• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Related to SDR2 and Ishimaru's underwear (no, it's not lewd, stop giving me those looks):

Is the Ultimate Manager there referring to Nidai?

I think Nidai was once Leon's coach, but I don't think he's ever been related to Ishimaru. Still, could be I dunno.

I think Nidai was once Leon's coach, but I don't think he's ever been related to Ishimaru. Still, could be I dunno.

Still SDR2 and Ishimaru's underwear related (stop giving me those looks)

I was just wondering if Nidai and Ishimaru had the same underwear. Since Ishimaru's text mentions it is the same kind/brand as the Ultimate Manager and Nidai's kinda looks like it?

Tenki

Yes and no. You do get to see how falling into Junko's trap affects everyone, then the game loops back to before you make that choice. It is brief, but surreal and worth checking out for curiosity's sake.

I finally load my other save and did it. She dies but it was just Makoto's imagination lol

This game would be a lot better with alternative ending imo.

Is Danganronpa 2 better? Now I can't wait for it :D

AniHawk

I finally load my other save and did it. She dies but it was just Makoto's imagination lol

i haven't played it, but the consensus from everyone everywhere seems to be that dr2 is better than the first in almost every way.

i haven't played it, but the consensus from everyone everywhere seems to be that dr2 is better than the first in almost every way.
I decided I couldn't bear the wait, so I started watching a let's play of it. Form the little I have seen so far it's way better, if only for the characters which seem even more over the top and interesting.

I also read DanganRonpa Zero. I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't read it yet to wait until the English translation is completed. Until about 3/4 of the second book is translated but sadly not the ending, so i had to read a summary of the last part but it really is awesome, I nearly enjoyed it more than the game itself.
Who knows if we'll ever get an official release.

Yes, Danganronpa 2 is better is almost every way.

Better overall characters, improved gameplay, the murders are more interesting, etc, etc.

KIRIGIRIKIRIGIRI JINGJING

;_;

Since I won't be getting a Vita/PSP any time soon I caved and watched a lets play.(first let's play I've ever watched actually)

Question though, were Celes and Yamada closer than they let on? How the hell did he know her real name?

From regaining his stolen memories. Either that or Celes told him in order to gain his trust.

He's still a dick since he knows that no one else could have known her real name, I don't care if he was on the verge of death when he said it.

I know Maizono wasn't right in the head and all but Leon should be 3rd on the list of people you don't try to fight one on one. Come on now you had a weak naive little kid there and you choose the pro baseball player, smh.

I know Maizono wasn't right in the head and all but Leon should be 3rd on the list of people you don't try to fight one on one. Come on now you had a weak naive little kid there and you choose the pro baseball player, smh.
Well, she wanted to frame the weak naive little kid, she couldn't kill him, could she?
She would have managed to kill him if she didn't attack him so suddenly. If they like talked for a while or something he would have lowered his guard and then she could have easily kill him. That would have been interesting.

Well I mean, I guess Leon was just because he wasn't expecting it. And he was supposedly friendly to her so I guess he was the prime target.

But there's still other characters who you could have attacked and probably had a less disastrous results. Like Hagakure or Yamada or Celeste or Hagakure or Chihiro (though, then she would have burned in hell) or Hagakure or Togami or Hagakure.

Well, she wanted to frame the weak naive little kid, she couldn't kill him, could she?
She would have managed to kill him if she didn't attack him so suddenly. If they like talked for a while or something he would have lowered his guard and then she could have easily kill him. That would have been interesting.

I was talking about Fujisaki not Naegi.

And yeah since her "plan" was to attack suddenly then she's even more crazy for picking Leon with his pro athlete reflexes.

Ken

Well I mean, I guess Leon was just because he wasn't expecting it. And he was supposedly friendly to her so I guess he was the prime target.

But there's still other characters who you could have attacked and probably had a less disastrous results. Like Hagakure or Yamada or Celeste or Hagakure or Chihiro (though, then she would have burned in hell) or Hagakure or Togami or Hagakure.

Yamada: Eughhhh, 3D girls!
Celeste: Wouldn't break her own rules of leaving after dark.
Chihiro: Doesn't hang out with girls.
Togami: Would probably sniff out that it was a trap.
Hagakure: Yeeeeeah Hagakure contributed about as much as Leon did despite their lifespans and he does love following instructions on mysterious notes.

I was talking about Fujisaki not Naegi.
Oh sorry, I guess the "naive" part confused me. She could have easily killed Naegi. Not sure about Chihiro, she would probably have started crying as soon as she spoke and I doubt she would have come out of his room if she had received the message.

