• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, they couldn't fit both languages on the cartridge, so English is on there by default, then once PSN updates on the game's release day, you can download the Japanese audio for free.

Prelude.

I seriously hope they're gonna be subbed btw, it'd be sloppy as shit otherwise.

If the cutscenes are hardsubbed than I can see them being in the DLC, there'd be no point in not including it in the game if they're just softsubs.

jonjonaug

Yeah, they couldn't fit both languages on the cartridge, so English is on there by default, then once PSN updates on the game's release day, you can download the Japanese audio for free.

I have a PSTV and I'm getting the retail version, is the DLC small enough at least to fit on the onboard memory?

Vylash

So not as long as DR1 or DR2? Did it seem to have as much text?

there's certainly a lot of text, dunno if it's as much as 1 or 2 though, but it's certainly not lacking at all

Also, do not specify what, but does it have extra modes like School/Monomi mode etc.?

no school mode stuff, in addition to the usual movie/cg/sound libraries, there's just
a bonus novel like IF but this one is starring Hiro for some reason, i really don't wanna read this

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's fine the first & 2nd playthrough when you're trying to finish the report cards & seeing all the different reactions, but when you start the 3rd playthrough & beyond, that's when it's even more tedious because you've leveled up to the point material is easy to obtain.

Though yes, Monomi's randomness to getting equipment wasn't much better.

D-Man

all done, game was fantastic, took a little under 17 hours, the spoiler thread for this is gonna be really fun
You don't have to be specific, but was the game censored in any way? I remember hearing people who played the Japanese version say that they thought some stuff would definitely get censored when the game got localized.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could've sworn it wasn't. Whenever NIS America has to censor something, they're pretty upfront about it & explain "Hey, listen, there's some stuff that just won't fly here in the US, so we had to change some stuff" not long after the game is confirmed for localization.

Plus from what I understand, anything that would've been censored is just talked about or hinted at. It's not actually explicitly shown, based on what I've heard.

Vylash

You don't have to be specific, but was the game censored in any way? I remember hearing people who played the Japanese version say that they thought some stuff would definitely get censored when the game got localized.

nope, no censoring at all

a place to move spoiler discussion is probably better sooner rather than later

idk what the rules are on timing regarding spoiler threads, or if being out in japan for a year has any impact

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How long did the DR2 Spoiler Thread go up after the OT for that game? Though was that before the new rule of "OTs can only go up on the release date"?

I think to be safe, once the game is out, we keep things under spoiler tags for a bit in this thread since some people will be waiting for copies to arrive, take longer than others, etc.

i'd say using the import ot would be the best option for folks with review copies. most of that thread is plastered with spoiler tags as is, lol

dedicated spoiler thread can come on localized release i guess

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, there's an import thread? Yeah, I'd say maybe use that for the time being until the US version is out & we can have a dedicated spoiler thread.

I'll ask what the rule is on spoiler threads/how long you have to wait until a game's release to make one.

How long did the DR2 Spoiler Thread go up after the OT for that game? Though was that before the new rule of "OTs can only go up on the release date"?

DR2 spoiler thread went up before the game's release in NA because we were ruining the DR1 spoiler thread with all of our spoilery talk X)

I can't wait to see what happened in this game for Tumblr to make such an uproar about it. Just 15 more days, though. I'm so jealous of you guys with review copies.

I think to be safe, once the game is out, we keep things under spoiler tags for a bit in this thread since some people will be waiting for copies to arrive, take longer than others, etc.

I think we should give sometime before taking out the spoilers in this thread. But I'm not so sure about endgame spoilers, as those make the experience lesser for new, unsuspecting players that wander here.
And of course, anything Danganronpa/Zero related should stay spoilered until there's a Western release.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe keep AE spoilers hidden in here until the end of the year? That'd give it about 4 months for people to play the game & join this community thread. Plus that way, it'll be easier to remember when we can talk about AE without using spoiler tags. Plus this thread was made 3 months after DR2's US release, so it would be close as to when DR2 spoilers were allowed.

& yes, obviously keep DR0 spoilers hidden since that hasn't been officially translated yet.

......speaking of which, the OP needs to be updated with the fact AE is coming out.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't pay attention to any pre-release media for DR:AE; was it stated that Toko Fukawa's voice actress was changed along with what could be heard of her in trailers and previews and such?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least you won't have a time limit. I love this franchise too much to rush through it. Want to savor it :/
Ugh, I know, I want that sense of mystery to linger to build up the excitement. I remember getting through halfway of Chapter....5 was it, of DR2, & had no freakin' idea how the hell it could've been pulled off, and it kept me pondering during classes.

.......then that small part of my mind that didn't want to think about the one character I DIDN'T want it to be came up & I kept telling myself "nooooooooooo, the game wouldn't be THAT cruel", to only then discover "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Vylash

Weird, I'm of the opposite mind. When games like Danganronpa and VLR come out, I stay up until late just to know what happens next.

yeah, i was up until like 8am finishing it, same situation i had with DR2, too many questions racing in my mind to sleep

Ugh, I know, I want that sense of mystery to linger to build up the excitement. I remember getting through halfway of Chapter....5 was it, of DR2, & had no freakin' idea how the hell it could've been pulled off, and it kept me pondering during classes.

.......then that small part of my mind that didn't want to think about the one character I DIDN'T want it to be came up & I kept telling myself "nooooooooooo, the game wouldn't be THAT cruel", to only then discover "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Ah, Danganronpa 2 Chapter 5. I wonder if they found a way in AE to make us feel as much despair as there. Or is a worse despair even posible?

FluxWaveZ

I didn't pay attention to any pre-release media for DR:AE; was it stated that Toko Fukawa's voice actress was changed along with what could be heard of her in trailers and previews and such?

Has nothing been stated previously or is it just that no one knows? Might have to go back and compare some stuff myself if it hasn't been stated, then.

Top Bottom