• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Sorian

Banned
I don't like the canon result so I'm ok with anything not canon!

image.php

He's dead, there is no bringing him back.

webkid94

For school mode, I'm missing a monokuma goal in between Casanova and the Monokuma Entertainment System. Is it something you make after you get everyone's ending or what?

Noi

For school mode, I'm missing a monokuma goal in between Casanova and the Monokuma Entertainment System. Is it something you make after you get everyone's ending or what?

The Monokuma you can build are random at certain points. Just keep doing School Mode and you'll get 'em all eventually.

Sorian

Banned
Kyoko = one of the best female characters in any game

followed by Hina and Sakura

loved them all

Kyoko was kind of bland to me. She just seemed like the flip side of Makoto that was smart more often than not.

Sakura was a class act though.

Sorian

Banned
So, does Inorigo (someone posting right now over in the OT) know the mastermind behind this game? I find their avatar awesomely ironic if they are clueless, the hairpins are just sitting there perfectly in view and everything (I was just looking at the avatar yesterday pre-chapter 6 and didn't even notice them myself).

Trigger

So, does Inorigo (someone posting right now over in the OT) know the mastermind behind this game? I find their avatar awesomely ironic if they are clueless, the hairpins are just sitting there perfectly in view and everything (I was just looking at the avatar yesterday pre-chapter 6 and didn't even notice them myself).

Pretty sure he doesn't. Would be weird to pretend he doesn't know if he did. Curious to see how he reacts to the third trial. Celeste's breakdown is awesome.

kewlmyc

Not sure, but he's had it for a while now. Most people who haven't beat the game don't notice the difference between that Junko and the Junko from the beginning, so I've haven't told him yet. Plus if he doesn't know, telling him would spoil him.

I know someone brought it up when the OT first went up.

Sorian

Banned
Not sure, but he's had it for a while now. Most people who haven't beat the game don't notice the difference between that Junko and the Junko from the beginning, so I've haven't told him yet. Plus if he doesn't know, telling him would spoil him.

Eagerly awaiting for him to finish then. I assume many lolz will be had.

I know someone brought it up when the OT first went up.

I noticed that a couple days ago and they probably shouldn't have done that, it made me eye his avatar with great suspicion for a couple minutes but nothing stood out to me and I dismissed it, I'm sure someone more observant than me would have caught air of something odd though/

LX_Theo

Banned
Just looked up at the possibility of a third Danganronpa being developed since the 2nd is already out in Japan... And really? An action adventure with horror elements?

Strikes me as a bit like its out of left field.

Sorian

Banned
Just looked up at the possibility of a third Danganronpa being developed since the 2nd is already out in Japan... And really? An action adventure with horror elements?

My understanding is that is something called "Another Story(or Episode?)" which is a spin-off type deal while DR3 has just been heavily hinted at. I didn't look much into it, I assume that both would expect me to have knowledge of SDR2 which I don't.

LiK

i'm glad i didn't know this. i bought the Junko figure a few weeks ago and had no idea she was the mastermind. it explains why Monokuma is doing her pose.

I noticed that a couple days ago and they probably shouldn't have done that, it made me eye his avatar with great suspicion for a couple minutes but nothing stood out to me and I dismissed it, I'm sure someone more observant than me would have caught air of something odd though/

Forgot who, but somebody mentioned that something was off with his avatar compared to the Junko image in the OT. Didn't want to answer it since you know nothing but spoilers~

That's Danganronpa: Another Episode. Supposedly it's going to be something like Danganronpa 1.5 in terms of plot but an action adventure game instead. We haven't actually heard any news of it besides when it was announced.

They did tease that there is going to be a Danganronpa 3 as well.

GSR

My understanding is that is something called "Another Story(or Episode?)" which is a spin-off type deal while DR3 has just been heavily hinted at. I didn't look much into it, I assume that both would expect me to have knowledge of SDR2 which I don't.

I think DR3 has been officially confirmed as well, it's just very very early in development. Another Episode is a spin-off starring Naegi's sister.

Zephyx

Thankfully we're getting Danganronpa IF in the sequel~

What is DR IF?

Just finished the game yesterday and it was really good. I've been playing it over the weekend and I think I stopped only to eat and sleep. I was also heartbroken when
Celeste
died in Chapter 3. I really liked her as a character. :(

I have a few questions though, but I'm not sure if some are already answered in the story and I misunderstood:

(1) Why did "Junko" attack Monokuma during Chapter 1? Was she confident she will not get killed?

(2) Is there some kind of hint in the game on what the videos in Chapter 1 or the secrets in Chapter 2 for each character contain?

(3) What is the relevance of the "Crazy Diamond" pickaxe in the toolshed? It's presence there is acknowledged but not pursued in the story AFAIK.

(4) Will the sequel provide closure to the series? or just leave us hanging again like in the ending?

