• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy SHIT. I did not expect them to actually go there, especially after Koichi saved her. I'm sad she went, but points for doing something big like that. Monaca knew what was up. *Reads thread* Welp... I really hope this isn't another fakeout, but it's looking like we're headed that way. :/

This episode was a straight up massacre. Miaya-bot, Juzo, Ruruka and Kyoko(?)... And holy hell, the attacker went to town on Ruruka. I totally thought she was going to make it out of this too.

I don't think Sonosuke was ever hypnotized in the same way Juzo was last episode... I think he was just that pathetic.

not convinced it's real tho. feeling more and more like that happy ending thing is gonna come true

I do keep wondering about that Hiro prediction... The way they brought it up makes me think it was more than a joke, but who knows.

Gradon

Here are some random theories / thoughts.

Aoi could easily move the barricade they made in that room, allowing her to escape and kill Ruruka. She could've also killed Gozu in the locked room they made in Episode 2. I don't think she did it, but it's a possibility...

If we are running with Kyoko isn't actually dead theory... Then the bottle of the Cure medicine is placed to the right of Aoi and far away from Kyoko. If Aoi did kill others she could've retrieved the Cure (knowing Kyoko's NG code) and using it on her... Another reason why none of the originals were murdered by the attacker if it was Aoi, she wanted to protect them. (But again, I seriously doubt it. Just a possibility).

If Kyoko is playing dead and Aoi didn't kill anyone / isn't involved at all, then depending on when she drank it could depend on its effect. If she drank it before she was poisoned and she survives, then that's cool. If she drank it when she was awoken by the poison killing her then she survives... That means Bandai could be alive too.

If she drank it but died regardless... Then the cure is no help...

I think I'm going to debunk the Aoi is Chisa theory. Aoi's reaction was very real for seeing her close friend dead. She even called her Kyoko.

Another theory is if Juzo's NG code isn't actually him punching people. We've seen this debated before but everyone so far has believed he can't punch anyone. What if that is a red herring? What if he is the attacker and Munakata found out from his NG code? Since he's completely insane now I wouldn't put it past Munakata to 'take the reigns of attacker' and he was 'it' after killing Juxo, becoming the attacker and brutally murdering Ando.

I guess everything will make sense once we see the new counter for current people alive.
I expect to see 5. Makoto, Ryota, Aoi and Munakata and our mystery 16th person from the beginning.
It could be 6 with Kyoko still alive or Miaya not counting at all or Juzo still being alive.
It could be 7 - 8 with a mixture of those above.

I can't see Kyoko being dead. Her final prediction was Munakata being the mastermind (which is almost definitely wrong). It would be kinda lame to go out like that.

Otherwise, that was a, uh, despairing episode. Literally everyone is dead. Not sure I like anybody remaining (I guess Aoi is ok).

0XqMx3S.png

Same

Well at least the rest of her body matches up to them now

Haha dark humor at it's best

Now, hope indulcing theory:

Kirigiri is alive boys. Did you guys see that bottle rolling on the floor? That's probably that Cure W stuff that kimura had made in episode 5. They did put too much sreentime for something without relevance .

Razmos

I bet Ruruka was the attacker for that night, so she was awake when she was attacked by whoever it was. Munakata was going in the opposite direction to her when the time limit ran out and Makoto and co were locked away.

There is definitely someone else there

Red Frost

Banned
What if the show ends with Ryota standing to the side of a projector showing the FF members the anime we've been watching and is all like "see, this is what's going to happen if you guys keep acting like assholes." People agree and they reform the future foundation, then fix the world surprisingly easily. No one died and happy ending!

FluxWaveZ

What if the show ends with Ryota standing to the side of a projector showing the FF members the anime we've been watching and is all like "see, this is what's going to happen if you guys keep acting like assholes." People agree and they reform the future foundation, then fix the world surprisingly easily. No one died and happy ending!

Would you actually be satisfied with this ending?

I hope they don't pull some hidden character out of their asses to explain the murders.

The alternating killer is good for everything, here Ryota is the one I see torturing Ruruka. He knows that she killed Yoi via sweets and there's still a lot mystery about Ryota so they can make up a motive.

If there's only one killer than Asahina is the only one I can think of given she's the only one strong enough to pick up Gozu and smash Seiko through a wall.(I can't see Yu being the killer at this point) But the brutality of Ruruka's murder throws that off.

Ruruka fulfilling the good ol crazy shenanigans murder like Nagito and Mukuro before her.

Whoever killed Ruruka did it out of rage. She was completely brutalized. Her death also looks a lot like Nagito's from DR2. Cuts on the legs, mouth wide with terror, impaled through the stomach

Rich!

I did read a neat theory elsewhere...not sure how logical it is.

