• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

GoldStarz

Just to clarify why Miaya's Ultimate Title is a big deal
she was the only creator of the Neo World Program from DR2 who hadn't appeared in the series yet

Also Class 77 is friggin' HUGE. How did Class 78 only have 16 kids when 77 is reaching over 20?

More new info:
Apparently every participant sans Hiro, Makoto, and Aoi are Heads of their respective branches of the Future Foundation. Interestingly, Aoi isn't in the same branch as the rest of the survivors but is attending as a proxy for the leader of 13th Branch.

With the anime looming ahead, I finally took some time to finish Danganronpa 2, and...

I don't find the idea of an anime prequel depicting the downfall of this cast exciting at all. I mostly like the series for the hope-despair contrast - as cheesy as those are - where I could be hopeful and depressed along with these students. Knowing from the start how they'll end up rob me of this feeling entirely.

All that's left is pure character study, and I can't imagine the writing would be sophisticated enough for that.

GoldStarz

With the anime looming ahead, I finally took some time to finish Danganronpa 2, and...

I don't find the idea of an anime prequel depicting the downfall of this cast exciting at all. I mostly like the series for the hope-despair contrast - as cheesy as those are - where I could be hopeful and depressed along with these students. Knowing from the start how they'll end up rob me of this feeling entirely.

All that's left is pure character study, and I can't imagine the writing would be sophisticated enough for that.
Have you read DanganRonpa /Zero? Despite knowing that the characters will inevitably fail at what they set out to do, the story still manages to portray a likable cast that the reader grows attached to.

For the record though, if you plan on watching either series, you're gonna have to watch both, Kodaka confirmed you can't watch one without the other.

Have you read DanganRonpa /Zero? Despite knowing that the characters will inevitably fail at what they set out to do, the story still manages to portray a likable cast that the reader grows attached to.

For the record though, if you plan on watching either series, you're gonna have to watch both, Kodaka confirmed you can't watch one without the other.

I haven't, but having a likable cast fail just makes it worse! It would just be an exercise of despair with no hope in sight!

Don't get me wrong, I like the DR cast. I like their bombastic personalities and their interactions. But if
I have to see their descent into madness, I prefer it to be nuanced. These characters aren't really equipped to provide that; they tend to just swing from one extreme into another. The story of goofballs transforming into edgelords, especially ones as extreme as body-mutilating-innocent-killing maniacs, just sounds really unappealing.

I'm already very invested with the plot so of course I'd still watch them in full, but with a lot of apprehension.

I just finished Ultra Despair Girls so I guess I'm done until the DR3 anime cuz I don't really feel like reading any of the in game novels unless theres anything else I should do thats important or substantial. I just have a few questions -

1. WTF "is" Monokuma?
At first I thought he was just a being like the Chicken Head Mask guy in Hotline Miami being just a supernatural thing as opposed to everything else, but he's a robot, but the ones in UDG aren't him? So who is the real Monokuma? Did Junko make him? How?

2. About the Remnants of Despair -
How did Nagito take one of Junko's hands or Hajime take one of her eyes or someone else try to mate with her corpse (ew gross) when she got flattened like a pancake? Is this just a plothole or are the executions not as bombastic as they look

3. Nagito.
Did Junko break him or did he just go with it for the sake of his endless hope boner?

4. How come no one ever just overpowers one of the Warriors of Hope and just punches them in the face in UDG?
Haiji punches Toko instead of Monoca even! What the fuck guys she's like 70 pounds, just take the key!

5. Is Toko a superhuman or something?
She jumps like 100 feet into the air at the end of UDG and she's not even in Genocide mode.

6. Why is Revengeance Raiden the MC of V3?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For #1, I'm fairly certain it's explained in one of the later DR2 chapters. Heck, I think they explained near the beginning of the first game that
he is indeed a robot, because he got attacked, then blew up, but another one took his place

Edit: Maybe I misread that. My only guess is
maybe Junko took control over the factory, which was then the one we saw in DR2? Or maybe Monaca somehow snuck it in since she was the one making them?

GoldStarz

I just finished Ultra Despair Girls so I guess I'm done until the DR3 anime cuz I don't really feel like reading any of the in game novels unless theres anything else I should do thats important or substantial. I just have a few questions -

1. WTF "is" Monokuma?
At first I thought he was just a being like the Chicken Head Mask guy in Hotline Miami being just a supernatural thing as opposed to everything else, but he's a robot, but the ones in UDG aren't him? So who is the real Monokuma? Did Junko make him? How?
The basics aren't really much of spoiler. He's just a robot. The difference here is while the ones in the main games are either being directly controlled or are AIs, these Monokuma's are on autopilot and don't have anybody piloting their actions.

2. About the Remnants of Despair -
How did Nagito take one of Junko's hands or Hajime take one of her eyes or someone else try to mate with her corpse (ew gross) when she got flattened like a pancake? Is this just a plothole or are the executions not as bombastic as they look
DanganRonpa's biggest mystery lol. It's probably the second part but who knows. Also a) Hajime was 'dead' and b) Izuru didn't take anything as far as we know.

3. Nagito.
Did Junko break him or did he just go with it for the sake of his endless hope boner?
Purely hypothetical but I imagine it's a bit of column A and a bit of column B, he's more or less unchanged but that's probably just because of how unstable and malicious he was to begin with. We won't know 100% until DR3 though.

4. How come no one ever just overpowers one of the Warriors of Hope and just punches them in the face in UDG?
Haiji punches Toko instead of Monoca even! What the fuck guys she's like 70 pounds, just take the key!
Force of habit pretty much.
Toko pretty much says it in Chapter 1, even though it's the apocalypse, most people still have their social norms in place.

5. Is Toko a superhuman or something?
She jumps like 100 feet into the air at the end of UDG and she's not even in Genocide mode.
Jack/Jill/Syo has shown superhuman strength, speed, and endurance so yeah Toko has that, too. They might be different personalities, but they're the same body.

6. Why is Revengeance Raiden the MC of V3?
Technically we don't know if he's really the MC, he could just be set up to be taken down.

[DR2 spoiler]

So Chapter 5 left a bad taste in my mouth due to how weird is it to punish an unwitting killer and not the one who knowingly orchestrated the whole thing, but I just shrugged it off as the "blackened is the one who take a life whether it's in self-defense, etc, etc" rule being unfair to begin with.

But now that I've think about it more, under that rule, wouldn't Nekomaru actually be the blackened? After all, he's the one who broke the handle and unwittingly killed himself.

PK Gaming

[DR2 spoiler]

So Chapter 5 left a bad taste in my mouth due to how weird is it to punish an unwitting killer and not the one who knowingly orchestrated the whole thing, but I just shrugged it off as the "blackened is the one who take a life whether it's in self-defense, etc, etc" rule being unfair to begin with.

But now that I've think about it more, under that rule, wouldn't Nekomaru actually be the blackened? After all, he's the one who broke the handle and unwittingly killed himself.

Accidentally killing yourself doesn't make you the blackened. The game doesn't elaborate on this point, but I assume that suicide is a special case, since there's an intent to kill (yourself).

Accidentally killing yourself doesn't make you the blackened. The game doesn't elaborate on this point, but I assume that suicide is a special case, since there's an intent to kill (yourself).

Yar, but Chiaki's kill is also accidental, and the one with the intent to kill is totally Nagito. There should be no difference between "swinging around, not knowing that doing so would break the handle" and "throwing a bottle, not knowing that doing so would unleash poison."

GoldStarz

Yar, but Chiaki's kill is also accidental, and the one with the intent to kill is totally Nagito. There should be no difference between "swinging around, not knowing that doing so would break the handle" and "throwing a bottle, not knowing that doing so would unleash poison."

There's a difference between accidentally killing yourself and accidentally killing another person. That should be obvious, I think.

There's a difference between accidentally killing yourself and accidentally killing another person. That should be obvious, I think.

I swear I'm not being willfully obtuse, but I actually don't see the difference here, in the context of the game and its rules. Let's say Gundham suddenly changed his mind and attempted to catch Nekomaru when he plunged down, saving his life while being crushed to death himself. Would Nekomaru be the blackened? What if Chiaki had a terrible aim and the bottle broke beneath her, killing herself? Would Nagito be the blackened?

