• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted? Someone on reddit looked it up, and the program listing confirms that Despair Arc will indeed end at episode 11. The following week there is a “Danganronpa 3 special program” in place of a 12th Despair episode.

Her body hasn't decomposed instantly from the poison like everyone else. No way she's dead.
She has significantly less blood on her face than Bandai. No creepy veins either.

It's probably going to happen.

I'm wondering if she laced the tea with Seiko's medicine to try and hedge her bets. She did examine Seiko's body, so she could've easily taken it from her corpse.

Her being alive is something else they can use to show Kyosuke he's in the wrong, so I'm honestly expecting it at this point.

During the scene before the night night drug hits, Ryota kept getting angry faced and clenching his fists where Kirigiri was talking hope to Makoto

Ryota's reactions throughout the episode stood out to me too. He's the only one left where we don't have a very good idea what his NG Code is, so it could be related to that.

Barring them pinning everything on the hidden 16th participant, all signs are pointing toward either Ryota or Chisa-Hina being the traitor. Kyosuke seems like an obvious distraction and it's not Makoto. I don't think it's the actual Hina, so that narrows things down to 2-3 people (depending on if you buy the Chisa theory).

Wait, there are only 12 episodes? I thought there were 13. Well, dang. Do we have any date for the game?

It was billed as 12 episodes for each side, 24 total. Depending on what they do with the special, it could be only 23. New Danganronpa V3 was slated for this year, but it's looking likely that it'll get pushed to 2017.

Shouta

They just had to go with Kyoko. Daaaaaaamn it. I'm OK with it being a cop-out if she survives. Even more OK with it if she doesn't come unharmed because at least it won't be "Haha, got you!" and it was a gamble on her part.

I found it amusing they flashed back to what Ruruka did because that only made her look more like an asshole. Sakakura getting merc'd was not unexpected. I'm just curious at what he was going to say. It was probably "I was in love with Yukizome" but I'd laugh if it was something more serious.

Rich!

They just had to go with Kyoko. Daaaaaaamn it. I'm OK with it being a cop-out if she survives. Even more OK with it if she doesn't come unharmed because at least it won't be "Haha, got you!" and it was a gamble on her part.

I found it amusing they flashed back to what Ruruka did because that only made her look more like an asshole. Sakakura getting merc'd was not unexpected. I'm just curious at what he was going to say. It was probably "I was in love with Yukizome" but I'd laugh if it was something more serious.

I think it's safe to say out of Yukizome and Munakata it wasn't Chisa he was in love with...

I can't say Ando is a particularly likable, but I do sort of commend Kodaka for going all in on making her, killing the only person who'd ever love her out of fear of being emotionally betrayed. I wonder if I'm the only one who appreciated that.

RE: Juzo gay for Kyosuke; I guess that makes sense in regards to the previous information, but I had interpreted the scene with him and Chisa back in... episode six I think, as him being jealous of Munakata, not Chisa, though I guess it could work either way.

My bet now is that Chisa is the mastermind (with or without some Junko help) while Ryota is her accomplice. I think Juzo killed 'Chisa' without being in on the plot.

T-Rex.

Banned
Juzo is actually in love with
Emilia

Edit: If there is a cure then why was Seiko so shook when Ruruka threatened to step on her shadow?

Yeah, uh, juzo is in love with Munkata if anyone.

T-Rex.

Banned
I like the theory that
the killer rotates every time, but the person nominated to be the killer actually gets influenced by the monitors (would tie in with the focus on the anime brainwashing in despair) and ends up killing him/herself as a result. Would kind of explain why Ruruka's death was so savage compared to the others; she felt guilty about what she'd done.

I can't say Ando is a particularly likable, but I do sort of commend Kodaka for going all in on making her, killing the only person who'd ever love her out of fear of being emotionally betrayed. I wonder if I'm the only one who appreciated that.
Hear, hear. I liked that scene a lot, even though Izayoi is not the best character in the world, I think Kodaka did a pretty good job with both of them, and I'm not a Ruruka fan in the slightest (Kizakura :'( ).

And I agree completely with most here, Kyoko is definitely going to come back. The biggest question for me now is what the hell is up with Mitarai, both scenes of him making the fist and him looking at his reflection on his cell phone were weird as fuck. Still, I don't think he's the mastermind or anything like that.

Eumi

I like the theory that
the killer rotates every time, but the person nominated to be the killer actually gets influenced by the monitors (would tie in with the focus on the anime brainwashing in despair) and ends up killing him/herself as a result. Would kind of explain why Ruruka's death was so savage compared to the others; she felt guilty about what she'd done.
That'd also explain why it looked so much like Nagito, since that one was also suicide.

Shouta

Yeah, uh, juzo is in love with Munkata if anyone.

Despair 6 has that conversation that about Yukizome's feelings towards Munakata and Sakakura is mad after she leaves that there's no room for him. The flow of the conversation definitely points to him liking Yukizome. It'd be some weird writing for that to refer to Munakata there considering what the topic was.

Then again, there's that line in Ep 4 from Yukizome...

Did I miss any other hints in the show? I'd rather it be Yukizome because if it was Sakakura liking Munakata, what just happened in Future 9 is way more blegh to me.

Drago

She has significantly less blood on her face than Bandai. No creepy veins either.

It's probably going to happen.

Her symptoms seemed pretty close to Izayoi's where only half of their faces went purple and veiny

GJZv8D4.jpg

I want to say she's definitely dead but that medicine bottle is too fucking suspect. I want them to commit to this but I absolutely see them backpedaling too...

FluxWaveZ

The only thing I'll feel from any ending where Kyoko remains dead is apathy. I'd much rather have Kodaka just say "fuck you fanbase, none of it was real or mattered, please be excite for V3" than that.

So for the sake of character favoritism/waifus, you're okay with sacrificing the actual quality of the writing?

This is the reason I fear for the future direction of this franchise sometimes.

Hear, hear. I liked that scene a lot, even though Izayoi is not the best character in the world, I think Kodaka did a pretty good job with both of them, and I'm not a Ruruka fan in the slightest (Kizakura :'( ).

I mean I agree with most that Izayoi is barely a character at all, I just think it's poetically tragic that she kills the only person who ever loved her for who she was, regardless of whether she deserves even that.

I think I've figured it out. Munakata's NG code doesn't prevent him from opening doors, but instead prevents him from
being a good character.

Anyway, I think I'm in the Kyoko fake out camp. There's no way in hell that Kodaka would have her die with her final deduction being totally incorrect.

FStubbs

Kyoko is my favourite character in the franchise, but I don't want her to un-die tbh. If they're doing this whole thing again, they should commit to it this time and not deus ex machina the waifu back to life.

However, I'm not sure I really want to continue Future because Kyoko was the only character left who I cared about. I might just start pretending that DR3 wasn't canon at all and move on.
And replay DR1 extensively.

Gathering my thoughts, but is Kyoko the waifu in DR3? Aoi's the one who's been by Makoto's side nearly the entire time :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just wait till the plot twist is that its a computer simulation happening in servers under water. The explosion and rubble were all a clever ruse.

Chase17

Just wait till the plot twist is that its a computer simulation happening in servers under water. The explosion and rubble were all a clever ruse.
We will find out that DR1 was actually just a computer sim, and DR2 was simply a computer sim within a computer sim.

The_Kid

Kyoko isn't dead. The whole "I'll always be by your side is clearly hinting at that." It's going to be her lurking behind the scenes again like DR1.

Red Frost

Banned
So for the sake of character favoritism/waifus, you're okay with sacrificing the actual quality of the writing?

This is the reason I fear for the future direction of this franchise sometimes.

To be fair, I don't know if I'd call this good writing if she stays dead. It's anti-climactic as hell even if she did leave notes behind and reeks of rushed development.

Not that DR is a stranger to that kind of thing, as was the case with Ishimaru. Still it would be wholly unsatisfying.

I think her coming back only to reveal that the first fake out was real would be much better. Keeps with Kodaka 's trolling nature while also being a compelling non-copout development.

Chase17

Kyoko's death reminds me that in DR1 I had originally convinced myself that she wanted me to sell her out and got the bad ending (whoops)

FStubbs

Just now realised Gozu's NG was so fucking broken, no way he would have died with that.

It's broken to the point that he's suspicious now. I was ready to write him off after rewatching the first episode, but come on. It would be like giving Aoi a NG code of "can't lose a swimming match".

Mitarai is shady, shady, shady right now.

Actually, so is Juzo. Munakata did not identify him as "despair" but killed him anyway, saying "you know why". After taking a spear and surviving, though ...

Hmm, yeah, I definitely don't think that Kyoko's dead

And Gozu is SO FUCKING SUSPECT

I'm convinced that Bandai and Gozu are opposite ends of the suspicion coin. Bandai's NG is suspiciously difficult to survive, Gozu's NG is suspiciously easy to survive.

I keep saying it, Gozu very much has left so many red flags around.

1. NG
2. His goals - protect Makoto - are the same as the attacker's (assuming Munakata is accurate in his assessment)
3. Unless I'm mistaken, he never praises hope, only Makoto's strength to wield it

Gozu wasn't protecting Makoto's hope, he was protecting Makoto's strength to wield hope for despair.

Vamphuntr

Eager to see how it will end. I find it pretty disappointing that Kyoko was wrong about the mastermind unless she lied on purpose because she doesn't trust Ryota or she thinks the mastermind is spying on them. I was wondering how does the bracelet detects you did something wrong. I guess the best answer is that mastermind is watching at all time and activating the poison when the condition is triggered? Otherwise it seems rather far fetched.

It also seems like the victim actually wakes up when attacked by the killer. Chisa had tears on her face and worst girl had her eyes open in shock. I guess the killer/first killer was someone Chisa cared about.

Vamphuntr

Hmm, yeah, I definitely don't think that Kyoko's dead

And Gozu is SO FUCKING SUSPECT

I'm convinced that Bandai and Gozu are opposite ends of the suspicion coin. Bandai's NG is suspiciously difficult to survive, Gozu's NG is suspiciously easy to survive.

I keep saying it, Gozu very much has left so many red flags around.

1. NG
2. His goals - protect Makoto - are the same as the attacker's (assuming Munakata is accurate in his assessment)
3. Unless I'm mistaken, he never praises hope, only Makoto's strength to wield it

Gozu wasn't protecting Makoto's hope, he was protecting Makoto's strength to wield hope for despair.

I always thought Bandai was a joke character (especially with his voice) and got offed first to show them how the forbidden action system worked and what happened if you broke your NG code.

The suspicious thing about Gozu is that we don't really know who is underneath the mask. It might not be the real Gozu after all. Did Kyoko investigate his body? I don't remember for him but she definitely did for the others. The only way he would lose to his NG code would be if he were asleep haha. It's a bit weird the killer stabbed him then,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom