• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Next time when I tell you to lynch someone fucking lynch them. My D1 reads bring all the scum to the yard.

Sorian

Banned
Last 3 posts:

tumblr_m2sp5rzK6l1r6fra8.gif

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Next time when I tell you to lynch someone fucking lynch them. My D1 reads bring all the scum to the yard.
I'll have you remember that I called Swamped (then swamped) Day 1.

exf27M4.png

Good morning! There are now 48 hours before the end of the day phase.

DING DONG DING DONG

“Good morning! It’s 7 AM! Time to wake up! Let’s all strive to do our best today!”

Following the execution yesterday, Makai had seemingly lost his mind. The look in his eyes told them that despair had overtaken him, yet they did not know how to proceed with this newfound information.

“Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!”

As expected, someone died last night. However, after a brief pause, it came on again…

“Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!”

It seemed as though Makai had made good on his promise - but which promise was it? Exiting the dorms, the students gathered around the first crime scene. Entering, you found the body lying very close to the door, bruising around its neck. From a cursory inspection, the body had been strangled. The victim’s face unobscured, yet pale and lifeless.

Zippedpinhead has been strangled.

The students stepped out to approach the next crime scene, hoping to see if Makai had kept up his promise with the Despair students. However, they did not need to travel far to find out. The door to the room adjacent to Zipped’s stood slightly ajar. Proceeding in slowly, the body was found almost immediately, a fire axe lying on the ground next to it and a large wound in its torso. Nothing else was out of place, leading to the conclusion that it was likely an ambush and the victim had been caught unawares.

Swamped has been axed.

Taking in whatever details they could find, the students eventually made their way to the courtroom...

Zippedpinhead said:
Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are an Ordinary Student!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Swamped said:

You are the Super High-School Level Team Manager!

You are aligned with Despair. You win when only Despair-aligned players remain.

You do not remember all of your classmates, but you remember your allies and your mission: to escape this school by whatever means necessary.

As a team manager, you’ve always held yourself to an even higher standard than your students. As such, you are an absolute mountain of strength.

However, you’re otherwise kind of ordinary and boring… I mean, I guess you could still kill people. That’s pretty cool. But your teammates are all much cooler than you and have cool abilities. So, uh, good luck?

As a Remnant of Despair, you and your allies will discuss what action to carry out at night. Once per night, you can choose a player to target for murder, then one of your members to carry out the murder. The player assigned to carry out the murder needs to PM me with the command KILL: <player name>. Depending on who carries out the murder, player-specific role abilities can be used. Barring interference from other roles, that player will be murdered and the circumstances of the murder will be announced at the beginning of the following day phase. Alternatively, you can also target locations with the command KILL: <location name>. This uses up your kill for the night. In the case that a location is targeted, any players located in that facility will, under normal circumstances, be murdered.

Time remaining in Day Phase 10:

t1443121200z4.png

Makai

Holy shit.

Vote: Christina Mackenzie

Makai I will play Guess Who with you whenever you want.
Perfect! How about right now? I don't really care who wins. I just needed to kill a Despair to satisfy the win condition where I survive to the end of the game. If you want your team to win, you will need to earn it!

tumblr_myjmgq3DyP1ry46hlo1_r1_400.gif

You will be playing Guess Who For Liars. Hope and Despair each choose a representative to play. I will vote for the loser.

From a cast of 24 characters, each player must choose one as their secret character. On his turn, a player may ask a yes-or-no question. The opponent must answer truthfully and mark out suspects elminated by their answer. If a player guesses the other player's secret character, they win! However, players can easily lie about their chosen character, so I am introducing an important rule. You may switch your secret character at any time. This means players must eliminate all but a single suspect to win.

MuKaVSG.png

There are a few guidelines for questions:
-Do not ask questions your opponent has already asked.
-Do not ask questions that require unreasonable knowledge. e.g. do not ask, "Did your character vote for Crab in Day 2?"

To respond:
-Answer the last question with yes or no.
-Post your board with elminated characters crossed out.
-To eliminate suspects, one player must use blue and the other must use red. I am colorblind and this will help me distinguish ownership of each board.
-Ask a yes-or-no question.

First player gets an advantage by asking the first question, so they will be given a slight handicap - they start with a suspect eliminated. Hmm, this guy doesn't seem fishy.

CvkO3VS.png

I will be available to answer any questions and moderate the game. Suck it, Blarg.

Sawneeks

Banned
-Life or Death Guess Who-

I had a feeling this might happen but yeah, I'm down with this. :p

I'm cool with playing representative for Hope unless Goshu wants to give this a go and, by all means, go right ahead! I will wait for Goshu and Christina to at least post first before starting the game just in case they are late to the party.

One question though, can we cross out multiple avatars after an answer is given? Like, say, the question is "is this character from a video game?" and the answer is no. Can we cross off all video game avatars or only one?

Makai

I had a feeling this might happen but yeah, I'm down with this. :p

I'm cool with playing representative for Hope unless Goshu wants to give this a go and, by all means, go right ahead! I will wait for Goshu and Christina to at least post first before starting the game just in case they are late to the party.

One question though, can we cross out multiple avatars after an answer is given? Like, say, the question is "is this character from a video game?" and the answer is no. Can we cross off all video game avatars or only one?
You cross off all video game avatars. The game is to eliminate all but one of the suspects in the least questions.

Makai

Also, try to keep your questions to general knowledge. The other player has to be able to answer without looking it up!

Makai

I would but with myself and Goshu left as the last 2 Hope players and since only one of us can play I'm going to wait and see what he wants to do. :)
Well, he might not have an easy time competing. I remember Gosh said he had a tight schedule and was posting from internet cafes or something. You promised to play back on Day 4, anyway. :D

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, he might not have an easy time competing. I remember Gosh said he had a tight schedule and was posting from internet cafes or something. You promised to play back on Day 4, anyway. :D

Fair enough. I still want to keep it open for him just in case he shows up but I will throw the first question at Christina. Also I want to say she and I live in fairly different timezones? Hopefully this won't effect things too much.

SxXLrTQ.jpg

Anyway, Christina! It's time to duel! I'm not going to let Despair rule this school.

First question: Does your character have a transparent background?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I'll take "Characters I don't Recognize" for $200, Alex

I will not be able to play this game, Makai, since it is likely that this is the last time that I will be able to get online for a few days. I trust you both will bring Hope its victory, Sawneeks and Makai.

Vote: Christina Mackenzie

Seeing that Swamped's role was a Despair without any abilities, there may be a chance that Christina's a Despair Power Role. Not sure how that would come into play if she survives the Day phase.

It is unfortunate that Hope had gotten dragged up to this point where Hope could have won this game a few cycles ago, but in the event that I will not regain my internet access for a prolonged period, I just would like to say that it has certainly been an experience. Thank you for all that participated and to the moderator, as well.

Sawneeks

Banned
@Makai. In order to win do you have to specifically ask "is your character [redacted] ? " or is it whoever gets down to the last block first?

Makai

Sorry, guys. I'm cutting this short since you guys live on opposite ends of the earth.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Guess Who was a farce. Let’s just say you’re both winners! Wait, that doesn’t work...

You are The Highlander!

You are aligned with the GOAT. You win when you absolutely wreck everyone else in the game.

There can be only no one

highlander-movie.jpg

Everyone just lost. Take a look at the flips from today and yesterday:

Zippedpinhead said:

Swamped said:
You are aligned with Despair. You win when only Despair-aligned players remain.

Kingkitty said:
You are aligned with the the no one. You win when you’ve successfully eliminated two Remnants of Despair through night killing. If there are not enough Remnants of Despair remaining, you instead win by surviving until the end of the game.

Notice that I’m neither aligned with Hope nor Despair. Here’s how the rest of the game plays out.

Tonight:
KILL: Sawneeks

Tomorrow:
VOTE: Gosh

Tomorrow Night:
KILL: Gosh

Special Thanks:
—kgtrep for saving my life on Day 2

—CzarTim for saving my life on Day 3

—Kingkitty for being my bro. Days 1-3 were really lonely. Knowing your identity was comforting.

