• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

bigkrev

That's amazing, there could be like a 7-8 month gap in releases. That doesn't usually happen for game sequels. Fuckin sweet.

I really hope this becomes a series and successful in the west.

My guess is the pre-orders were enough for them to greenlight the sequel long before the first game came out.

Noi

Record for shortest release > sequel localization announcement? They were probably working on it already but whatever, still counts.

The less time I have to not look up anything Danganronpa related cause of DR2 spoilers the better.

Record for shortest release > sequel localization announcement? They were probably working on it already but whatever, still counts.

The less time I have to not look up anything Danganronpa related cause of DR2 spoilers the better.
Tales of Xillia 2 was confirmed before the first one was even released.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I know its the OT and all, but can I get a somewhat objective "You should buy this game if" AND "You shouldnt buy this game if" list please?

Having a 6 hour trip on sunday and considering making this game my trip companion but I basically dont know anything other than it being a mix of several games (Phoenix, 999..).

DKF590

Just picked this up tonight after heading to 3 Gamestops trying to find a copy. This game was completely off my radar until checking out this thread yesterday. Glad I could find a copy.

Absolutely loved 999 and always meant to start up VLR. Can't wait to start this tomorrow.

I know its the OT and all, but can I get a somewhat objective "You should buy this game if" AND "You shouldnt buy this game if" list please?

Having a 6 hour trip on sunday and considering making this game my trip companion but I basically dont know anything other than it being a mix of several games (Phoneix, 999..).

You should buy this game if you like Phoenix Wright and/or 999 and/or over the top yet brutally dark murder mysteries with high school students killing each other.

You shouldn't but this if you hate life.

You should buy this game if you like Phoenix Wright and/or 999 and/or over the top yet brutally dark murder mysteries with high school students killing each other.

You shouldn't but this if you hate life.

I've never played WR or 999 but I have played Prof Layton and enjoy puzzles.... still a go?

FluxWaveZ

I've never played WR or 999 but I have played Prof Layton and enjoy puzzles.... still a go?

Uh, wouldn't really compare this game to Professor Layton very much at all. It really is a combination of Ace Attorney and Zero Escape.

There's intrigue in the form of murder mysteries, if that's puzzly enough for you, but that's about it.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
How long is the game? and does it have multiple endings?

789shadow

Banned
I'm going to assume the reason why my Vita is both supposed to arrive tomorrow and hasn't even shipped yet is because it's close by.

webkid94

Thank god for DR2 coming over (my avatar is full of HOPE :p.

Quick question: Is anyone having trouble getting Chihiro's free time events to start? I was on chapter 2, talked to Chihiro twice with presents and nothing happened.

pariah164

I've decided: once I play through this game to completion, I am playing 999 and VLR again. Yes... Yeeees... Bravely Default can wait.

bigkrev

Case 3 is in the books

That was the most predictable case yet. I'm worried that as the student number drops, the cases will become more obvious

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think I'll get a start on Chapter 3 before going to bed & oooohhh wooooowwwww.

This is gonna be the fanservice chapter, isn't it? I heard something about if you have Male's Fantasy (which I got), you get an additional scene during this chapter with the bath. Also DAMN, AOI.

Labrys

Think I'll get a start on Chapter 3 before going to bed & oooohhh wooooowwwww.

This is gonna be the fanservice chapter, isn't it? I heard something about if you have Male's Fantasy (which I got), you get an additional scene during this chapter with the bath. Also DAMN, AOI.

male's fantasy or w/e is probably my least favorite thing in dangan ronpa, i wish it was skippable if obtained because it was such a skeevy thing to do. all i was doing was shopping for celes gifts and i get that, gdi

ramyeon

This finally came out on the EU PSN so I downloaded it, just need to get myself away from Toukiden long enough to start it :(

I notice there are two difficulties? What's the difference between them and ideally what should I play on?

pariah164

This finally came out on the EU PSN so I downloaded it, just need to get myself away from Toukiden long enough to start it :(

I notice there are two difficulties? What's the difference between them and ideally what should I play on?
Three: Gentle, Kind, and Mean. Play on Mean. Just. Do it.

Flandy

Is it me or is Teddies VA from P4 voicing Monokuma?

Glad to see that DR2 is already being localized. Even better is that it's coming this year :D They didn't record the announcement did they? I'd love to see it if there's a video.

