• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

FluxWaveZ

Im not gonna cave....Im gonna wait patiently and silently in the corner sobbing internally till my LE arrives from whatever hell dimension it's currently trapped in.

This dichotomy of hope and despair you're going through is fitting. It'll prepare yourself more for experiencing the game!

Feep

Banned
Everyone seems to think the JP track is excellent and the English track gets better as the game goes on.
Houk was definitely spot on with this. It's very tough to get into a role immediately, but as time goes on and you get a feel for who the character is and how they react to various situations, it becomes much easier.

It's a shame the realities of voiceover don't allow us to kind of go back and revisit the first hour or two at the end of the process, but it is what it is. I know a particular weakness of mine is that it does take me awhile to get into it, but I'm working on it. = D

Trigger

It's not but I can see why you would think that.

Apparently there's just some collective cultural unconscious understanding about how to inflect a crazy animated bear.

Hahaha, I guess so. I hear Teddie whenever Monokuma opens his mouth.

Squire

Banned
Houk was definitely spot on with this. It's very tough to get into a role immediately, but as time goes on and you get a feel for who the character is and how they react to various situations, it becomes much easier.

It's a shame the realities of voiceover don't allow us to kind of go back and revisit the first hour or two at the end of the process, but it is what it is. I know a particular weakness of mine is that it does take me awhile to get into it, but I'm working on it. = D

Yeah, definitely. I think that's kind of okay though if the experience is new to you because you're getting to learn the character yourself as the actor settles into the role more and more.

Everyone seems to be have been casted well though, ultimately. Interested to see who other than Hebert has a role in the sequel.

Interested to see who other than Hebert has a role in the sequel.

Yeah

I can imagine whoever voices Naegi could be Komaeda too since they did that with the Japanese voices and it just makes sense, and
Feep obviously keeps his now-overweight-role.
(no actual SDR2 spoilers there)

The one I'm most interested in is Gundam. Jesus fucking christ are those some huge shoes to fill.

Squire

Banned
Yeah

I can imagine whoever voices Naegi could be Komaeda too since they did that with the Japanese voices and it just makes sense, and
Feep obviously keeps his now-overweight-role.
(no actual SDR2 spoilers there)

The one I'm most interested in is Gundam. Jesus fucking christ are those some huge shoes to fill.

On the subject, who could play Chiaki and what's that characters deal, without spoilers? She's the Ultimate Gamer? Seems like the way people mention her she's also a ditz or quirky or something? An I right?

Flandy

Is it me or is Teddies VA from P4 voicing Monokuma?

Glad to see that DR2 is already being localized. Even better is that it's coming this year :D They didn't record the announcement did they? I'd love to see it if there's a video.

Currently playing through Chapter 2.
Ch 2 Spoilers:
WHY DID THEY KILL CHIHIRO >:l Makes me a sad panda :( Just started the investigation phase. I haven't found any evidence at all yet but I'm going to take a guess and assume Sakura was the killer. Hope I'm wrong D: Also, Byakuya is a dick

Just finished Chapter 2.
Ch 2 Spoilers Continued:
Holy fuck wat. Chihiro was a boy? D: Guess he's no longer waifu material lol. Case took a weird turn when Mondo brought up what blue track suit. Actually it took a weird turn long before that when Genocide Gill appeared.

Byakuya is an idiot. He adjusted the crime scene just so the trial would be more interesting. It's even better because he thinks he would have been able to get out of it if it went too far. Everyone would have thought he was lying. What a twat >__>

Sad that Mondo and Chihiro had to go. Mondo was cool and he was supposed to take me riding with his gang when we got out :( I was hoping he would at least say "Get bent!" at some point.

Ending was interesting. So there's a 16th student and it seems that one of the students still around seems to be in cahoots with Monokuma. Verrrrrrrrrrrrry Interesting. Can't wait to find out more

Kyoko is best waifu

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So is it live on EU psn or what? :D I'm ready!!!!!!!!

edit: it was. bought. will download later and start tonight. hyyyyyyyype

Steel

Banned
Chapter 1 AND 2 Spoilers (Edit: Oh god its an essay, my bad)

Chapter 1: Sayaka dying was pretty telegraphed, but it still fucking huuuurt. The turnabout with her being the instigator freaking came damn close to breaking me, though in replaying it, the links were there, I just missed em.

I think I've turned the corner on this game. Let's do this!

Actually (CH 1 Spoilers):
I didn't actually catch the fact that Sayaka was going to die. Her betrayal was what I expected, she seemed to be the manipulative type from the start. When she died I was confused, at first I thought I had completely guessed wrong, but it turns out I wasn't wrong. I kinda liked how the game made it so if you catch something plotwise there's still probably something you'll be surprised by.

ParityBit

All this talk has me buying the game. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home from work and watching the Olympics.

Are headphones a must or is the speaker from the system Okay?

kewlmyc

All this talk has me buying the game. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home from work and watching the Olympics.

Are headphones a must or is the speaker from the system Okay?

If you use the speakers, you might want to turn the music volume down at least. Other than that, it's okay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, default for music volume seems a bit loud. Is it only changed at the title screen or is it possible to adjust in-game?
Only the title screen. I learned that after adjusting the music up a little bit & then not being able to hear the voices at times over the BGM.

Speaking of the music, kind of silly to ask, but seeing as I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'm not gonna be spoiled by just listening to the OST in the LE, am I? I just know I'm not gonna give too much thought about some of the later name of the songs because I made the connection
of the first two "executions" and the fact they're referenced in those song titles.
Spoiled that so that someone who hasn't completed the game doesn't click that & have the same thought that I had.

Welp, I cracked and bought the game, spoiled spoilers be damned. I still can't bring myself to buy a Vita (yet), but I CAN bring myself to borrow a friend's for a few days and marathon this until my brain melts.

All I know is the identity of the mastermind, hoping that doesn't ruin too much.

Speaking of the music, kind of silly to ask, but seeing as I'd rather be safe than sorry, I'm not gonna be spoiled by just listening to the OST in the LE, am I? I just know I'm not gonna give too much thought about some of the later name of the songs because I made the connection
of the first two "executions" and the fact they're referenced in those song titles.
Spoiled that so that someone who hasn't completed the game doesn't click that & have the same thought that I had.

The tracks themselves aren't huge spoilers, but the sound effects from the executions are kept intact, so they may tip you off to the nature of the execution.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The tracks themselves aren't huge spoilers, but the sound effects from the executions are kept intact, so they may tip you off to the nature of the execution.
Hmmmm, think I'll wait then until I finish the game to hear all of the OST, then. Shame "Mr. Monokuma's Extracurricular Lesson" isn't on there. At least the Argument music's there.

Trigger

Welp, I cracked and bought the game, spoiled spoilers be damned. I still can't bring myself to buy a Vita (yet), but I CAN bring myself to borrow a friend's for a few days and marathon this until my brain melts.

All I know is the identity of the mastermind, hoping that doesn't ruin too much.

The trails should still be fun if those haven't been spoiled for you.

Finished Chapter 1 yesterday. That was intense!
Though I'm a little disappointed that I didn't got that "Clear a trial without losing health" trophy since
I got all "logic" parts right without any mistakes, but lost a bit of health in the beginning of that rhythm segment, because I was not actually sure when I'm supposed to start pressing buttons.

Well, this arrived ahead of Bravely Default, so I guess I'm gonna be trying this first.

Also anything under Mean makes the trials kinda bleh for second playthroughs

I'm dumb, could someone expand on this for me? I'm inclined to start on normal since I don't really play these games much.

Caladrius

Well, this arrived ahead of Bravely Default, so I guess I'm gonna be trying this first.

