• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Houk

NISA
I have an extra special punishment for Houk, the Ultimate Localization Expert!

Crushed under the weight of a million angry Youtube comments?

Edit: I actually kind of like this idea. Imagine printing out each comment on a separate sheet of paper, then placing each sheet on my chest one at a time, until the weight of them all literally crushes me.

Dunno if Monokuma would have the patience for it, though.

pariah164

Edit: I actually kind of like this idea. Imagine printing out each comment on a separate sheet of paper, then placing each sheet on my chest one at a time, until the weight of them all literally crushes me.

High speed printer. Just when the weight gets too much, Monokuma gets bored, adds lighter fluid, sets it ablaze. So you're burned alive AND your ribs and lungs are slowly crushed at the same time.

IDK.

Houk gets strapped into a chair. Computers with printers pop up and surround him in a circle. Danganronpa Youtube/NicoNico videos get played and comments start filling the screen. As each comment fills the screen, it gets printed out landing on Houk. More and more videos get played as pages keep piling.

The mere friction of all the paper causes them to combusted, causing a large explosion leaving everything in a mess, with a single piece of paper falling onto the screen, filled with (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ .

pariah164

Houk gets strapped into a chair. Computers with printers pop up and surround him in a circle. Danganronpa Youtube/NicoNico videos get played and comments start filling the screen. As each comment fills the screen, it gets printed out landing on Houk. More and more videos get played as pages keep piling.

The mere friction of all the paper causes them to combusted, causing a large explosion leaving everything in a mess, with a single piece of paper falling onto the screen, filled with (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ .
ibkJdFdMXWOOxI.gif

You could add in that there are a huge set of speakers set up next to him while the videos play, reading the comments of all the users at the same time in a jumbled mess at a ridiculously high volume that eventually turns his brain to mush.

Phii

Banned
Finished Chapter 5, spoilers:

I think the "victim" actually was Junko (which Monokuma killed during the first chapter). Her boots and fake nails must be from her, atleast. Also because the Monokuma File #5 says the victim's body was covered in several days old wounds. I don't think the person that was in Makoto's room is Junko (since she is dead).

The dead body announcement seemed out of place as well...

... However, I find it really wierd that noone discussed why the victim's right (maybe it's the left hand if you're lying upside-down) hand's ring finger and pinky are broken before the exploision (maybe there's something related after the explosion where the palm is facing the ground) ..

Im going in....

... Chapter 6, You're my next target!

pariah164

Finished Chapter 5, spoilers:

I think the "victim" actually was Junko (which Monokuma killed during the first chapter). Her boots and fake nails must be from her, atleast. Also because the Monokuma File #5 says the victim's body was covered in several days old wounds. I don't think the person that was in Makoto's room is Junko (since she is dead).

The dead body announcement seemed out of place as well...

... However, I find it really wierd that noone discussed why the victim's right (maybe it's the left hand if you're lying upside-down) hand's ring finger and pinky are broken before the exploision (maybe there's something related after the explosion where the palm is facing the ground) ..

Im going in....

... Chapter 6, You're my next target!
popcorn.gif

Houk

NISA
You could add in that there are a huge set of speakers set up next to him while the videos play, reading the comments of all the users at the same time in a jumbled mess at a ridiculously high volume that eventually turns his brain to mush.

Oh... Oh god...

A fate worse than death.

Past

Some questions regarding School Mode:
- Do I really have to play through the mode 14 times to get everyone's ending?
- Can you still get an ending if you miss some of the Monokuma tasks?
- Is there a guide for School Mode for using the trip tickets? I have trouble getting the right option/best location for each characters.

I asked about this a few days ago but I wasn't quite clear enough. I think I'm pretty late in the game and I don't know if I'll even have another opportunity, but if I do, should I try my best to get all presents in the first playthrough? If I'm only missing a few, would it be easy to clean up the remaining ones in a new playthrough or the other mode or whatever or would you need to collect them all again?

Volcynika

- Is there a guide for School Mode for using the trip tickets? I have trouble getting the right option/best location for each characters.

1. No. You can max out multiple characters per playthrough and get each ending one after the other during the final sequence
2. No.
3. Gamefaqs has a thread with best way to boost most characters, but not all.

You're gonna like or I'll eat my shirt.

I almost misread this in the worst way.

Trigger

- You'll have to do several runs. You won't be able to get enough school tickets for everyone until you can reliably finish the prototypes, and then you'll have to use at least 10 or so tickets to raise each person's affection high enough. I think that will take more than 14 runs honestly. Oh, but you can get more than one character ending per run if you have the requirements done with them.

- No

- In the spoiler thread Noi posted some answers and locations for some characters in the spoiler thread, but it's mostly trial and error.