It just feel arbitrary, and if arbitrary is the point, it's weird that they didn't take time to extrapolate this considering that they explain almost everything else. It's weird that none of the cast rose a protest, too.

And speaking of arbitrary rules, isn't Nagito blowing up the rest area a direct violation?

It just feel arbitrary, and if arbitrary is the point, it's weird that they didn't take time to extrapolate this considering that they explain almost everything else. It's weird that none of the cast rose a protest, too.

And speaking of arbitrary rules, isn't Nagito blowing up the rest area a direct violation?

I think these developments come from the fact that Monokuma's goal is different from the original game.
Junko was more forceful in her interest of obtaining their bodies in order to escape to the real world, so from my point of view she bent the rules as she pleased for that objective - if a little despair appeared in the process it was a plus

But of course, this dichotomy feels contrived in terms of the plot.

GoldStarz

I swear I'm not being willfully obtuse, but I actually don't see the difference here, in the context of the game and its rules. Let's say Gundham suddenly changed his mind and attempted to catch Nekomaru when he plunged down, saving his life while being crushed to death himself. Would Nekomaru be the blackened? What if Chiaki had a terrible aim and the bottle broke beneath her, killing herself? Would Nagito be the blackened?
I'd imagine in those situations, Nekomaru would be the killer and Chiaki would be the killer. I think it's all about who takes the action that makes the situation unavoidable. If Gundam hadn't set up Nekomaru in his position in Case 4, he wouldn't have died and so Gundam is the killer. If Chiaki hadn't thrown the poison, he wouldn't have died from the poisoning (bc he was dying either way there tbh), and Chiaki wouldn't be the killer. I hope I'm explaining my line of logic okay.

Technically they did by refusing to acknowledge her as a suspect, I imagine they had wasted all their energy denying it to think of a way to get her out of it.

Not unless it killed more than 2 people.

I'd imagine in those situations, Nekomaru would be the killer and Chiaki would be the killer. I think it's all about who takes the action that makes the situation unavoidable. If Gundam hadn't set up Nekomaru in his position in Case 4, he wouldn't have died and so Gundam is the killer. If Chiaki hadn't thrown the poison, he wouldn't have died from the poisoning (bc he was dying either way there tbh), and Chiaki wouldn't be the killer. I hope I'm explaining my line of logic okay.

Not unless it killed more than 2 people.
1) Bingo. Gundam set that situation up enough that the fault lies directly with him. They agreed to the duel, and then he did enough to finish him off.

2) I guess it's a rule that you can't destroy school property, but obviously Monokuma is going to go with it in this case, it caused a bunch of trouble and got two people killed/executed. Frankly, If Nagito had succeeded that would've been a huge coup for Junko.

GoldStarz

2) I guess it's a rule that you can't destroy school property, but obviously Monokuma is going to go with it in this case, it caused a bunch of trouble and got two people killed/executed. Frankly, If Nagito had succeeded that would've been a huge coup for Junko.

IIRC, that was only made a rule in DR1. The closest thing in DR2 is "No Littering" which I guess techincally blowing up a building is, but it's pretty clear which side of the technicality Junko would lean in this case.

1) Bingo. Gundam set that situation up enough that the fault lies directly with him. They agreed to the duel, and then he did enough to finish him off.

IIRC, that was only made a rule in DR1. The closest thing in DR2 is "No Littering" which I guess techincally blowing up a building is, but it's pretty clear which side of the technicality Junko would lean in this case.

1) Alright, I'm beginning to see where boundary lies. It still feels really arbitrary, but oh well.

2) There is a rule that expressly forbid destroying of any property without permission. Now that I've thought about it some more, I guess the permission was granted when Monokuma let Nagito handle the Motive.

You aren't given enough free time to max out more then like 2 s links unless you know who is going to live long enough to invest in.

DR1 doesn't even tell you how close you are like DR2 where everyone has the same number of conversations. In DR2 it swings wildly from 2 to 10 it's ridiculous.

