• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Pekoyama's definitely the coolest of the girls.

And the most attractive man is Nidai.

*Most Attractive in SDR2

And a general Danganronpa Community thread or Spoiler Thread might be a good idea, my only concern is whether or not it splits discussion too thin.

I feel like that's probably the main problem. We already got a general OT and a spoiler thread which everyone migrates to to be free of the black bars.

We're going to get that again once SDR2 comes out and a community thread is just tossing another place people will post.

-------------------------------------------------

tumblr_n2am9oLZs41rb1gfxo1_1280.png

If only Sakura gave Maizono the protein earlier ._.

Noi

Yeah, I'm not too sure about a community thread (yet). When you have threads like those for way bigger series that actively get new games to still ingloriously die out for long periods of time (Zelda, Dragon Quest, etc), I'm not too sure how long a community thread for a series with limited replay value and only two and a half games (with one and a half of them still not out in the west) will fare. S' why there's no Community for the Zero Escape series either.

Probably for the best that we stick here and those with SDR2 knowledge play nice. ;)

Zephyx

^ That's one of my favorite Mukuro expressions. :D

OT: It's not actually that bad to have a community thread. The AA guys have it and it was a lot of fun to scrim through the pages.

RE: DR2 Spoilers/DR Community Thread

I think a DR Community Thread would be cool, but I'd prefer to wait until after DR2 comes out.

I'd rather see all DR2 discussion kept to an absolute minimum until then outside of any threads specifically dedicated to the game. GAF is one of the few "safe" places on the net for DR stuff right now, and I'm trying to keep the majority of my DR surfing to here as to avoid any random spoilers.

DR spoilers are evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverywhere. O_O

Moonlight

Banned
Dug it up on Tumblr. It did link to a source, apparently some sort of Twitter account, but it's deleted or something. Reverse googling hasn't helped turn up anything else.

EDIT: Okay, so I looked up 'dg_xhs' on Google and that turned up some stuff. Namely, a gender-swap of DR2's females. I probably can't appreciate it as much some others might, but I'll link it anyways.

EDIT2: And some Sayaka x Leon shipping art by the same artist.

EDIT3: I'm gonna recommend, uh, not following me through the Google hunt because the more I go down this rabbit hole, the more I'm getting concerned one of the surviving pieces of art is gonna be some sort of major SDR2 spoiler.

I'd say that who didn't play SDR2 yet is safer in here with the properly tagged spoilers, like they have been till now, than in the internet. Just saying.

Also I'd suggest not even looking at the characters, or at least not at their special ability. There's one dude in particular: when you are actually told what he is it's a very funny scene.

Jintor

Dug it up on Tumblr. It did link to a source, apparently some sort of Twitter account, but it's deleted or something. Reverse googling hasn't helped turn up anything else.

EDIT: Okay, so I looked up 'dg_xhs' on Google and that turned up some stuff. Namely, a gender-swap of DR2's females. I probably can't appreciate it as much some others might, but I'll link it anyways.

EDIT2: And some Sayaka x Leon shipping art by the same artist.

EDIT3: I'm gonna recommend, uh, not following me through the Google hunt because the more I go down this rabbit hole, the more I'm getting concerned one of the surviving pieces of art is gonna be some sort of major SDR2 spoiler.

ok thanks dawg. fuck me that loose lineart is great.

PKrockin

So how did Junko find out that Mondo killed his brother? That's something only the two of them knew. Would he have told someone at Hope's Peak (prior to the killing game) about that?

So how did Junko find out that Mondo killed his brother? That's something only the two of them knew. Would he have told someone at Hope's Peak (prior to the killing game) about that?

You could say the same about pretty much everyone else's secrets as well. Though more fancy mind altering junk is a possibility I suppose, the fact that Hifumi knew Celeste's real name leads me to believe that they were all really open with each other at Hope's Peak and the secrets were all information they shared during their high school life.

DaBoss

So do people think Sayaka was sincere to Makoto? If so, up to what point?

I think she was being sincere to Makoto up until the DVD thing. At that point she snapped.
I'm betting she found out all of the secrets during the time that their memories were taken. There must have been some large amount of preparation done.

EDIT: Completely forgot about the fact they could have been close to each other during the normal part of their school life.

DaBoss

school life ending basically confirms it
Ahh, OK, I didn't finish that yet. I keep failing to make back ups just by one part, and then I found out much later on that you can make these tools that have passive abilities like getting 2x the materials.

So how does the New Game+ thing work in that. Do you get to keep the materials you already get, or only the relationships?

