• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Noi

Am I the only Celeste fan in here? Lovely, Gothic, Liar Game-winning waifu~

She's the first one I started spending my free time with. (Chapter 3 spoiler)
I p. much went "oh noooooooooooooooo" when the twist happens in chapter 3 and I had to pin it on her. :(

Lemstar

tumblr_mt4c5dJQre1rhjbxno1_500.gif

I like her. She's no Touko, though.
Yeah, she knows what personal hygiene is.

Moonlight

Banned
Celeste has a winning French accent, but I haven't spent much time with her. She's a bit... well, creepy.

Toko and Aoi are the best of the best.

PK Gaming

Celeste is great

You can count on her to sometimes
to help you out from time to time. I love how she destroys leon at the end of the first case.
(Case 1 spoilers)

After bitching about not getting my LE yet and then caving onto double dipping with the digital version, gotta say I'm really enjoying the localization. Super high quality stuff going on here.

I like everyone's voices, they are all pretty amazing.

Had to stop for the night, cause my Vita's batteries were starting to die, haha.

All this talk about the girls, where's the husbando fans? (Though SDR2 has way better dudes IMO.)

Owada and Ishimaru are the best methinks.

After bitching about not getting my LE yet and then caving onto double dipping with the digital version, gotta say I'm really enjoying the localization. Super high quality stuff going on here.

I like everyone's voices, they are all pretty amazing.

Had to stop for the night, cause my Vita's batteries were starting to die, haha.
Ah, don't give me any ideas...

All this talk about the girls, where's the husbando fans? (Though SDR2 has way better dudes IMO.)

Owada and Ishimaru are the best methinks.

Ah, don't give me any ideas...

I think it's pretty obvious who I think is the best husbando. And I'm definitely right!

I only broke down since I was expecting it today and that never happened and I have no idea if my damn copy even left Texas.

pariah164

She's the first one I started spending my free time with. (Chapter 3 spoiler)
I p. much went "oh noooooooooooooooo" when the twist happens in chapter 3 and I had to pin it on her. :(
(Ch. 3 Spoiler)

I STILL liked her after that. She was the only one who really accepted her death with grace and dignity - even when Monokuma wrecked it.)

zulux21

This is its last known whereabouts. So, it still has 1.5 hours left to make the expected delivery date.

im in the same boat, I am expecting it to come on the 13th now that it's actually in wisconsin... which will make it not once but twice it missed it's expected date. the first expected date was the 10th and then the 12th...

made me really sad as well... I had a good 7 hours to play tonight and another few hours tomorrow morning... but no... it's not here so I can't play and instead will be bothered by a party and work the next few days :/

oh well...
on a different note... I hate spoiler threads... they really should have spoiler at the front instead of listing the full game title and then spoiler... I rarely read past the first few words >.>; (but i read most OPs all the way through.... so I am not a horrible poster ><:)

luckily I only read one line of speculation which meant nothing to me anyways, thought to myself... hmmm that seems like something that should be spoilered... and then realized where i was lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Since the Vita version is my second time through, I'm taking my sweet time and finished Chapter 1.

I always liked the writing for this chapter.

Just finished chapter 4 and that was a damn good chapter.
I was really thrown off by the case. I pretty much suspected Hina going into the case since Hiro and Toko were too obvious, but I had no clue what Hina's motivation was. It was great seeing how the twists kept coming throughout the entire trial and left me guessing for a bit.
The whole revelation with Sakura after the trial screwed with my emotions. And then, after all that, Chihiro had to die again. Fuck that bear.

Flandy

Just finished Chapter 1.

Holy crap at Junkos death. Poor girl :(

Two of my favorite characters were killed off almost immediately. Wonderful @___@ Struggled a small bit during the trial since I presented the correct evidence on the right testimony lol. That rhythm mini game wasn't explained too well imo. I'm still not really sure how it works too be honest. How long am I supposed to wait before I press Triangle and what does reloading do?

:lol at the key piece of evidence being the blood on the wall. Figured it out immediately that is said Leon. Even before Kyoko mentioned looking at it differently. I thought it was way too obvious and thought that maybe the writing was a red herring.

Enjoying the game so far. Especially liked the first trial. Playing on the hardest difficultys although I'm not sure how much of a difference that actually makes. Could someone tell me?

kewlmyc

She is my favorite. Always liked the gothic Lolita thing.

*Ch 3 trial spoiler*
Until she had Hifumi and best guy killed for the dumbest fucking reason. Fuck her and her stupid ass dream. One of the worst motives I've ever seen.

clt5590tew0g8qvik.png

Just started the game and was immediately irritated by the apparent existence of difficulty settings. Can't say I appreciate them giving me this choice in this type of game as it is impossible to guess which one gives me the best experience. What do people recommend that have already played the game?

I ended up buying a copy yesterday when the one I'd ordered from Amazon STILL hadn't showed up. Debating whether to return it or keep it sealed as a collector's item, since I think this will have a pretty low print-run. If I keep two copies, that might also encourage NISA to release SDR2, so maybe I should just keep it, lol.

Only made it past the prologue last night, but I'm loving the art style and music! Didn't really understand the differences between the various difficulties, so I went with 'gentle' for my first playthrough.