I'm dumb, could someone expand on this for me? I'm inclined to start on normal since I don't really play these games much.

If you play the easier difficulties for new game plus, the trials are way too easy. Mean itself isn't particularly hard, but there's more going on. (I did it with Mean logic and Kind action difficulty the first time through so I may not be entirely reliable)

chapter 1 spoiler
Damn,
the 2 character I spent all my free time with got killed right from the get go. how shitty is that. and Junko promise to hook me up with her friends after the whole situation is over too...

If you play the easier difficulties for new game plus, the trials are way too easy. Mean itself isn't particularly hard, but there's more going on. (I did it with Mean logic and Kind action difficulty the first time through so I may not be entirely reliable)

Ah, I didn't realize there were separate difficulties for the different parts of the game. I'll look into it all later, thanks.

hayguyz

Banned
How anime is this game? I had a hard time getting into Persona 4 because of anime. Or is it more like Phoenix Wright?

Talking about drawing styles here

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone who has the LE, would you mind telling me what the barcode on the back says? Is it NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL SALE? or does it have a UPC just like the retail version?

How anime is this game? I had a hard time getting into Persona 4 because of anime. Or is it more like Phoenix Wright?

Talking about drawing styles here
Not sure what you mean by anime.
Its very "anime" as in the characters are stereotypes of anime ( as much as they does not seems to be so at first).

The MC is even the usual case of anime useless MC that
does not seems to do anything much
but still became one of the central characters lol

Most of Phoenix Wright and (the latter part of )Persona 4 is much serious in tone than this game IMO.

you think phoenix wright is less anime than persona ?

I am guessing he mean the tone/mood of the game

Anime is just a way to describe Japanese animation and consist of so much genres lol

The cast is basically extreme parody versions of anime stereotypes. It's more on the veins of PW yes.
Its plays more like PW than P4 for sure lol

hayguyz

Banned
It's also in the way that this thread is going. All the talk of waifus and husbandos. It makes me think of the people with bookshelves stuffed with anime and manga that sleep with their body pillows. It's hard to put into words, but it's that type of stuff that I don't want to play.

Mzo

I just found out the LE existed...

Had this pre-ordered from Amazon since the first day it was up =[

This is bumming me out. I have all the Vita LEs released in the US so far (and the PSP ones, too), plus I really, really like the game.

If anyone is willing to part with theirs (or just the extras and packaging) for whatever reason, shoot me a PM.

Halp pls.

That aside, I started up the English track and it seems very well done so far. Played through the fan translation last year and this is so far very, very close to that.

It's also in the way that this thread is going. All the talk of waifus and husbandos. It makes me think of the people with bookshelves stuffed with anime and manga that sleep with their body pillows. It's hard to put into words, but it's that type of stuff that I don't want to play.
Ehh, we're mostly just joking around. It's not that type of game.

This is a game about teenagers killing each other. There's not much time for waifus and husbandos in-game.

And way to generalize :/

I'm not huge into anime at all. Only watched a few throughout my life and they're only ones that really interested me. Did you like Phoenix Wright? Can you deal with anime style art? The characterization to me seems a deliberate parody of anime tropes.

I think many people are just joking around in here about the waifu stuff.

I don't know, I'm enjoying the game a lot.

pariah164

Most of those things are said to be tongue-in-cheek/humorous. Also, thanks for generalizing. Way to be a jerk.

Levito

Banned

So did you come into the thread to purposely try to derail it, or are you just that insecure to begin with?

People are fucking around when it comes to the waifu stuff--chill, broseph.

Do you like PW? This game is like a dark comedy cartoon version of PW (but strangely is actually not as dark as the serious part of PW imo) that have some action like segments which replace the courtroom sessions. The game is also easy and more predicable than PW imo.

Have to add the IMO in case people get too defensive :p
The Console wars seems to affect every thread now , any opinion can be flamed easily lol

Top Bottom