GoldStarz

Hahahaha the fucking fakeout with
Kyoko's punishment and mama Aoi
got me good
tl;dr
hqdefault.jpg

i still like how either ending makes one of hiro's predictions come true

tauke

Since there is no proper DR2 Steam OT, I just completed Chapter 1 and oh boy do I hate the "improvements" in Hangman's Gambit and the Rebuttal thingy.

I feel like the designers can improve the gameplay tutorial by letting the player interact with it instead of wall of text which leads to lots of trial and error.

Still a nice lengthy twist on the actual killer but it still kinda drag on me. Characters wise, I still more fond of the cast of Danganronpa but I'll see how it goes from here.

Since there is no proper DR2 Steam OT, I just completed Chapter 1 and oh boy do I hate the "improvements" in Hangman's Gambit and the Rebuttal thingy.

I feel like the designers can improve the gameplay tutorial by letting the player interact with it instead of wall of text which leads to lots of trial and error.

Still a nice lengthy twist on the actual killer but it still kinda drag on me. Characters wise, I still more fond of the cast of Danganronpa but I'll see how it goes from here.

Hangman's Gambit is shit in both games
Rebuttal is awesome though

Get ready though, trials are longer this time

Taruranto

Alright, done with DR2.

The game felt like very MGS2/VLR, aka an attempt to take everything from the previous episode and escalate it.

Overall I'm not very fond of the "apocalyptic" aspect of the setting, I really liked DR1 somewhat ambiguous ending. Plus everyone in the world going crazy because teenagers is stupid.

The case themselves were stronger than DR1 for sure, especially the first 2. I have several issues with case 3 and 4 though. Case 3 "magical disease" was silly as hell and several aspects felt unexplained/underused. Case 4 was similar to DR1 Sakura case thematically, but the final motive really just didn't work for me. Plus they killed mai husbando Gundham.

I find weird that the password was 11037. "It was left to me by a certain person to save my life". NO, SHE WAS A CRAZY BITCH THAT TRIED TO RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!

Gameplay-wise, the copy function was tremendously underused. I think I used it about two times before chapter 6.

Chapter 6 was also disappointing gameplay-wise, it relied waaaay too much on multiple choice questions rather than Nonstop Debate.

The translation also felt worse than DR1 fan-translation.

Finally, have a picture of Junko cosplaying as Beatrice from Umineko.

VQeJf5V.png

GoldStarz

Alright, done with DR2.

Overall I'm not very fond of the "apocalyptic" aspect of the setting, I really liked DR1 somewhat ambiguous ending. Plus everyone in the world going crazy because teenagers is stupid.
Have you read DanganRonpa /Zero? Because that more or less explains the how.
Why the fuck are people so hung up on the teenager part is beyond me, like they're some of the most talented people in the world, of course they could fuck shit up.

I find weird that the password was 11037. "It was left to me by a certain person to save my life". NO, SHE WAS A CRAZY BITCH THAT TRIED TO RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!
Ooooooooooh boy... Okay, first off, Sayaka literally had no personal gain in writing down Leon's name on the wall, that was solely to clear Makoto because she fucked up. Secondly, Sayaka had no idea how the mechanics of the Class Trial worked, she only framed Makoto because of her status as an idol requiring her to be 100% squeaky clean. Thirdly, said status as an idol and her fear of being unloved literally broke her down to the point where she was irrational and decided to commit murder. Like just please stop.

The translation also felt worse than DR1 fan-translation.
No? Like I have seen that patch and this just... No? How could you even think that? There's no randomly calling people lemons or randomly deciding to not translate certain names. Like. Where would you even get this idea? DR2 was generally a better localization that DR1.

Any recommendations for an UDG LP? Don't have a Vita and it doesn't look like it's coming to PC anytime soon but I want to know the story before DR3

Taruranto

Have you read DanganRonpa /Zero? Because that more or less explains the how.
Why the fuck are people so hung up on the teenager part is beyond me, like they're some of the most talented people in the world, of course they could fuck shit up.

Yes, I can see why the Ultimate Nurse or the Ultimate Singer would be able to take everyone from every country on planet Earth, every religion, and rile them up to cause the apocalypse.
This makes 100% sense.

