• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

I imagine it's either that or maybe saying her tales are nothing but lies and fabrications.

Adding to this. Supposedly some of the stories Celes tells you in free-time events are actually the plots of manga and other stories. Her whole personality quirk is that she has hardcore eight-grader-syndrome, is into gothic lolita and is also very good at gambling. The other chuuni of the entire series is Gundam from SDR2, but he is A LOT more fun... And he's voiced by Sugita, so I pity the voice actor that has to dub his voice in English

I don't disregard the possibility but if I remember correctly, there was no document or any information detailing that Junko is part of the Ultimate Despair. The only clue they found regarding the Ultimate Despair was it isn't just one individual, it is a group and Mukuro is a member. It was just their conclusion with some hints and revelations from Junko herself that resulted in uncovering the truth about the sisters.

Junko is THE Ultimate Despair. Without spoiling anything, if Ultimate Despair were to have a despair competition Junko would be the Ultimatest this is pretty much canon.

LX_Theo

Banned
Adding to this. Supposedly some of the stories Celes tells you in free-time events are actually the plots of manga and other stories. Her whole personality quirk is that she has hardcore eight-grader-syndrome, is into gothic lolita and is also very good at gambling. The other chuuni of the entire series is Gundam from SDR2, but he is A LOT more fun... And he's voiced by Sugita, so I pity the voice actor that has to dub his voice in English

If her tales are lies, then how is she the Ultimate Gambler? Just her pokerface while telling such ridiculous lies?

Trigger

If her tales are lies, then how is she the Ultimate Gambler? Just her pokerface while telling such ridiculous lies?

I assume she just gambles in more normal venues and then uses the plot of mangas/anime to make her past seem more exciting then it really is.

Zephyx

Junko is THE Ultimate Despair. Without spoiling anything, if Ultimate Despair were to have a despair competition Junko would be the Ultimatest this is pretty much canon.

What I meant was during their investigation, there were no clues that Junko was even the Ultimate Despair. It was Junko herself that revealed to them that she was. I was just referring to your statement that she killed Mukuro early to get the despair sisters out of the way.

LX_Theo

Banned
What I meant was during their investigation, there were no clues that Junko was even the Ultimate Despair. It was Junko herself that revealed to them that she was. I was just referring to your statement that she killed Mukuro early to get the despair sisters out of the way.

I suppose. Her measurements were a large giveaway, though. If I remember correctly, everything was the exactly same between Mukuro and Junko. Meaning that you could make one of two conclusions from it.

Either Mukuro used a body of some stature to fake her death and was the sole mastermind, or the Junko from before was really Mukuro and the real Junko was unaccounted for (and since Junko was part of the game, she'd have to be the sixteenth student and most likely candidate for matermind). Since they already know the mastermind is more than one person... Oh, this is assuming that the conclusion that none of the remaining five could be the mastermind has already been made.

I'd agree its a much harder conclusion to get to before the revelation, but that single shred of evidence does point

Oh, what I meant by "out of the way" was so that Mukuro could also be there in the control room and pretty much be able to move in the shadows rather than getting her out of the way so people don't figure out Junko is not Junko.

FluxWaveZ

I almost thought that, at the end when Junko was holding her hand over the red button for self-execution, the Ultimate Hope would prevent her from killing herself and possibly restrain her along with the others in the hope that she could provide more answers and come to regret what she had done, causing Junko even more despair in return.

It's fitting, but it bothers me that she died by her own hand and it was exactly what she wanted.

First thing I also thought when the mastermind's identity was revealed and she appeared in the circle was that someone should jump her and slit her throat.

Labrys

Probably just a shoutout to Josuke from Jojo part 4, with his stand Crazy Diamond.

mondo's (and daiya's) gang is actually called the crazy diamonds, could be alluding to that as well

fun fact daiya and mondo's name make up daiyamondo, or how you romanize the word "diamond" in japanese

pariah164

Uuugh. I only made 2 Monokuma builds. Maxed out the report cards though. Is there a guide for where people like to go on Trip Tickets?

This mode is testing me more than the main game, I swear.

Noi

Uuugh. I only made 2 Monokuma builds. Maxed out the report cards though. Is there a guide for where people like to go on Trip Tickets?

This mode is testing me more than the main game, I swear.

