• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Moonlight

Banned
Don't give in!

(although if you guys mind, if you're gonna talk about SDR2, make it honking clear that's what you're talking (or quote someone who is) and maybe spoiler the whole thing? A lot of talking around spoilers going on.)

Well I was gonna go on and on about it but I guess instead, here's a Danganronpa x Pokemon crossover:

tumblr_mseoegOBE11s6m0ozo1_1280.png

Source

Omg

Virtually every one of these DR x Pokemon combinations are perfect... except Makoto's!

Should have been an eevee

EDIT: Oh I see it now. But still ;_;

He's a major disappointment cause he evolves into a boring and terrible type combination and instead could have been a cool water/bug?

I just finished Chapter 5 of SDR2 and what comes right after that.
I can't take it anymore. The Despair is too much too handle. And the sadness too ç_ç

Acid08

Banned
Finished it up tonight. Last case was great. I feel like I got *sort of* spoiled on Junko being the mastermind. I never outright read it anywhere but there were enough snide comments online about Junko and despair that when the case started heating up it all just sort of clicked for me. STILL, a really cool twist to everything and the performance from the english VA was fucking crazy in the best way.

I was expecting more from the epilogue but, ya know what, it's pretty cool that they just leave the ending open like that. I'm choosing to believe that the world really was super fucked up and they had to go on living being hardcore warriors of hope and eventually rebuilt something of a functional society. And that Makoto got dat harem with Hina and Kyoko.

Favorite case was definitely the first. It was just such a perfect introduction to what kind of crazy stuff was to come. The third was my least favorite simply because I didn't really care about any of the three characters who ate it. It was a cool case though, fun to play through. I ended up actually coming around on Byakuya a bit near the end. He's still an arrogant prick but I appreciate his willingness to not just say the obvious that almost no other character did. Also still have no idea what to make of Hiro. The fuck was he even there for?

So, I assume looking up DR stuff online is still probably not a good idea until the 2nd game is out. Like, no idea if the second game has any connection to the first but it seems like it may be dangerous anyway. I suppose this thread will be safe for appropriate fan art and stuff :p

But yeah, amazing game and I'm really happy we're getting the sequel so soon! Now onto School Life....

Attack
Magic
Summon

Shiva
Ifrit
PK Gaming
I'm looking for some non-spoiler screenshots (i.e. no death portraits) from the debate sections of the class trials. Ideally something from when 'Make Your Argument' is on-screen, but if that's impossible then from just after that when you're being shown what truth bullets are available. Got anything in your extensive gallery? Thanks.

PKrockin

Attack
Magic
Summon

Shiva
Ifrit
PK Gaming
I'm looking for some non-spoiler screenshots (i.e. no death portraits) from the debate sections of the class trials. Ideally something from when 'Make Your Argument' is on-screen, but if that's impossible then from just after that when you're being shown what truth bullets are available. Got anything in your extensive gallery? Thanks.
Damn, I've got plenty of these but none without death portraits.

I'm not sure you can get a completely spoilerless screenshot of a trial outside of the demo considering Maizono is right there next to Naegi.

PK Gaming

Attack
Magic
Summon

Shiva
Ifrit
PK Gaming

tumblr_lyqjp17ug31qfwde8o9_250.gif

I think i've got a few pictures that meet your criteria! (and I could always crop the death portraits out)

Though you'll have to wait until I get home, since i'm at school atm.

cnet128

Banned
Oh boy, I just finished reading the first volume of Danganronpa Zero, and I have a horrible feeling I know what the big twist is going to be in the second volume. It fits really well with a lot of things that happened in the first volume, and also with a couple of small spoilers that I vaguely remember reading in one place or another.

MAJOR DANGANRONPA ZERO SPOILERS (for both volumes, assuming I'm right)
I'm pretty sure Otonashi Ryouko
is Enoshima Junko
(double-spoilered for extra security). There has to be some huge secret about her to justify the whole no-memories thing (particularly in light of the taunts Junko was dropping at the end of the volume about her being involved with the incident somehow) and this would fit the bill to a T.

It would explain perfectly why Junko is so determined to get Ryouko involved and make her taste despair, because of course we all know the one person Junko wants to suffer despair most of all is herself. This fits particularly well in light of the scene at the very beginning of the novel where Junko is getting frustrated about everything going so smoothly for her, until she comes up with a fabulous idea. Presumably this idea was to add an element of risk to her plan and cause herself despair at the same time by screwing with her own memories and then leading herself to a tragic conclusion.

This idea has been vaguely brewing in my mind for most of the novel, but the clincher was Junko's hint at the very end, where she stated that one of her goals was to kill her "beloved darling" Matsuda Yasuke. If Junko is in love with Matsuda, that matches up with the one character trait we know for sure about Ryouko. Presumably Junko decided to use her own affections for him as the perfect tool to inflict despair upon herself. That's exactly the kind of thing she would think of -.-

The two spoilers I've picked up which also support this conclusion are:

1) When I looked up a wiki page on Enoshima Junko (a stupid idea, I know, but since I've already played SDR2 I thought it might be relatively safe) I spotted a mention in the introduction that she goes by another name. I didn't read what the name was, because I was instantly like NOPE, DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, but if it was Otonashi Ryouko, it would make a lot of sense.

2) I'd forgotten all about this until recently, but on reflection it could be the most telling piece of information of all: I think I remember accidentally reading a post somewhere saying that Junko has an extra talent of being the "Ultimate Analyst". This seems to match up worryingly well with the ability Ryouko uses during the chase scene with Madarai.