Maybe if by "Planet Earth" they meant "Japan", but even that's a bit of a stretch.

In DR1 it was tolerable because of the ambiguity of the setting, but in DR2 is just facepalm inducing.

Ooooooooooh boy... Okay, first off, Sayaka literally had no personal gain in writing down Leon's name on the wall,

Except, vengeance...

that was solely to clear Makoto because she fucked up.

If funny, if she didn't fuck up maybe Makoto would be the dead one now...

Secondly, Sayaka had no idea how the mechanics of the Class Trial worked, she only framed Makoto because of her status as an idol requiring her to be 100% squeaky clean. Thirdly, said status as an idol and her fear of being unloved literally broke her down to the point where she was irrational and decided to commit murder. Like just please stop.

But I'm not the one defending a murderer that tried to frame an innocent person. :C

No? Like I have seen that patch and this just... No? How could you even think that? There's no randomly calling people lemons or randomly deciding to not translate certain names. Like. Where would you even get this idea? DR2 was generally a better localization that DR1.

It's not different than DR2 not translating "Nezumi (Rat) Castle" or changing the complete meaning of Nagito final Free Time.

Driving people mad with
Meat on the bone
was also not nice, though I'm not sure how much that one can be blamed on the translation.

GoldStarz

Yes, I can see why the Ultimate Nurse or the Ultimate Singer would be able to take everyone from every country on planet Earth, every religion, and rile them up to cause the apocalypse.
This makes 100% sense.

Maybe if by "Planet Earth" they meant "Japan", but even that's a bit of a stretch.

In DR1 it was tolerable because of the ambiguity of the setting, but in DR2 is just facepalm inducing.
And the Ultimate Mechanic couldn't build catastrophically dangerous weapons and the Ultimate Breeder couldn't train animals to attack random people, and the Ultimate Impostor couldn't usurp important political positions, and the Ultimate Swordswoman couldn't hurt ANYONE, and none of these people could do anything under the command of the Ultimate Analyst, especially with a growing number of brainwashed randos under their belt.

Also DR1 was never really ambiguous imo, Junko had almost no real reason to lie about that and foreshadowed it ahead of time. Not to mention, it was already pretty clear that said incident was worldwide given that the Togami Conglomerate, which is a global force in the DRverse, had fallen.

Also, like Mikan couldn't have access to medical facilities with dormant diseases, the girl is a professional and was literally a poster child for health awareness

Except, vengeance...
Nope, not even that, she had no idea Leon would die if he was found out.

If funny, if she didn't fuck up maybe Makoto would be the dead one now...
Hilarious re-contextualization.

But I'm not the one defending a murderer that tried to frame an innocent person. :C
Not defending what she did, just defending the meaning behind her actions.

Of course, you're not showing much of an argument if you're resulting to fallacies.

It's not different than DR2 not translating "Nezumi (Rat) Castle" or changing the complete meaning of Nagito final Free Time.

Driving people mad with
Meat on the bone
was also not nice, though I'm not sure how much that one can be blamed on the translation.
Fair point on Nezumi Castle, but you're going to have to remind me what they changed from Nagito's FTEs because I don't remember anything being changed from that.

Permanently A

Aw fuck. Its
___Junko___
isn't it? The wounds on
"Mukuro's" body
are too similar. Couple that with the
morgue
and such...

Taruranto

And the Ultimate Mechanic couldn't build catastrophically dangerous weapons and the Ultimate Breeder couldn't train animals to attack random people, and the Ultimate Impostor couldn't usurp important political positions, and the Ultimate Swordswoman couldn't hurt ANYONE, and none of these people could do anything under the command of the Ultimate Analyst, especially with a growing number of brainwashed randos under their belt.

Also, like Mikan couldn't have access to medical facilities with dormant diseases, the girl is a professional and was literally a poster child for health awareness

Wow, so the Ultimates can do stuff anyone else can do? I'm surprised the apocalypse didn't start already if all it takes it's the ULTIMATE BREEDER TRAINING ANIMALS TO ATTACK PEOPLE.