Though I probably won't get to that till much later since I'm letting my sister play now and she has been enjoying it so far.

Jintor

Scavenging/cleaning levels only. Relationships don't stay (well, the report card relationships carry over, the school mode ones don't) but they're flagged as 'done' visibly on the monokuma report so don't worry about them

Caladrius

Ahh, OK, I didn't finish that yet. I keep failing to make back ups just by one part, and then I found out much later on that you can make these tools that have passive abilities like getting 2x the materials.

So how does the New Game+ thing work in that. Do you get to keep the materials you already get, or only the relationships?

Though I probably won't get to that till much later since I'm letting my sister play now and she has been enjoying it so far.

You keep a record of what characters you maxed and the collection/cleaning levels.

Nothing else is retained.

PKrockin

Hm, yeah, Hifumi knew Celeste's real name, but I can imagine that kind of information coming to light. The only way Mondo's secret would have gotten out is if he told someone, and it's not the kind of story you go blabbing about to your friends. So I guess he would have had to tell Junko or Mukuro.

Finding out about it by doing that unexplained memory altering nonsense seems a bit more likely to me.

Well if you consider than Junko was able to remove specific memories of the characters (Kirigiri's talent and her daddy issues say hi), then it is likely she probably was able to go through their memories and find out some interesting secrets.

D'awwww at that IshiMondoChihiro corner.

Another thought regarding Mondo's secret is that the school could have already known about it when he first enrolled. I mean they basically know (almost) EVERYTHING, so it wouldn't be surprising if they were able to dug enough to find it out.

PKrockin

D'awwww at that IshiMondoChihiro corner.

Another thought regarding Mondo's secret is that the school could have already known about it when he first enrolled. I mean they basically know (almost) EVERYTHING, so it wouldn't be surprising if they were able to dug enough to find it out.
How would the school have found out about it? Mondo was the only one alive who knew.

PK Gaming

Attack
Magic
Summon

Shiva
Ifrit
PK Gaming
I'm looking for some non-spoiler screenshots (i.e. no death portraits) from the debate sections of the class trials. Ideally something from when 'Make Your Argument' is on-screen, but if that's impossible then from just after that when you're being shown what truth bullets are available. Got anything in your extensive gallery? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay...!

I figured i'd just upload all of my trial-related screenshots. Quite a few of them have death portraits, but I think they can be cropped out.

Album 1 2 3 4 5

Hopefully you can use some of it!

PKrockin

The problem with this request is, the camera always pans the same way when the nonstop debate starts. As soon as "Make your argument" appears, Junko's portrait is in the shot, and then Sayaka's portrait is still in the shot when it disappears.

edit: here's some truth bullet screenshots now that I'm home.

The demo features a still living Sayaka and Junko, but a dearly departed Hiro. Here's the Project Zetsubou translated version of the demo (as with all other DR YouTube videos, be wary of Recommended Videos). You should be able to get a decent shot out of this, but 1. YouTube/PSP quality and 2. it doesn't say "Make your argument," as it's a different translation. Dunno if it's still serviceable.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sorry for the delay...!

I figured i'd just upload all of my trial-related screenshots. Quite a few of them have death portraits, but I think they can be cropped out.

BOOBLUST

The demo features a still living Sayaka and Junko, but a dearly departed Hiro. Here's the Project Zetsubou translated version of the demo (as with all other DR YouTube videos, be wary of Recommended Videos). You should be able to get a decent shot out of this, but 1. YouTube/PSP quality and 2. it doesn't say "Make your argument," as it's a different translation. Dunno if it's still serviceable.

Huh, that's pretty interesting.

But is that Junko or Mukuro? :p

Sorry for the delay...!

Album 1 2 3 4 5

The problem with this request is, the camera always pans the same way when the nonstop debate starts. As soon as "Make your argument" appears, Junko's portrait is in the shot, and then Sayaka's portrait is still in the shot when it disappears.

edit: here's some truth bullet screenshots now that I'm home.

Really appreciate it guys. Yeah, for some reason the timing on when 'Make Your Argument' shows up is different from in the PSP version (as well as the translation being different), making it impossible to grab a safe shot. Saved some of the images you posted though, thanks.

Incidentally, Nanami is several orders of magnitude cuter than anyone else in SDR2.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I jus finished the game, is there any anime is can watch without spoiling the sequel?

I jus finished the game, is there any anime is can watch without spoiling the sequel?

The anime adaptation for this game, Danganronpa The Animation wouldn't spoil any of the sequel if you are wondering about that.

Just don't expect it to be as amazing as the game (but it's still serviceable)

Top Bottom