• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Zalman

I just finished this game so here are some spoilers and impressions for ya!

I liked it a lot and I'm glad I played it. I think the third chapter was the weakest overall. They made it waaay too obvious that Celeste was the killer. Not only was her attitude in the whole trial way off, but she also had that rhythm game thing at the very beginning for no reason. It took off the excitement before the trial even really started.

Now, about that ending... A little unsatisfying, I thought. I feel like it's missing something. I do wonder if the sequel will explain what happened to the outside world or if they want to leave that up to the player. Also, what was up with that post-credits scene? Who was controlling Monokuma?

Also, I quickly took a look at that what-if mode the game has. What is that all about? Worth playing?

I just finished this game so here are some spoilers and impressions for ya!

I liked it a lot and I'm glad I played it. I think the third chapter was the weakest overall. They made it waaay too obvious that Celeste was the killer. Not only was her attitude in the whole trial way off, but she also had that rhythm game thing at the very beginning for no reason. It took off the excitement before the trial even really started.

Now, about that ending... A little unsatisfying, I thought. I feel like it's missing something. I do wonder if the sequel will explain what happened to the outside world or if they want to leave that up to the player. Also, what was up with that post-credits scene? Who was controlling Monokuma?

Also, I quickly took a look at that what-if mode the game has. What is that all about? Worth playing?
I'd say the what-if mode isn't really worth it; just check it out and see if you enjoy it. There's not really that much into it and it's very repetitive, especially if you're going fro the platinum. You have to decide who cleans/looks for "parts" each day and then spend some free time with whoever you want.

You get some more information on what happened outside in the second game, and quite a lot of interesting stuff in DanganRonpa Zero, a novel.

NEO0MJ

So, everyone agrees that genocide Jill is best girt, right? That collarbone...But seriouslly, she had awesome dialogue and the perfect voice actor. Made the ending kinda funny though that the hopeful crew were sailing into the sunset with a crazy serial killer.

I did not expect Junko to be the mastermind at the beginning. The scene where she was going all "WTF" when she was impaled at the start made me suspect that she was in on something but I had no idea what it could be.

The scene at the end with Monokuma waking up was interesting. I wonder if he became self aware, would make sense since they alluded to that with alter-ego. Besides, there wasn't anyone left to control him at the school. Guess that mystery is for DR2. Also interested in finding out what's up with that pink Monokuma on DR2's cover.

bobawesome

So, everyone agrees that genocide Jill is best girt, right? That collarbone...But seriouslly, she had awesome dialogue and the perfect voice actor.
Yeah, Erin Fitzgerald is pretty great. I liked her as Junko Enoshima better, though. As for best girl, there's only one correct answer:

2380084-2380083-sakura.png

NEO0MJ

Yeah, Erin Fitzgerald is pretty great. I liked her as Junko Enoshima better, though. As for best girl, there's only one correct answer:

2380084-2380083-sakura.png

Sakura was really cool, and really different from most female characters you see, especially schoolgirls. It was really sad she committed suicide, even if it wasn't because she felt alone. Still, if it wasn't for her breaking down the headmaster's room there's no doubt that Junko would have won.

NEO0MJ

So, where's a good place to get wallpapers for this game without spoilering DR2?

Best girl is always Monokuma

Speaking of Monokuma, do most people consider him his own character or an extension of Junko? I like to think he's his own character. Sure it was Junko controlling him but it was more like she was bringing a character to life rather than expressing her own opinions through him.

LX_Theo

Banned
So is there a thread other than the already played in Japanese thread in works for DR2? Despair hype can't come soon enough.

Speaking of Monokuma, do most people consider him his own character or an extension of Junko? I like to think he's his own character. Sure it was Junko controlling him but it was more like she was bringing a character to life rather than expressing her own opinions through him.

Eh, half and half for me. Guess it depends on the scene more than anything.

LX_Theo

Banned
Where the heck is everyone getting these DR2 themed avatars, anyways?

Well, its a black and white rectangle with a character sprite in front of it. Not much of a challenge to make yourself (biggest challenge is not getting any spoilers while getting the sprite... Which I failed to a small extent). I assumed that's what everyone did.