Yamada: Eughhhh, 3D girls!
Celeste: Wouldn't break her own rules of leaving after dark.
Chihiro: Doesn't hang out with girls.
Togami: Would probably sniff out that it was a trap.
Hagakure: Yeeeeeah Hagakure contributed about as much as Leon did despite their lifespans and he does love following instructions on mysterious notes.

These don't work since Maizono has no knowledge of those character traits.

I think Celes, Togami, Kirigiri, Fukawa, and Ishimaru(depending if not breaking rules extends to resisting a sugoi bootycall) can be ruled out based on what Maizono knew of them.

Ken

These don't work since Maizono has no knowledge of those character traits.

Well yeah, that's why they're bad targets, no?

If she sent letters to everyone Leon or Hiro seem to be the most likely to go, although that might be unfair to Leon since he doesn't get much development time?

Well yeah, that's why they're bad targets, no?

If she sent letters to everyone Leon or Hiro seem to be the most likely to go, although that might be unfair to Leon since he doesn't get much development time?

huh what?

At the time of choosing they would be good targets to her considering there was no reason she knew of why they wouldn't respond, at least not anymore than Leon.

But anyway she cracked and wasn't thinking straight, I really just felt like ragging on her for her dumb plan. :)

Well if you go off first impressions (as everyone introduced themselves in front of the main gate at the start) and I guess basically up to where Monokuma says kill each other:

High Danger Level of Getting Myself Killed:
- Sakura (well look at her)
- Mondo (super duper prone to violence)

Moderate Danger of Getting Myself Killed:
- Leon (baseball star so should be in good shape)
- Kirigiri (hard to tell since you know nothing about her)
- Togami (looks kinda in shape)
- Ishimaru (looks in shape in also a little intense)
- Hagakure (taller so might be harder to take down)
- Aoi (a swimmer so in good shape)
- Junko (good shape as well due to being a model so hard to tell)

Low Danger of Getting Myself Killed:
- Makoto (super duper screams like a little bitch)
- Chihiro (shy and probably easy)
- Celeste (those frills will be hard to move in)
- Toko (will probably be too scared)
- Yamada (probably slow)

Of course there's also trying to assume who will be the easiest to lure but Leon still wouldn't have been the best choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_n232xnSExV1rb1gfxo1_1280.png

I liked DRAT's explanation instead.

Labrys

Still SDR2 and Ishimaru's underwear related (stop giving me those looks)

I was just wondering if Nidai and Ishimaru had the same underwear. Since Ishimaru's text mentions it is the same kind/brand as the Ultimate Manager and Nidai's kinda looks like it?

clicklooks like they do

Labrys

DR2 underwear spoilers out in the open, game is ruined now thanks.

But seriously, spoiler text on links is not a good idea.

didn't even realize that, i'll be sure to take it into consideration next time. my eyesight's kinda shit and i could just barely see that

PK Gaming

He's still a dick since he knows that no one else could have known her real name, I don't care if he was on the verge of death when he said it.

There are multiple theories, but this is the main reason:

Komatsuzaki: The first character designed, even prior to the protagonist, and served as the basic model for the game's male characters (Sayaka Maizono was the base female character). That's why he features a more standard body type, and a height of 175cm (rubber-soled shoes included). As for special characteristics, that would probably be the goatee. I'm a fan of the punk genre myself, so I designed his outfit with details I personally like. Since we turned back to his and Maizono-san's designs consistently from the very early design stages, we grew tired of them and they ended up the first characters to go in the actual game. That is truly a sad existence.

For what it's worth, the manga shows a higher degree of interaction between the 2 characters. Maizono assumed that she could get easily get him to show up at doorstep at night (I doubt anyone else would seriously consider doing that at the early point in the game)

I wonder how Togami's murder would have went down if he ever got around to it. I like to think he was waiting for the herd to thin out and then would use Fukawa/Genocider in some way and leave himself the last man standing.

A part of me thinks that what he did in changing the Chapter 2 murder scene wasn't just for shits and giggles but also as a test to see if he could fool everyone and sniff out who his biggest obstacles were. As long as Naegi and Kirigiri were around it would be too dangerous to attempt a murder.

Then best character Sakura changed everything.

A part of me thinks that what he did in changing the Chapter 2 murder scene wasn't just for shits and giggles but also as a test to see if he could fool everyone and sniff out who his biggest obstacles were. As long as Naegi and Kirigiri were around it would be too dangerous to attempt a murder.

He pretty much outright said this.

FStubbs

I wonder how Togami's murder would have went down if he ever got around to it. I like to think he was waiting for the herd to thin out and then would use Fukawa/Genocider in some way and leave himself the last man standing.

