• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

I haven't got that yet. Do you get it if you finish building all the monokumas?

I don't care about being spoiled on it though

I think Usagi gets built and she beats up Monokuma allowing everyone to leave.

Haven't gotten to there yet though!

You guys. All this stuff about who caused who's death.

If you think about it, Makoto seems to really love blaming the mastermind for everything. All the time.

I wonder why.

What really sucks is that all the people with actual hopes, dreams, and goals (Ishimaru, Mondo, Leon, Sayaka, hell even Celeste) all die while Hagakure, who has no ambitions in life, gets to live.

I really wasn't a big fan of who survives. It kinda just leaves a bad taste.

The worst thing about the ending is that Taka manages to survive though. The girl's killed like 1000 people, and you know with the world the way it is she'll probably do even more once she gets out.

As long as Byakuya exists I feel that the hot boys of the world will be safe from scissors though

honestly i think it'd be kinda boring if the surviving cast looked something like makoto, kyoko, aoi, taka, sakura and chihiro. it's more interesting, imo, to go with a group that isn't all purely good people and who have motivations beyond just wanting to restore hope to the world

dan2026

How do you figure? Makoto, Kyoko, and Aoi are definitely all 'good' in every sense of the word.

The worst thing about the ending is that Toko manages to survive though. The girl's killed like 1000 people, and you know with the world the way it is she'll probably do even more once she gets out.

Maybe I worded badly. What I meant was, not only 'good' guys survive.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
All the people who survive aren't exactly the good guys.

A schizophrenic serial killer and an egotistical asshole also survive.

Honestly i feel bad for Toko and Byakuya.

Toko is too sensible, she suffered and then she become too insecure, all those things combined created Genocide Jack, imo if/when she will overcome her insecurities becoming happy Genocide Jack will automatically disappear.

Byakuya is what he is because of his family, imo he's not really happy, imo he's a lone person because he is probably surrounded by concurrents or servants, he has no real friends, for this reason he tries to convince Makoto to be his secretary(even if he says it was only a test), to keep the one he considers a friend.

kewlmyc

I really wasn't a big fan of who survives. It kinda just leaves a bad taste.

Ishimaru could have become a shining leader in the despair filled world, Mondo could have helped rebuild the world as a carpenter.

Aoi says she's going to make a donut shop, and I don't even remember what Hiro was going to do. Sigh, what a waste.

Sendou

How do you figure? Makoto, Kyoko, and Aoi are definitely all 'good' in every sense of the word.

The way I see it: Makoto is the only really good (boringly so) character in the game. Kyoko was just ready to let Makoto die for her without really doing anything to try to stop this. Aoi on the other hand tried to murder every remaining person at that one point.

honestly i think it'd be kinda boring if the surviving cast looked something like makoto, kyoko, aoi, taka, sakura and chihiro. it's more interesting, imo, to go with a group that isn't all purely good people and who have motivations beyond just wanting to restore hope to the world

Yeah, but I would have liked everyone who survived.

And really most of the motivations of those who survived are pretty terrible.

Ishimaru could have become a shining leader in the despair filled world, Mondo could have helped rebuild the world as a carpenter.

Aoi says she's going to make a donut shop, and I don't even remember what Hiro was going to do. Sigh, what a waste.

Hiro's going to tell more fortunes to provide hope to those that hear them. I mean with that 20% accuracy, think of all that despair hope it'll give!

LiK

The way I see it: Makoto is the only really good (boringly so) character in the game. Kyoko was just ready to let Makoto die for her without really doing anything to try to stop this. Aoi on the other hand tried to murder every remaining person at that one point.

Yup, Makoto lived up to being the Ultimate Hope. Both Hina and Kyoko were willing to make sacrifices but Makoto didn't give up on anyone.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Chihiro could have done a lot for the world too if he could build such an advanced A.I.

terminator_004.jpg

I really don't remember, but what was Kirigiri's motivation now at the end of the game?

I don't think it's to be the best darn detective out there and I can't imagine that'll provide a lot of hope. Follow her father or something?

I mean Toko was to write a novel based off her half remembered experiences there, Togami to continue to be the 1% the world I guess needs and Jill to forever stalk Togami?

Dresden

Exactly. It's almost like he had the most... to gain..

HIRO WAS THE TRUE MASTERMIND GUYS
ZAP HIM

Called this as I entered the sixth case.

Okay, (Chapter 6) now that the investigation has begun for the final trial, my guess is that it's Hagakure who was behind it all. The Crystal Ball was his control mechanism!!! My evidence is my ass.

The true puppetmaster never reveals himself.

Called this as I entered the sixth case.

The true puppetmaster never reveals himself.