I got somewhat spoiled trying to do some fanart of Daganronpa 1 when 2 chapters of the game were left, and discovered who seemed to be the culprit but tried to close my eyes fast.
Not going to do it again, DR is probably one of the easiest games to be spoiled by a simple search or even looking at a youtube video that has nothing to do with the games.

kewlmyc

I got somewhat spoiled trying to do some fanart of Daganronpa 1 when 2 chapters of the game were left, and discovered who seemed to be the culprit but tried to close my eyes fast.
Not going to do it again, DR is probably one of the easiest games to be spoiled by a simple search or even looking at a youtube video that has nothing to do with the games.
Curiosity killed the cat. Quit looking it up dammit, this happens to someone new like once a month.

LX_Theo

Banned
The best spoiler is something that makes absolutely no sense outside of context. Luckily, I think that's all I stumbled upon getting mine.

Truth to be told, I'd suggest to those who haven't yet read about the new characters, to leave it that way.
Finding out who everyone was was quite interesting, even if it happens at the beginnning of the game.

In non SDR2 news, finally got around to opening this, the second box of characters:

The secret rares for this set were Jill and MM|Junko which were pretty cool.

Poor Ishida, not even fit enough to get a mini figure, lol

In non SDR2 news, finally got around to opening this, the second box of characters:

The secret rares for this set were Jill and MM|Junko which were pretty cool.

Poor Ishida, not even fit enough to get a mini figure, lol
I can't wait until I can google stuff and look at DR pics and goods without being spoiler bombed.

I can't wait until I can google stuff and look at DR pics and goods without being spoiler bombed.

You should mostly be fine with looking up Danganronpa merchandise, especially figures and stuff like that.

SDR2 is only starting to get a big merchandise push and they don't really have much if any for Zero.

Just sticking with the places that sell this stuff and like myfigurecollection should be fine.

/totally not making it sound like buy some Danganronpa merch

kewlmyc

You should mostly be fine with looking up Danganronpa merchandise, especially figures and stuff like that.

SDR2 is only starting to get a big merchandise push and they don't really have much if any for Zero.

Just sticking with the places that sell this stuff and like myfigurecollection should be fine.

The only things that really spoil anything past DR1 is message boards, fanart, and the wiki. Avoid those 3 and you should be fine.

The only things that really spoil anything past DR1 is message boards, fanart, and the wiki. Avoid those 3 and you should be fine.
I'm not taking any chances.

When I got spoiled on the first DR, it came so out of left field, that I didn't even realize what I had saw at first. I've made it this far sticking to GAF only, and I'm gonna keep going that route.

Then I'll have the sweet, sweet three week period before Another Episode comes out where I can look at and read EVERYTHING.

Guys do you know what starts exactly two weeks from today?

FAN EXPOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going as Mondo again, and I'll be on the prowl for other DR cosplayers. I'll be sure to post pics once the whole shebang is over!

bobawesome

Guys do you know what starts exactly two weeks from today?

FAN EXPOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going as Mondo again, and I'll be on the prowl for other DR cosplayers. I'll be sure to post pics once the whole shebang is over!

Do you have any Mondo pics from last time you'd be willing to share? That sounds like it would be a really neat cosplay.

Do you have any Mondo pics from last time you'd be willing to share? That sounds like it would be a really neat cosplay.

Here's my post from after Anime North in May.

Days of Scrafty Past said:
So I attended Anime North in Toronto this past weekend, and decided to cosplay as Mondo because he's Da Man. One of my friends accompanied me as Chihiro, because she is also Da Man. Little did we know what kind of amazing adventures we'd embark on...

Here's us with a super cool Taka cosplayer we met. She was so awesome that we took her out to lunch, and then hung out with her for the rest of the day. Also note the lovingly hand-crafted tub of Mondo Butter, which I lugged around all day and also stored my wallet in.

There were actually a lot of Kyokos and Celestes in attendance, but these two were the best. Just all-around good people.

At 4:00 PM, there was actually a Danganronpa photoshoot! First we did a big group picture with all of the DR1 peeps. I was the only Mondo there because I'm a special snowflake.