Then best character Sakura changed everything.

Like I said earlier, Naegi and Kirigiri are no problem for him if the three of them are the last 3 standing. He just shanks Naegi in front of Kirigiri and automatically wins the class trial since he'd vote Kirigiri, forcing a 1-1 vote which fails to convict him. Kirigiri gets executed for failing to "prove" who the killer is and Togami walks. I think that was his plan all along.

Decided to watch some of the dub version of the game, those bastards didn't keep Leon's AAHOAHOAHAHAAHOAOHAOHAHOA,

Abridged dub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also is there a lets play of SDR2 out there?

Noi

Like I said earlier, Naegi and Kirigiri are no problem for him if the three of them are the last 3 standing. He just shanks Naegi in front of Kirigiri and automatically wins the class trial since he'd vote Kirigiri, forcing a 1-1 vote which fails to convict him. Kirigiri gets executed for failing to "prove" who the killer is and Togami walks. I think that was his plan all along.

That relies on the assumption that the rules for the class trial wouldn't be changed when its just two people left. Monokuma already does plenty of information withholding regarding the rules unless it's on a need to know basis, so it's not a stretch to assume that those rules already exist, but never need to be actually said in-game since that situation never happens.

Jintor

Byakuya's best move would've been to try and subvert the game anyway, since Monokuma was continually changing the ruleset and often interfering directly - and often unpredictably - with circumstances.

I think I'm dealing with some glitch here.

In school mode, if I just suck at choosing the right choices with a character, go to the pause menu and return back to the main menu and go back to school mode, the character I was attempting feign interest in completely disappears.

Like they suddenly don't exist anymore. Even if I hop to them from the triangle menu I get nothing. It's kinda weird and I only remember this starting to happen recently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had that happen to me. Just save & reset the game completely. I have no idea why it did that sometimes.

Sorian

Banned
I think I'm dealing with some glitch here.

In school mode, if I just suck at choosing the right choices with a character, go to the pause menu and return back to the main menu and go back to school mode, the character I was attempting feign interest in completely disappears.

Like they suddenly don't exist anymore. Even if I hop to them from the triangle menu I get nothing. It's kinda weird and I only remember this starting to happen recently.

The killings have begun.

The only glitch I encountered during my time with the game was an incredibly obnoxious bug that caused the text to go into rapid-skip mode until the game was rebooted, even though I wasn't pressing any buttons nor the touchscreen. I know it's not a problem with my Vita either, since two of my friends had the exact same problem. It was really awful when it happened during the climax of Chapter 4's trial, since I missed some really great lines that I had to YouTube later.

I had that happen to me. Just save & reset the game completely. I have no idea why it did that sometimes.

Yeah, I just had to completely exit out of the game and reload it. I guess it's just kinda annoying.

The killings have begun.

I only started to notice this when I was working on Celeste's so I guess I'm trying to will her out of existence, haha.

[.IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/4273f883f2aaf34f577dbe1d86b31441/tumblr_mnl9e2H9MX1rois19o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35148260

Super Duper Zipper

Oh, that one, but he said a bunch tho. It's still pretty relatively minor.

Honestly given how he has the eyepatch longer than he doesn't it's kinda easy to forget he didn't have it >.>

Multiple really, none of which are 100% complete afaik but with all of them you can see the whole game.

From a quick search I found a video version that only has the first chapter and some other stuff that's in "picture/text" form.

If there's no full video version I guess I'll wait.

PKrockin

The only glitch I encountered during my time with the game was an incredibly obnoxious bug that caused the text to go into rapid-skip mode until the game was rebooted, even though I wasn't pressing any buttons nor the touchscreen. I know it's not a problem with my Vita either, since two of my friends had the exact same problem. It was really awful when it happened during the climax of Chapter 4's trial, since I missed some really great lines that I had to YouTube later.
The game fast forwards if you hold your finger on the screen. Capacitive touch screens tend to freak out for a while if you get liquid on them, touch them with dirty/greasy fingers, or other stuff like that. That's probably what happened.

The game fast forwards if you hold your finger on the screen. Capacitive touch screens tend to freak out for a while if you get liquid on them, touch them with dirty/greasy fingers, or other stuff like that. That's probably what happened.

I have a screen protector on my Vita and I would never, ever, ever use any of my gaming devices with greasy fingers, let alone get liquid of any kind on it. I take pride in my cleanliness!

Jintor

Oh, I had that bug too. I thought it WAS my vita though, because my touch screen has been occasionally acting up for months.

it probably was my fingers though because I have abnormal handsweat glands. It's my ultimate ability, apparently

Top Bottom