• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Holmes

My LE is still stuck in TX according to tracking. It hasn't updated since February 11th.

I'm going to assume it's lost.
Mine was in Texas since the 13th, but yesterday it ended up in Chicago. Where are you from? I'm in Canada.

If you're worried, feel free to contact NISA. They're support team is pretty good.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Mine was in Texas since the 13th, but yesterday it ended up in Chicago. Where are you from? I'm in Canada.

If you're worried, feel free to contact NISA. They're support team is pretty good.

Did your tracking actually update? In I'm Maryland. I contacted NISA and they told me to wait until today and contact them again about it if it's still stuck.

Holmes

Did your tracking actually update? In I'm Maryland. I contacted NISA and they told me to wait until today and contact them again about it if it's still stuck.
My tracking number shows that it ended up in Chicago on the 18th. Maybe NISA can send you another one if it really is lost. I hope it works out for you.

Musolf815

When OT2 ever pops up, might I recommend calling it "The Dark/Light Bear Rises"? I'm sure someone here will come up with something better though...

Flandy

Holy crap. I just now barely got the title
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Taking this slower than most of you, I think, just got to the beginning of Chapter 4.
That hamburger abduction story.
Oh Yasuhiro, you're such a lovable doofus.

White Man

I can't figure out the nonstop trial stuff. I keep firing the truth bullet at the right statement, but nothing happens and the segment repeats. It's to the point where I went to an faq to make sure I was hitting the right statement. How does this work?

FluxWaveZ

I can't figure out the nonstop trial stuff. I keep firing the truth bullet at the right statement, but nothing happens and the segment repeats. It's to the point where I went to an faq to make sure I was hitting the right statement. How does this work?

Make sure you're not hitting noise (the purple text) instead of the highlighted statement.

Also, make sure you're hitting the orange text specifically and nothing else. If it's the correct statement, the text will "Break!!" If it isn't, there'll be a clear indication that you got it wrong.

It can help to hold the right trigger while firing to slow time down in order to make sure you hit the statement in time before it passes to the next one.

Ken

I saw this at Gamestop today and thought about buying it but ended up leaving without it. Maybe I'll go back and grab it.

Starting what I can only assume is the final chapter. Still have a ton of theories, most of which are probably insane and wrong, but at the very least
this idea of "this is being broadcast and the world is watching" seems like it has to be bunk. Still kind of assuming there's been some sort of apocalypse outside.

Man, what do I play once I finish this up? Long time until the sequel. Anything else like this out there (and easy to get) other than 999/VLR?

UberTag

Man, what do I play once I finish this up? Long time until the sequel. Anything else like this out there (and easy to get) other than 999/VLR?
Based on your comment below, I'll recommend the first Corpse Party.

The game is certainly grim and violent, but based on what I had been hearing, not nearly as much as I expected. Which is a bit of a letdown to the apparent psycho in me. Still got a whole lot of game left, though...
It will deliver on the grim, psycho and violent if you felt Danganronpa was underwhelming in those areas.
(Playing it with headphones in a dark room is required.)

Starting what I can only assume is the final chapter. Still have a ton of theories, most of which are probably insane and wrong, but at the very least
this idea of "this is being broadcast and the world is watching" seems like it has to be bunk. Still kind of assuming there's been some sort of apocalypse outside.

It's not that long. We're lucky that NISA is fast tracking it.

Anyway, have you played the Ace Attorney series?

You want something to appease the psycho in you? Go play Saya no Uta. There's a few sex scenes, but they're only meant to further the horror.

One of the most fucked up works of fiction ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You want something to appease the psycho in you? Go play Saya no Uta. There's a few sex scenes, but they're only meant to further the horror.

One of the most fucked up works of fiction ever.
Brought to you by the guy who wrote such works as Madoka Magica & Fate/Zero! What do you got to lose
aside your sanity
?

Tizoc

How do i change the voice acting to Japanese after starting a new game? I loaded a saved game in the opes it'd ask me to switch to JP dub but no dice.

Labrys

How do i change the voice acting to Japanese after starting a new game? I loaded a saved game in the opes it'd ask me to switch to JP dub but no dice.

you have to start from the beginning of any chapter; it'll ask you what language setting you'd like and what difficulty

Tizoc

you have to start from the beginning of any chapter; it'll ask you what language setting you'd like and what difficulty

Well that's lame I started Chapter 1 now and I can only use chapter select upon FINISHING a chapter =/

Ah well, the Eng voices aren't that bad but they sadly didn't click with me =/

As great as the premise behind this game is and the presentation, this cast is terribly non-balanced in terms of competency. It really needs some tension and anxiety and that simply isn't possible with
Kyoko and Byakuya
always several steps ahead of everyone else to course correct Makoto while everyone else flails about like an incompetent to either wind up as the next murder victim or unwilling murderer or to serve the "panic plot device" role to emphasize how awful and tragic everything is
(Aoi and Hiro)
You basically summed up my problem with this game. I want to play as Sherlock, not some dimwitted Watson.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's great, isn't it?

Haha, sort of. I like it from a whodunnit perspective, although I find
Monokuma's executions basically just morbid and brutal for the sake of style.
I like that the game keeps an upbeat energy even despite all the death though, I find a lot of horror games draining because of how serious they get. But this game has an energy that keeps you going.

Jintor

So every time I hit a save checkpoint I get stuck in the save slot menu. The 'x' onscreen is supposed to get you out of it right? It doesn't seem to register that I'm hitting it, which is odd, because the touchscreen seems to work at the OS level.

Also twice now I've hit a button where it just starts fastforwarding all the text. It's not holding down circle, before you ask. Any clues?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you in the trial or during free time/investigation? I think holding X or the touchscreen also goes through the text fast.

Jintor

this is just in the prologue, duder. Couldn't figure out a way to turn it off, had to close the app and restart :T

I wasn't holding any buttons. Maybe the back touchscreen does something?

Jintor

Hmm, I reset the vita and everything cleared up. Weird!

Is there a list of english VAs anywhere? Monokuma sounds really familiar, but I know the protag is Bryce and that's about it

he's not teddie is he

Lusankya

You basically summed up my problem with this game. I want to play as Sherlock, not some dimwitted Watson.

You will love the second game. While there is a character that basically has the same role as Kyoko (more or less), Hinata is a much more competent protagonist than Naegi and also most of the other characters are less dumb.

Dugna

Hmm, I reset the vita and everything cleared up. Weird!

Is there a list of english VAs anywhere? Monokuma sounds really familiar, but I know the protag is Bryce and that's about it

he's not teddie is he

alot of the cast of Danganronpa is from Persona 4, so Monokuma is teddie I believe.

Top Bottom