• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sorian

Banned
Isn't it though :3 kind of want to keep it for a while actually.

I should mention that I also enjoy the avatar.

So this game ended in a sole neutral victory?

giphy.gif

I didn't even know that was a possibility in these games!

I hope El Topo gets a solo neutral win one day!

Why didn't you guys hammer swamped after how clear it was she was despair? Like after rest and royal flipped hope. How could she have been town?

Swamped

Banned
Why didn't you guys hammer swamped after how clear it was she was despair? Like after rest and royal flipped hope. How could she have been town?

I even made a post D7 detailing how Hope could win by doing literally no work lol!

I'm still in shock about how i managed to avoid getting lynched 3 times in a row...

Swamped

Banned
lol, swamped surviving by charisma alone, good job everyone, Makai with the hardest of wins.

:> you really took DR townies for a ride and then some, swamps

kudos, really o7

XD i still have no idea how it happened lol. It's quite tiring to act as Town. Next time, i just want to be really scummy and sketchy, regardless of what team in on! I think that would be fun, but annoying for the rest of the players...

Ty4on

XD i still have no idea how it happened lol. It's quite tiring to act as Town. Next time, i just want to be really scummy and sketchy, regardless of what team in on! I think that would be fun, but annoying for the rest of the players...

That might actually work. My main defence of Rest was how scummy he behaved :p

Attempting to look scummy also gives scum a reason not to kill you so it makes sense for a power role.

MVP, But Honestly, Fuck This Guy: Makai
Honestly, he was probably responsible for making the game very interesting in the last few phases, but man did we hate him for it. First neutral to win alone in a GAF mafia game, he used the rules to his advantage and secured the win very tactically.

Despair MVP: Swamped
This was very tough, because I think all the scum brought a certain amount of knowledge and tactical awareness to the team. I think they all deserve this award. However, when it came down to it, Swamped managed to stay off of people’s radars for 6 phases and weasel her way out of 3 lynches. Her mafia chat strategies were well-coordinated and I think the last gambit she tried on Makai was very close to being successful, and very ballsy. Like I said, though, Tim, Splinter, and CM/Barry all brought something special to this team and it made me proud to host a game with such an astute mafia.

Hope MVP: Ty4on
You saw some of it in the thread, but this guy was doing a massive amount of legwork behind the scenes and he was constantly trying to find different angles to catch the mafia. Really, he deserves an A for effort, and using the information he was gaining from Pau, he really was thinking critically and getting close to Despair before he died.

Best Newcomer: *Splinter
Somehow, this newbie surprised the hell out of me when he came into the mafia thread with all these great strategies and constantly posting. I was surprised when he came onto people’s radars, too, because I thought he was playing a fantastic game.

Nice Try, Bud: kgtrep
Day 2 was really a good try. I mean, Crab was moderately suspicious, it was a reasonable gambit. I felt bad because I think kgtrep was trying really hard and was eliminated too early. It honestly was a good effort and I’d love to see what kgtrep can do if he’s around longer. Those graphs though.

Meme Generator: Crab
Chucklefucks.

Most Justified Reason to Rage: kingkitty
Fucking bagels, man.

The Entertainment: CzarTim
This fucking guy.

Baby Come Back: Hagi
Sadly, I kind of know Hagi from the Comics community, and I felt really bad when he got lynched Day 1. I’m pretty sure most of you guys did, too. I think he may have been turned off from the community, but I’ll ask him at some point if he’d like to return.

Most In Need of An Apology: Zippedpinhead
People rode you too hard. You didn’t mess up that bad or worse than other people have in this very game. Take it easy on him guys.

starsky

Congrats Makai. You played really well, much better than Despair and Hope.

Town MVP: AbsolutBro, goshujinsama

Despair MVP: CzarTim

Swamped

Banned
Town played really well as a team, that's why we were cornered quite early! But i have to agree with Ty4on as Town MVP. When he brought up the mimic theory all of us in the Despair chat panicked so hard lol.

Ty4on

Hard to come up with a Despair MVP because they all did a great job. With Barrylocke being so busy it was really clever of him to bus CzarTim D3, that alone made me think Christina was Hope till the end.

Ty4on

Town played really well as a team, that's why we were cornered quite early! But i have to agree with Ty4on as Town MVP. When he brought up the mimic theory all of us in the Despair chat panicked so hard lol.

I wanted to get you to believe I was Pau in disguise and was scrambling to mention it in a way where it looked like it slipped out of me. That's why I was also angry when Czar got turbo'd. When that had been spinning in my head for a while and Kalor got lynched it was really obvious that *Splinter was the mimic and had killed Salva N2, attacked Sawneeks N3, noticed that he didn't see me and therefore attacked my room N4.

Edit: So used to double posting...

Edit2: Also, Town, I was the Ninja. That's why I stayed alive for so long and never wanted to discuss my night movements. The path I took would leave anyone undiscovered (except by the person exiting the other room) and Launch revealed that N2 someone was invisible, but didn't do the same as me (so Crab healed himself). So had *Splinter killed franconp N1 nobody would have seen him :p

Swamped

Banned
AbsolutBro, Sawneeks, and Kingkitty were essential in helping me narrow down the Night 7 killer to Swamped.