Currently playing through Chapter 2.
Ch 2 Spoilers:
WHY DID THEY KILL CHIHIRO >:l Makes me a sad panda :( Just started the investigation phase. I haven't found any evidence at all yet but I'm going to take a guess and assume Sakura was the killer. Hope I'm wrong D: Also, Byakuya is a dick

pariah164

Is it me or is Teddies VA from P4 voicing Monokuma?

Glad to see that DR2 is already being localized. Even better is that it's coming this year :D They didn't record the announcement did they? I'd love to see it if there's a video.

Currently playing through Chapter 2.
Ch 2 Spoilers:
WHY DID THEY KILL CHIHIRO >:l Makes me a sad panda :( Just started the investigation phase. I haven't found any evidence at all yet but I'm going to take a guess and assume Sakura was the killer. Hope I'm wrong D: Also, Byakuya is a dick
Byakuya IS a dick. :< Seriously, the subtitle to this should be Gut-punch: The Game.

I just beat Chapter 1. Them feels. Going to see how far I can get in Chapter 2 tonight before I need to sleep.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow but I'm off Saturday and I hope to have it beaten by Sunday.

So pumped for the announcement of DR2 after everyone said they thought it improved on everything in 1.

BgaMQjLCAAEDAHU.jpg

BgaMWGfCQAAubZg.jpg

BgaMblQCAAAVNHP.jpg

It's not like the game is totally pandering to me. Not one bit.

Chapter 1 AND 2 Spoilers (Edit: Oh god its an essay, my bad)

Byakuya IS a dick. :< Seriously, the subtitle to this should be Gut-punch: The Game.

HEY! I said that! :p

So I just finished 2...man.

I did what I normally do and gave myself a cliffs notes version of the story points. I do this sometimes with movies and games for a few reasons: For games like these, it keeps the lows from going too low, and I can analyze it better and appreciate the smaller moments more.

Chapter 1: Sayaka dying was pretty telegraphed, but it still fucking huuuurt. The turnabout with her being the instigator freaking came damn close to breaking me, though in replaying it, the links were there, I just missed em.

Leon got fuuuuucked over. Breaking down the bathroom aside, he isn't the one who crossed the Moral Event Horizon first, Sayaka was. And this is before he knew the trial stuff, or that if he got away with it, everyone else would die. Rough stuff.

And it was real obvious you just rotate, but I figure first case syndrome there.

And then shit got realer with Chapter 2. I got kind of lost a bit with the room switch stuff logic wise, but still, so much shit happening.

The Jack reveal was so early that that wasn't got to be the end of it. DAT TONGUE THO

Byakuya continues his streak of suck. Sherlock Holmes you ain't.
Felt for Mondo too, though less so compared to Leon. And the gender reveal was ridiculous, of course.

I think I've turned the corner on this game. Let's do this!

Leon got fuuuuucked over. Breaking down the bathroom aside, he isn't the one who crossed the Moral Event Horizon first, Sayaka was. And this is before he knew the trial stuff, or that if he got away with it, everyone else would die. Rough stuff.

Read the first few chapters of the manga if you want to feel even worse about it.

Chapter 1 and 2 Spoilers

Delicious essay.

Yeah, 2 was... That execution...

2s resolution was weird. Byakuya fucking up everything didn't help at all, and him being arrogant enough to think he could've swung it back around just based on an eyewitness account is foolish. He's...not very good at this so far.

The execution was more amusing what with the butter gag, but still rough because of the reaction. I figured all the final bits would be against the culprit: nice to see I was wrong.

Also before I forget, freaking kudos to both VAs. Mondo accepted his fate, and though he did pushback after being initially found out, it was mostly his bro fighting it out, vs Leon who was in complete denial. Leon's VA in particular was superb. It was rough times hearing him at the end there.

Read the first few chapters of the manga if you want to feel even worse about it.

OH GOD NONONONONONO
I totally can't handle that. Passpass
Happy thoughts, happy thoughts..
Donuts.

pariah164

The main character of the upcoming spin-off is a girl.

DON'T LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT ANOTHER EPISODE UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED DR1. (AND PROBABLY DR2 TOO, I DON'T KNOW.)
Aye aye. I will stay away from it until I play DR2 in the fall. I hope that release gets pushed up just a weee bit.

Eusis

Damn, if spoilers are all over the place online maybe I SHOULD be getting this sooner than later. I do have a nice pile of credit from trading in Killzone too...

joe2187

Banned
Im not gonna cave....Im gonna wait patiently and silently in the corner sobbing internally till my LE arrives from whatever hell dimension it's currently trapped in.

Top Bottom