• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

I missed my chance to get this game. Now all game stores within 20 miles near me says out of stock. And they don't know when the next stock will arrive either. Thank god, I already played this in the PSP so the shocks/twists might not affect me that much. And the scalpers near me are already charging a premium for a new one.

Don't click if your not done with the game or is not at the last trial of the game.
Just Kidding, Why would I spoil this game?

PK Gaming

I hope you're satisfied with his punishment, then.

Because... woah.

He was turned into butter. Then eaten. I can't think of a worse fate, tbh.

I've been there; P4G sat next to me for a month before I got my Vita.

Well he was turned into butter. So close enough?

Yeah I broke out laughing when it happened, but you know what? It's still not enough. The damage is already done... Dis Bear indeed, I need to take a break before moving onto chapter 3.

Clov

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)
Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!

I will never, ever, ever, EVER, forgive that rotten piece of scum Mondo, EVER. What he did to poor Chihiro... I hope he burns for it.

To be fair, he had his own reasons. I mean, they obviously don't excuse what he's done, but it's a complicated issue, not just black and white. He does own up to it during the trial, and receives a pretty brutal execution for the whole deal.

I know how you feel though. It still hurts thinking about poor Chihiro. I won't forget!

Omikaru

Haven't had much time to put into this. Today was super busy, but I got through the prologue and some of chapter 1, and I like the general setup of the game.

I can't wait to sit down for 2-3 hours, when I'm not knackered, and really give the game a good play. I'll probably have to wait for the weekend for that though. :(

At any rate, I still think it's £30 well spent. Big thanks to NISA bringing this over, and I hope it's super successful for them!

PK Gaming

To be fair, he had his own reasons. I mean, they obviously don't excuse what he's done, but it's a complicated issue, not just black and white. He does own up to it during the trial, and receives a pretty brutal execution for the whole deal.

I know how you feel though. It still hurts thinking about poor Chihiro. I won't forget!

Yeah I know, I know. But even in spite of that I can never forgive him for what he did. And I actually really liked him prior to the trial too, so it only hurts even more. Fucking bastard...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 1 finished. I must say, I'm really excited the rest of the chapters to see what the writing's like. Though that ending...
What an unique way to go out. Freakin' pummeled to death with baseballs.

& not sure if it's a glitch or typo, but I managed to get all 3 of the "Cleared every class trial without...." trophies after the Chapter 1 trial finished.

Labrys

chapter 2
at least mondo actually felt remorseful for it and admitted to it, unlike a certain redhead baseball player

really though mondo's the only murderer i truly felt sorry for (in the first game)

kewlmyc

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)
Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!

I will never, ever, ever, EVER, forgive that rotten piece of scum Mondo, EVER. What he did to poor Chihiro... I hope he burns for it.

Surprising he didn't piss me off. I just felt sorry for everyone in that unfortunate situation. Only the main culprit and the Chapter 3 culprit pissed me off.

pariah164

Chapter 1 finished. I must say, I'm really excited the rest of the chapters to see what the writing's like. Though that ending...
What an unique way to go out. Freakin' pummeled to death with baseballs.

& not sure if it's a glitch or typo, but I managed to get all 3 of the "Cleared every class trial without...." trophies after the Chapter 1 trial finished.
You should see the Beta version of his death. It's almost WORSE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You should see the Beta version of his death. It's almost WORSE.
Well, that sounds interesting. There a way to see it without spoiling any future chapters? Think I don't wanna risk the Google search.

Oh man, this translation. "You're at that age you'd try humping a plastic bottle!".

Labrys

Well, that sounds interesting. There a way to see it without spoiling any future chapters? Think I don't wanna risk the Google search.

Oh man, this translation. "You're at that age you'd try humping a plastic bottle!".

http://surprise.ly/v/?N_W_3w_sfoI:0:0:0:100

that should work without spoiling anything

{Chapter 1 spoilers)

[/url]

It spoils nothing, really. It's also interesting to see how the characters and setting looked before they were finalized.

there ARE spoilers in the sidebar and the recommended videos at the end however. even a sdr2 one

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I thought to myself "OH GOD SPOILER" when I saw the title & thumbnail for a video on the side, but then remembered it's for the one I just saw.

I'll have to look more into this whole Beta once I finish the game, sounds really interesting.

Caladrius

Done with Chapter 3 and just got started with 4.

I guessed the solution half-right (spoilers of course) :
I figured Hifumi had faked his own death but I didn't think someone else had actually killed him. Celestia's courtroom freak-outs were so damned satisfying.

Chris R

What would be the best overview video for me to look at to determine if this game is for me? Wish Giant Bomb would do a quicklook but I don't think that is happening.

What would be the best overview video for me to look at to determine if this game is for me? Wish Giant Bomb would do a quicklook but I don't think that is happening.

Considering how spoiler-heavy this game is, it's hard to recommend any.

The translated demo videos might work though as they don't represent an actual case in the game. And of course the English version has English voice acting. Just don't read the comments or look at the sidebar.

Steel

Banned
You mean Mondolicious!
CH 2 spoilers:
Is it bad that that scene made me want to eat buttered pancakes? Like, I'm seriously gonna make myself some tomorrow morning.

Also getting spoiled on the fact that one of the characters were crossdressing sucked. I managed to actually forget who was mentioned too, so in CH 1 I actually thought kyoko was crossdressing, then realized early on in ch 2 that it was chihiro.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm really starting to wish the map had markers as to which characters were where. It's annoying trying to find a specific character to spend time with when you have no idea where they are.

Roto13

I'm really starting to wish the map had markers as to which characters were where. It's annoying trying to find a specific character to spend time with when you have no idea where they are.

It tells you which characters are in which room/hallway. What more do you want?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It tells you which characters are in which room/hallway. What more do you want?
OH. I was looking at the map that you bring up via Triangle while walking around. I didn't notice the map on the pause menu. Wow, that's so much more helpful.

How did I not notice that earlier.

So I called NISA earlier today. Apparently they the LE's only shipping out like... Now. The nice support lady sent me an email with my tracking number. As of... 8:51PM it is now on its way to my humble abode in Toronto from Grand Prairie, Texas. It's great to hear that others who ordered the LE finally are getting it this Friday as well. Thanks for the Valentines Day gift I guess, NISA. Now give these other people the second game because it's a lot better.

macklelol

OH. I was looking at the map that you bring up via Triangle while walking around. I didn't notice the map on the pause menu. Wow, that's so much more helpful.

You can also teleport to different parts of the school with that map.

So I called NISA earlier today. Apparently they the LE's only shipping out like... Now. The nice support lady sent me an email with my tracking number. As of... 8:51PM it is now on its way to my humble abode in Toronto from Grand Prairie, Texas. It's great to hear that others who ordered the LE finally are getting it this Friday as well. Thanks for the Valentines Day gift I guess, NISA. Now give these other people the second game because it's a lot better.
Did they say you'd get it by Friday?

Noi

Good lord, looking up art for (ending spoiler)
Junko
on the internet is a fuckin' minefield. Now I'm REALLY glad I played through the whole thing non-stop.

FluxWaveZ

Just discovered this through your discovery of this. I had remembered a prompt talking about quick travel before, but I never figured it out until now. Neat.

AlexIIDX

My friend got his LE yesterday...still waiting on mine.

Ibuki

Banned
My LE came in today while I was at work!

Just going through the prologue now, and I bet you can tell by my name who my waifu is/was.

I have played the fan translation to about chapter 2 (stopped because of the localization news) so it is exciting to see what has changed.

Moonlight

Banned
The waifu game is a dangerous one to play in DR, lol.

Also, yeah. Kyoko is awesome. Easily my favourite character design in the game, at least. I'd search for cool art of her but I'm really wary of spoilers by way of image search, so, that's right out.

Top Bottom