I really want to play the sequel right now. That ending was a cliffhanger and I still don't know what is actually "The Tragedy" that happened. I'm tempted to browse the wiki but I know that will ruin the game for me. :(

LX_Theo

Banned
That's Danganronpa: Another Episode. Supposedly it's going to be something like Danganronpa 1.5 in terms of plot but an action adventure game instead. We haven't actually heard any news of it besides when it was announced.

They did tease that there is going to be a Danganronpa 3 as well.

Okay, good. Even as a spin-off, it still seems out of left field, lol, but thats much better.

kewlmyc

What is DR IF?

Just finished the game yesterday and it was really good. I've been playing it over the weekend and I think I stopped only to eat and sleep. I was also heartbroken when
Celeste

I have a few questions though, but I'm not sure if some are already answered in the story and I misunderstood:

(1) Why did "Junko" attack Monokuma during Chapter 1? Was she confident she will not get killed?

(2) Is there some kind of hint in the game on what the videos in Chapter 1 or the secrets in Chapter 2 for each character contain?

(3) What is the relevance of the "Crazy Diamond" pickaxe in the toolshed? It's presence there is acknowledged but not pursued in the story AFAIK.

(4) Will the sequel provide closure to the series? or just leave us hanging again like in the ending?

I really want to play the sequel right now. That ending was a cliffhanger and I still don't know what is actually "The Tragedy" that happened. I'm tempted to browse the wiki but I know that will ruin the game for me. :(

DanganRonpa IF is a "what if" story included as a small booklet with Super DanganRonpa 2 preorders in Japan. It's stars Mukuro and what could have happen if she didn't get offed by her sister at the beginning.

(1)She was supposed to be captured and put in a jail cell where she could work behind the scenes. Junko killed her instead because "lol despair".

(2)No sadly.

(3) Not sure either sadly. At least not off the top of my head.

(4) 2 does leave MOST questions answered from what I hear.

Not sure how much faith I have in Another Episode (mostly not sure about the dev's qualifications in the genre), but at the very least I'm looking forward to more Genocide Jill shenanigans. If I can get a solid game out of it too, that would just be the icing on the cake.

It's a spinoff. At the end of the trailer for it, the 3rd main game was largely hinted at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJrA22LGcM

"and also_3"

This reminds me that I hope they include that happy school events as a bonus in Another Episode or something.

Cause can't we just get a game where's everybody happy and not trapped somewhere? :[

I believe part of the plan was to have Junko attack Monokuma and Monokuna would jail her away. But real Junko decided yay despair instead and killed her. If you listen to what she says after she's been stabbed, you can tell she completely didn't expect one bit that this will happen.

LiK

This reminds me that I hope they include that happy school events as a bonus in Another Episode or something.

Cause can't we just get a game where's everybody happy and not trapped somewhere? :[

haha, yea. i would like an alt series where it's just daily life with them and not filled with horrors.

Sorian

Banned
What is DR IF?

Celeste

1) Not sure myself actually so if someone has a better answer than me, go for it. I assume it was supposed to still act as a way to show that Monokuma wasn't fucking around but the punishment wasn't supposed to be death that time. Like a warning for Mondo, a more severe punishment for "Junko", and death if there was a third strike. I can only imagine Junko told her sister to act that way though.

2) None AFAIK in the game. You can assume, of course, like Genocide Jill was probably Toko's secret.

3) Just another subtle hint that everyone in the school had already been to parts of the school that they shouldn't have had access to yet, why Mondo brought a pickaxe to Hope's Peak? Who knows.

4) I'm sure it leaves off on another sequel hook but someone who played it could probably answer better than I.

Trigger

Yes, Junko's own testimony implies that her sister didn't expect to be killed. Maybe some of it was rehearsed? Mukuro was still operating under the assumption that her role was to help move things along.

None. We just have to guess based on their personalities and backgrounds. I could see Celeste's secret being her true name for example.

EDIT- Now that I think about it, Junko described the motive behind the first murder as human connections and the second motive was about the past. So I guess that's a small clue? We still don't know exactly what each person saw or which secret they feared being revealed, but that's something right?

It's just further proof that the students have lived in the school for awhile. How else could a pickaxe linked to Mondo be in a part of the school he didn't visit during the story's events? He probably left it there during the two year gap.

I really wish we got the same double release that our japanese friends got. Need more trials!

FluxWaveZ

(2) Is there some kind of hint in the game on what the videos in Chapter 1 or the secrets in Chapter 2 for each character contain?(

I would have liked to have seen the other chapter 1 motive videos as well since the "Find out after graduation!" captions after the narration of those dramatic scenes were pretty striking, but oh well.

Sorian

Banned
I really wish we got the same double release that our japanese friends got. Need more trials!

