little relieved.

Now if they do the potential fakeout with the antidote detail mentioned a few pages back...yeah, no. Fool me once...

So this week we watch Kyoko die
and likely Chiaki.

This sucks.

:(

It's funny how they could end the very last episode with Hiro falling into a man hole, dying, add a laugh track, and likely nobody would be upset lol

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HER?!?!

Man, I knew it was coming, but it still hit really hard. There goes my favorite character. ;_;

KODAKA IT BETTER BE WORTH IT

Jazzem

Ahah wow, Munakata isn't too popular on here eh.

Episode ending has properly bummed me out, as much as it's a fair move in terms of raising the stakes. Dammit, the scene before they go to sleep is so damn sad knowing the outcome :(

Was Kyoko's NG code predicted at all? It completely blindsided me, though it seems a bit obvious in retrospect, especially with all the foreshadowing of Naegi being responsible for a death.

Debirudog

I'm also not sure if it's fair to call Munakuta a bad character when we really just don't know his motives. Whatever Tengan revealed to him, drove him nuts.

But then again, it really could be a flimsy reason lol

Permanently A

I'm also not sure if it's fair to call Munakuta a bad character when we really just don't know his motives. Whatever Tengan revealed to him, drove him nuts.

The mastermind reveal is either going to be the most amazing or the most disappointing thing.

You guys are complicated.

Rage at the anime if they permanently kill her off.
Rage at the anime if they revive her.

Of course, her not dying in the first place would've been ideal. I would rather have lost any of the other survivors than lose Kirigiri, and that's exactly why they killed her. Fuckers.

Debirudog

I don't care if they actually fake it out twice.

Fuck, y'all, "this is bad writing" standpoint. Who fucking cares, I like kyoko. :(

PsionBolt

I mean, it's Danganronpa. When someone decides to turn murder-y, it's always a flimsy reason.

T-Rex.

Banned
Gonna be so hype when Hajizuru rolls up after taking control of the helicopters and shit that were sent to Jabberwock.

Debirudog

Of course, her not dying in the first place would've been ideal. I would rather have lost any of the other survivors than lose Kirigiri, and that's exactly why they killed her. Fuckers.

But it makes sense from a writing standpoint...Kirigiri is the closest to Hope boy. Who else??? But if you don't like any of the other characters (I still like Naegiri, or would like to see what he's going through and Asahina etc) then that's fair I guess.

DNAbro

You guys are complicated.

Rage at the anime if they permanently kill her off.
Rage at the anime if they revive her.

If they kill her it's upsetting cause people don't like seeing their fav character die. If they "revive" her that means that will the second fake out they tried to pull on us and that is just kind of annoying and bad writing. I mean there is already evidence that it is probably a fakeout again.

dont we kind of know? Kizakura told Jin that Munakata was making a play to take control of hope's peak back in despair arc. Juzo said the game was working out for Munakata as he would now easily become the chairman. the dude has a mixture of power hungriness, crazy aggressive, and Nagito's do anything in the name of hope attitude without Nagito's more likeable traits.

Permanently A

Only way the Kirigiri fakeout would be tolerable is if Asahina switch theory is true and the first fakeout was used to disguise it, meaning Asahina really is dead

also for the height thing, Chisa is wearing heels in the group pic, maybe without heels she is the same height, also SHSL Makeup Artist can be involved and might even fool Kirigiri

Debirudog

If they kill her it's upsetting cause people don't like seeing their fav character die. If they "revive" her that means that will the second fake out they tried to pull on us and that is just kind of annoying and bad writing. I mean there is already evidence that it is probably a fakeout again.

Well, if they hinted it before, then at least we know before hand, it was bullshit. :p

Dammit, while watching I was thinking now that mechagahara is gone and that Hagakure is clearly out of the game I'm hoping next episode's survivor count will clear things up but then they had to give us at least another doubtful death.

I'm with 'Future Arc is an anime'. But not a despair anime, a hope anime, to brainwash despair into hope. Mitarai save us all.

Also I don't buy the Hina's height argument. This is just inconsistency in the anime about an unimportant detail. Check the scene this episode when Makoto, Kyouko, Hina and Mitarai are eating, there's even a moment when Hina should appear taller than Makoto because she is closer to the viewer's point of view but instead she looks shorter!

R.D.Blax

I wonder how people would feel if if Kyoko really died, the Chisa-Hina switch is true with Hina already dead, Togami killed by the explosion and Makoto dying at the end.

And Weedman still fucking alive

So Boxer was definitely in love with Yu, I wonder if Yu's code actually isn't about doors and it was similar to Kyoko's.

