• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, Monokuma is freakin' hilarious at times, especially when that music plays.

Though NOOOOOOOOOOOO, the game has already claimed its first victim....Looks like I'm close to my first trial, though.

joe2187

Banned
Where the hell are you, you stupid package. :EEEEEEEE

At this point, I might as well get the digital copy cause I have no idea where in the blasted Southwest United States it is.

I have the same exact information.

I believe there are some weather issues happening in the midwest so there will be delays.

I ordered Pheonix Wright AA2 a week and half ago through amazon prime and it still hasn't arrived in CA because of weather issues.

matmanx1

Although I am not far in to Chapter 1 I am already extremely impressed with the presentation and premise. Anyone who likes VLR should definitely check this out!

gpn

arrggghhh!!! NISA, when did you start shipping in such crappy packaging? My LE arrived today crushed due to being shipped in a folded piece of cardboard with no padding. I've ordered several NISA LE items in the past and they were always shipped in nice sturdy boxes with the item wrapped in bubble-wrap. I hope this is not a new trend. I was really looking forward to playing this tonight after I saw it had been delivered, now I need to hold off to see what they're going to do for me.

So disappointed.

Moonlight

Banned
I just finished Chapter 2. What a fucking ride.

Erin Fitzgerald as Genocide Jack Jill was absolutely brilliant. A killer performance if I do say so, myself. But really, that was an awesome reveal. I can't exactly call it a twist, after all. But that was great. I played right into the game's hands, I think. I was sure Byakuya was the perpetrator the moment that Jill revealed herself. Then, well, everything else happened.

I'm still kinda shook up over Chihiro and Mondo, though. Mostly just regrets, actually. I was meaning to talk to Mondo for my next block of free time, and I didn't talk to Chihiro nearly enough. :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
and because of that, all of the voice actors had to talk in English and sound really unnatural dropping in foreign words. Would anyone ever talk like that in real life?

I guess you're right. Persona 4 lost a lot of its charm when using senpai, sensei and a bunch of ethnic food names instead of professor, upper-classman and hamburger.

They never sounded unnatural. Honestly, the only time I was taken aback by Persona 4's voice acting was in the anime. Everyone suddenly decided to mispronounce Morooka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0

I have the same exact information.

I believe there are some weather issues happening in the midwest so there will be delays.

I ordered Pheonix Wright AA2 a week and half ago through amazon prime and it still hasn't arrived in CA because of weather issues.

They still get my hate cause I know people in the same state and even the same city as me already got their's with no problem.

BgUTOVJCcAEKLTz.jpg:large

So yeah, hating you forever right now, USPS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
THIS TRIAL MUSIC. SO GOOODDDDD.

I am so freakin' glad I got the OST now. Please let the trial songs be on there.

Raven77

Trying to figure out if I would like this game. I like anime, mostly stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, etc. Not super into the high school stuff. I'm trying to like Persona 4 but am struggling to really get into it.

Not sure what I'm getting into with this game, even after reading some info on it I'm still confused.

Trigger

THIS TRIAL MUSIC. SO GOOODDDDD.

I am so freakin' glad I got the OST now. Please let the trial songs be on there.

It's pretty fucking stellar. I get a little excited when there's a murder just because I know the investigation and trial music is going to kick in soon lol.

Trying to figure out if I would like this game. I like anime, mostly stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, etc. Not super into the high school stuff. I'm trying to like Persona 4 but am struggling to really get into it.

Not sure what I'm getting into with this game, even after reading some info on it I'm still confused.

It's closer to Persona 4 in terms of atmosphere. A really solid mystery game, but the tone can get really silly on the drop of a hat.

Noi

Game beaten.

I can definitely say I saw the
world being ruined thing plotpoint coming since that's like... a staple of these type of games by now
. Very good tho, 10/10 would play, anxiously waiting for NISA to announce the sequel already. Also glad that I was on a complete media blackout for the whole franchise since the PSP english patch, since I went into this totally blind.

brb gonna play School Mode forever

Moonlight

Banned
Speaking of great music, easily my favourite track in the game so far is the Closing Statement music. So good.