So yeah, in light of those two spoilers I'm fairly confident my theory is correct. I suspect Matsuda is fully aware of her real identity, since he's supposedly known her since they were children, and he also had some rather suspicious reactions when Ryouko first mentioned the name Enoshima Junko to him. So presumably he's in on the whole thing and was probably the one who erased her memories in the first place, though I'd be surprised if he's aware of the full extent of her plan.

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is how the scenes where Ryouko interacts with Junko would work. Most of the time I could put it down to some kind of controlled hallucination, where Junko emerges as a schizophrenic split personality, but in the scene where they confront Madarai, he unambiguously acknowledges in many of his spoken lines that there are two of them present. So I figure either Junko has got Mukuro playing the part of herself just like she does later on (not keen on this theory since I don't think Mukuro could play the part that well, though it would explain the remarkable physical prowess Junko demonstrates), or else there's some serious unreliable-narrator going on and parts of those scenes never "happened", Junko just wrote them down in the notebook herself while she was in control and of course Ryouko wouldn't know any better.

So yeah. I kind of hope I'm wrong about all of this, because I really like Ryouko and I would hate for her not only to have to suffer the death of the guy she loves at her own hands but also to have essentially never existed in the first place. But, uh, I sense large quantities of despair incoming =p
END MAJOR DANGANRONPA ZERO SPOILERS

Well, I just finished Super DanganRonpa 2.
It was truly awesome, way more than the first game. For some reason I didn't care that much during most of the deaths of the first game, excpet maybe for Sakura, but the second game's deaths made me so sad. So sad. So full of despair.
Very very good, can't wait for the actual release and to play it with a better quality

SPOILERS for SD2!!!!!
The fight between Giant Junko and Usami was pretty cool. Hinata SS was also pretty cool and wierd. I'm still so sad for Ibuki and Tanaka though D:

PK Gaming

Perhaps an outright community thread for unmarked spoilers on EVERYTHING?

It'd be down for that

I'm scared of glancing upon a DR2 spoiler because someone accidentally broke their spoiler tags

EX:
Peko Pekoyama is actually the hottest girl ever [/soiler]

Zephyx

It'd be down for that

I'm scared of glancing upon a DR2 spoiler because someone accidentally broke their spoiler tags

EX:
Peko Pekoyama is actually the hottest girl ever [/soiler]
Actually, out of the cast of SDR2, she and Sonia are the ones I like the most. :D (Haven't played it yet and I don't know the story)

Moonlight

Banned
See, Highschool of the Dead has probably ruined the whole samurai schoolgirl thing forever for me. But I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Jintor

See, Highschool of the Dead has probably ruined the whole samurai schoolgirl thing forever for me. But I guess I can see where you're coming from.

:lol

you should seperate out HSoTD from any other tropes. It's so fucking ridiculous it basically sets a completely different paradigm for those character types.

DaBoss

How is the Wiki for SDR2? For DR1, it was filled with spoilers in the description with no warning.

I want to read up on the characters in SDR2 without getting into spoilers.

And I'm down for a community thread, except spoilers should be marked or there won't be much people lol. Do it like how the Ace Attorney Community Thread does it.

How is the Wiki for SDR2? For DR1, it was filled with spoilers in the description with no warning.

I want to read up on the characters.

And I'm down for a community thread, except spoilers should be marked or there won't be much people lol. Do it like how the Ace Attorney Community Thread does it.

i wouldn't even recommend looking at wiki pages for DR1 characters, let alone DR2 characters, heh

If you want spoiler-free info about DR2 it's probably best to just ask in the thread and someone can fetch info for you.

And a general Danganronpa Community thread or Spoiler Thread might be a good idea, my only concern is whether or not it splits discussion too thin.

PK Gaming

I want to read up on the characters in SDR2 without getting into spoilers.

Names, art, and talents
Just don't go elsewhere on the site.

Our best option atm.

Related: The character design really ramped up in the sequel. Everyone looks great.

Moonlight

Banned
My only request if a community thread happens is that if you guys wind up talking about SDR2, that you just go like

"SDR2/SDR2 Case [whatever]:

spoilerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
(not actually SDR2 spoilers)"

Just blank out the whole thing and give a heads-up that SDR2 stuff is in there. It's just a little worrying to go through this thread, even, and have some people talking around spoilers about the game like 'this chapter was so [adjective] [black box]'. Just wanna put that out there. I guess it's a bit over-sensitive, but I've been really careful about avoiding a spoiler ambush/knowing much of anything about the game, and I really wanna keep that going.

:lol

you should seperate out HSoTD from any other tropes. It's so fucking ridiculous it basically sets a completely different paradigm for those character types.
Haha, I guess. It's sort of hard not to think about, though.

Our best option atm.

Related: The character design really ramped up in the sequel. Everyone looks great.
God, scrolling all the way down through all those cool character designs and at the very end there's Byakuya sitting there like a punchline, it's like...

RxN9e7V.png

DaBoss

I guess we can wait till SDR2 comes out in the west so other people can join along? Though that seems like a long time for those who already finished it.

But yea, it would just be best if SDR2 spoilers are marked.
Our best option atm.

Alright, thanks.

The character designers seem to like to give guys black clothing and girls short skirts lol.

EDIT: Holy shit. I saw the guy at the bottom, thought it looked like Byakuya, but I didn't bother reading the name. What happened Togami?

Top Bottom