After the ensemble shot was over, we were split into smaller groups based on character relationships. Here I am doing the Josuke Higashikata pose amidst a sea of Chihiro.

"FORGET FORGET FORGET BEEEEEEEEAM!" "NICE ONE, BRO!"

There was another "shipping" picture in which I was group-hugged by every Chihiro and Taka, but unfortunately I didn't get that one. Rest assured I'll post it here the second it's up on Tumblr!

I got the heck outta dodge before the DR2 photoshoot began so I could avoid spoilers. Wish I could've stayed to hang out with this awesome group more, but I have to keep my own interests in mind, too. I'll be going as Gundam next year though, so I won't miss out on anything!

Finally, here's me with Rising Superstar Liam-sama of Two Best Friends Play fame. He's a super cool guy, and he even recognized my costume!

Oh, and here's a pic of a DR button set I accidentally bought. I dunno what to do with them, but they look cool!

It turned out to be a wonderful day, and I met some really incredible, passionate people there. Here's hoping next year is even better!

I'm probably gonna go as whatever male DR2 character I like best next year (hopefully Gundam).

bobawesome

Here's my post from after Anime North in May.

I'm probably gonna go as whatever male DR2 character I like best next year (hopefully Gundam).

Thanks for posting the pictures. You and your friend look great and I love your pompadour. It's just the right amount of ridiculous.

Thanks for posting the pictures. You and your friend look great and I love your pompadour. It's just the right amount of ridiculous.

Haha, thanks. The wig got a lot of compliments, but it made me kinda front-heavy and needed to be hairsprayed often to survive the heat. It was tons of fun though, and I'm so excited to do it again!

I forgot to mention, everybody that pre-ordered the DR2 LE got their e-mail from NISA right, saying to have everything ready? They said they are gonna start charging on the 26th, so I hope that means they're gonna ship them out early too.

I don't want to have to buy a digital copy also, while waiting for me CE to arrive, but I might have to! O_O

I forgot to mention, everybody that pre-ordered the DR2 LE got their e-mail from NISA right, saying to have everything ready? They said they are gonna start charging on the 26th, so I hope that means they're gonna ship them out early too.

I don't want to have to buy a digital copy also, while waiting for me CE to arrive, but I might have to! O_O

It's pretty amazing how on-the-ball they are about this. Huge step up from some other online stores I've ordered from.

NEO0MJ

I wish I could have ordered the limited edition :(

Also, found this decent piece of fan art while googling. I only got one thing spoiled!
Bayakuya's DR2 design

So I was really bored at work last night, and decided to dream up a hypothetical Danganronpa fighting game in the vein of other anime fighters like BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena. Being the nutter I am, I then lovingly transcribed a list of hypothetical supers for all of the characters in this hypothetical game, which can be viewed here at your leisure:

http://pastebin.com/6DMMqMt4

(QCF is fighting game shorthand for "quarter circle forward," for those of you who don't know.)

It's a rather slapdash effort I'll admit, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Input of any kind is appreciated!

PK Gaming

So I was really bored at work last night, and decided to dream up a hypothetical Danganronpa fighting game in the vein of other anime fighters like BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena. Being the nutter I am, I then lovingly transcribed a list of hypothetical supers for all of the characters in this hypothetical game, which can be viewed here at your leisure:

(QCF is fighting game shorthand for "quarter circle forward," for those of you who don't know.)

It's a rather slapdash effort I'll admit, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Input of any kind is appreciated!

Sonia_%288%29.png

Marvelous!

Your movesets are creative and topical, and the names you chose are downright inspired. Chihiro's definitely my favorite of the bunch.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a DanganRonpa fighter!

kewlmyc

Sonia_%288%29.png

Marvelous!

Your movesets are creative and topical, and the names you chose are downright inspired. Chihiro's definitely my favorite of the bunch.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a DanganRonpa fighter!

Think of the plot.

Monokuma: "The trials take too much work, now I'm just going to have you guys beat each other to death. Don't worry, I nerfed the shit out of Sakura and Mondo."

You know we need this!

Top Bottom