AFAIK, you can take anyone anywhere and there will be at least one "good" option among the 3 sets of possible choices. Personally I just take people to a room and save/load until I know which choices are the good ones.

The ones I remember are:

For Junko in the store:
>Armor
>Weapons
>lets organize a bit
Trigger Happy Heart: Deny the second option

For Byakuya in the library:
>I love reading!
>Let's check out the back room
>there's a lot of textbooks here

for Toko/Jill in the Music Room:
>"Do you listen to music while writing?"
>"what do you like to listen to?"
>haven't gotten the third set yet

Celeste in rec room:
>"let's play othello"
>"is that a slot machine in the back?"
>"Hope's Peak is really amazing!"
Trigger Happy Heart: Agree with the second option

Chihiro in Library:
>"it's so quiet here..."
>"should we spend some time studying?"
>also forgot this one

Hifumi in Dining Hall:
>"Do you like hamburgers?"
>TBD

Ahhhh, that wail at the end of Chapter 2 was just as heart wrenching as it was in Japanese.

Also, I actually do wonder who would have Sakura killed first if Maizono didn't freak out. Wonder how differently everything would have went...

First thing I also thought when the mastermind's identity was revealed and she appeared in the circle was that someone should jump her and slit her throat.

I was thinking that too, but I imagine she could overpower whoever jumped her, even if they all went at once. Might have been a different story if Mondo and Sakura were still alive though.

789shadow

Banned
I was thinking that too, but I imagine she could overpower whoever jumped her, even if they all went at once. Might have been a different story if Mondo and Sakura were still alive though.
Kirigiri is probably no slouch in a fight, and Asahina is a top athlete. They also had a serial killer on hand.

FluxWaveZ

Kirigiri is probably no slouch in a fight, and Asahina is a top athlete. They also had a serial killer on hand.

And all that vs. the Ultimate Fashionista? Her sister would have wiped the floor with all of them, but Junko herself? Pf, it would have been nothing.

And all that vs. the Ultimate Fashionista? Her sister would have wiped the floor with all of them, but Junko herself? Pf, it would have been nothing.

Dunno, what if Junko is powered by despair or something. I'm sure by then the despair levels were probably through the roof.

I mean, look at how all the executions didn't even phase her.

FluxWaveZ

Dunno, what if Junko is powered by despair or something. I'm sure by then the despair levels were probably through the roof.

I mean, look at how all the executions didn't even phase her.

Ha, I'm not too sure despair would power her up like that, heh. Plus, she was pretty adamant about being the "brains" compared to her "useless" sister who was the muscle.

I'll just imagine she had a safeguard since she was the mastermind, after all. Like, if they did decide to gang up on her, she could press a button to initiate an instant execution of all of them because attacking her would be against the rules.

LX_Theo

Banned

Remembering her sister's death... I think Junko has the upperhand. I'm sure she's devised simple ways of killing them should they attack her.

kewlmyc

Forget if it was in Zero or If, but Junko isn't a slouch. She's supposed to be nearly perfect at everything, mentally and physically.

Dugna

Forget if it was in Zero or If, but Junko isn't a slouch. She's supposed to be nearly perfect at everything, mentally and physically.

Yep she could easily take on Mukuro and other stronger characters in the game, either with pure force or a mix It's why the only reason Naegi and the cast could beat her is because they used the game against her.

pariah164

AFAIK, you can take anyone anywhere and there will be at least one "good" option among the 3 sets of possible choices. Personally I just take people to a room and save/load until I know which choices are the good ones.

The ones I remember are:

For Junko in the store:
>Armor
>Weapons
>lets organize a bit

For Byakuya in the library:
>I love reading!
>Let's check out the back room
>there's a lot of textbooks here

for Toko in the Music Room:
>"Do you listen to music while writing?"
>"what do you like to listen to?"
>haven't gotten the third set yet

Celeste in rec room:
>"let's play othello"
>"is that a slot machine in the back?"
>"Hope's Peak is really amazing!"
Trigger Happy Heart: Agree with the second option

Chihiro in Library:
>"it's so quiet here..."
>"should we spend some time studying?"
>also forgot this one

Edit: Oh jesus Toko goes genocider in the middle of her thing. Why am I not surprised, gimme a minute.
YOU ARE MY HERO I will use this as a basis and try to not fuck up.