Oh the Ultimate Swordwoman too, truly a force to rival this world greatest armies. I'm surprised Hilter didn't think of these two.

The fact that they are all Japanese (sans Sonia) makes it even less believable. Like America would give a fuck about Japanese poster-child for health care.

Granted, Danganronpa is not a realistic series, so I'm allowed to give it some leeway, I do not expect realism, but it doesn't mean you can write what the hell you want a not have people questioning your setting.

Also DR1 was never really ambiguous imo, Junko had almost no real reason to lie about that and foreshadowed it ahead of time. Not to mention, it was already pretty clear that said incident was worldwide given that the Togami Conglomerate, which is a global force in the DRverse, had fallen.

Junko lies all the time in DR1 to give people motive for murder and cause despair. Plus the apocalypse was framed in such an hilarious way (The Statue of Liberty becomes a Giant Monokuma?) Regardless, the fact that we didn't know the truth made for much stronger narrative than "apocalypse caused by Japanese version of a school shooting", it wasn't really that important in the end as far DR1 events are concerned. There was a certain beautify in not knowing what really happened.

Nope, not even that, she had no idea Leon would die if he was found out.

Hilarious re-contextualization.
Not defending what she did, just defending the meaning behind her actions.

Err wat? She tried to frame them (Both Naegi and then Leon) for murder, what did she think it was going to happen? Even if she not aware of Monokuma's execution, getting framed for murder either means jail-time or death sentence (Japan as a country still has it)

Fair point on Nezumi Castle, but you're going to have to remind me what they changed from Nagito's FTEs because I don't remember anything being changed from that.

There is an in depth translations floating around the web, but basically in the original
it comes off as an aborted love confession while the translated version is completely different in meaning.

In his fifth freetime event, Nagito poured his heart out to Hajime, telling him about his terminal diseases and his wish to be loved before he dies. He then quickly slammed the door on their relationship by falsely dismissing what he had just stated as lies, probably for the sake of Hajime's safety, since Hajime was about to forgive Nagito and he would've been in danger if they got too close due to Nagito's bad luck. Due to the wording in Japanese, Nagito's last line in particular is heavily implied to be the beginning of a love confession that he decided to rephrase at the last second into him being in love with Hajime's hope instead (the official English translation doesn't include this aspect and he simply says that he loves Hajime's hope). His usage of “ai shiteru” also reflects this notion, as it's an incredibly strong phrase that even some married couples are hesitant to use.

I always viewed Sayaka's actions as her final way of trying to repent for what she had tried to do. True she didn't know exactly how the class trial worked, but she did know that you had to murder someone without others being able to figure out who did it, so she was trying to warn/save Makoto. She's not perfect, but I do think she at least tried to make things right in the end.

Oh boy.

We also have class confirmation:
Class 66: Daisaku Bandai
Class 69: Great Gozu
Class 74: Chisa Yukizome, Kyosuke Munakata, Juzo Sakakura
Class 76: Ruruka Ando, Seiko Kimura, Sonosuke Izayoi
Class 77: Ryouta Mitarai, DR2 cast
Class 78: DR1 cast
Unknown: Miaya Gekkougahara

Looking at the new info, it seems like Uchikoshi and Kodaka have been exchanging notes - DR3 involves a killing game involving sleeping gas and a traitor.

Finally went and read some of the scans online. Judging from what we can see here, I'm glad they're going to be airing both chapters simultaneously. Hopefully neither are rushed (in terms of quality or pacing). FF characters, classes and branches are interesting too. I didn't find it, but do we know what FF branch(es) Hiro, Hina and Kyoko are in? Looking forward to more details on the new killing game. July can't come soon enough. :/

Finally went and read some of the scans online. Judging from what we can see here, I'm glad they're going to be airing both chapters simultaneously. Hopefully neither are rushed (in terms of quality or pacing). FF characters, classes and branches are interesting too. I didn't find it, but do we know what FF branch(es) Hiro, Hina and Kyoko are in? Looking forward to more details on the new killing game. July can't come soon enough. :/

Kyoko is the leader of the 14th division, and Makoto and Yasuhiro are under her. Aoi - interestingly - is part of the 13th and is in representation of the head of that branch. As for the rest, Byakuya stated in DRAE that he was also part of the 14th division, while Toko had no confirmed status within FF beyond that of an intern.

