• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Trigger

For the complete present list trophy, do you actually need to have all the items in your posession, or can you just have identified it? Like, can you have x0 by an item and still have it count?

Pretty sure you just need to fill out the list of presents.

PK Gaming

Man, DanganRonpa abridged is good

Like really, really, really good

It's more than just cheap jokes, there's this obvious appreciation for the game, which makes some of the jokes really stellar

The direction on Monokuma is pretty great too, haha

Volcynika

For the complete present list trophy, do you actually need to have all the items in your posession, or can you just have identified it? Like, can you have x0 by an item and still have it count?

You can have x0, I did it myself with that way. Just need to have no ???? presents left.

God, this present trophy is so mind numbingly boring.

It is. I got down to the last bit and just threw in like 80 coins apiece to get the last few, then reloaded my save after it triggered so I could use the coins to buy the gallery items.

PK Gaming

So the reason why the dining room was blocked at night...

Was because Junko had to come out and eat right?

All this time, I thought there was a deep secret regarding the dining room, but I guess it was more simple than that. It's really funny when you about it.

All this time, I thought there was a deep secret regarding the dining room, but I guess it was more simple than that. It's really funny when you about it.

Well I also thought it was to restock the kitchen and stuff. I mean sure, she wanted them to kill each other but at the same time, you had to keep the kitchen well stocked.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You can have x0, I did it myself with that way. Just need to have no ???? presents left.

It is. I got down to the last bit and just threw in like 80 coins apiece to get the last few, then reloaded my save after it triggered so I could use the coins to buy the gallery items.

Pretty sure you just need to fill out the list of presents.

Thanks. I figured as much, but wanted to be sure. It shouldn't be too bad after I get the 999 coins.

Oh hey guys what's u-

Wait this isn't the OT OH SHIT :p

I'm just marking this for when I finish (I know the general bits, but that's it) cause OH MAN

Sorian

Banned

Did she have some easy way of getting from the data center to the dining room to grab food? People were still always strolling around at night throughout the game like it was nothing, I feel like someone would have noticed a shadow moving about.

Did she have some easy way of getting from the data center to the dining room to grab food? People were still always strolling around at night throughout the game like it was nothing, I feel like someone would have noticed a shadow moving about.

Would they have paid too much attention if it was Monokuma grabbing as much food as he can and taking it upstairs?

Steel

Banned

I think she could actually fit in the monokuma suit. I mean, where did she poof from during the class trial?

Sorian

Banned
Would they have paid too much attention if it was Monokuma grabbing as much food as he can and taking it upstairs?

Does a single Monokuma have free reign to walk from one room to another? I never saw him do such a thing in the game and it seemed like he would have done that to go check out where alter ego was being stored when he confronted everyone outside about what they were doing. I know now that Monokuma is more than his master controller based on the scene after the credits but as it stood during this game, it seemed like monokumas were just assigned to each room.

I just assumed trap doors and hidden passages up the wanzoo.

Or a chain of Monokuma passing food from one place to the next.

Does a single Monokuma have free reign to walk from one room to another? I never saw him do such a thing in the game and it seemed like he would have done that to go check out where alter ego was being stored when he confronted everyone outside about what they were doing. I know now that Monokuma is more than his master controller based on the scene after the credits but as it stood during this game, it seemed like monokumas were just assigned to each room.

Pretty sure he knew about Alter Ego all along and just didn't care/waited until the most appropriate moment to obtain maximum despair

Trigger

I think she could actually fit in the monokuma suit. I mean, where did she poof from during the class trial?

???

The Monokumas are dolls controlled by Junko from the hatch in the data room. I assume that whatever method she uses to deploy Monokuma to different rooms in the school is the same method she used to appear in the last trial.

Monokuma can walk around freely just fine. There's no reason to assume he can't. As far as the bolded is concerned, Monokuma never investigated the room because he already knew what they were hiding.

Sorian

Banned
Pretty sure he knew about Alter Ego all along and just didn't care/waited until the most appropriate moment to obtain maximum despair

I'd argue that she didn't really notice alter ego until it was hooked into the network but it's not like it mattered either way. They were allowed to hack the laptop for clues anyway so the sneakiness was a waste there.

Well considering how they were still discussing it in the Dining Room in the next day after discovering it, I'm guessing Junko is smart enough to guess there something's in the bath.

I mean they didn't really do a good job of keeping it a secret.

Sorian

Banned
???

The Monokumas are dolls controlled by Junko from the hatch in the data room. I assume that whatever method she uses to deploy Monokuma to different rooms in the school is the same method she used to appear in the last trial.

Monokuma can walk around freely just fine. There's no reason to assume he can't. As far as the bolded is concerned, Monokuma never investigated the room because he already knew what they were hiding.

It doesn't seem like we see it the same way at all. My impression is that each room was outfitted with multiple Monokuma's underground and that hitting the appropriate button in a room had one of them pop out. As far as I remember, there was no time during the game where a Monokuma left it's assigned room and I think that May have been a hinted limitation, honestly.

