• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Bought it. If I'm not wrong, it looks like NISA has standardized an LE box for Vita games so we'll probably be seeing a lot more of the paperback art book, LE CD + a small trinket I guess. Not bad but not going for gusto either.

The box sizes are never really standardized for long. On both PS3 LE and Vita ones, they will use one format for a bit and then switch it up. This looks like the same box format as DR2, both of which were unique box sizes compared to their other ones.

Tizoc

sEEING as spoilers can be posted here long as they're not from AE-
I always loved this part in 2
'Cuz it's a game!'
'Cuz it's a game!'
'Cuz it's a game!'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
sEEING as spoilers can be posted here long as they're not from AE-
I always loved this part in 2
'Cuz it's a game!'
'Cuz it's a game!'
'Cuz it's a game!'
I wish this part wasn't so spoiler-rific, because I'd love to post it when people question random game logic.

SerTapTap

I wish this part wasn't so spoiler-rific, because I'd love to post it when people question random game logic.

That part was fucking fantastic and I'm so glad I used english voices because I don't think it would have been nearly as impactful to just read it. It's like the whole game was leading up to that exact moment.

Not sure if the LE is worth not being to download it and have all 3 with me at all times! I guess I'll think about it...

I'm fine with physical for these since I don't go back and play them constantly, I usually burn right through them in a couple weeks (stuff like Driveclub and hunting games are more a problem). I know this is a more actiony one but I'll still be playing it for story.

And at least you get to keep the bubble with physical--at almost no space cost!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uhhh, I guess this gif shows off the eyepatch & tie from the AE LE.

dGzRa7j.gif

SerTapTap

Oh hey speaking of DR 1&2 spoilers, WTF is up with the Wadjet Eye in the last area of DR1? Was that ever explained? I think there was another in 2?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. That thing.

......actually, holy crap, I don't think I noticed that in Chapter 6 of DR1 (not really a spoiler pic, just linking). I guess maybe see if Wiki says something about it to make a connection?

What does the game say when you try to look at it?

Edit: Oh, you spelled it wrong. It's Wedjat, which is probably why Google didn't bring anything up when I tried looking for it.

SerTapTap

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. That thing.

......actually, holy crap, I don't think I noticed that in Chapter 6 of DR1 (not really a spoiler pic, just linking). I guess maybe see if Wiki says something about it to make a connection?

What does the game say when you try to look at it?

Edit: Oh, you spelled it wrong. It's Wedjat, which is probably why Google didn't bring anything up when I tried looking for it.

It can be both wadjet or wedjet, usually an a though. You can't 'examine' it, I tried thoroughly. It's also behind a window and you can't get into the room it's in. IIRC it's the only one in the game and is never drawn attention to. I want to say it shows up in the school somewhere in DR2 but I can't quite remember for sure. I probably took a screenshot if it did, I'll have to check

It can be both wadjet or wedjet, usually an a though. You can't 'examine' it, I tried thoroughly. It's also behind a window and you can't get into the room it's in. IIRC it's the only one in the game and is never drawn attention to. I want to say it shows up in the school somewhere in DR2 but I can't quite remember for sure. I probably took a screenshot if it did, I'll have to check
I'm pretty sure it was only in DR1 when visiting the second floor of the dormitory, on the way to either the Headmaster's room or the lockers, but I don't remember seeing it in DR2.
Maybe I'm wrong.

In my opinion it was just imagery put there to show that a subversive group took control of the school, as it didn't have a meaning in the context of the story.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like good news :) I spoke to the Dark Horse guy at Fanime, asking about Zero. He said "we're looking into it" along with "Dark Horse is planning on doing more light novels".

As far as an interpretation for PR speak goes, that's a VERY positive response :)

Sounds like good news :) I spoke to the Dark Horse guy at Fanime, asking about Zero. He said "we're looking into it" along with "Dark Horse is planning on doing more light novels".

As far as an interpretation for PR speak goes, that's a VERY positive response :)

That would be amazing. That certainly gives me hope for our chances. :)

In the mean time I'll buy the anime manga to show support for DR to Dark Horse.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That would be amazing. That certainly gives me hope for our chances. :)

In the mean time I'll buy the anime manga to show support for DR to Dark Horse.

I didn't get time to ask more/detail my question regarding the other DR titles, as there was no official QandA. I'll definitely be picking up The Animation next year to show my support :)

Puruzi

Banned
Good lord another episode is a little too extreme...

The game is very much not for the faint of heart, DR1 and 2 are NOTHING compared to this.

jeez

Puruzi

Banned
IDK it seems less people
die_____
compared to the first two games but I haven't seen ALL the content.
Not really a spoiler but I know about spoiler culture on gaf
It's less about the deaths and more about the backstories on some characters and content in the game. Some of this shit is next level.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have NO idea what happens, but oh man, it sounds like the reactions will be GLORIOUS. They were so great to read when I finally would get far enough in DR2, then go back in the OT & read the spoilers, then FINALLY joining the spoiler thread.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not paying attention to any of this DR:AE stuff, but what attracts me to DR isn't solely its twisted nature, but also the times it successfully goes against what I expect. Danganronpa Zero had one of the best twists in the series for me.

I don't think DR:AE will be able to usurp that for me, but I'm hoping that there's a lot I don't see coming, despite the fact that this is an action spin-off; that there have been two games in the series, with this one taking place before the second; and that the state of the world has presumably been rather established between DR2 and DR0.

Puruzi

Banned
I have NO idea what happens, but oh man, it sounds like the reactions will be GLORIOUS. They were so great to read when I finally would get far enough in DR2, then go back in the OT & read the spoilers, then FINALLY joining the spoiler thread.
Yeah, the reactions will certainly be something else.
One bit completely turned my stomach.

My willpower was weak and I went ahead and checked out most of Another Episode's contents months ago, and yeah...

It'll be interesting.

From the comments on the PS Blog:

Stay tuned for news about the VITA themes :)

Vita theme confirmed! Also, interestingly, it looks like the Japanese audio will be DLC:

Yes! This game will have the Japanese audio available as free DLC.

Nice. Can't wait for everyone to see how crazy it gets.

Heh, this line caught my eye in the blog:

The situations you find yourself in are varied and intense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool that the themes are coming over. Was kind of hoping they'd be a pre-order bonus &/or could be included for free as a timed exclusive for the LE.

Also guess that there wasn't enough room on the cartridge for the JPN audio. Just glad they're not charging people for it.

Apparently this game has the most extensive voice acting of the series, so it doesn't surprise me. At least they didn't pull a Xenoblade 3D and left it out altogether, as I like both dubs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2 more hours. I'll skip it because I've done rather well going into the games unspoiled, so I want to keep that streak going.

SerTapTap

No spoilers for me, cool they're showing the game fairly early though I guess.

I'm surprised more games didn't do free JP voice DLC before (Neptunia Rebirth 3 is also doing it), it's frankly probably wasted space for half or more of players, not a big deal on console but for portable I bet many would rather have that space. Personally I'm not a space hog and even though I don't usually use JP voices I'd prefer it all on one cart, but business-wise it makes sense, and if they couldn't fit it on the cart period well there it is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think some companies did JPN voice DLC either as a pre-order bonus (Soul Sacrifice did this, I think) or free for the first week or month (Lightning Returns?), but I'm not a fan of it being paid DLC. Being free it a bit more forgetting, especially for a portable game due to more limited space on the cartridge.

The stream is literally only 25 minutes long and the first 20 minutes of the game, wasn't really worth it since it'll be out soon enough. It was cool to show a bit of the English voice work though.

kurahador

Just finished first chapter of Danganronpa 2.

What the hell. The game felt bigger, more absurd and longer this time around damn!!
I need to take a breather after finishing Chapter 1.

Top Bottom