• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Nanami_%2820%29.png

nanami, well nanami's not average. none of the sdr2 characters are.

don't let her va put you off her character

Well there is one who does seem really average. She's also voiced by Yuu Kobayashi... Which is a funny contrast if you know her other roles and her personality

11Ft79Z.png

Labrys

well, koizumi's kinda average in design but all the characters' backstories aren't average or boring at all. the freetime events are handled a lot better in 2

well, koizumi's kinda average in design but all the characters' backstories aren't average or boring at all. the freetime events are handled a lot better in 2

Yeah I'd definitly agree on that one, especially if you count out the newer Vita re-releases. "Island Mode" I felt helped sort of alleviate some of the "social link" problems prevalent in the original version of the first game. AKA people fucking died and now you don't get to hear their story, and if you wanted to do their SLinks you would seriously have to replay entire chapters to get to the Free Time Event sections. God that was annoying.

For those who don't know, "Island Mode" was originally introduced in SDR2 as sort of like a mini-dating sim spin-off you get for completing the game. You basically get to "date" the girls, or become bros with the male characters. It's fucking great. The "School Mode" present in DR1 is pretty much this, but I haven't tried it yet because my LE is currently somewhere in the middle of a kaiju battle somewhere in Tennessee.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah I'd definitly agree on that one, especially if you count out the newer Vita re-releases. "Island Mode" I felt helped sort of alleviate some of the "social link" problems prevalent in the original version of the first game. AKA people fucking died and now you don't get to hear their story, and if you wanted to do their SLinks you would seriously have to replay entire chapters to get to the Free Time Event sections. God that was annoying.
Yeah, can't wait to unlock that. It's annoying when I try to focus on a character to learn more about them then the game is all "LULZ NOPE". I swear, I bet it'll happen a third time during Chapter 3. Though thankfully, I heard they transfer over (do I still unlock skills/gain more SP in the School Mode?) so that'll help.

Edit: Anyone liveblogging the NIS event? Or live-tweeting it?

Well, the tracking for my NISA copy hasn't been updated since February 11th. I'm about to give in to despair.

Expected Delivery Date: February 12th

Join the club. :E

I dont even think my game is gonna be here by next week.

DONT MAKE ME BUY DIGITAL DAMMIT!

I already cracked and doubled dipped. feelssogood

Edit: Anyone liveblogging the NIS event? Or live-tweeting it?

Like last year, they'll be live-tweeting it.

Tried logging onto NISA's website to check the status of my order and they're telling me I never even used my email on the site, despite the fact that it's the same address I got confirmation from last week. My package hasn't even shipped yet and this entire thing is bullshit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, thanks. I find it funny I made the thread with the announcement that the game was getting localized from the last event, thinking "Guess people might like the news", then seeing the thread explode with excitement, getting me interested in the game & now playing it. Actually kind of glad I made that thread despite no previous knowledge of the franchise, since it probably was the reason I got into the game to the point of getting the LE.

Danganronpa 3 to be a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei crossover.

Houk

NISA
Tried logging onto NISA's website to check the status of my order and they're telling me I never even used my email on the site, despite the fact that it's the same address I got confirmation from last week. My package hasn't even shipped yet and this entire thing is bullshit.

I'm not 100% sure how our Online Store works in conjunction with our main website in terms of account info, but your best bet is to email store support directly, or if you already have, PM me with your order details and I'll see if I can get them to take a look at what's going on for you.

Holmes

No, it's NISA. Just some people shorten that to NIS (and usually end up referring to our parent company as N1 or NIS-J).

Of course, that doesn't mean your despair is at an end anyway...
Heeyyy, you know you can tell us. We'll keep it a secret until the press event. We're your bros, bro.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I feel like the English localization in this game is great so far. They did a fantastic job with it.

Having lots of fun with it. This is my first time playing the Vita version since I'd imported the PSP version before, and I'm glad I held out on importing the Vita version, heh.

Just got it. What language is everyone playing on? English or Japanese? I enjoyed Virtues Last Reward in Japanese so I'm thinking I should do the same on this unless the English dub is good. Any opinions ?

PKrockin

I'm at the beginning of chapter 1 now. The English dub seems fine. Doesn't seem like there's a ton of voice, anyway. At least not yet.

I'm already incredibly suspicious of the pop idol girl. lol

PK Gaming

Just got it. What language is everyone playing on? English or Japanese? I enjoyed Virtues Last Reward in Japanese so I'm thinking I should do the same on this unless the English dub is good. Any opinions ?

The Japanese dub has a cast comprised of people who were basically born to play the role. (They're damn good) The english version on the other hand is solid, though not as good. They have the advantage of being in a language you understand, which means you'll understand some of the short phrases that some of the characters say that aren't subtitled. (EX: Mondo's "you fucking with me?" Celeste's "do you understand", Junko's "this bad" etc) You're also most likely to enjoy some of the way certain lines are read because you can understand them. For instance, there's a big difference between reading a character say something funny, and hearing that same character say something funny. (There's this character in the case 2's trial that has these hilarious lines, and the VA just knocks it out of the park)

That's amazing, there could be like a 7-8 month gap in releases. That doesn't usually happen for game sequels. Fuckin sweet.

I really hope this becomes a series and successful in the west.

It looks like the producer of Danganronpa is talking right now. It seems NIS and Spike-Chunsoft are present at the event as well. That's super cool.

Now buy Danganronpa to help fund Zero Escape 3 damn it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It looks like the producer of Danganronpa is talking right now. It seems NIS and Spike-Chunsoft are present at the event as well. That's super cool.

Now buy Danganronpa to help fund Zero Escape 3 damn it
To quote a Twitter feed, he was "thanking NIS for releasing his title" & said that "It was wonderful seeing his game on GameStop shelves" along with the fact he "loves the ratings on metacritic (currently ~85%)".

Dugna

To quote a Twitter feed, he was "thanking NIS for releasing his title" & said that "It was wonderful seeing his game on GameStop shelves" along with the fact he "loves the ratings on metacritic (currently ~85%)".

All of it deserved the game even sold out on NISA store

Labrys

NISA I LOVE YOU I AM GOING TO SHOWER YOU IN THEORETICAL HUGS I AM SO EXCITED

understandable why they'd drop the "Super" off of it BUT I'M STILL SO EXCITED

Top Bottom