Dugna

clt5590tew0g8qvik.png

Just started the game and was immediately irritated by the apparent existence of difficulty settings. Can't say I appreciate them giving me this choice in this type of game as it is impossible to guess which one gives me the best experience. What do people recommend that have already played the game?

Highest difficulty if you don't want to be bored by the little mini games in each case.

Einbroch

Banned
My girlfriend, who knows nothing about videogames, heard me fire this up last night. Now she's saying "Danganronpa" over and over in the voice at the title screen.

Gonna have to just stop using free shipping for my Amazon orders. It is still sitting there with "Not yet shipped" as it's status. Might as well preorder elsewhere for cheaper and get faster shipping. Wtf amazon.

Holmes

How long does it take for this to get going? I've already fallen asleep twice playing this game during the Prologue.
First of all, go you for rocking the Cosima avatar. But maybe you should get some sleep instead of playing games if you're so tired. Game really starts during the first trial and doesn't let up.

I couldn't wait on my NISA order to arrive, I had to play this game. I downloaded it Tuesday night and other than because I had to make a 4 hour drive home, I haven't been able to put this thing down. It's pretty amazing. I am skipping a lot of the social link type sessions, though; I think I'll save them for later. I'm all about digging my fangs into the mystery right now. Just cleared Chapter 2 to a very interesting tidbit that I had already suspected from the get-go (not revealing anything so as to not spoil).

I'll admit, though, the only thing that held me through the exposition chapter was the fact that
I knew someone would eventually be murdered.
I mean, I guess that's not really a spoiler, I tagged it just for anyone who might claim it is. The exposition does take awhile, though things go into high gear as the first chapter begins.

Also, this game gets a bazillion points for style. I think the gameplay element of actually having to target a statement to "shoot it" down is a bit silly (it's pretty inconsequential), but the music and visual presentation make it fun regardless.

Lastly, I effin' love Byakuya. He made the second trial much more interesting.

Now, what to do with the physical copy NISA sent me... I was thinking of just sending it back, I'm not really a collector or nuthin'. I was wondering if I could get away with exchanging it at GameStop for Tales of Symphonia HD or Bravely Default...

PK Gaming

I'm banning myself from tumblr until I beat this game

Curiously enough, i've seen images, art, etc of DanganRonpa for years now. Heck, I even reblogged some of it! It's a good thing my long term memory isn't great, haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Further into Chapter 2....

WILL YOU STOP KILLING CHARACTERS I TRY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT, GAME?!?

Um, wow, I have no words to describe
Toko's face after she passes out & changes attitude...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 2 Trial.

WUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
THAT TONGUE.

Also, screw that white noise that appears over statements I want to see are correct. During one section, I must have tried 3 times removing it, then the bullet would just BARELY miss because it shifted to the next sentence.

pariah164

Chapter 2 Trial.

WUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
THAT TONGUE.

Also, screw that white noise that appears over statements I want to see are correct. During one section, I must have tried 3 times removing it, then the bullet would just BARELY miss because it shifted to the next sentence.
I use the rear touch pad for white noise and then tap statements on the front. It's all about timing and speed.

Ch. 2 Trial Spoilers:

Gene Simmons called; he wants his tongue back.

Ok, I need to vent. SCREW THE INTERNET. SERIOUSLY.

I was looking up something about Virtue's Last Reward. Something that should be completely unrelated other than being in the same genre as Danganronpa. There, in the Google Image search preview, is an image from the game of one of the characters dead. Like seriously, WHAT THE HELL? Am I seriously going to abstain from using the Internet altogether? Is that what it's going to come to?

I'm pissed right now.

FluxWaveZ

Ok, I need to vent. SCREW THE INTERNET. SERIOUSLY.

I was looking up something about Virtue's Last Reward. Something that should be completely unrelated other than being in the same genre as Danganronpa. There, in the Google Image search preview, is an image from the game of one of the characters dead. Like seriously, WHAT THE HELL? Am I seriously going to abstain from using the Internet altogether? Is that what it's going to come to?

I'm pissed right now.

That's a tough one, but kinda. Google image search, Youtube comments and Youtube related videos seem to be the things to really avoid if something might be tangentially related to what you're looking into.

I'm glad I 100%ed this months ago. I literally just got the vita version for a free platinum and to see what gameplay improvements were made, if any. Plus I have to support this because I want the sequel localized so fucking badly.

Uh, isn't the NISA event thing today? If they don't announce SDR2 or tease it for localization I'm gonna be fucking surprised.

I've been playing Bravely Default and Toukiden to pass the time until tomorrow when my LE supposedly comes in (hopefully in the morning). Hopefully it doesn't get caught in a storm or random space battle or some shit.

Danganronpa's plot is ridiculously spoiled by the internet.

Google search
Google images
Youtube
Youtube comments
Youtube Related Videos
Tumblr
Twitter
Even the Wikia on it.

I don't think you can search anything related to it without getting spoiled in some way.

Monokuma is watching you.

Uh, isn't the NISA event thing today? If they don't announce SDR2 or tease it for localization I'm gonna be fucking surprised.

I've been playing Bravely Default and Toukiden to pass the time until tomorrow when my LE supposedly comes in (hopefully in the morning). Hopefully it doesn't get caught in a storm or random space battle or some shit.

More likely than you think, upupupu.

Top Bottom