(also avoid the comments, I don't know what's there but it's a fair bet there'll be more than a couple spoilers)

Have you ever played Phoenix Wright? It's closer to that than other stuff, but even then it's pretty distinct.

It's most definitely NOT a typical high school story, unless you think stuff like Battle Royale is typical.

PK Gaming

Nowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynoway, what is going ON?

PS:BTW, Feep

You really come into your own during that 2nd trial. Really enjoyed the voice acting on Byakuya

CrazyDude

Game beaten.

I can definitely say I saw the
world being ruined thing plotpoint coming since that's like... a staple of these type of games by now
. Very good tho, 10/10 would play, anxiously waiting for NISA to announce the sequel already. Also glad that I was on a complete media blackout for the whole franchise since the PSP english patch, since I went into this totally blind.

brb gonna play School Mode forever

So what's your time?

Midway through Chapter 1, the dub seems pretty solid to me so far.

also I'm more excited than I probably should be to be playing this game again. The music in particular, I can't help but sit and listen for a bit when Monokuma shows up.

edit: i've also accepted dancing chihiro as the go-to response for any reactions

Raven77

Have you ever played Phoenix Wright? It's closer to that than other stuff, but even then it's pretty distinct.

It's most definitely NOT a typical high school story, unless you think stuff like Battle Royale is typical.

I've always wanted to try the Phoenix Wright games. I would love to give this a try but $40 is a lot to try something out that I may not like. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop.

Oh just great! Pretty sure I just got spoilt on who the master mind is. The link comes up as a picture on the iPad....

It's not the first time this thread has hinted that this character is suspicious. I swear if I've been spoilt I'll be pissed.

It's one of many fan-made dance videos. Pretty much every single character has one.

ahdurian

wow, talk about service.
I e-mailed NISA around 10 minutes because I didn't even get the e-mail about the payments for my LE order, let along one saying it was shipped.

10 minutes later, get an e-mail saying that my order has now been fulfilled and is now being shipped.

gg

at least it says it should be here by Friday.
More time to play Bravely Default and Lightning Returns

...that links to a dancing video

I really don't think that link spoiled you.

It's one of many fan-made dance videos. Pretty much every single character has one.

I love that video. Thank youuuuu for showing it.

Also it spoils nothing. At all.

The fact that it’s always
Chihiro
dancing that gets posted when someone is shocked instantly makes me suspicious of her. I mean it's not really hard to connect the dots in this thread....

Some of you have also been subtly dropping hints that are unnecessary like this. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but I’m going into the game now fully suspecting
Chihiro
to be untrustworthy.

pariah164

The fact that it’s always
Chihiro
dancing that gets posted when someone is shocked instantly makes me suspicious of her. I mean it's not really hard to connect the dots in this thread....

Some of you have also been subtly dropping hints that are unnecessary like this. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but I’m going into the game now fully suspecting
Chihiro
to be untrustworthy.
Just go into the game with an open mind.

Well, telling you if yes or no would be a spoiler so think whatever, but I'm pretty sure the reason that keeps getting posted is just because

PK Gaming

:pat: ;_;

(this happened because you betrayed the month of Rise)

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)
Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!

I will never, ever, ever, EVER, forgive that rotten piece of scum Mondo, EVER. What he did to poor Chihiro... I hope he burns for it.

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)
Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!

I will never, ever, ever, EVER, forgive that rotten piece of scum Mondo, EVER. What he did to poor Chihiro... I hope he burns for it.

I don't really know how much worse it could get for him than the fate he got

Moonlight

Banned
(Chapter 2 Spoilers)

I hope you're satisfied with his punishment, then.

Because... woah.

Trigger

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)

Well he was turned into butter. So close enough?

pariah164

(Chapter 2 Spoilers)

He was turned into butter. Then eaten. I can't think of a worse fate, tbh.

I have this fucking game sitting right next to me, but my Vita doesn't get here until Friday. :(
I've been there; P4G sat next to me for a month before I got my Vita.

Top Bottom