—AbsolutBro for helping me solve the mystery

—Zippedpinhead and Sawneeks for not hammering Swamped. I wanted to win the game as a Lucky Student, but noooooo…

The Game Ends
The vote came down on Christina Mackenzie, finally hammered down by Makai. But by finally doing so, the remaining Hope-aligned students had awoken something much more menacing than Despair. Being much less concerned with the execution of the last Despair, the attention of the Hope students turned to Makai. With a crazed look in his eye, he began to make his way around the courtroom to their position.

”That won’t be necessary,” Monokuma announced, holding a hand to his mouth as he let out his signature laugh.

The floor underneath the podiums for Sawneeks and goshujinsama opened up and swallowed the two down into the bottomless pit that had swallowed up TL21xx.

Makai then turned to Monokuma. “Well, that’s no fun. What do I do now?” His voice give an impression of flippancy, yet was chilling and menacing all the same.

Monokuma burst out laughing. “Oh no, dear pupil. You may have won the game, but you were never going to get out of here alive.” With that, Monokuma pulled out a handgun and fired it at Makai, the force of the bullet knocking the student on his back.

Makai began laughing hysterically, as a pool of blood began to spread around his body. “I knew that already, you stupid bear,” he proclaimed between his laughter. Eventually, his body became lifeless, as the blood continued to spread on the floor around him.

“Jeez, what a shitshow…,” Monokuma said, hopping down from his judge’s chair and waddling off out of the room.

Sawneeks said:

You are the Super High-School Level Swimming Pro!

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Ever since you were a child, you loved swimming. You would go out to the pool with your friends and compete with them, taking it way too seriously. If you ever get out of this school, you’ll want to keep at it and make a career out of it.

Once every odd numbered night, you will go to the swimming pool to swim laps. On these nights, any roles which visit your dorm room will be ineffective. This action is automatic, there is no need to PM me any commands.

goshujinsama said:

You are an Ordinary Student!

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Christina Mackenzie said:

You are the Super High-School Level Breeder!

You are aligned with the Despair. You win when only Despair-aligned players remain.

You do not remember all of your classmates, but you remember your allies and your mission: to escape this school by whatever means necessary.

You have an army of trained hamsters at your disposal who you can communicate with perfectly. They are your most trusted allies in this game. As such, you can send your hamsters out to carry out missions for you.

Once per night phase, you can select one location (dorm room or other facility) at which to place a sentry hamster at by PMing me the command HAMSTER SNOOP: <player name>. The hamster will report back to you who visited the location in the following day phase, but not what action was performed. Your hamsters will not be noticed moving through the school at night.

As a Remnant of Despair, you and your allies will discuss what action to carry out at night. Once per night, you can choose a player to target for murder, then one of your members to carry out the murder. The player assigned to carry out the murder needs to PM me with the command KILL: <player name>. Depending on who carries out the murder, player-specific role abilities can be used. Barring interference from other roles, that player will be murdered and the circumstances of the murder will be announced at the beginning of the following day phase. Alternatively, you can also target locations with the command KILL: <location name>. This uses up your kill for the night. In the case that a location is targeted, any players located in that facility will, under normal circumstances, be murdered.
Makai said:

You are the Super High-School Level Lucky Student!

You are aligned with the Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

Hmm. Wait, that’s weird. I thought there was already another Lucky Student? What, are you some kind of imposter or something? Oh well.

You can survive one attempt on your life during the night phase. This ability is activated automatically when you are targeted. After that, you will become an ordinary student. However, there are two Lucky Students in this game. If a murder is attempted on the other Lucky Student or punished by voting, you will be notified and your role will change to the following.

You are the Super High-School Level Hope!

You are aligned with the no one. You win when you’ve successfully eliminated two Remnants of Despair through night killing. If there are not enough Remnants of Despair remaining, you instead win by surviving until the end of the game.

You’ve taken it upon yourself to free the rest of the students from despair. However, you know with your extreme methods, that you’ll only end up alienating them; so, you work at night to fulfill your goals.

To do so, you’ve resorted to attempting to find and murder the remaining Remnants of Despair. During the night phase, you can choose a player dorm or other location to target for murder by PMing me the command KILL: <player name>. Conversely, if you wish to target a location, you can send me the command KILL: <location name>. Any players in that location will, under normal circumstances, be murdered.

For final votes, please refer to the third OP.

Top Bottom