Zephyx

I suppose. Her measurements were a large giveaway, though. If I remember correctly, everything was the exactly same between Mukuro and Junko. Meaning that you could make one of two conclusions from it.

Either Mukuro used a body of some stature to fake her death and was the sole mastermind, or the Junko from before was really Mukuro and the real Junko was unaccounted for (and since Junko was part of the game, she'd have to be the sixteenth student and most likely candidate for matermind). Since they already know the mastermind is more than one person... Oh, this is assuming that the conclusion that none of the remaining five could be the mastermind has already been made.

I'd agree its a much harder conclusion to get to before the revelation, but that single shred of evidence does point

If we are discussing the discovery of the mastermind, then you are correct. The single shred of evidence you mention is enough for speculation. It was just a matter of putting the pieces together.

In the early point of Chapter 6, I know for a fact that Junko is somehow related to all these due to the group photo, the nails and the missing light in the bio lab. Still, her being the Ultimate Despair did not immediately come to my mind until she revealed it. Maybe I'm at fault here due to my lack of foresight as they constantly reiterated that mastermind = Ultimate Despair.

Side note: Before the revelation, I actually thought Byakuya was the one controlling everything behind the scenes (even Junko) due to the Ultimate Despair being a group and Byakuya being a member of that "group".
Maybe I just hated his arrogance so I wanted him to die xD

So, I did school life all over again and this time I did get the endings. It seems like having everyone's report finished was a requirement.

Sayaka's ending... Damn. Makes me feel horrible that this happy ending isn't canon. The game still plays with my heart even after completing the main game.

PK Gaming

Do you guys want to hear a funny joke?

I actually "lived" DanganRonpa, believe it or not

You see, a couple of years ago when DanganRonpa started growing in popularity on Tumblr, a couple of the people I regularly followed started reblogging it. I liked some of the art/fancomics/etc despite not knowing what it was, so I mindlessly *reblogged* their posts(so I basically knew how everyone looked like from the get go). The ones I distinctly remembered were all from Junko; I saw her with a Monokuma doll, and one with her crown. Basically, I reblogged a ton of spoilery content (like Genocide Jill), and I didn't even realize what I was doing. Which is why, when I started playing DanganRonpa I got the strangest sense of deja-vu. Like I was aware that I used to reblog DR stuff, but I didn't remember any of it.

With the exception of Junko of course. Junko struck out, out like a sore thumb; not just because of my past tumblring, but because there were even MORE external hints that tried to give away
-Someone on irc unintentionally pointed out that a neogaf user's Junko avatar was a spoiler
-She had 2 VAs (and she died)
-I wasn't allowed to forget who Junko was because my bro waifu'd her

So here's the punchline; in spite of all that, all of those factors... I still didn't think she was the mastermind. It was until chapter 5 when I noticed the victim's corpse had long red nails and her boots that I started putting it together.

I guess i'm the ultimate dunce, puhuhuhuhu

Do you guys want to hear a funny joke?

I actually "lived" DanganRonpa, believe it or not

You see, a couple of years ago when DanganRonpa started growing in popularity on Tumblr, a couple of the people I regularly followed started reblogging it. I liked some of the art/fancomics/etc despite not knowing what it was, so I mindlessly *reblogged* their posts(so I basically knew how everyone looked like from the get go). The ones I distinctly remembered were all from Junko; I saw her with a Monokuma doll, and one with her crown. Basically, I reblogged a ton of spoilery content (like Genocide Jill), and I didn't even realize what I was doing. Which is why, when I started playing DanganRonpa I got the strangest sense of deja-vu. Like I was aware that I used to reblog DR stuff, but I didn't remember any of it.

With the exception of Junko of course. Junko struck out, out like a sore thumb; not just because of my past tumblring, but because there were even MORE external hints that tried to give away
-Someone on irc unintentionally pointed out that a neogaf user's Junko avatar was a spoiler
-She had 2 VAs (and she died)
-I wasn't allowed to forget who Junko was because my bro waifu'd her

So here's the punchline; in spite of all that, all of those factors... I still didn't think she was the mastermind. It was until chapter 5 when I noticed the victim's corpse had long red nails and her boots that I started putting it together.

*gasp* You must be Hagakure.

FluxWaveZ

Now that's a title!

Speaking of which, I forgot that I should still be wary of DR2 spoilers even though I finished the first game and I might have inadvertently spoiled something big from a random image search for Monokuma. I'll try to forget about it, though.

PK Gaming

It's fitting, but it bothers me that she died by her own hand and it was exactly what she wanted.

This bothered me a lot at first but:

When Junko executed herself, the crushing machine momentarily "stopped" for a second which caused her confusion, and it fell immediately afterwards. So didn't get to die while "basking herself in despair" like she intended to.

It's brilliant

Now that's a title!

Speaking of which, I forgot that I should still be wary of DR2 spoilers even though I finished the first game and I might have inadvertently spoiled something big from a random image search for Monokuma. I'll try to forget about it, though.

Well if you do get accidentally spoiled at some point (and this goes for other people), to make yourself (yourselves) feel better I was actually spoiled almost every major thing that happened in SDR2, including two of the bigger "twists" and the climax of the final trial prior to finishing the game. Those spoilers didn't do any justice to the game. The way the second game presents itself is just so fucking nuts that no spoiler could possible ruin how amazingly insane the complete RIDE is.

Clov

Well if you do get accidentally spoiled at some point (and this goes for other people), to make yourself (yourselves) feel better I was actually spoiled almost every major thing that happened in SDR2, including two of the bigger "twists" and the climax of the final trial prior to finishing the game. Those spoilers didn't do any justice to the game. The way the second game presents itself is just so fucking nuts that no spoiler could possible ruin how amazingly insane the complete RIDE is.

This is true, you really have to see the events unfold before your eyes. It's very, very exciting and well pulled off. If you all loved Danganronpa, you'll probably love SDR2 even more.

This bothered me a lot at first but:

When Junko executed herself, the crushing machine momentarily "stopped" for a second which caused her confusion, and it fell immediately afterwards. So didn't get to die while "basking herself in despair" like she intended to.

It's brilliant

Definitely keeps in mind with the fringe brilliance of all the other executions.

So, all those extra details that the Dangan Ronpa manga gives are supposed to be canon, right?

Because oh god I feel so bad for Leon now ;A;

PK Gaming

Post from the OT:

I just really wanted to quote it and laugh.

image.php

Go right ahead. Your petty attempt at putting me down won't work. I'm surprised you were arrogant enough to presume that I wouldn't read your post. Or was that your intention? Were you just trying to put me down?

Didn't you get the memo? Hope >>> Despair. Always.

So, all those extra details that the Dangan Ronpa manga gives are supposed to be canon, right?

It's supposed to flesh things out, but yeah, the thing with Leon is portrayed COMPLETELY different than in the game. It's never even hinted
that it was an accident in the game.

webkid94

.... How do I get Trigger Happy Heart options to pop up?

I have no clue how these work, I got two of them for Yamada but none for Mukuro (I can say Mukuro right?).
--------------------------
I had no clue the harder the difficulty during the trials, the more medals you get. I was annoyed I kept getting like around 70 (had it set on easy) and then around 120 on Mean.

pariah164

I have no clue how these work, I got two of them for Yamada but none for Mukuro (I can say Mukuro right?).
--------------------------
I had no clue the harder the difficulty during the trials, the more medals you get. I was annoyed I kept getting like around 70 (had it set on easy) and then around 120 on Mean.
The Raise ability gets you more. Talk to Celeste; you get it around level 4 when you fill her Report Cars.

I thought Genocide Jill was one of the funniest characters to come from the game, Erin Fitzgerald's performance hit the nail on the head with that performance, it was both hilarious and bone-chilling, this is best line from her in the game I thought.

That delivery was just priceless

This is gonna be pretty much me about spoilers for Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair...

Okay, I loved the game and now want to start checking out some of the side material. Are both Zero and IF safe to read without spoiling anything about SDR2? If I try and search for the answer there's a 99.5% chance I'll run into an unwanted spoiler.

Random baseless musings from when I was playing the game - The feeling I got from the group photos was that the relationships between the cast when they were classmates subconsciously influenced their actions following the memory lobotomy (Toko's severe crush on Togami being the obvious example, but IIRC there was signs implying close relationships between Owada and Chihiro, Asahina and Sakura, Leon and Sayaka (1-way?), possibly some others).

Celeste being the best character, I noticed that she was (in the game photos at least) always standing in the background by herself in her trademark getup irrespective of what everyone else was doing. The only exceptions were the smaller photo where she was visibly angry at Hifumi for some reason, and one photo where she seemed to be talking with Junko (of all people). The photo earlier in this thread actually has her in sportswear, but unless I'm misreading the expression on her face she looks less than thrilled about it.

It makes me wonder whether part of the reason she was the most villainous / morally bankrupt of the non-Despair characters and (supposedly) felt no remorse for her actions was because she didn't have a good relationship with the rest of the class. I wish there was some additional material dealing with the characters while they were students together, because I'm curious about their group dynamics / interactions at that time.

Still utterly trucked off that Celeste is dead. I'm sure my favourite character in the sequel will form part of the body count as well.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yeah, I thought this was a dead giveaway. You just have to take a quick glance at your e-reader.

I thought it was strongly implied that Junko had far more talent than just being a Fashionista. She used that as more of a ruse to gain power and influence, but the fact that she was the superior of her twin sister, the Ultimate Soldier, did it for me.

Man, even though the final reveal was pseudo-spoiled for me via avatars and the Junko figure, it was still done really well. I loved the portrayal of Junko. I'm super excited to go into DR2 without any spoilerish baggage after reading some of the posts hyping it up in here.

I believe so which is what makes the manga so great. Too bad it's stuck in never going to get finished translated.

Okay, I loved the game and now want to start checking out some of the side material. Are both Zero and IF safe to read without spoiling anything about SDR2? If I try and search for the answer there's a 99.5% chance I'll run into an unwanted spoiler.

Random baseless musings from when I was playing the game - The feeling I got from the group photos was that the relationships between the cast when they were classmates subconsciously influenced their actions following the memory lobotomy (Toko's severe crush on Togami being the obvious example, but IIRC there was signs implying close relationships between Owada and Chihiro, Asahina and Sakura, Leon and Sayaka (1-way?), possibly some others).

Celeste being the best character, I noticed that she was (in the game photos at least) always standing in the background by herself in her trademark getup irrespective of what everyone else was doing. The only exceptions were the smaller photo where she was visibly angry at Hifumi for some reason, and one photo where she seemed to be talking with Junko (of all people). The photo earlier in this thread actually has her in sportswear, but unless I'm misreading the expression on her face she looks less than thrilled about it.

It makes me wonder whether part of the reason she was the most villainous / morally bankrupt of the non-Despair characters and (supposedly) felt no remorse for her actions was because she didn't have a good relationship with the rest of the class. I wish there was some additional material dealing with the characters while they were students together, because I'm curious about their group dynamics / interactions at that time.

Still utterly trucked off that Celeste is dead. I'm sure my favourite character in the sequel will form part of the body count as well.

One thing about the photos is that for some characters, you can see they were basically in their stock poses for most of them.

I do agree, I would love to see something where everyone's happy and carefree and not trapped in despair. Then again, if they set it to before the lock-down, I don't know if I want to see everyone so happy knowing that despair will set in ._.

pariah164

Has anyone ever gotten this error?:

An error has occurred in the following application.
(C2-12828-1)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Have gotten this twice this morning while trying to play School Mode. Doesn't affect my save data (thank god), but it shuts the game down and makes me reboot it. I have a physical copy of the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For the complete present list trophy, do you actually need to have all the items in your posession, or can you just have identified it? Like, can you have x0 by an item and still have it count?

FluxWaveZ

I thought it was strongly implied that Junko had far more talent than just being a Fashionista. She used that as more of a ruse to gain power and influence, but the fact that she was the superior of her twin sister, the Ultimate Soldier, did it for me.

Perhaps I'm underestimating her, but her talent probably revolves more around tactics and planning than physical ability, which is why her safeguard against being directly attacked would probably take that form as well.

It seems that the Danganronpa Zero thing has some interesting info, but I'm not sure yet if that's something I'd want to seek out or just stick with the games.

Perhaps I'm underestimating her, but her talent probably revolves more around tactics and planning than physical ability, which is why her safeguard against being directly attacked would probably take that form as well.

You're correct.
Her other ability/talent is the SHSL Analyst or something similar sounding. It's why she was able to make such calculated moves and actually pretend the actions of those around here, both in Zero and in Danganronpa

Top Bottom