And i would kill them again without hesitation. I hate happy couples.

Btw Makai, if you go through the Despair chat please don't think I'm a weirdo. In my head you're this stubborn kid with fat cheeks, and i may have mentioned once or twice that i really want to pinch them...:S

Swamped

Banned
I see, so Sawneeks helped Despair figure out he was a power role.

The funny thing is we saw Crab wandering N1, but we also sent a hamster to his room, and the hamster reported back saying nobody had left Crab's room. We were really confused until SalvaPot's role became apparent.

Ty4on

Like actual Gosh or switched Gosh? Because then this:
CzarTim in scum thread said:
On the way to carry out your action, you cross paths with the following students:

AbsolutBro
Crab
SalvaPot
Sawneeks
Pau
means Czar took the bottom row. I'm guessing Crab thought he was switched because otherwise he was the only one who could prove Czar's target couldn't have been AB.

Edit:
Salva swapped Crab and you
Ah, that makes much more sense.

The funny thing is we saw Crab wandering N1, but we also sent a hamster to his room, and the hamster reported back saying nobody had left Crab's room. We were really confused until SalvaPot's role became apparent.
Because he targeted himself :p
Launch did confirm though that he technically did leave it briefly:
Actually Crab was seen in Fight Club wasn't he? I doubt he leaves his room to protect himself

Wild theory disproven
I had to answer this for someone else, may as well do it for everyone else.

Realistically, no he doesn't leave his room. However, since Salva's role existed, for the game's rules he would. He wouldn't be seen if he were to target himself and Salva did not target him, though, since he would do a quick circle and go back in.

Ridiculous, I know.

Congratulations makai! Good game.

At least I made the game entertaining. As I said in the dead thread, my biggest mistake wasn't targeting kingkitty on my last day, but going with Royal_flush the day before.

Oh well, always next game!

Thank you launch, for being a great and entertaining moderator

Sawneeks

Banned
Good game everyone! Kind of bummed Guess Who didn't work out but hey, what can you do? And congratulations to Makai for winning! I'm just happy the Loser Despair Squad didn't win. :p

Looking back on it....oops. At first I honestly did believe she was Hope and we were on the wrong track but by the end of it I think I was just being stubborn.

GG swamped

Kalor

That was a fun game and it ended in an appropriate way according to the material. My perfect win record is over now with 2-1.

Sorian

Banned
Do we have a list of best and worst used roles (on average) as GAFIA uses them?

With governors and doctors at the bottom, of course

Doctors always die day or night 1 with the exception of nin in the very first game.

Governors override the dumbest things and for best effect, they save scum to kill a town teammate.

Cops are ok, hit or miss.

Trackers and Watchers tend to have the blind luck of gods.

Good game everyone! Kind of bummed Guess Who didn't work out but hey, what can you do? And congratulations to Makai for winning! I'm just happy the Loser Despair Squad didn't win. :p

Looking back on it....oops. At first I honestly did believe she was Hope and we were on the wrong track but by the end of it I think I was just being stubborn.

GG swamped

You can't be stubborn in mafia. Did you have any counter to royals post or goshujins post?

Ty4on

Doctors always die day or night 1 with the exception of nin in the very first game.

Almost forgot about him. Easily the most successful doctor unless I'm missing someone. He also got me to doubt my reads more because I thought he was Mafia from D1 :p

I could have night killed Christina to win with Town.

nah in this highschool u gonna get killed first! i think? soyuri pointed it out on the dead thread... i think? ..... that usually nk goes last but not in this lewd place ! see last night, you killed swamped but her kill goes thru first (zipped)... or something like that :3

.... but grats on winning :D that was pretty ballsy at the end ! .... i think it will be funny to watch DR veterans meet you again in future games :>

Sorian

Banned
Read the win condition. I won if I killed 2 Despair. I had already killed 1. If I wanted to win with Town, I just had to force a No Punishment and then kill Christina.

I know, I was apologizing because I was just specifically talking about the survivor condition of your role. In Hyper's scenario, you weren't going to get a win by the two despair kill, so I didn't note it in what I was saying.

Sorian

Banned
nah in this highschool u gonna get killed first! i think? soyuri pointed it out on the dead thread... i think? ..... that usually nk goes last but not in this lewd place ! see last night, you killed swamped but her kill goes thru first (zipped)... or something like that :3

.... but grats on winning :D that was pretty ballsy at the end ! .... i think it will be funny to watch DR veterans meet you again in future games :>

Nah, Launch clarified for me. The kills resolve at the same time so if they targeted each other, they would have both come out of the night phase dead.

Edit: And Launch had Swamped kill first last night for the purposes of flavor only since the kill order didn't matter.

Makai

Today: No Punishment
Despair
Town
Town
Me

Tonight: Despair kills Town. I kill Despair. I win
Despair
Town
Town
Me

Tomorrow: Town wins
Town