Maybe it's better we didn't? I would have blown through everything already and have even deeper despear.
Who am I kidding? I would have enjoyed every minute of it and been so happy to have double the play time

I would have liked to have seen the other chapter 1 motive videos as well since the "Find out after graduation!" captions after the narration of those dramatic scenes were pretty striking, but oh well.

Makes you wonder what Leon's was. No matter how you slice it, he did decide after he had already defended himself to leave, plan a murder, and come back to make it work. I'm sure he had a little more motive than just basic wanting to leave.

Trigger

Maybe it's better we didn't? I would have blown through everything already and have even deeper despear.
Who am I kidding? I would have enjoyed every minute of it and been so happy to have double the play time

I wouldn't mind being caught up with the rest of the fanbase too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just finished the game. What a ride!

How does School Life mode work? Do you carry over tokens, presents, and report card completion? Can I use it to basically complete the report card trophies?

Unfortunately, I had the final Junko reveal kind of spoiled for myself since I purchased the Junko PVC figure where she clearly has the Momokuma hairties. I almost didn't notice, but then someone commented how a certain "PVC figure" had a spoiler in the main thread, and that just forced me to look at her in a different way. :(

pariah164

So, in School Mode, does Monokuma hate EVERYTHING you make for him, or do your projects improve as you level up?

How does School Life mode work? Do you carry over tokens, presents, and report card completion? Can I use it to basically complete the report card trophies?
Yes to all those.

Zephyx

DanganRonpa IF is a "what if" story included as a small booklet with Super DanganRonpa 2 preorders in Japan. It's stars Mukuro and what could have happen if she didn't get offed by her sister at the beginning.

Just read the summary of it. Thanks!

I believe part of the plan was to have Junko attack Monokuma and Monokuna would jail her away. But real Junko decided yay despair instead and killed her. If you listen to what she says after she's been stabbed, you can tell she completely didn't expect one bit that this will happen.

I know she did it for "yay despair!" and I know what Mukuro said but I don't really believe any of the students need another warning at that point. The bomb threat to Mondo during the start of the game should be enough IMO. I think Junko really wanted to kill her from the start so she willingly put Mukuro in that position but we can't say for sure.

None. We just have to guess based on their personalities and backgrounds. I could see Celeste's secret being her true name for example.

Hmm, I don't believe her true name is an embarrassing memory or a secret at all. It may be her "lies" but we can only really speculate at this point if there are no clues pointing to it.

It's just further proof that the students have lived in the school for awhile. How else could a pickaxe linked to Mondo be in a part of the school he didn't visit during the story's events? He probably left it there during the two year gap.

Yeah, that's most likely the reason. It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks.

Thanks for the answers. Game is really good and I can't wait for the sequel.

Sorian

Banned
I know she did it for "yay despair!" and I know what Mukuro said but I don't really believe any of the students need another warning at that point. The bomb threat to Mondo during the start of the game should be enough IMO. I think Junko really wanted to kill her from the start so she willingly put Mukuro in that position but we can't say for sure.

Yes.

Of course the students didn't need another warning at that point but Junko told Mukuro that they did and she went along with it. There is no doubt that Junko wanted to kill her sister well before that moment came up.

Edit: Also, in regards to Celete's name, I'm sure that is her embarrassing secret. During her trial, she does say how she would never have a name belong to a commoner or something along those lines.

Edit: Also, in regards to Celete's name, I'm sure that is her embarrassing secret. During her trial, she does say how she would never have a name belong to a commoner or something along those lines.

I imagine it's either that or maybe saying her tales are nothing but lies and fabrications.

Zephyx

Yes.

Of course the students didn't need another warning at that point but Junko told Mukuro that they did and she went along with it. There is no doubt that Junko wanted to kill her sister well before that moment came up.

Hmm, maybe you're right. Might need to replay the trial to verify myself. I really don't know how to approach her character but I still like her. You really can't tell what's the truth among her experiences, particularly the ones in her report card.

I imagine it's either that or maybe saying her tales are nothing but lies and fabrications.

I'm leaning on the latter but she will not scouted by the school if she is not really the Ultimate Gambler... unless she's the Ultimate Liar or Bluffer.

Well you could argue that more than a warning it was meant to make it so that both despair sisters are out of the picture. Then Junko just went "yay despair" and changed the plan without telling.

Zephyx

Well you could argue that more than a warning it was meant to make it so that both despair sisters are out of the picture. Then Junko just went "yay despair" and changed the plan without telling.

I don't disregard the possibility but if I remember correctly, there was no document or any information detailing that Junko is part of the Ultimate Despair. The only clue they found regarding the Ultimate Despair was it isn't just one individual, it is a group and Mukuro is a member. It was just their investigation with some hints and revelations from Junko herself that resulted in uncovering the truth about the sisters.

Top Bottom