• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say, it would be hilarious if Seiko's antidote worked and Bandai has just been playing dead in his corner to avoid dealing with violent psychopaths.

The suspicious thing about Gozu is that we don't really know who is underneath the mask. It might not be the real Gozu after all. Did Kyoko investigate his body? I don't remember for him but she definitely did for the others. The only way he would lose to his NG code would be if he were asleep haha. It's a bit weird the killer stabbed him then,

She did, and she took off his mask. She covered his face with a tissue out of respect for his honor.

Gathering my thoughts, but is Kyoko the waifu in DR3? Aoi's the one who's been by Makoto's side nearly the entire time :p

Don't forget Chiaki. If Chiaki ends up surviving Despair Arc and enters Future, she is unquestionably the waifu of DR3.

Chase17

5IUkIYx.jpg

This about sums up Narukami's actions this episode

lol

nothing, her hand was open when they woke up but then makoto picked it up to read her NG code

she's gonna be fine but her hand doesn't have anything to do with anything

edit: oh or am i dumb and you're talking about the notebook in which case who knows!!

I'm pretty sure Kyoko drugged herself so she wouldn't wake up and break her NG code. It would totally be out of character for her not to have a plan to deal with the situation.

I'm pretty sure Kyoko drugged herself so she wouldn't wake up and break her NG code. It would totally be out of character for her not to have a plan to deal with the situation.

This is why I'm most suspicious. Not the medicine. Kyoko has proven herself across the DR franchise to be a very capable, smart person. I can't imagine she went this entire game, four rounds no less, with no plan outside of "give Naegi some positive vibes."

That, and her calling out Munakata as the mastermind seems SUPER misguided for her. A total swing and a miss, which is rare if not unheard of for her.

And then on top of that, we found out through her that everything took place underground, but is the only thing she figured out from the bodies really revealed last episode? Is that all there was to glean from them? I'm not so sure. I think she took a gamble with the medicine, and that gamble isn't going to leave her unharmed, but it's going to spare her life.

I still think Chisa is the mastermind here, especially after Tengan revealed the truth to Munakata and it caused him to recoil. Not to mention he even goes on to say that the answer is so simple that it's TOO simple for Munakata to even recognize.

And then on top of that, we see Chisa heading to the room where Junko and co. are. There's no way she leaves that room in one piece/untouched. And hey, what better way to totally fuck up the class than to find out that their beloved teacher has become this despair-filled monster?

I'M HOLDING TO IT.

Amani

Pretty much don't have much to say about Future 9 that hasn't already been discussed. Kyoko's pretty much been a time bomb the whole series. Though to be fair, the OP's pretty much given everyone a death flag from the get go.

I am curious as to who Ruruka's killer is. She was still stabbed in the heart with a knife, but it looks as though she was straight up tortured; her eyes were opened wide, candy stuffed in her mouth, clothes torn, some lacerations on her legs, and overall far more brutal than the other knife victims (if Gozu and Chisa were even knifed/dead at this point). Unless there's Super Nagito level nonsense happening, I'm not sure why the killer's only done this with Ruruka. The only two people who knew her and might've had reasons to hate her are dead. Maybe that's a Despair 9 thing?

As for the mastermind, I'm pretty much all on Chisa, but I'm not 100% on the Hina switch theory. I DO believe there was a switch, but with a different person. The only thing that makes me think so is the scene in Despair 1 where Chisa goes to get Imposter Man; she's knocking on the door, then immediately shows up in front of his window. I realize that scene was for laughs, but all this talk of body doubles and manikins is making me suspicious of everything now.

In the end, it won't matter because everyone's gonna die except Hiro, so no one wins.

The whole point of the notebook is for Kyoko to still have a large influence and help everyone from beyond death. If they bring her back after the Hina fake out, Monaca's message, and that nightmare fake out..........enough is enough.

SHE'S DEAD. DEAD I SAY.

This is why I'm most suspicious. Not the medicine. Kyoko has proven herself across the DR franchise to be a very capable, smart person. I can't imagine she went this entire game, four rounds no less, with no plan outside of "give Naegi some positive vibes."

That, and her calling out Munakata as the mastermind seems SUPER misguided for her. A total swing and a miss, which is rare if not unheard of for her.

And then on top of that, we found out through her that everything took place underground, but is the only thing she figured out from the bodies really revealed last episode? Is that all there was to glean from them? I'm not so sure. I think she took a gamble with the medicine, and that gamble isn't going to leave her unharmed, but it's going to spare her life.

I still think Chisa is the mastermind here, especially after Tengan revealed the truth to Munakata and it caused him to recoil. Not to mention he even goes on to say that the answer is so simple that it's TOO simple for Munakata to even recognize.

And then on top of that, we see Chisa heading to the room where Junko and co. are. There's no way she leaves that room in one piece/untouched. And hey, what better way to totally fuck up the class than to find out that their beloved teacher has become this despair-filled monster?

I'M HOLDING TO IT.
I think Kyoko telling Ryota that Kyosuke is the Mastermind was a ploy. Ryota is super suspicious in my mind. Just like your thoughts about Chisa (and I think Chisa is involved somehow too) Ryota was in the clutches of Junko, he isn't just gonna just skip home merrily and join the Future Foundation. He may of escaped her last Despair episode, but something is definitely up with him. (Remember that odd exchange he had with Tengan way at the beginning, right before stuff started to happen?)

P.S. I don't think Juzo is dead yet either. It's unlikely that Naegi & Aoi are gonna be able to go head to head with Kyosuke on a physical level, so I'm expecting some sort of Juzo interference too. (Maybe throwing a saving grace punch at Kyosuke, triggering his NG code, then Kyosuke in one last act of compassion based on his former self, will cut off Juzo's arm saving him from the poison, yet still damning the Ultimate Boxer to never box again, which would be a fitting ending for his character IMO.)

The whole point of the notebook is for Kyoko to still have a large influence and help everyone from beyond death. If they bring her back after the Hina fake out, Monaca's message, and that nightmare fake out..........enough is enough.

SHE'S DEAD. DEAD I SAY.
That's another thing, the notebook just happening to be underneath her body, not immediately noticeable. It's all a set up by her. Since she's almost certainly incapacitated, the notebook is there to be her surrogate while she's knocked out.

I'm now thinking that if any DR1 original is gonna die, it'll be Makoto.

Yeah, I've been thinking that Chisa is involved in this somehow, especially ever since the Tengan reveal. The last Despair episode also pretty clearly gives them a way to turn her into someone on the Despair side. On top of all of that there's the whole theater scene at the beginning of Despair 1. I don't really think that was a joke or afterlife scene, it was definitely there for a reason.

Just T

Future Volume: 8-9

Man fuck DR3, he could have kept this shit to himself.

Despair Volume: 8

Should have watched this in between 8 & 9, couldn't even enjoy Komaeda's shenanigans, too bitter.

Yeah, I've been thinking that Chisa is involved in this somehow, especially ever since the Tengan reveal. The last Despair episode also pretty clearly gives them a way to turn her into someone on the Despair side. On top of all of that there's the whole theater scene at the beginning of Despair 1. I don't really think that was a joke or afterlife scene, it was definitely there for a reason.

Oh my god, I totally forgot about this.

And it completely makes sense, because there haven't been any other moments like that in the series thus far beyond Monokuma's summaries.

Amani

I really, REALLY hope they do something interesting with Makoto in the last few episodes, cuz he's done fucking nothing this entire show. I guess that's partly due to his rather limiting Forbidden Action, but I really want some form of character development. Like, we've had Munakata calling his ideals hollow and that words and sentiment alone won't get shit done, which resulted in a Kyoko pep talk in Future 9, but that felt more like development for her rather than Makoto. I'm not saying make him into the big bad or have him go nuts, or have him turn into super badass self-insert man, but give the boy something.

Future 9

Long time no see, Monokuma. "All leaders are here" Isn't the 13th missing?
OF COURSE IZAYOI WAS KILLED FOR NOTHING. And the building they’re in is underwater as people expected. “you are my reason to die” oh-oh. Hmmm Munakata was distracted from the start with Chisa's death so who knows, maybe he wasn't the one to design the underwater section? Oh, so Munakata did cut fake Miaya just like in the intro!
tumblr_inline_oa73njkC2N1sry2hq_540.png

Lol is Ryota being jealous of Naegi x Kirigiri? So Kirigiri’s forbidden action isn’t talking to Naegi? Dat noodles/ramen reference. Isn't it strange that Asahina hasn't talked so far? “I killed him” lol. Juzo stop fanboying :p WTF Wha?? “You know why” Whaaaat? Maybe Tengan told him it was Juzo who killed Chisa? But why?

Oh so Izayoi did helped Ruruka :D No no no nooooooo god fucking dammit Ruruka ugggh :( So it turns out that Izayoi wasn't brainwashed or anything after all, he just really doesn't have any kind of personality aside from being loyal to Ruruka and liking candy. Oh well. “I shall always be by your side” I have my eyes on you, Ryota!. Let’s see what happens…. Holy holy holy holy damn Ruruka that’s gruesome D: Wow I was 95% sure she was going to survive. I mean, there aren't ANY new girls alive, right? But even if Ruruka turned out to be stupid and unlikeable, I don't think she really deserved that "Nagito-style" death, yikes. WTF KIRIGIRI WHY DID YOU THAT?. WHAT ABOUT KOICHI'S SACRIFICE? Gozu’s action was “being pinned to the ground for a three-count” and Chisa’s was “Munakata dying” huh. So someone did ended up dying because of Makoto :( Where's my bro Togami, tho?

NeonZ

During the scene before the night night drug hits, Ryota kept getting angry faced and clenching his fists where Kirigiri was talking hope to Makoto, which made me think that either

A) Ryota is the mastermind and hates hope

or

B) Ryota isn't the mastermind but has to make sure the game plays out according to a specific plan. He knew Kirigiri was going to die but didn't say anything because if it didn't go according to plan then he would die.

Ryota has also gone from talking about admiring Makoto and wanting to be like him to saying that "I can't see him helping much..." this episode. Monaka went through a similar change while observing Naegi in this game (from interest to completely dismissing him).

Ryota has also gone from talking about admiring Makoto and wanting to be like him to saying that "I can't see him helping much..." this episode. Monaka went through a similar change while observing Naegi in this game (from interest to completely dismissing him).

I totally fogot about that. Also about Monaka, but that's partly because the Ultra Despair Girls ep seemed like a lot of filler just to connect the game's loose ends.

"I'm going to the moon. Lolbye."

Also, if Monaka is in space, who is controlling the robot?

So the only NG codes we don't know now are Ryota & Kyosuke's. (And I guess Miaya.)

While it's not confirmed, it seems likely that Kyosuke's has to do with not opening or going through doors. It has been pointed out that it could also be a metaphor for how hard headed he is and how he needs to be more willing to open the door to new ideas and people.

Ryota is the big mystery. Some people are wondering if it has to do with protecting women, although I'm not so sure about that. I think it's something bigger than that.

Miaya, who knows. I'll take Monaca at her word until proven otherwise. Doesn't really matter, as you can't poison a robot.

Also, if Monaka is in space, who is controlling the robot?

Seemed like it switched to an autonomous mode.

From reddit:
Oh yeah, I was going to comment before that Despair 8 explained why Ryota admired Makoto so much in one of the earlier episodes. While Ryota was weak and ended up helping Junko spread despair, Makoto was the one who actually defeated her and went on to become a symbol of hope. But here in Future 9, his admiration for him looks like it changed to jealousy? Or at least everytime everytime Kyoko talks about Makoto, Ryota seems hesitant.
Seemed like it switched to an autonomous mode.
Isn't it weird that Monaca put an autonomous mode in case she decided to stop participating in the game? Maybe someone else killed Miaya and/or made the robot and Monaca just took advantage of that?

FStubbs

Oh my god, I totally forgot about this.

And it completely makes sense, because there haven't been any other moments like that in the series thus far beyond Monokuma's summaries.

How about Chisa sounding like Despair Chisa when describing her time teaching the Reserve Course?

aoi's ruining the chance to get a double bingo!

i saw people mentioning that ruruka was probably awake when she was killed, which might be the same like with chisa, but i wonder if seiko and gozu were both awake too, we just can't see it due to her hair and mask respectively

I HATE YOU , writter of this anime.

How dare you kill kigiri ?

HOW DARE YOU !!!
God fucking dammit monaca and her "premonition" , only one person can make premonition that are true and that's hagakure !

And where is togami plot armor ?

Why the hell did you kill kigiri godammit

For sure. Iirc the Hina thing was resolved before they played the opening so they didn't even have to deal with that one, which makes me all the more curious about next week.
There's also the matter of Yasuhiro's "eligibility". In the first episode, the counter said 16 remaining, but this was before the game officially started. The second episode said 15 remaining, and this was after finding Chisa's body, but also after Yasuhiro managed to avoid being included in the game.

So if there's something going on with Chisa, as many people suspect, she might still be one of the counted survivors while people assume the total number is including Yasuhiro. (Or there's some mysterious other participant, another theory I've seen.)

FStubbs

I really, REALLY hope they do something interesting with Makoto in the last few episodes, cuz he's done fucking nothing this entire show. I guess that's partly due to his rather limiting Forbidden Action, but I really want some form of character development. Like, we've had Munakata calling his ideals hollow and that words and sentiment alone won't get shit done, which resulted in a Kyoko pep talk in Future 9, but that felt more like development for her rather than Makoto. I'm not saying make him into the big bad or have him go nuts, or have him turn into super badass self-insert man, but give the boy something.

They're going to have to, unless Aoi and Mitarai do something. And that's not happening with either of those two unless they're actually Despair.

From reddit:

Isn't it weird that Monaca put an autonomous mode in case she decided to stop participating in the game? Maybe someone else killed Miaya and/or made the robot and Monaca just took advantage of that?

Damn, that image is filled with dead(/dying) bodies now.

Eh, I think Monaca killed her. She seemed pretty set on seeing Makoto in action before she blasted off into space, and she probably figured out that Miaya was an easy person to shadow. The robot also seemed to be made to her designs. She probably included an autonomous just in case, so she could fuck around with people.

Drago

Damn, that image is filed with dead(/dying) bodies now.

It really is crazy to me just how few people are left now, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one more person dies before the series is over. I was just thinking before this episode too that there were a lot of people still alive this close to the end of the show but episode 9 literally cut the survivor count in half... even if one of them was a robot.

It really is crazy to me just how few people are left now, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one more person dies before the series is over. I was just thinking before this episode too that there were a lot of people still alive this close to the end of the show but episode 9 literally cut the survivor count in half... even if one of them was a robot.

Yeah, while I think the jury is still out on Kyoko, I wasn't expecting half of the people to die in this episode. I honestly could see 1-2 more deaths. Things are escalating quickly, and the NG Codes could really screw someone over.

I wouldn't be shocked if we have a suicide like we see in the opening with Kyosuke and Makoto.

GSR

Dead or Lie?

Dead or Alive?

Kirigiri's too prominent in the OP to die before the last ep, tbh.

I was ready to count Juuzo as an "ambiguous" death but on a rewatch it was pretty thorough (tons of blood from the mouth, sword shown burning him up yet blood not stopping a la cauterization.) In any event I'm expecting survivor count shenanigans next ep.

So at this point the only NG actions we don't know are Munakata and Mitarai. It's probably worth noting that we never got official confirmation of Juuzo's NG action, which opens the door for it being something different (probably Chisa-related.) No real guesses for Munakata or Mitarai's, though I can kind of see Kodaka giving Munakata the extremely mundane "can't use doors" just for laughs. (Unless Mitarai is the attacker and his NG code is "don't kill someone during the sleep period"?)

Mastermind money is still on Nagito, especially if Kirigiri's dead for real. "Kirigiri died because you saved the DR2 students but you weren't wrong saving them because they reformed after all but actually one of them was batshit from the get-go so you still fucked up" is the kind of twisted morality train I could see them going for.

Attacker guesses in order: 16th player, Fakeahina if that's not just animation slipups (which I think it is) = Chisa, Mitarai, Munakata, other. If the 16th player is real and someone that Munakata went out of his way to help/protect/trusted, that could explain why learning their identity from Tengan made him snap.
So if Chiaki gets pulled out of the fire in a Despair ep, welp.
Chisa/Fakeahina would achieve similar. Mitarai would be twisting the knife on the kid himself and could work if he gets further broken in the remaining Despair eps, but doesn't explain why Munakata would flip after hearing his identity. Munakata himself could be brainwashed to kill during the attack phase (anime brainwashing will be this series' nanomachines.) I don't think I buy the alternating attackers theory at this point.

Fandangox

What if Juzo is the first attacker, was the one to kill Chisa (she was crying cause a friend betrayed her) due to his NG code, went out of his way to never punch anyone to fool people about his NG code, its why Yu snaps from what Tengan said and its why he killed him.

He could have learned his real NG code through Greninja's iPhone which is why he says that "you'll make me pay for killing him" he knew Boxer would die if he didn't kill her, so he still felt some remorse.

Doesn't explain Yu stabbing Chisa's corpse though.

From reddit:

Oh yeah, I was going to comment before that Despair 8 explained why Ryota admired Makoto so much in one of the earlier episodes. While Ryota was weak and ended up helping Junko spread despair, Makoto was the one who actually defeated her and went on to become a symbol of hope. But here in Future 9, his admiration for him looks like it changed to jealousy? Or at least everytime everytime Kyoko talks about Makoto, Ryota seems hesitant.

What if Miaya had the robot made?

Fucking hell, I never cared that much for Kyoko so I wasn't to worked up about them killing her off but since there's already signs of that being a fake out I'll be pretty pissed if
when
that ends up being revealed. I'd be okay with that happening only if the Asahina theory turns out to be true though lol.

Eumi

I'm just catching up on the thread and while the conversations moved on I just want to say that I'm not sure Gozu's NG code is easy at all. Sure it's no where near as bad as some of the others, but getting pinned for a three count would be impossible to avoid if you fall asleep. It's kinda the same as Izayois in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom