• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Jintor

I really hate how 'read' (as in 'you should read this') and 'read' (as in 'I've already read this') are spelled exactly the same. (As a side note, spelt and spelled are also evil)

Drago

Read DanganRonpa Zero. More people should do that.
Yeah, it was a great read. Very dark and twisted, moreso than I was expecting. It's a shame Volume 2 hasn't yet had as high a quality fan translation like V1 had, but what's there is still readable and enjoyable, for the most part anyways. If we ever got an official novel release and translation I'd totally buy it. Shame if it does happen it almost certainly won't come before DR2 since it works as both a prequel to DR1 and set up for 2.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n1zljjrPJe1r1jwrfo1_500.jpg

If there's no full video version I guess I'll wait.
If you're interested, I found videos till about the end of chapter 3, from two channels but both very well done. From there onwards I think I'll have to YouTube the Trial, as the one who finished the third chapter now made it unreachable without a password. And then on another site there's Dialog and some images for the Beginning of chapters and investigation and then it seems there's videos for Trials. That's what I found and what I'm watching/reading. Tell me if you're interested, I will link it.

Read DanganRonpa Zero. More people should do that.
That's so true, I loved it. I really hope one day we'll see an official release, maybe in the CE of DG2? One can dream.

If you're interested, I found videos till about the end of chapter 3, from two channels but both very well done. From there onwards I think I'll have to YouTube the Trial, as the one who finished the third chapter now made it unreachable without a password. And then on another site there's Dialog and some images for the Beginning of chapters and investigation and then it seems there's videos for Trials. That's what I found and what I'm watching/reading. Tell me if you're interested, I will link it.

That's so true, I loved it. I really hope one day we'll see an official release, maybe in the CE of DG2? One can dream.

yes I am very interested, pls and thank you

Sorian

Banned
It happens to threads after a month, if the mods notice.

And no one likes us so we got moved before a month :(

Got my platinum last night! School mode was a real slog but it was worth it for the character's final dialogue, special mentions to Chihiro and my waifu, Hina.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry for the double post but it is hours a part and I want to bump as well. I'm sure it has to exist somewhere already but I'm unable to find it. My gf wants to use Monokuma's japanese upupupu as her text message tone but I don't know how to go about doing that and the only one I was able to find made already was that part from the first or second episode of the anime where he does the laugh but sayaka is crying over him.

Sorry for the double post but it is hours a part and I want to bump as well. I'm sure it has to exist somewhere already but I'm unable to find it. My gf wants to use Monokuma's japanese upupupu as her text message tone but I don't know how to go about doing that and the only one I was able to find made already was that part from the first or second episode of the anime where he does the laugh but sayaka is crying over him.
Have you looked for a video on YT? Just search a Trial and I'm pretty sure you'll find a moment in which he goes "Upupupupupupupupu"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure there's programs out there that can convert videos to audio & then you can cut out the parts you don't want.

Sorian

Banned
Quick upupu I made using a trailer for the game. If you can link me to a clip with a better one that doesn't have any background music at all I can trim that.

I'll have her check it out when I get home from work, I can probably figure it out too from here, I just figured I'd ask since I thought it would have been something that existed already and I just wasn't finding it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You son of a bitch! :'(
This is not welcome in a GAF environment

I thought they were going to pull some sort of reality show type shit, even before the reveal of the game being broadcast, then I thought it would have been even MORE after that reveal. But no, despair and all that. ;p

I mean, I don't expect every game to be all endings to be flowers and rainbows, but for some reason, I just did. Maybe itwas the pink blood, made it look fake as hell. (Why the hell was it pink?)

Anyway..

TFnH12E.jpg

As you can see, I suck shit at making avatars. (Sometimes) and I can't quite get it to look good enough. Could anyone crop out Mukuro holding the ice cream and make it look it better than what I've already done. :p

I'd appreciate it.

I just finished it after a sleepless marathon of chapters 4-6/Epilogue. In the end I was fairly satisfied, excepting that poor Chihiro had to die. It's the only death that I absolutely totally would 'undo', given the opportunity. Just sad in every conceivable fashion.

Sorian

Banned
I just finished it after a sleepless marathon of chapters 4-6/Epilogue. In the end I was fairly satisfied, excepting that poor Chihiro had to die. It's the only death that I absolutely totally would 'undo', given the opportunity. Just sad in every conceivable fashion.

Watch him die twice! Upupupupupupu ~ ♪

I thought they were going to pull some sort of reality show type shit, even before the reveal of the game being broadcast, then I thought it would have been even MORE after that reveal. But no, despair and all that. ;p

I mean, I don't expect every game to be all endings to be flowers and rainbows, but for some reason, I just did. Maybe itwas the pink blood, made it look fake as hell. (Why the hell was it pink?)

The despair is all too real.

Mondo x Taka feels.

;_;

;_;

Also reason why I use it as my twitter avatar.

So I'm finally running through School Mode now, and I'm just about to finish the report cards.

Approximately how many days does it take to get someone's hearts to max after you get their full report card? I wanna see if I can maybe score one ending on my first run-through. (Also, do hearts carry over to the next playthrough?)

So I'm finally running through School Mode now, and I'm just about to finish the report cards.

Approximately how many days does it take to get someone's hearts to max after you get their full report card? I wanna see if I can maybe score one ending on my first run-through. (Also, do hearts carry over to the next playthrough?)

You need to get 10 hearts to max it out.

You can at best get one full heart per free time event.

So (with the extra free time event every 7 days), it'll take 9 (or 8 if you start on the 7th day) days assuming you keep resetting every time you don't get the best result.

Hearts don't carry over though, but characters you maxed out will get a little medal or something when you ask Monokuma how everyone likes you so you can keep track of it.

You need to get 10 hearts to max it out.

You can at best get one full heart per free time event.

So (with the extra free time event every 7 days), it'll take 9 days assuming you keep resetting every time you don't get the best result.

Hearts don't carry over though, but characters you maxed out will get a little medal or something when you ask Monokuma how everyone likes you so you can keep track of it.
Thanks, I won't have enough time, but I've decided to see the bad ending anyway.

I'll start going hard for endings on the next playthrough. One more question, do Trip Tickets carry over?

Thanks, I won't have enough time, but I've decided to see the bad ending anyway.

I'll start going hard for endings on the next playthrough. One more question, do Trip Tickets carry over?

Nope, but you'll get enough to max out 4 or 5? characters each run assuming you build the Monokuma backups each time.

Only the collection and cleaning levels do.

Sorian

Banned
You can max 5 characters with 8 trips left over if you do an absolute perfect run. Which means if you don't do a perfect run you have 8 extra trips to make up for it, aim for that 5!

Edit: Also, you only need 2 level 9 cleaners to do the job.

UberTag

With both the cleaning tools you only need one.

Hiro gets to live out his true purpose as a duster.
I made Taka and Mondo my designated cleaners. Felt they would want to work together being such bros and all.
Just finished School Mode and got the Platinum trophy out of the way today. Wasn't expecting it to be quite so tedious at the end but it's done and over with now.

Chapter 1 SDR2 spoilers

I am full of fucking despair, if they wanted to make a point that no one is safe they went above and beyond, TOGAMI NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Acosta

Guys, I think I have screwed myself with a spoiler for DR2 reading about Zero (could't help it, I wanted to read more about Junko and what originated DR...). Could anyone very familiar with the sequel be so kind to tell me how bad it is?

Read that Izuru Kamukura is one of the antagonists in DR2, I have no idea about who this guy is but it pisses me off to think I have ruined my "Junko" moment in DR2 :(

Guys, I think I have screwed myself with a spoiler for DR2 reading about Zero (could't help it, I wanted to read more about Junko and what originated DR...). Could anyone very familiar with the sequel be so kind to tell me how bad it is?

Read that Izuru Kamukura is one of the antagonists in DR2, I have no idea about who this guy is but it pisses me off to think I have ruined my "Junko" moment in DR2 :(
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to read Zero before DR2, so you're not spoiled.

Honestly, not very bad at all.

Acosta

Honestly, not very bad at all.

Ah, thanks god...

Thanks, really appreciated. Time to put DR in absolute lockdown except for this thread.

sackboy2197 said:
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to read Zero before DR2, so you're not spoiled.

Thanks, yes, but I was reading a wiki about it so I probably was reading something I shouldn't have to know in that term.

It means nothing without context really

Thanks, yes, but I was reading a wiki about it so I probably was reading something I shouldn't have to know in that term.

You dodged a very big bullet if that's all you read

Top Bottom