That the killer does alternate, but is the last one who was killed each time. The mastermind "killed" Chisa, who then killed Gozu, who then killed Seiko (throwing her with enough force to smash her through a wall) and then Seiko killed Ruruka as revenge, mauling her in beast mode and forcing her to choke on her candy.

It...makes sense. Other than how they survive a knife to the heart, of course. It would also explain why munakata has gone crazy and why he stabbed Chisa's body.

Eumi

I did read a neat theory elsewhere...not sure how logical it is.

That the killer does alternate, but is the last one who was killed each time. The mastermind "killed" Chisa, who then killed Gozu, who then killed Seiko (throwing her with enough force to smash her through a wall) and then Seiko killed Ruruka as revenge, mauling her in beast mode and forcing her to choke on her candy.

It...makes sense. Other than how they survive a knife to the heart, of course. It would also explain why munakata has gone crazy and why he stabbed Chisa's body.
That would have to mean that the fake dead bodies are good enough to fool Kirigiri though.

Burbeting

Banned
The only thing I'll feel from any ending where Kyoko remains dead is apathy. I'd much rather have Kodaka just say "fuck you fanbase, none of it was real or mattered, please be excite for V3" than that.

Just because your waifu died doesn't mean that the ending should be assed :p.

--

I have to admit I laughed at the "Kirigiri bacon hands" line more than I should have.

The only thing I'll feel from any ending where Kyoko remains dead is apathy. I'd much rather have Kodaka just say "fuck you fanbase, none of it was real or mattered, please be excite for V3" than that.

Are you emotionally broken because your waifu died? lol

I still want to know how this leads to V3. If I'm not mistaken it comes out this year.

Eumi

Are you emotionally broken because your waifu died? lol

I still want to know how this leads to V3. If I'm not mistaken it comes out this year.
They've said it has nothing to do with V3.

I mean I'm sure they're filthy fucking liers but still.

They've said it has nothing to do with V3.

I mean I'm sure they're filthy fucking liers but still.

Kodaka is a dirty liar. Trolled me in the beggining with the recap episode, trolled with aoi, is about to troll with kirigiri.

I bet they even made a troll trailer.

Razmos

If they do revive Kirigiri I imagine it will be a double fake out. Asahina could only have that medicine if she killed Seiko so either Asahina isn't her at all or she's a traitor

Maybe she went crazy and fell into Despair after the death of her brother

I'm actually more interested to what is happening on Jabberwock island since they teased the island under attack and Hinata/Izuru saying he is bored. I'm gonna flip my shit if it doesn't show next week.

Rich!

I'm actually more interested to what is happening on Jabberwock island since they teased the island under attack and Hinata/Izuru saying he is bored. I'm gonna flip my shit if it doesn't show next week.

Maybe the underground area is under Jabberwock island?

Oh yeah and I think kirigiri will be ok. The real death will be togami.

Alec

Her final prediction was Munakata being the mastermind (which is almost definitely wrong).

She was only in the presence of Ryota when she said that. He said "I can't believe Munakata is the mastermind..." and Kyoko was strangely silent. Ryota has also been giving off some weird vibes for a while. Maybe Kyoko was manipulating Ryota for some reason?

Eumi

Maybe the underground area is under Jabberwock island?

Oh yeah and I think kirigiri will be ok. The real death will be togami.
DR2 does mention the future foundation wanting to establish a HQ on Janberwovk Island. Plus it'd let Hajime come in as a striker at the end to save the day when Makoto fucks up.

Luigi87

She was only in the presence of Ryota when she said that. He said "I can't believe Munakata is the mastermind..." and Kyoko was strangely silent. Ryota has also been giving off some weird vibes for a while. Maybe Kyoko was manipulating Ryota for some reason?

That's what I'm wondering.

She clearly did not agree with Ryota's assertion in contrast to what she implied, and it seems like she may have been reading him based on his jumping to that conclusion.

Yeah, there's definitely room for this to be the case. But I feel she needs to be alive for that.

Kalor

Kyoko's death was telegraphed pretty obviously like all the other kills but she's probably still alive. I would prefer that they didn't try to do a fake out even if they are the most interesting character from DR1 but she seemed to be suspicious of Aoi when they are barricading the room so I presume she would come back and reveal Aoi as Chisa, probably not revealing it beforehand to protect Makoto.

During the scene before the night night drug hits, Ryota kept getting angry faced and clenching his fists where Kirigiri was talking hope to Makoto, which made me think that either

A) Ryota is the mastermind and hates hope

or

B) Ryota isn't the mastermind but has to make sure the game plays out according to a specific plan. He knew Kirigiri was going to die but didn't say anything because if it didn't go according to plan then he would die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom