• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Prelude.

IT'S HAPPENING

ff0ca2f354anrih.jpg

CAN'T DEAL WITH IT

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, almost 3 more weeks. Been wanting a good story game again, so this should do quite nicely.

Though maybe while I'm waiting for the Fall semester of college to start, I should FINALLY get around to playing 999 while waiting for this & the other Sept./Oct. games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm rather surprised Udon hasn't translated the artbooks yet, considering the other stuff they've brought over. Artbooks based on games are their specialty, so considering it's been almost a year since DR2 has been out, you'd think at least they'd confirm it coming over with the growing (if not slowly) popularity of the series in the US now.

Was there one made for Another Episode, or is that not out yet?

I'm rather surprised Udon hasn't translated the artbooks yet, considering the other stuff they've brought over.

Was there one made for Another Episode, or is that not out yet?

yes, one for another episode is out

has been out since last year

my friend at AX got his copy signed lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah okay, I figured considering how long AE has been out in Japan. All the more reason Udon should bring over the books.

Heck, would be amazing if there was a version that combined 1+2 & AE....but I imagine it'd be too big/costly.

I'm guessing they go over stuff like all the numerous characters' designs & such? I prefer artbooks that're more about the design process of making the game & such.

TraBuch

Banned
Just finished the second chapter of THH and while I'm enjoying it, I wish there was more free time for me to walk around and get to know the other characters a bit. Does it ever open up?

Flunkie

Banned
Just beat DR1 and loooooooooooooved it. Started 2 this afternoon then got sidetracked. Odd beginning, not how I thought it was gonna go...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I prefer Hangman's Gambit in DR1 MUUCCCHHHH more than in DR2, that's for sure.

Otherwise, it's hard for me to think which game I honestly prefer.

Bladenic

So I bought DG1 and I'm only in chapter 1 and haven't even reached any of the real gameplay I assume. But I'm wondering how I should spend those coins you find. I have about 7 currently, should I use a few at a time or what?

Really loving the aesthetic, story setup, and most of all the music so far.

jonjonaug

So I bought DG1 and I'm only in chapter 1 and haven't even reached any of the real gameplay I assume. But I'm wondering how I should spend those coins you find. I have about 7 currently, should I use a few at a time or what?

Really loving the aesthetic, story setup, and most of all the music so far.

Just use one at a time until the chances of getting a new item out of the machine are very very low.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pro-tip: Just go back & keep redoing the first trial to earn about 100ish Monocoins in about 10-ish minutes since you can skip through the text and it's the easiest to remember what to do and has the least amount of mini-games. Though maybe start doing this after you beat the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So you can't write about anything after Chapter 1. BUT EVEN THE FIRST CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

& review embargo ends a week before the game's release, huh? Probably will make the final week of waiting even harder.

It's... THE MONOKUMA FILE!
It's actually Monokuma's next method of motivating another murder, after money & video tapes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DR2's school mode was made slightly less tedious because I'd go back & do more stuff like raising my virtual pet, get more abilities, get steps taken, etc. in the main game, so when I got to school mode, I didn't have to do it as many times compared to DR1. But yeah, DR1's School Mode is duuuuulllllll & the fact you have to do it so many times doesn't help as well. Part of me hopes it either gets a huge revamp for DR3 or they just realize it's not that fun & just remove it for something else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*continues waiting patiently for LE to ship*

From what it sounds like, we have some people who've given the dub a listen to? Is it as good as the previous games?

Cryoteck

So I recently finished DR 1 for the first time and started DR2 today! Gonna try to take 2 slower than 1 (binged on the game over 2 days). Hopefully it will last until another episode comes out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I recently finished DR 1 for the first time and started DR2 today! Gonna try to take 2 slower than 1 (binged on the game over 2 days). Hopefully it will last until another episode comes out.
Ugh, I know that feeling. I just wanted to blast through DR2 after getting it, but I want the experience to last longer, so I try to limit myself as to how long I'd play, but oh god I wanna partake in the spoiler discussions & read all the reactions everyone has, not to mention be able to read the spoiler thread. But I want that sense of "OH GOD WHAT'S HAPPENING NEXT" to last longer as well.

Based on my trophy data, I started DR2 on 9/2 & beat the final chapter on 9/11, then the next few days was working on finishing stuff like all the report cards, presents, the Monomi mini-game & such.......then I took me 2 weeks to deal with School Mode because it was soooo booorrriiinnggg & I took a break before going back. So took me about a week considering I had college as well.

I'm gonna have to figure out how to pace AE when I get it.

Those that have played the Japanese version of AE, is there no way to turn on subtitles during the anime/CG cutscenes? There's no option for it in the game options and it's a pretty big deal for me.

Prelude.

Those that have played the Japanese version of AE, is there no way to turn on subtitles during the anime/CG cutscenes? There's no option for it in the game options and it's a pretty big deal for me.
Really? That's s pretty big oversight considering it's dual audio. Hope they patch it.

I think that NISA did something like that with another game and just said to watch the cutscenes with English audio. If anything, we may hear about that when the game releases in September.

Yeah, only found a single post on Gamefaqs about a lack of subtitles in the Japanese version and no where else, at least not in English. As Prelude said, I too hope they patch it in (embargo shouldn't prevent me from saying that).

Other than that, I'm enjoying it.

Prelude.

Yeah, only found a single post on Gamefaqs about a lack of subtitles in the Japanese version and no where else, at least not in English. As Prelude said, I too hope they patch it in (embargo shouldn't prevent me from saying that).

Other than that, I'm enjoying it.
Are the cutscenes in japanese when you're on the japanese audio at least? Usually anime cutscenes are just videos embedded with the audio so you can't change the audio stream.

But anyway, if they're in japanese and there's no subtitles option we should make them aware that it's a pretty big issue. I'm probably talking out of my ass but it "shouldn't" be that much work to just add soft-subs to the videos.

Are the cutscenes in japanese when you're on the japanese audio at least? Usually anime cutscenes are just videos embedded with the audio so you can't change the audio stream.

But anyway, if they're in japanese and there's no subtitles option we should make them aware that it's a pretty big issue. I'm probably talking out of my ass but it "shouldn't" be that much work to just add soft-subs to the videos.

I'm actually not seeing an option to switch the audio to Japanese either.

Maybe the review copies don't have that? I don't know.

Shizuka

I haven't found an option to switch the audio language yet.

Top Bottom