I asked about this a few days ago but I wasn't quite clear enough. I think I'm pretty late in the game and I don't know if I'll even have another opportunity, but if I do, should I try my best to get all presents in the first playthrough? If I'm only missing a few, would it be easy to clean up the remaining ones in a new playthrough or the other mode or whatever or would you need to collect them all again?

You can buy gifts from the menu after beating the game. If you're only missing a few presents, why not just beat the game and then use the coins you'll earn in the final trial to buy them?

Past

- You'll have to do several runs. You won't be able to get enough school tickets for everyone until you can reliably finish the prototypes, and then you'll have to use at least 10 or so tickets to raise each person's affection high enough. I think that will take more than 14 runs honestly. Oh, but you can get more than one character ending per run if you have the requirements done with them.

- No

- In the spoiler thread Noi posted some answers and locations for some characters in the spoiler thread, but it's mostly trial and error.

Alright, thank you. Looks like this is going to be a long grind then.

Been busy with other IRL stuff so I'm a bit farther behind than you guys, but the
chapter 1 death of that one childhood friend
was so expected, considering how the game basically guided you to levelling them up early on. Guessing
the one book writer girl did it based on a scene I saw the day before, but I just started investigating

Also, Monokuma's voice is awesome. lol'd so hard when
the one girl got stabbed with the spears
due to its dialogue.

Ahhhhhh, finally I got my LE.

The despair waiting for it was just about the despair playing through the game so far. ._.

Oh a side note, does anyone have the image NISA used for the LE cover art? I rather like and wouldn't mind using it as a wallpaper.

pariah164

I want to look up Celeste art for a new GAF avatar, but I'm deathly afraid of spoilers for DR2. I'd love to have one of her making her 'thinking' face, when she's playing with her hair. Can anyone hook me up?

Voror

I'm guessing there's a Bad Ending somewhere here aside from the one if you fail a trial, but is it worth getting if I happen to get past it alright? I'm in the Chapter 4 trial by the way.

UberTag

Now I find myself comparing the in-game executions to how people die in Corpse Party...
Just finished off Chapter 3 myself... and, at least so far, nothing in this game even compares to the brutality of Corpse Party. Granted, there are very clear reasons for this.

A lot of these executions are, by design, over-the-top and ridiculous. There's very little voice acting in the actual execution movies. So we don't hear people begging for their lives as they're getting dismembered and have their life snuffed out of them. Ditto for the actual murders as they all occur off-screen
apart from Junko's punishment for breaking the rules in Chapter 1

I'm not even sure a game like Corpse Party could be dubbed even if XSEED could justify the budget for it. I mean, it could be... but I haven't really heard torturous death scenes like that voice acted in a game before and I'd have to look at some niche anime dubs like Shiki to really have a frame of reference for what would be involved.

Anyhow, back to Chapter 3,
this was a step up from Chapters 1 & 2 in terms of keeping me guessing - at least at the beginning. The best part of the chapter was when everyone was running back and forth between the infirmary & the physics prep lab. Bodies kept piling up and then vanishing. Kyoko was missing. Byakuya actually seemed mystified as to what was going on for a change. Toko was passed out. Hina was on the verge of a breakdown. A giant robot was attacking people with mallets. Actual panic was setting in for a change. It was refreshing.

Granted, that all got derailed plenty quick as Celeste decided to act obviously guilty and inflexible, Kyoko returned and Byakuya went back into all-knowing shit talker mode - but I could at least appreciate Celeste's efforts to fabricate alibis by pushing Hifumi's buttons and the fact that she was a compelling adversary for most of the trial compared with Mondo's tragic fate and Leon's ineptitude. It would have been nice had they not telegraphed her real buried persona several times earlier in the game so it would have had more of an impact when it surfaced.

There were also a couple red herrings in this chapter that weren't even touched upon. I'm positive somebody mentioned Alter Ego by name during the trial (probably when referencing Taka's watch) even though they were careful to tap dance around the subject in front of Monokuma later on. The other giveaway which didn't even come up in the trial was that the name Hifumi gave to his robot attacker (Robo Justice) that he said he came up with "on the spot" was identical to the name on the blueprint design planted in Hiro's room. How does THAT not get called out?

As great as the premise behind this game is and the presentation, this cast is terribly non-balanced in terms of competency. It really needs some tension and anxiety and that simply isn't possible with Kyoko and Byakuya always several steps ahead of everyone else to course correct Makoto while everyone else flails about like an incompetent to either wind up as the next murder victim or unwilling murderer or to serve the "panic plot device" role to emphasize how awful and tragic everything is (Aoi and Hiro).

PKrockin

Alright, after the first three cases being a total cakewalk, 4 and 5 are escalating the difficulty. Looks like things are getting... interesting. smugbyakuya.jpg

Speaking of Byakuya, finally knocking him down a peg in case 4 was pretty satisfying. And actually he's annoying, but he was one of the people I trusted most--I figured he wouldn't kill anyone until Kyoko and possibly also Makoto were out of the way.

Top Bottom