Bahahahaha
Bonus points for the damming evidence you had

I just wonder how he survived? Is HE the real Ultimate Luck?
And yeah that bad end fucking wrecked me. Hina doomed to a life of doom!
I also wonder... How would Junko keep going in the bad end? Would she just leave somehow?

daegan

Really enjoyed it; but I do wish they would have told us what the Tragedy actually was and how it took place at the school. I know Junko takes responsibility for it and it is tied to her plan but it's not clear at all how it drove people to riot and war (assuming that's the case).

I mostly liked who survived though. Good spread of important and incidental characters.

LiK

Really enjoyed it; but I do wish they would have told us what the Tragedy actually was and how it took place at the school. I know Junko takes responsibility for it and it is tied to her plan but it's not clear at all how it drove people to riot and war (assuming that's the case).

I mostly liked who survived though. Good spread of important and incidental characters.

I've been avoiding DR2 spoilers like the plague but it will answer questions, I assume.

kewlmyc

This is kinda disturbing to be honest.

Byakuya looks like he's smiling because Toko is dead lol.

Also did they ever say what happened to the headmaster?
I presume Juno or Mukuro had him done away with.

Headmaster is the guy that first gets executed. The execution was Blast Off if I recall.

Jintor

I sort of feel like the worst thing that Junko did was essentially erase two years of character development for every character.

And then got friends to kill each other.

Fuuuuuuuuuucked uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

He *is* young to begin with. I think they said he was in his thirties. It probably was Alter Ego who discovered that.

Kyoko's, like... I don't know. I assume they're in second year of high school, so... 17?

That's fucked up.

/edit I just realised that all the characters are 2 years older than they think you are, which means Hiro is 24. Goddamnit hiro

Kyoko is a 'greater good' kind of character at heart, I feel. At least she felt bad about fucking Makoto over.

I don't think we ever saw Makoto in a comparable state to Aoi (being ultra stressed about her best friend being shat on by everybody else, and then having Monokuma fuck with the evidence to goad her into action) or Mondo (having a heavy-ass secret and massive insecurity complex hanging over their heads and then being confronted by someone you previously thought of as being weak being stronger than you). That's probably at least partially because he's bland as bland can be, but still, maybe if he was in a fucked up enough situation, he could've tried to kill.

kewlmyc

Kyoko's, like... I don't know. I assume they're in second year of high school, so... 17?

That's fucked up.

/edit I just realised that all the characters are 2 years older than they think you are, which means Hiro is 24. Goddamnit hiro

It said he was in his older 30s to be fair.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That fake end had me laughing. And thinking of Hina having to get fucked by all three of them was bit disturbing as well lol

This is kinda disturbing to be honest.

Byakuya looks like he's smiling because Toko is dead lol.

Also did they ever say what happened to the headmaster?
I presume Juno or Mukuro had him done away with.
Do you remember that Hiro predicted that Makoto's wife would also have been his wife? ;)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hiro's kid is obviously the antichrist. Just look at those evil eyes. Not only that, but the other two kids seem to be terrified of something.

Monokuma is the one taking the photo.

I refuse! Denied! Don't I like it!

OH MY FUCK

So, a question. Has anyone here played the game in Japanese? Are Aoi's quotes from famous Athletes/Other famous people in sports the same? I was kinda floored when she was quoting Bobby Knight.

UberTag

As for the rest they all existed as ideas but are only described as "what if" scenarios. I'm only recounting them by memory here though so they're probably not accurate.

Chihiro gets killed by a swarm of Monokumas in a NES game.
Asahina gets mauled by sharks in a magic show.
Hagakure gets swallowed hole by some a door or something in a fortune show.
Sakura is felled in a battle against Monokuma.
Fukawa gets run over after hopelessly pursuing images of Togami.
Just playing catch up on the spoiler thread now after beating the game earlier today.

For some reason, I think an ideal punishment for Hina (instead of the shark mauling) would have been for her to get eaten by a giant animatronic donut. Would have been deliciously poetic.

The other alternative would be to hook her up to that donut feeding machine similar to the one Homer Simpson was hooked up to in Treehouse of Horror IV...

TheDevilampHomerSimpson.png

And have her get fed donuts until she explodes.

(It worries me that I can think up creative executions for a character that I actually liked.)

Caladrius

Just playing catch up on the spoiler thread now after beating the game earlier today.

For some reason, I think an ideal punishment for Hina (instead of the shark mauling) would have been for her to get eaten by a giant animatronic donut. Would have been deliciously poetic.

The other alternative would be to hook her up to that donut feeding machine similar to the one Homer Simpson was hooked up to in Treehouse of Horror IV...

TheDevilampHomerSimpson.png

And have her get fed donuts until she explodes.

(It worries me that I can think up creative executions for a character that I actually liked.)

Be careful, someone will draw fanart of that (minus the exploding part.)

kewlmyc

The worst "what if" death is Togami. He gets thrown in a garbage can, stoned by Schoolchildren Monokumas, then thrown in the Antarctic to die cold and alone.

Top Bottom