Great Gozu had THE BEST NG code, just had to watch out for someone trying to roll him up and grabbing the tights.

Surprised Ruruka died, that whole subplot ended with all 3 of them dying before getting the chance to learn or change, classic despair. I expected if Ruruka were to die it would at least be while she was awake so she would have time to regret everything,

#dicksoutforKyoko

Eumi

I wonder how people would feel if if Kyoko really died, the Chisa-Hina switch is true with Hina already dead, Togami killed by the explosion and Makoto dying at the end.

And Weedman still fucking alive
You know, I just thought. What if it isn't Ultimate Fortunetelling. It's just straight up ultimate Luck again. Dudes just been making lucky guesses, and his luck is what's keeping him alive.

if it is an anime, it's definitely to reform certain members of the Future Foundation. The first two victims were definitely more of Naegi's mindset from the outset. Almost everybody else who has died died from either saving someone or after an epiphany. Munakata's reformation would be the ultimate goal as his mindset is actually dangerous and could cause further despair even if hope was the goal.

I wouldn't be too happy if it ends up being another "simulation" honestly. That would pretty much be exactly like DR2, except it's an anime instead of a game.

R.D.Blax

So Boxer was definitely in love with Yu, I wonder if Yu's code actually isn't about doors and it was similar to Kyoko's.

Great Gozu had THE BEST NG code, just had to watch out for someone trying to roll him up and grabbing the tights.

Surprised Ruruka died, that whole subplot ended with all 3 of them dying before getting the chance to learn or change, classic despair. I expected if Ruruka were to die it would at least be while she was awake so she would have time to regret everything,

#dicksoutforKyoko

With the look of absolute terror she had when we see her body, I think she was fully awake and probably suffered all the way until her death, without being able to cry because of all the candy stuffed inside her mouth... Someone really hated her it seems

NotLiquid

What kind of sucks is how little Kyoko got her time to shine in this anime. I get what Kodaka meant about this being the kind of story that would have made more sense as an anime but everything has followed a sort of predictable path of one character getting exposition in the very same episode that they get picked off for. Kyoko spent a large majority of the anime just keeping to herself and not even getting much chance to interact with the rest of the DR1 cast. Her death here seems rather unceremonious even if unpredictable.

I guess that's my main problem with the Future Arc so far, characters are getting killed way too fast. It feels like a side effect of the format they went with since in the games there were large patches of time where people wouldn't be dying. But even by the game standards it felt like despite the dwindling numbers of characters there was still a solid group remaining by the end of it. In contrast things feel like they're being spread a little too thin in this one. Even if Kyoko dying makes sense in terms of creating an eleventh hour impact I don't feel like the series has "earned" it yet in a way and right now the anime is stuck with only really two-three people left to actually care about.

Unless something absolutely insane happens in the last two episodes of the Future Arc it's going to be a little hard to maintain investment other than just seeing it end at this point.

Totally not being salty just because my second favorite character is dead and my OTP is dead in the waters.

Permanently A

Can't believe Kirigiri dies while fucking Juzo gets to live.

What kind of sucks is how little Kyoko got her time to shine in this anime. I get what Kodaka meant about this being the kind of story that would have made more sense as an anime but everything has followed a sort of predictable path of one character getting exposition in the very same episode that they get picked off for. Kyoko spent a large majority of the anime just keeping to herself and not even getting much chance to interact with the rest of the DR1 cast. Her death here seems rather unceremonious even if unpredictable.

I guess that's my main problem with the Future Arc so far, characters are getting killed way too fast. It feels like a side effect of the format they went with since in the games there were large patches of time where people wouldn't be dying. But even by the game standards it felt like despite the dwindling numbers of characters there was still a solid group remaining by the end of it. In contrast things feel like they're being spread a little too thin in this one. Even if Kyoko dying makes sense in terms of creating an eleventh hour impact I don't feel like the series has "earned" it yet in a way and right now the anime is stuck with only really two-three people left to actually care about.

Unless something absolutely insane happens in the last two episodes of the Future Arc it's going to be a little hard to maintain investment other than just seeing it end at this point.

Totally not being salty just because my second favorite character is dead and my OTP is dead in the waters.

kirigiri isn't going to die

qi9BEWD.jpg

With the look of absolute terror she had when we see her body, I think she was fully awake and probably suffered all the way until her death, without being able to cry because of all the candy stuffed inside her mouth... Someone really hated her it seems

Yeah I didn't notice the tears before.

Ruruka was murdered out of pure rage, almost like she was mauled by an animal. Monster Seiko is the only one we know of who would be something like that to her but she's dead......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom