• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

I really like this idea

and then

next episode....we see...

GJJmfdDl.jpg

So yeah, they very intentionally didn't show you who was on the ship at the end. I am happily looking forward to "Nagito = Mastermind," which I called before the show even started.

Rich!

So yeah, they very intentionally didn't show you who was on the ship at the end. I am happily looking forward to "Nagito = Mastermind," which I called before the show even started.

my guess as to who is on the ship:

not nagito. It's hinatamakura and the other survivors. They're off to stop nagito.

and then

next episode....we see...

GJJmfdDl.jpg

It would be a pleasant surprise, but I have no idea how it would happen - I don't see Hajime/Izuru lowering his guard around him. But this game reeks of master manipulation, and I don't buy that Chisa is alone on this. Even when she has demonstrated her trolling abilities, and with Mitarai probably involved at some degree, I believe there's going to be someone else.

The hilarity of having the thread subtitle to be prophetic. Hahaha.

See, I don't even believe that Nagito did it on purpose. I think it was just a matter of Nagito wanting something, and getting it. It is now just a matter of figuring out why Nagito wants to turn the Future Foundation to despair.

He'll just show up and say, "wow, how lucky that there's SO much despair"

We can operate on an assumption that since Miaya's destruction didn't lower the counter, she doesn't count. And since Monokuma hinted that Yasuhiro is unimportant, he doesn't count. Which would leave us with 13 known participants out of 15 total participants. Of course, one or the other (but not both) could be considered participants, leaving us with only one contentious person, but I think it will turn out that Juzo survived and that we will eventually learn of the 16th participant (Nagito?).

If it does turn out that it's Juzo and Nagito, we're one Asahina death from Ultimate Sausage Fest

Razmos

I'd be.. surprised if Juzo is still alive since it looked like Munakata's sword heated up his insides, but the fact we didn't see him die on screen and there is more of his story to tell (both in Despair and future) it isn't that much of a stretch

sjay1994

So... did Munakata basically kill Juzo because Tengan told him everyone was infected with despair and because everyone is the killer?

Or maybe because Juzo lied to Munakata about Chisa's condition? That would make more sense to me personally, but if its actually the former... LMAO, Munakata might become the biggest idiot in the franchise.

FluxWaveZ

Danganronpa 3 Future 10:

Damn, I got all of this wrong. Gotta give them credit for how Makoto vs. Yu Narukami actually got resolved, though. No asspulls or anything, just Makoto doing his usual thing and managing to convince his opponent. That was neat.

But we're at episode 10 and there's not much that actually happened in this episode; it's why I figured they would start building up towards a grand finale more in this episode.

I'll be impressed if they actually keep Kyoko dead.

I think for one thing being certain, we will get V3 news after the anime is over. Timing checks out.

Likelihood of getting V3 news in approximately 12 hours.

PsionBolt

Future 10

Still no explanation for the ketchup.
Didn't show Izuru punching a boat.

0/10.

At least Despair side feels like Danganronpa.

FluxWaveZ

I'd want Nagito to be involved with Future so bad just for the boost in entertainment value he would bring alone, but I'm now unsure if he's actually behind anything in it.

I just really wonder how exactly they plan to finish off all this in 2 episodes. Maybe the last episode of Despair will actually be a 13th episode for Future?

I'll give Makoto credit for being smart enough to trap Yu in a situation where he's forced to talk it out, dat ultimate luck(plot armor in full effect)

lmao Chisa hit Yu with that "IT WAS ME AUSTIN"

Raiden just standing there screaming so melodramatically must've felt pretty awkward for Naegi......

and that cliffhanger, come on man....

also that shadow when Naegi met Raiden looked like he was getting hanged.

Damn, I got all of this wrong. Gotta give them credit for how Makoto vs. Yu Narukami actually got resolved, though. No asspulls or anything, just Makoto doing his usual thing and managing to convince his opponent. That was neat.

I dunno, Makoto just kinda said one thing that happened to match up with something Chisa once told Munakata and that somehow completely snapped him out of his series-long murderous rage. I remain thoroughly unimpressed.

Chase17

https://youtu.be/l-NidcMz_xk?t=7s
I'll give Makoto credit for being smart enough to trap Yu in a situation where's forced to talk it out, dat ultimate luck(plot armor in full effect)

lmao Chisa hit Yu with that "IT WAS ME AUSTIN"

Raiden just standing there screaming so melodramatically must've felt pretty awkward for Naegi......

and that cliffhanger, come on man....

also that shadow when Naegi met Raiden looked like he was getting hanged.

I was surprised Munakata was able to put aside his despair eradication parade for a second to notice he'd be stuck in there.

I'd want Nagito to be involved with Future so bad just for the boost in entertainment value he would bring alone, but I'm now unsure if he's actually behind anything in it.

I just really wonder how exactly they plan to finish off all this in 2 episodes. Maybe the last episode of Despair will actually be a 13th episode for Future?

considering chisa introduced the despair side, maybe the 12th episode of despair shows that chisa has been narrating all the events of despair up to now to everyone in the final showdown in the future side

FluxWaveZ

I dunno, Makoto just kinda said one thing that happened to match up with something Chisa once told Munakata and that somehow completely snapped him out of his series-long murderous rage. I remain thoroughly unimpressed.

If there's one thing Makoto should excel at, it's tapping into the little hope one might have hidden within and bringing it to the surface. Munakata was being unreasonable and desperate. Makoto was being reasonable and optimistic.

In all of Yu's rampage, he forgot what he was actually fighting for, but his sanity and hope weren't completely gone. In their world, Makoto was right: he was staring deep within the depths of despair without looking at hope. One will eventually become despair themselves like that. Makoto did what he does, and made Yu remember just what his driving force was, before he went nuts.

I like that resolution far better than whatever alternative it could have had, like Makoto killing Yu with his luck or something.

MANUELF

Banned
So Chisa has been a despair since she met Junko then? And no one noticed? REALLY?
Now the theory that Chisa killed Chiaki in front of the 77 class is getting stronger

So I am 100% of the mind that Tengan is (or was) Ultimate Despair. He was showing red flags for a bit, but coming to Makoto's aide lowered them... and replaced them with a RED HERRING. I can't believe that I was so foolish!! I mean fuck, LOOK AT IT

1. Tengan was a part of the Izuru Kamakura project! To create the ULTIMATE HOPE!!

2. Tengan is one of the people who would have most wanted to keep Makoto alive. And guess what? Guess what that would do? It would keep... the ULTIMATE HOPE alive!!

3. How could Tengan have known the nature of the attacker if the theories prove true? If indeed the monitors were displaying the anime, he must have woken up to see them. This means that he either never woke up, or he couldn't be affected. Clearly, Tengan knew about the anime. If so, why wouldn't he share the nature of the videos?

Ultimately, my current prediction is that Nagito is the mastermind, someone involved in the game set up the bracelets (with the explicit intention of manipulating the behaviors of certain people). If we operate on the assumption that the bracelets mean something, then we can possibly infer certain things. Specifically in Tengan's case, we can infer that he is a liar, which is why he is made to answer questions.

So that solves Nagito and that solves Tengan, because clearly, Nagito's importance in Despair MUST transfer to Future, and Tengan has SO MANY RED FLAGS. Whether he is one of the remaining mystery survivors or not, he was Ultimate Despair. All that's left is determining who, exactly, is working for Nagito, since Nagito is likely still on the island.

Oh, and Juzo and Mitarai's NGs are the only ones we do not know. Mitarai I can assume is going to be a HUGE NG, but the fact that Juzo's NG is as of yet unidentified - and the fact that Munakata knows what his NG is - suggests to me that it's something really important too.

FluxWaveZ

So Chisa has been a despair since she met Junko then? And no one noticed? REALLY?
Now the theory that Chisa killed Chiaki in front of the 77 class is getting stronger

Junko's the Ultimate Despair and no one noticed. It makes sense that people would manifest it in different ways. Obviously, to keep doing what they'd doing, people under that influence would need to keep it under wraps. Makes it easier to subtly manipulate others towards their goals, like Chisa did with Munakata; leading him to become more and more desperate with her acting.

That theory of Chisa killing Chiaki in front of class 77 makes very little sense to me.

I think Juzo knew and kept it from Munakata because he thought he was protecting him. Would make the "you know why" before he gets a sword in his stomach make more sense. That or Juzo didn't know and Chisa was just having fun making Munakata fall into despair.

Chiaki isn't going to die, I'm almost sure of it at this point. She is in the heart of evil right now, and her death flags have been waving for so long and with such strength that the notion that she is going to die is simply too predictable. Calling it, Nagito and Chiaki will butt heads, and it will be over Izuru

MANUELF

Banned
Junko's the Ultimate Despair and no one noticed. It makes sense that people would manifest it in different ways. Obviously, to keep doing what they'd doing, people under that influence would need to keep it under wraps. Makes it easier to subtly manipulate others towards their goals, like Chisa did with Munakata; leading him to become more and more desperate with her acting.

That theory of Chisa killing Chiaki in front of class 77 makes very little sense to me.

And Im ABSOLUTELY BAFFLED they never found out about Junko, she certainly wasnt hiding it well and when Danganronpa 0 happened and she was nowhere to be found and simply reappear after a while should have made everyone cautious about her

Chiaki isn't going to die, I'm almost sure of it at this point. She is in the heart of evil right now, and her death flags have been waving for so long and with such strength that the notion that she is going to die is simply too predictable. Calling it, Nagito and Chiaki will butt heads, and it will be over Izuru

i'll be a little disappointed if this ends like the plot of a fanfic

Red Frost

Banned
I feel like Makoto has become a hypocrite, but in a weird way that doesn't exactly benefit him or his beliefs.

For a moment, he entertains the thought of killing Kyoko in a hypothetical where she falls to despair and betrays everyone. That suggests he's aware of consequences of keeping certain despair people alive.

And yet, he saved the remnants, people that for the world at large would be better off dead. Depending on just what that post-credit scene means, there may already be life-coasting consequences. Though if so, I hope they don't just shrug it off like Komaru did when she learned Monaca killed Miaya.

well they were called million class murderers, so lots

I mean directly. I think from a narrative perspective, there's a difference between an indiscriminate terrorist attack and going to a pre-school specifically to stab/shoot/etc children to death.

Either way, I'm sure lots.

Eumi

So the mind control that is complete bullshit is also the cause of Munakata's actions. Thus meaning that practically the entirety of both sides of this anime are all built around the idea that Junko could just make a video that turned anyone into a mind puppet THAT WOULD LAST YEARS WITHOUT REAPPLICATION OF THE MIND CONTROL despite who was watching it.

Like, seriously. Just, do the exact same thing for future, don't do the despair side at all, and just have Chisa being the DR2 casts teacher be a plot twist and have that reveal that she's fallen to despair. That would have been great as it totally makes sense for the home room teacher of that class to have also fallen. There's no need for any of this "hey look, she killed children" crap, just piggyback off the groundwork they layed in DR2.

I mean it wouldn't fix Munakata but it'd help the show somewhat.

Even if Chiaki is alive then where the hell is she. I'd assume if shes alive shes being protected by the good guys because her being in danganronpa 2 meant the ai was modeled off of her. So did they just guess what kind of person she was/is? Which also makes me wonder if shes dead who filled in the blanks on what she was like? Someone close to her? The only people we've seen close to her is class 77, Chisa and Izuru.

Chase17

So the mind control that is complete bullshit is also the cause of Munakata's actions. Thus meaning that practically the entirety of both sides of this anime are all built around the idea that Junko could just make a video that turned anyone into a mind puppet THAT WOULD LAST YEARS WITHOUT REAPPLICATION OF THE MIND CONTROL despite who was watching it.

Like, seriously. Just, do the exact same thing for future, don't do the despair side at all, and just have Chisa being the DR2 casts teacher be a plot twist and have that reveal that she's fallen to despair. That would have been great as it totally makes sense for the home room teacher of that class to have also fallen. There's no need for any of this "hey look, she killed children" crap, just piggyback off the groundwork they layed in DR2.

I mean it wouldn't fix Munakata but it'd help the show somewhat.

Mind control that was good enough to make her a sleeper agent/obeyer of Junko for years.

Red Frost

Banned
That's another thing, this is some REALLY good brainwashing. Creating a distinct and cognizant personality, maintaining the illusion of the old personality, making a single subject an object of worship, having it last indefinitely; Ryota had some really good shit going on with his skillset.

Fuck this plot point.

Burbeting

Banned
That was a pretty great episode over-all. The whole first 10 minutes before Naegi and Munakata started fighting was some slow pacing that the show was needing at the moment. The twists in general weren't that impressive (not a fan if all of the plot is resolved with Kyoko's obituary), but the tone felt closer to danganronpa in some ways, while retaining the seriousness of DR3 Future side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom