• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiages

Banned
I kinda hope Kyoko is dead tbh

No more fakeouts or BS Kodaka

No more

also it really looked like the poison ran its complete course by the time they woke up anyway

Capndrake

Future 10

Well, Kyoko's still dead (for now), but the survivor counter at the start said 6, so I guess it's Juzo who's actually not dead yet?

Looks like we finally get Jabberwock next week, maybe?

Demoli

Future 10

Either the Robot didnt count at all, there's 2 masterminds or Juzo/Kirigiri survived. Prob 2 masterminds.

That Ultimate subtle luck tho.

That Cliffhanger sucked tho, i hope we don't get a jabberwock episode next week.

GreyDaise

Neo Member
Future 10

Well, Kyoko's still dead (for now), but the survivor counter at the start said 6, so I guess it's Juzo who's actually not dead yet?

Looks like we finally get Jabberwock next week, maybe?

So, I couldn't stand it, so I peeked. Even though I haven't watched the episode yet.

My thoughts on this --
if the counter's at 6...I'm not sure that it's because Juzo's not dead yet.

There are two other options that I can think of: Kyoko's not dead (because if there's anyone who could pull off disabling the bracelet and faking her own death, it would be Kyoko (or Nagito, but he's not participating, so)), or my pet theory's still in play and Robot-Miaya's death didn't count.

Either way, darn them for giving me hope.

Edit: actually, thinking about it,
if Kyoko's still alive, might not be Kyoko's doing after all. Ryota may as well be flashing a neon sign at this point that says I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH THE MASTERMIND AND I FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT. He could have the capability to disable the bracelets, and he obviously likes Kyoko. Faking her death could be due to a Seiko potion that Ryota has access to, or could be simpler than that. Did anyone examine the body in this episode, or even take Kyoko's pulse? Because if Kyoko woke up and wasn't dead, she's more than smart enough to fake it. And if Makoto examined the body...actually, he'd probably be smart enough to play along, too.

Here are my guesses on the two characters not accounted for:

1. Great Gozu - A lot of red flags.
2. Miaya Gekkogahara - The real one, but as the mastermind and/or attacker.
3. Juzo Sakakura - He felt like he had loose threads.
4. Koichi Kizakura - If we operate on the idea of an antidote, he could be alive (we have no idea what's down there, after all). If we operate on the idea that he was going to fake his death, it'd make sense.
5. Kyoko Kirigiri - For obvious reasons.
6. An unidentified participant (new character or old)
Mukuro Ikusaba - The 16th student, lying hidden somewhere in this building. The one they call the Ultimate Despair. Watch out for her.

Ryan_MSF

Episode 10

Loved the episode. Nice to see that Munakata still has some humanity left in him afterall. That cliffhanger though, soon as Asahina ran through the door I knew immediately what was coming.

I'm pretty much raging at Danganronpa every episode these days but damn if the last line didn't make me call it an asshole.

The killing can stop. I know who it is

Is the cheekiest goddamn bullshit of a cliffhanger. I swear if they do a Twin Peaks and

She forgets next episode

I will suck it up and keep watching because I love the fact the program has me this invested.

Future 10

Lame.

LAME.

Nothing cool or interesting happened apart from learning that Chisa used to kill small children for fun. lmao at Munakata suddenly being a good guy just because Makoto said something that reminded him of something else Casual Child Choker said at some point. Terrible. The only thing keeping me watching is finding out what Kirigiri wrote down and maybe seeing what's about to go down at Jabberwock Island. Munakata's actions do make a bit more sense now that we know what Tengan told him, though.

There's only three episodes left of this whole thing so I might as well see it through, but I'm pretty much officially checked out of both Future and Despair.

T-Rex.

Banned
Fuck that cliffhanger.

Also that ship looked like it was leaving Jabberwock tbh. Get hype because based Hajime is about to turn up.

Future 10

So, was the Future Foundation heads brainwashed at some point or was that line from Tengan more metaphorical?

Nice to see that Naegi's Talk no Jutsu is alive and well. But that scream scene fell so awkward, like it was put there for drama's sake. The fact that Chisa trolled Munakata from the grave was hilarious, even if the context from that troll was fucked up.

I really don't see how this is going to be solved in two episodes, unless the final Despair episode features a timeskip or something. The fact that somebody left Jabberwock must be explained after all.

Future 10

Lame.

LAME.

Nothing cool or interesting happened apart from learning that Chisa used to kill small children for fun. lmao at Munakata suddenly being a good guy just because Makoto said something that reminded him of something else Casual Child Choker said at some point. Terrible. The only thing keeping me watching is finding out what Kirigiri wrote down and maybe seeing what's about to go down at Jabberwock Island. Munakata's actions do make a bit more sense now that we know what Tengan told him, though.

There's only three episodes left of this whole thing so I might as well see it through, but I'm pretty much officially checked out of both Future and Despair.

reminded me of SAVE MARTHA

Permanently A

Well the reveal of Tengan's answer pretty much solves the game.
They're killing themselves after being brainwashed by the Monokuma monitors.

cfb569c028e27181e571bda1868e406ce87ec9f2_hq.jpg

tumblr_inline_obm18i4ZWZ1rlt0ey_540.png

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_inline_od1hu2hkdX1sp42dz_540.png

There's a monitor in every room.

Capndrake

I can't see anything else happening but that scenario. But why was Chisa crying?
Shouldn't she be glad to die for/by despair reasons?
Because that's not Chisa, that's Aoi's corpse in disguise. The real Chisa is currently impersonating Aoi.

Or at least, that's the theory I see the most.

Taruranto

Stll don't believe Kirigiri is dead.

Because that's not Chisa, that's Aoi's corpse in disguise. The real Chisa is currently impersonating Aoi.

Or at least, that's the theory I see the most.

I'd like to know how Chisa manage to change her face, her skin tone and her voice. Super Duper High School Decoy Octopus? =P

"She was actually pretending to be x" or "she was pretending to be multiple people" twist never really works unless the characters are twin or the disguise significantly alters facial recognition and she pretends to be a completely new person.

PK Gaming

Episode 10

This episode was ridiculously cliched but even a cynical bastard like myself can't deny how enjoyable it was. There are some great moments,
with a great payoff for Munakata and Makoto finally, finally resembling his DR1/DR2. You gotta chuckle at the people who thought he'd start kicking ass; that's definitely not his style, haha. Kill em with kindness.

chisa is definitely alive and chillin but i don't buy her having swapped with aoi. the body that fell from the ceiling is either a fake or someone else's corpse made to look like chisa

maybe it's chiaki's lol. wouldn't that be fun

Oh god those two pictures that Munakata held were brutal.

Where the hell did those come from? If Chisa had them on herself, Kirigiri would have found them, right?

I liked Munakata in this episode

He clearly fell to despair, and Makoto pulled him back

I hope he survives to the end, his death would be more predictable

Either him or Mitarai will die sacrificing themselves to save someone. At least one of them needs redemption.

remember, the body swap theory is that it happened on the third sleep time

so whoever the chisa's body is, it wouldn't be aoi unless there's a third person that was pretending to be aoi for two time periods and that just gets confusing lol

i still have hope on body swap cause that would be a twist i would like to see happen

Future 10 That was ok I guess
Chisa is clearly a full despair then from them photos of the pre-schoolers, crazy to see how fucked in the head she was.
Then the good old predictable I know who the killer is and CUT goddamn another cliffhanger.

So have the survivors of DR2 stolen one of FF's ships in order to take it to where the new killing game began?
6 Survivors alive still so the 4 we know Munakata, Naegi, Asohina and Mitarai, wonder who the last one is considering I firmly believe Chisa is alive and the mastermind.
Naegi pulling Munakata back from despair was pretty cool as well.

Nohar

Well the reveal of Tengan's answer pretty much solves the game.
They're killing themselves after being brainwashed by the Monokuma monitors.

cfb569c028e27181e571bda1868e406ce87ec9f2_hq.jpg

tumblr_inline_obm18i4ZWZ1rlt0ey_540.png

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_inline_od1hu2hkdX1sp42dz_540.png

There's a monitor in every room.

... Oh.

Well, it is obvious when you think about it. It isn't like they haven't been foreshadowing this in Despair.
Although, one has to wonder if they didn't get some help (I mean, seriously, some of their death's positions are improbable).

Future 10

Naegi showing why he is the Ultimate Hope and Luck at the same time. Really liked him this episode.

I will be severely disappointed if Nagito isnt the mastermind.

Permanently A

Wait, did Munakata get Chisa's pics off her corpse?

Cause if so... Chisa knew she was going to die and that Munakata would find those pictures.

TWILT

Banned
All these fucking cliffhangers this episode ahhh.

Good episode this week. Nice to finally see Makoto actually do something this show.

Kalor

That was an good episode. The show was starting to lose me, mostly on the Despair side but this has me interested in next week's episode.

Not content with the killer cliffhanger they had to go and tease Jabberwock again.

Was enjoying it until one-two punch of "hey, don't go away!" ending.

Munakata is too emotional and completely non-selfaware to be caught up in a world where people kill each other over hope and despair. Dude looked like a monster and was trying to kill everyone and still thought he was a good guy as he punched Makoto repeatedly.

Tengan, fuck you. Couldn't you have been a bit more specific?

I like the episode well enough, Future Arc is still better than Despair Arc. Honestly, Despair Arc should have instead covered the time between DR1 and DR2, would be more interesting to see what the Remnants were doing after the death of Junko and then being caught.

I like the episode well enough, Future Arc is still better than Despair Arc. Honestly, Despair Arc should have instead covered the time between DR1 and DR2, would be more interesting to see what the Remnants were doing after the death of Junko and then being caught.
Better solution: Ultra Despair Girls could've been about the remnants of despair instead of the warriors of hope. Then, we would've gotten a look at that, Monaca's character wouldn't've had to go nowhere, and Future would've gotten more room to breath in general.

Rich!

Oh shit. Mitarai has been activating the brainwashing suicide monitors from his phone hasn't he?

Maybe that's his NG code. And he feels so much shame and jealousy towards Makoto because he's able to be strong whereas mitarai cannot bear to sacrifice himself.

The mastermind is forcing mitarai to help just like Junko did.

That's my theory. maybe his NG code is being forced to do EVERYTHING his phone tells him to, and he was late to the meeting because he was let in on it first. It's why he keeps staring at it, and why it is blank during waking hours.

Razmos

Maybe that's his NG code. And he feels so much shame and jealousy towards Makoto because he's able to be strong whereas mitarai cannot bear to sacrifice himself.

The mastermind is forcing mitarai to help just like Junko did.

That's my theory. maybe his NG code is being forced to do EVERYTHING his phone tells him to, and he was late to the meeting because he was let in on it first. It's why he keeps staring at it, and why it is blank during waking hours.
I really like this idea

Style

Banned
If Mitarai is such a good anime director why doesn't he make a show that has the reverse effect of Junko's montage and cure the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom