• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Flunkie

Banned

Redhood

So this came in the mail!

22845320769_96acf4fe77_b.jpg

Really impressed with printing and material. Its sad that they made monokuma wrong.

Also finished another episode and it was really amazing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Monokuma's colors are swapped on his top form. He has a red LEFT eye & a normal right one, but the shirt show him with it reversed

Basically, his top & bottom looks need to be switched around.

Sölf

So, AE is currently available for 23,99€ on the german (EU?) PS Store, because Black Friday. I will probably buy it on monday, need a new card with money first though.

Almost up to the conclusion. Spoilers:

The mastermind...THE MASTERMIND...WTF...also glad to see Byakuya and Kyoko back. Man, must be rough to be a student of Usami's.

I shall stream the conclusion later on today (tomorrow).

Tizoc

I hope they ditch Junko this time, and have the Monokuma AI become dependent of her like what the ending of DR1 implied.

daevious

If the ahoge rule stays, our main character is a robot. If that's true, then I wonder how this game is going to define an "average" student if our main character is that outlandish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We don't usually see the main character's portrait outside of trials, right (excluding Hajime on the map)? I don't think either one is the main character if there's a portrait for them for dialogue since it was first-person when you would talk to others.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I need this game now :( Something needs to fill the DR gap! ...I really need to play VLR still... I consider the two game series "cousins", of sorts.

So I keep hearing how great this series is, but it looks like the only way to play in English is with a Vita? It's perplexing that there's an English translation and iOS/Android versions were made, but they didn't bother releasing English versions for mobile. Since 3 is apparently coming out on PS4, are there any plans to release 1 and 2 on PS4 also? Or is picking up a PSTV my only recourse?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I keep hearing how great this series is, but it looks like the only way to play in English is with a Vita? It's perplexing that there's an English translation and iOS/Android versions were made, but they didn't bother releasing English versions for mobile. Since 3 is apparently coming out on PS4, are there any plans to release 1 and 2 on PS4 also? Or is picking up a PSTV my only recourse?

There's been comments about how there is interest in doing stuff on PS4, but nothing beyond that. They most likely will port them, maybe next year, but it's all an assumption. If you want to play them sooner rather than later, PSTVs have been around $20 lately (minus memory card) to grab and use.

The AI Junko who is obliterated in DR2, like he mentions in the interview.

If this takes place after Danganronpa 2, they would have to invent a new conceit. Best to just do something fresh instead of trying to water down that character any further.

Yeah, I was just pointing out that the monokuma wasn't actually something different.

Hopefully the mastermind is someone new. I like Junko, but it would be nice to have something different this time around.

Yomidi

I hope the girl is the protagonist, I like the design.
The robot seems too weird to be a protagonist( even if having a strange protagonist would be a good way to mix things up).

Sölf

No japanese audio in AE makes me sad. :(

Just finished the prologue. Not much gameplay, have to get used to it. But god, playing with english audio after playing both games with japanese sounds so wrong.

FluxWaveZ

Sölf;187311684 said:
No japanese audio in AE makes me sad. :(

Just finished the prologue. Not much gameplay, have to get used to it. But god, playing with english audio after playing both games with japanese sounds so wrong.

?

The game has dual audio. Download the UDG free Japanese Voice-Over DLC.

So he really is a robot confirmed? I was wondering if he was just a weirdo using some makeup and tech outfit. (You guys know this would totally fit Danganronpa)

Top Bottom