Well if we take If's details as canon than I'm sure the whole Monokuma army in a single hallway thing implies a lack of said limitation.

Monokuma is a remote controlled robot, pretty sure he can do whatever Junko wants.

Sorian

Banned
Well if we take If's details as canon than I'm sure the whole Monokuma army in a single hallway thing implies a lack of said limitation.

I thought the whole point of IF was that it wasn't canon. I haven't read it so I don't know the details of what you speak of but it may not even go against what I say unless they move across a threshold of some sort (one place to another that would have had a separate button in the control room). Having a whole army underground in one hallway wouldn't really surprise me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, what's the difference between Dangan Ronpa 2 and Super Dangan Ronpa 2?

And what is the IF people are referring to? And there's a Zero prequel manga?

Is there any recommended reading/watching/playing after beating Dangan Ronpa, or should I just wait for Dangan Ronpa 2 to release this fall?

So, what's the difference between Dangan Ronpa 2 and Super Dangan Ronpa 2?

And what is the IF people are referring to? And there's a Zero prequel manga?

Is there any recommended reading/watching/playing after beating Dangan Ronpa, or should I just wait for Dangan Ronpa 2 to release this fall?

Super Danganronpa 2 and Danganronpa 2 are the same game. NISA just choose to drop the Super from the name.

IF is a non canon (but should be canon) spin-off that appears in the second game where if the Escape Button was found in the first game and the events that happens afterwards.

Danganronpa Zero is a prequel light novel series.

You could watch the anime. It's not terrible, just barebones but monokuma.gif and good ED.

FluxWaveZ

IF is a non canon (but should be canon) spin-off that appears in the second game where if the Escape Button was found in the first game and the events that happens afterwards.

Wait, that's what that is? Does that mean it will be localized in Danganronpa 2 coming this fall?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Super Danganronpa 2 and Danganronpa 2 are the same game. NISA just choose to drop the Super from the name.

Danganronpa Zero is a prequel light novel series.

You could watch the anime. It's not terrible, just barebones but monokuma.gif and good ED.

Thanks for this. Does DanganRonpa Zero spoil anything in DanganRonpa 2?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Christ, I just glanced through the Dangan Ronpa Zero wiki entry and one of the pictures is a huge fucking spoiler.

kewlmyc

Yep, Houk announced shortly after Danganronpa 2 was announced that IF will be included in the localized one.

Wow, I didn't know that. Nice. It'll probably be part of the LE.
Thanks for this. Does DanganRonpa Zero spoil anything in DanganRonpa 2?
Not that I remember since it was released before.

Christ, I just glanced through the Dangan Ronpa Zero wiki entry and one of the pictures is a huge fucking spoiler.

Welcome to DanganRonpa, where the wiki doesn't give a fuck about spoilers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It sucks, man. What is it about this series and me being unable to stay spoiler-free?

The way things are going, by the time Dangan Ronpa 2 rolls around this fall, someone will have sent me an email with a list of all the killers in it.

Wow, I didn't know that. Nice. It'll probably be part of the LE.

Not that I remember since it was released before.

Welcome to DanganRonpa, where the wiki doesn't give a fuck about spoilers.

Speaking of that last thing, don't even check the wiki of the first game's characters yet.

Sorian

Banned
It sucks, man. What is it about this series and me being unable to stay spoiler-free?

The way things are going, by the time Dangan Ronpa 2 rolls around this fall, someone will have sent me an email with a list of all the killers in it.

Got yo back, don't check those PMs :D

Trigger

Is that despair, I smell? Upupupupu....

1NcjwFz.gif

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hi guys, I know I've asked about school mode already, so please bear with me. (no pun intended)

I know trip affection doesn't transfer over to new playthroughs, but cleaning/searching levels do. What about consumables and tools? If not, is it best to spend my extra work days crafting the levelup consumables or should I level fast enough that I can just rest my team?

Thanks!

Hmm so DR0 isn't fully translated as of yet and the translation has actually halted?

The first book has been translated.

The second book has started but only part of it has.

AFAIK, two different groups are handling it. One is the one who did the LP for SDR2 who has completely translated book one and did a bit for book two.

The other group is the same one who did the fantranslation for the first game but they haven't released anything yet but have said they are working on it.

Trigger

Hi guys, I know I've asked about school mode already, so please bear with me. (no pun intended)

I know trip affection doesn't transfer over to new playthroughs, but cleaning/searching levels do. What about consumables and tools? If not, is it best to spend my extra work days crafting the levelup consumables or should I level fast enough that I can just rest my team?

Thanks!

Consumables and tools don't carry over so the only ones worth worrying over are the cheat sheet/cleaning maestro items to boost skill levels.

LiK

trophy hunting and doing the presents. WOW, the final scene with each character gives you major foreshadowing to their motives or reasons they were killed/punished. pretty cool.

kinda annoying i have to skip through the same scenes to get to Free Time tho. i just wanna max out the Report Cards.

Top Bottom