Kyoko is the leader of the 14th division, and Makoto and Yasuhiro are under her. Aoi - interestingly - is part of the 13th and is in representation of the head of that branch. As for the rest, Byakuya stated in DRAE that he was also part of the 14th division, while Toko had no confirmed status within FF beyond that of an intern.

Yes, I remembered from AE that Byakuya and Makoto were in the 14th division and that Toko was just an intern. In retrospect, considering Hiro's LN that you unlock at the end of AE and
Kyoko's appearance at the end of 2
, it would make sense for them to be in the same division.

Can you post a link for Hina being the leader of the 13th division? Or does anyone have all of the translated scans all together? Sorry, I can't find them in one place. >.>

Yes, I remembered from AE that Byakuya and Makoto were in the 14th division and that Toko was just an intern. In retrospect, considering Hiro's LN that you unlock at the end of AE and
Kyoko's appearance at the end of 2
, it would make sense for them to be in the same division.

Can you post a link for Hina being the leader of the 13th division? Or does anyone have all of the translated scans all together? Sorry, I can't find them in one place. >.>

They have translated in Tumblr both profiles from the Despair and Future arcs.

It's not that weird, really. After all, the series is all about strong hope and faith prevailing.
I remember in the first game Naegi really holds on to that "11037" thing to save himself from the despair of being betrayed.

And anyway, most of the characters in both titles tend to put their deceased friends under the most positive light and remember even the killers fondly. There's a moment when they lamented Nagito's loss, for god's sake.

Yeah, I just found it. Missed a link to it in the other DR tumblr I follow earlier, but thanks for posting!

So the only FF head we don't know is the 13th Branch leader. Hmm...

It's either a new character or (as some theories floating around say) is Byakuya after a promotion or just a straight up retcon.

It's either a new character or (as some theories floating around say) is Byakuya after a promotion or just a straight up retcon.

I was figuring it was a new and unseen character. However, it could be a promotion for Byakuya. He was involved in the (AE spoilers)
Towa City mess and rescuing the loved ones there,
and he is a pretty competent and intelligent individual.

Speaking of Byakuya, I haven't kept up with the Byakuya novel, which might have some relevant answers.

GoldStarz

I was figuring it was a new and unseen character. However, it could be a promotion for Byakuya. He was involved in the (AE spoilers)
Towa City mess and rescuing the loved ones there,
and he is a pretty competent and intelligent individual.

Speaking of Byakuya, I haven't kept up with the Byakuya novel, which might have some relevant answers.
From what I've been hearing, the Togami novels are an absolute mess.

When DR3 coming out?
The anime is coming out in July.

Eidjinn

I just finished Danganronpa 1 and 2, following the GAf community's recommendation and...

AW, S****!!!

Danganronpa 1 was cool, but after beating every single game of the Phoenix Wright franchise, and beating 999 and Zero Escape, I thought this franchise was third place in my heart, and kind of far from those two... but then I played the second Danganronpa...!

The ending was really cool! That sense of dreadness really remind me of Resident Evil!

Now, to some more info: which materials should I get to get even more immersed in Danganronpa's world?
Danganronpa Zero (novel, right?), and that's it? Is the Danganronpa another episode worth playing? Are there any other games that I'm missing?

Danganronpa's world?
Danganronpa Zero (novel, right?), and that's it? Is the Danganronpa another episode worth playing? Are there any other games that I'm missing?

You can read Danganronpa Zero here. There's a Danganronpa 3 anime coming out in July that will wrap up the current Danganronpa storyline, and they're currently developing the next game simultaneously (New Danganronpa V3).

As for Another Episode, I think it's worth playing. There's some mixed reactions to it, but if you're really craving more DR I'd say go for it. It's going for good prices now.

Permanently A

I just started Danganronpa 2.

What the fuck?
Why is Byakuya fat? Why is he even here?

I don't know what's going on but I know for sure I'm not going to like this fuckery

Top Bottom